Apartments for rent in stillwater ny
Boston Apartments: Listings, Rooms for Rent, Roommates + Sublets
2011.01.07 23:16 Bakadan Boston Apartments: Listings, Rooms for Rent, Roommates + Sublets
bostonhousing is a great resource for anyone looking for Boston apartments, rooms for rent in Boston, roommates in Boston, sublets in Boston and advice about moving to Boston + the surrounding area — including Cambridge, Somerville and Brookline.
2011.03.29 02:40 hesdoingwhat Apartments for rent, trade or sublet in Chicago.
2021.01.14 08:00 HFwizard RentNYC
Find apartments for rent in NYC via https://lighthouse.app
2023.06.05 16:16 RyukRevenge Still a crush on her
Me 20(M) Have a crush on a girl name her Laura (F21) It all started when me and my parents moved into their mother's house. That her mother rented out and she was there quite often in the beginning. Because she got along well with my mother and I usually sat down with her and that's when it started that she really often sought eye contact and as soon as I looked at her, she looked away, but 2 minutes later she looked at me again. Then at some point I got over myself and asked her if she would like to do something and she said yes. But then she disappeared and I haven't seen her for 8 months and last week I saw her again, the first time after 8 months. And it was like the first time, she sought eye contact and smiled at me. When I sat down with my brother somewhere else, she came after a while and then saw that my brother was with me. And it seemed to me that she played it out in front of my brother that she wanted to do something completely different and when she went back she smiled at me and left.
And I just don't know what to do, if I should ask her again if she wants to do something. But I'm honestly afraid to ask them and that they will disappear again.
I really need some tips because I've never had a girlfriend or approached a girl before. PS. Sry for my bad English I hope you understand it
submitted by RyukRevenge
to Crushes [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 16:15 jtblack79 Mobilizing to Fort Hood
Got orders last month that my unit is mobilizing to Fort Hood in August. I’ve been in the Reserves for 14 years and this is my first MOB. Any advice?
I’m more concerned with housing. They say I will get a per diem for $96/day or $2,920/month. I know if my rent is less than the full amount I will get the less than amount. Any advice on how to use it?
submitted by jtblack79
to armyreserve [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 16:15 mesa1001 Which private residences/hotels for living a luxury lifestyle in Bangkok
I wanted to move out of my condo to stay in a luxury residence here in Bangkok. Any suggestions regarding the same? There are tons of them here and I wanted to filter out some based on the suggestions.
I was contemplating staying in some Marriott hotels(I have bonvoy gold elite status so will that help)however my budget per month for this 10k USD(for accomodation/rent) and I plan to use it for 7 to 8 months in a year
submitted by mesa1001
to Thailand [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 16:15 STLhistoryBuff Weekly Events Thread 6/5/23 - 6/11/23
Please, feel free to add any events below! Check out the Visitor's Guide
for more things to do around town!
Looking to meet up with people? Check out Meetup St. Louis
Be sure to continue scrolling past the Weekly Events for Trivia Nights, Live Music, Sporting Events, Local Comedy, and more!
- Blues on the Block at National Blues Museum
- Every Saturday until August 5th
- Come on down to the corner of Washington Ave. and 6th Street from 4 to 7 PM. Bring your lawn chair!
- Brentwood Summer Beats
- June 9, 2023
- Join others for an evening of music in Brentwood Park!
- Cardinals HOF Presents Flashback Fridays
- June 9, 2023
- Visit the Cardinals Museum for a candid interview in Sportsman’s Park Theater with 2006 Cardinals World Champion Gary Bennett on Friday, June 9th at 4:00pm.
- Cardinals HOF Presents Saturday Signings
- June 10, 2023
- Saturday, June 10th is Saturday Signings with 2006 Cardinals World Champion Gary Bennett from 10am-12pm in the Cardinals Museum!
- Central West End Cocktail Party
- June 10, 2023
- Mark your calendars for the 7th Annual Central West End Cocktail Party on Saturday June 10, 2023, from 5-10 PM! Enjoy live entertainment, a cocktail competition, and food and drinks available for purchase from CWE bars and restaurants. Grab your friends and family for a fun-filled evening, featuring live music, street performers, fire dancers, roller skaters and more!
- Cherokee Pop Shop
- June 10, 2023
- Join others at the Rita Ford Community Center, where talented artisans will gather to showcase their handmade goods, art, fashion, jewelry and more. This is a perfect opportunity to discover new artists, support local businesses, and connect with the vibrant community of St. Louis. With live music, food & drink trucks, the Cherokee Pop Shop is a must-visit event for anyone who loves creativity, community, and shopping.
- Chess at the Brewery
- Every Wednesday
- Local meetup group of chess players that meet at breweries on Wednesday nights. They rotate locations each week.
- See their Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/chessatthebrewery/) for the location this week.
- Chihuly in the Missouri Botanical Garden
- Running until October 15, 2023
- The work of world-renowned artist Dale Chihuly is coming to the Missouri Botanical Garden in a stunning exhibition uniting art and nature. With thousands of pieces of blown glass forms in 20 dramatic installations throughout the Garden’s grounds, Chihuly in the Garden 2023 presents these artworks on a grand scale
- Circus Flora presents "Undercover"
- June 1 - 25, 2023
- This summer, Circus Flora enters the daring world of espionage! With nods to beloved spy stories throughout the years, Undercover introduces the world’s top double agent who faces an archvillain obsessed with world domination. Our spy has plenty of helpful allies – but the villain has a team, too. Will good overcome bad . . . and how? Aerialists, acrobats, contortionists, and comedians will craft this thrilling story, which will captivate your whole family!
- City Social on Washington Avenue
- June 9, 2023
- City Social, downtown St. Louis’ ultimate summer block party, returns on June 9 from 4 to 9 p.m.
- Free and open to all, the event will take place on Washington Avenue between Tucker Boulevard and 14th Street. This is your chance to kick back, relax and enjoy live music with family, friends, neighbors and coworkers.
- Family Night with Fredbird
- Join others at Cardinals Nation Restaurant & Bar for Family Night with Fredbird on select Wednesday evenings this off-season! Bring your family down for games, prizes, and meet Fredbird from 6:30-7:30pm.
- Ferguson Farmers’ Market
- Every Saturday
- Enjoy live music and special events in a festive family atmosphere, and discover a wide variety of edible delights, including homemade jelly, farm fresh eggs, honey, spices, and meats. You’ll also find an ever-changing array of gift and specialty vendors, selling everything from cut flowers and bedding plants to hand-painted artwork and small-batch soaps.
- If it’s homemade, handmade or fresh and tasty, you can buy it at the Ferguson Farmers’ Market.
- Golf the Galleries at The Sheldon
- June 9, 2023
- Join others for the 6th season of this playable, artist-designed, nine-hole mini golf installation, designed to be inclusive, family friendly and accessible. All proceeds from Golf the Galleries support The Sheldon’s visual arts programming, offering opportunities for local and national artists to share their work with the St. Louis community through free gallery exhibitions and educational programs.
- Juneteeth Celebration in the Delmar Loop
- June 10, 2023
- Expect live art demonstrations, including a community mural painting; animated performances from the Red and Black Brass Band, DJ KP and more; bounce houses, face painting and other activities for the whole family.
- Karaoke Wednesdays at HandleBar
- Karaoke Wednesdays at Mack's Bar & Grill
- Lafayette Square Summer Concert Series
- June 3, 2023
- As part of Lafayette Square’s free summer concert series, Power Play Band will perform in Lafayette Park on June 3. Spanning genres such as jazz, classic rock, R&B, swing, Latin and pop, Power Play does it all! Gather friends and family, pack food and beverages, and don’t miss this lively event.
- Landmarks Downtown Walking Tours
- Every Saturday
- Landmarks Downtown St. Louis Walking Tours: History, Culture, Architecture, and Exercise: What could be better on a Saturday morning?
- Open Mic Night at Schlafly Bottleworks (Maplewood)
- Every Wednesday
- Join others every Wednesday evening and showcase your talents with our Open Mic Night! Open sign up begins at 6:30PM with music starting at 7:00PM. They welcome original material, covers and spoken word! Grab a beer, then play and listen every Wednesday! There are no cover charges and no drink minimums to attend.
- Picnic in your Park at the Arch
- June 11, 2023
- Join others at the third annual Picnic in Your Park. Picnic in Your Park raises awareness and critical funds for their mission of park conservation, preservation, education and community programs.
- Rockin' the Riverfront at the Arch
- Every Friday & Saturday
- Gateway Arch Park Foundation presents a new series, Rockin' the Riverfront, to bring fun, summer-long, family-friendly entertainment along the St. Louis’ Riverfront to enhance your trip down to the Arch, riverboats and surrounding parks!
- Sensory-Friendly Family Night at the Missouri Botanical Garden
- June 5, 2023
- Explore, discover and experience the beauty of the Missouri Botanical Garden at this family-friendly event, which allows children and adults with sensory-processing needs to experience the attraction in a secure environment.
- Attendees will be able to participate in hands-on activities, play in the Children’s Garden and explore the indoor Brookings Exploration Center, which features a calming corner.
- Musical guest Low Rent District will perform during the event, and Different Dynamics will join for interactive music activities.
- Shakespeare in the Park: Twelfth Night
- May 31 - June 25, 2023
- Often regarded as William Shakespeare’s greatest comedy, Twelfth Night is bursting with romance, music and high times.
- Shakespeare in the Park is free to attend; no reservations are required. Just show up with your blankets, chairs and picnics and find a spot on the lawn. Shakespeare Glen opens at 6:30. Food by Steve’s Hot Dogs is available for purchase, and drinks by STL Barkeep.
- Soccer Pre-Match Street Party at Schlafly Tap Room
- June 10, 2023
- Join others before every City SC home match for a Street Party with the St. Louligans Soccer Supporters Group. They will block off the street next to the Tap Room (now known as Louligan Street) so fans can enjoy good beer, great food, music and fun before they march over to the stadium together.
- Soulard Farmer's Market
- Wednesdays - Saturdays
- Soulard Farmers Market is located at 730 Carroll Street in St. Louis, Missouri, a half mile north of the Anheuser-Busch Brewery. The market is open Wednesday through Saturday, year round. They feature locally grown and shipped in goods, including: produce, meats, cheeses, spices, gourmet kettle corn, flowers, baked goods, and general merchandise. There are also several different eateries that have many food options, which allows customers the convenience to grab a quick bite to eat and a drink while shopping.
- St. Louis Soap Box Derby
- June 11, 2023
- The All-American Soap Box Derby is a youth racing program, which has run nationally since 1934. Hosted by the St. Louis Jaycees, the regional St. Louis race has been held each June on The Hill for more than 15 years.
- Summer Beer & Food Pairing at the Biergarten
- June 9, 2023
- This beer and food pairing at the Anheuser-Busch Biergarten will get you ready for summer.
- The meal begins with pineapple-chicken kebabs paired with Beach Bum, a combination of Kona Big Wave Golden Ale and Mango Cart, and a summer solstice salad accompanied by Stella Artois Solstice Lager. The entrée will be Spanish paella paired with Cutwater Lime Margarita, followed by a dreamsicle float for dessert and a NÜTRL Orange Hard Seltzer to wash it down.
- Sunrise Yoga at Kiener Plaza
- Every Tuesday
- Awaken your body and bask in the morning sunlight! This gentle yoga practice is designed to energize and align your body and mind through movement and breath. Bring your own mat/towel and water bottle.
- Thursday Nights at the Museum
- Every Thursday
- Kick off your weekend at the Missouri History Museum in Forest Park! Each Thursday Night at the Museum will be the most fun, engaging, uplifting, thought-provoking, perspective-shaping night of your week. And there are drinks.
- Join others starting at 5:30pm for happy hour and pop-up activities, such as brief tours, games, and performances. The main stage comes to life at 6:30pm, light appetizers and drinks are available for purchase until 7:00pm, and the Museum’s exhibits are open until 8:00pm for you to explore!
- Tower Grove Farmer's Market
- Every Tuesday & Saturday
- Join others every Saturday of the 2023 Tower Grove Farmers Market Season. They'll have over 100 vendors with local produce, meat, flowers, eggs, honey, prepared foods, art, jewelry, live music, and so much more.
- Twangfest at Off Broadway
- June 7 - 10, 2023
- Twangfest, a nonprofit grassroots music festival presented by Urban Chestnut Brewing Co., returns to St. Louis from June 7 to 10.
- Held at Off Broadway, Twangfest will feature the best in live Americana, country, folk, pop, rock and soul. This year’s lineup includes Black Joe Lewis, James McMurtry, Nadine, The Waco Brothers and more.
- Whitaker Music Festival
- Every Wednesday until August 2nd
- The Missouri Botanical Garden is an idyllic place to listen to live music. On Wednesday evenings throughout the summer, the garden hosts free, open-air concerts as part of the annual Whitaker Music Festival.
|Recurring Outdoor Activities || |
|Big Muddy Adventures – STL Riverfront Adventure ||Big Muddy Adventures was established in 2002. They are the first professional outfitteguiding company providing access to the wild wonders of the Middle Mississippi and Lower Missouri Rivers. |
|Gateway Arch Events ||There are a variety of things to do along the Mississippi River. |
|Hidden Valley Ski Resort ||Ziplining, scenic chairlift rides, and hiking trails opened during the summer. Skiing, snowboarding during the winter. |
submitted by STLhistoryBuff
to StLouis [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 16:14 Seamoose_Art NoP 2177: Ashes to Ashes 
Credit for the original story goes to u/spacepaladin15
--- Memory transcript subject:
Tressa, Venlil civilian Date [Standardized Human Time]:
February 30th, 2177 Location:
Lower sprawl of City 23, Venlil Prime
If they were spotted, there was little anyone could do to save them. Tressa’s pistol could maybe pick off one exterminator before the rest rushed them down, if his aim was solid and he didn’t fumble the shot entirely. With their current luck, the chances of his final stand making even the slightest difference was slim to none.
What they needed more than anything was stealth, tact. Slip in silently, act decisively, rush out with Beast before anyone could take notice. So when James managed to sprawl out on the sidewalk over a miniscule crack in the concrete and let out a cry of pain that drew the attention of all 3 or 4 other people on the street, Tressa knew they were truly already dead.
He decided not to voice this grim conviction as he helped his human compatriot to his feet. However, James’ slight limp when he got back to walking didn’t exactly lift his spirits. At a time like this, a sprained ankle was effectively a death sentence. If they got caught (when
they got caught, at this rate), James wouldn’t be able to run. He alone was now condemned to an agonizing, slow death by immolation that the exterminators relished so dearly.
He’d stick by him, Tressa decided then and there, defending him pistol and claw until the last moment they fell together. As far as dying alongside each other went, burning was... well, it was far from romantic, but he’d take what he could get. Anything would be better than capture.
He’d seen what they did to the ones they didn’t just incinerate on the spot… The thought of James being tortured into one of their empty-eyed puppets, little more than a pet with the shock collar to match, filled his every step with furious determination. If he shot back, they’d be forced to try and kill both of them. It would be a mercy.
His bleak thoughts were silenced by a cloud of dust as Sasha carefully kicked in a dilapidated door. They’d snuck through another war-torn abandoned building, this one an apartment complex, to get a good look at the Tipped Quill before simply rushing Beast. From here, they could form something more resembling a plan of action.
Grabbing a pawful of coat fabric, Tressa wiped grime from the miraculously unbroken window to get a clearer view. He took a look through, and wiped harder. Then wiped his eyes with his other paw for good measure. The sight before him didn’t change.
A patrol vehicle sat outside the building, lights flashing and cabin empty. The cycling orange and yellow illuminated the rest of the scene, casting sharp shadows and harsh spotlights on the bare concrete. From his vantage point, Tressa could see the whole street lit in a garish blood-orange glow. It was empty. Not a single exterminator lay outside.
It had to be a trick of the light. Or a trick of the mind. Or perhaps they were already in the burned-out apartment, having spotted the group and lying in wait for the most dramatic moment to strike. He braced for impact. A rapid clicking noise behind him; he nearly drew his pistol before realizing the sound was familiar. It was nothing more than the sound of a keyboard.
While the rest of their group was pressed up against the cleared spot of the window to try and get a look outside, Trish was frantically typing something on her pad. Eyes widening enough to see their whites, she lashed her tail against the crumbling floor tiles to get their attention as she turned her pad around for them to see.
It was a video of the Tipped Quill. Live camera footage; Trish briefly wondered how she’d gotten access. Only briefly, though; the reality of what he was seeing chilled him to the core as soon as it registered, his brief spark of curiosity replaced with a dull, lifeless horror.
Stalking the bar were five figures clad in black combat armor, kinetic weaponry in hand. Exterminator emblems on their backs. One of them, a Venlil, walked up to a crumpled spiky fig…
Burai. One of them walked up to Burai, and just stared. Blue blood pooled beneath its boots, and it kneeled down to get a better look before getting up and walking away, leaving indigo footprints across the once-cleaned floor and flicking its tail in satisfaction. Tressa felt bile rise in his throat, and had to step away before he ruined the pad.
Sasha looked a second away from throwing up herself. Trish was seemingly too shocked to even react, simply staring at the pad blankly. James, however, had a gleam in his eyes. Not just tears (although those sparkled in the dim light of the pad as well) but intelligence. The beginnings of a plan were forming in his mind. He moved back to the window, and Tressa followed his motion as he began to mutter, apparently thinking aloud to himself.
"Those… those aren’t flame suits, are they?”
“It’s combat armor. If I tried to shoot them, I’d have trouble taking down a single one.”
“No, no, that’s not what I’m getting at— you think they keep those firebombs in their vehicle?
“I doubt they— Wait. You don’t mean… You think that could work?”
“It’d be fitting
if nothing else. Yeah, if we can seal the front door… just need to get Beast out of there quickly before she gets seared as well.”
Sasha stepped over. “What are you two… no. That can’t be your plan. Do you really think they’ll just sit and wait? They can probably just shoot out the door, no matter what you try to block it with. And that’s assuming they haven’t already discovered the Den… although, even using the fire escape would buy us enough time to take Beast…”
“Will one of you tell me what you’re all muttering about over there?”
James wheeled around to face Trish, a cruel smile starting to break across his face. “We’re thinking the Tipped Quill could use a bit of a makeover. The standard exterminator fare, but this time…” His smile widened as he paused for dramatic effect, the spirit of Burai apparently possessing him for an instant. “...This time, they’ll get to enjoy the flames firsthand.”
“...You want to burn it down to kill them. That’s what you’re suggesting?”
Yeah, when she put it that bluntly, it did sound like a pretty dumb plan. They were exterminators; of course they’d know how to deal with fire. Maybe they’d be better off trying to use the patrol vehicle as a—
“I can keep their attention for a moment with the speaker system, when the time comes. Just give me the word.”
There weren’t any firebombs in the trunk. Or regular bombs, or even so much as a lighter. There was a storage case for the flamethrowers, but it was predictably empty. Tressa nearly slammed it closed in frustration before remembering their need for stealth.
“Nothing in this box either.” whispered James. “Do they just have their equipment on them at all times? Shouldn’t they at least keep spares somewhere?”
“If they did, we should have found them by now.” Tressa finished rummaging through a secret compartment under a cushion; they packed extra water, ammo, cuffs, even some medications. Everything except for a goddamned lighter. His tail lashed with such frustration that James understood instantly. He leaned out the door to talk to Trish, who was still keeping an eye on cams in case the exterminators found the Den or started approaching the front door.
“Trish, you think you can start some sort of electrical fire? There’s that panel on the wall right behind all the high-proof drinks; a strong spark’d be all you need.”
“Not a chance. The circuit breaker would stop me from doing anything remotely. And besides, those bottles are sealed. The alcohol won’t burn unless they’re broken. Maybe you could throw something at it? Something metal that could cause a short?”
And just… hope I don’t miss entirely, and hope it hits the right spot to cause a spark, and hope I can get out in time?”
“Then by all means, keep looking in there for a lighter. I don’t see any other…”
Trish halted mid-sentence. Her eyes went wide, darting between Tressa and the bar several times before she managed to make a noise. It was hard to call speech exactly, and while there were words mixed in, it held no meaning that the rest of them could discern. It took multiple failed attempts to string together a coherent sentence before she finally forced herself to stop and breathe. After several suspenseful moments spent gathering composure, she finally managed to find the words.
“Tressa, you brought your pistol, right? Do you think… would the panel spark enough if you shot it?”
Some part of his mind was vaguely aware of the herd at his back, nervously awaiting his move. Of the cold wind biting at his ears. Of the soft orange lighting, or the chatter he could just barely make out from inside the building, or the frigid door handle. But that part was very small. As far as his conscious mind was concerned, only two things existed. The gun in his hands, and the panel on the far wall. He could already imagine it, even though he was on the other side of the door. He lined up the shot in his head. His grips on the handles in both of his paws tightened.
“Make some noise for them… now!
Trish clicked something on her pad, and flattened her ears before covering them with a free paw.
The speakers blared a harsh static tone, covering the sound of the door slipping open as Tressa peaked in just enough to take his shot. The exterminators were looking elsewhere, attention captivated by a flickering screen and sensed dulled by the cacophony around them. Despite their ample peripheral vision, none of them noticed as Tressa took aim.
The gun in his hands, and the panel on the far wall. Lower right side was where the cluster of capacitors he needed to hit would be, and that shot would strip right through a bottle of high-proof lureroot gin, the one Burai was always fond of. He forced his paw to stop shaking, twisted his head to get his eye aligned with the sights, and found his mark.
The trigger depressed with a satisfying click, followed instantly by the harsh kick and savage warcry as his shot rang out.
Tressa rushed to close the heavy wooden door, but out of the corner of his eye he saw the pandemonium he was leaving behind. A violent blue spark gave way to a grand jet of flame as the alcohol ignited. The exterminators wheeled around, apparently not noticing him in the slightest due to the sudden presence of a fire they hadn’t started. One of them started to back up, tail pressed against the ground in panic.
That was all Tressa was able to catch before he got the door closed. Even with his ears buzzing from the shot, he could hear the click
of the lock automatically re-engaging. He dove backwards, letting himself fly head over heels for a pawful of meters before righting himself and taking aim at the doorframe with bated breath.
From the other side of the door, he heard a roar of flame. An agonized cry. He steeled himself, preparing for the door to fall away and the wrath of a pissed-off extermination crew to fall upon them like a thunderbolt. His aim was steady, head-level. He held his breath, ready to shoot anyone who made it out.
The sound of fire and the sounds of pain intermingled, one single furious, horrified roar of agony and hatred. There was a noise like a jet taking off. There was a shriek of pain in many voices. The door shook from the impact of a shockwave inside, then jittered violently from the impact of several bodies, fists and claws and boots all trying to break it down. A desperate wave of flesh and fur, slamming against the frame with less strength each time.
There was a noise like pleading, although it could have been the wind.
A few shots rang out from the inside of the bar, a couple piercing through the door. The bullet holes leaked with blood. One final, solitary howl of torture barely distinguished itself from the blaze for a few more seconds before choking out with a final gunshot.
Then, it was just the hushed crackling of flame.
submitted by Seamoose_Art
to NatureofPredators [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 16:14 Rude_Macaron2021 Men usually don't care about how much a woman earns, but men should care about how high her debt is
Men have a wide range of preferences. As long as she is what the man wants, there is no problem. Even if women lose some attrativeness or options by age or weight, most women still have way more options than most men, so any woman that cannot get a man is up to her high standards.
Men can marry a CEO woman or a McDonald worker, as long as she is attractive enough for him and she wants to date him back. Sure, some men would never date a woman who works on X or has Y bodycount, but there are always some men who will. Men have wider ranges of taste than women, so men have more options to pick, but women don't necessarily pick them back. The bottle-neck are what women choose, which makes sense because the implications of pregnancy and such... it makes sense for women to be picky! It would be unfair to judge women for that, which makes perfect sense.
Men also have no problem paying and caring for the woman they love as long as she lives with him and loves him back.
However, men shall be very carefull with the increasingly high number of women who have huge amoung of debt after studying stuff that is useless in the current job market. Men may end up paying the debt of their girlfriend or wife, and later the relationship breaks and the man finds himself rugged. The opposite is almost never true: Women will pay for the guy's debt and women are very classist, so they rarely mary a poorer guy than them, which means the guy ends up paying his own debt almost every time anyway.
Even if the man does not directly paid for her debt, she may use her debt as an excuse to not paying her fair share on rent or house downpayment. So indirectly the debt is being paid by the man. That is money that could have been used for his retirement, his children, his house, etc.
I'm not saying women are always intentionally scamming men to pay their debt, but rather the fact men have more to lose in most arrangements where one part has thousands on debt.
TLDR: Men shall consider the women's debt before establishing a committed relationship, because in most cases he will end up directly or indirectly paying for it. Women are wiser on this and they almost never pay for the guy's debt.
submitted by Rude_Macaron2021
to PurplePillDebate [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 16:14 jdkewl Ex moving girlfriend of ~3 months in with him and the kids, 2 months post-separation
My ex and I recently separated about 2 months ago. The relationship was over for much longer than that, but I stuck it out as he was in and out of jobs, and then my mother died, so divorce was on the back burner for a bit. Anyway, my point is that I am simply delighted to no longer be the recipient of multi-paragraph emails, criticism, and beratement.
That being said, my kids informed me that the new girlfriend is moving in with them. Here are my feelings:
- The kids (7 and 4) are still dealing with the transition to two households/custody schedule (50/50).
- If the relationship fizzles, that's another transition and person in and out of the kids' lives. They're still grieving their grandmother.
- He discussed this possible change before it could become official, with our highly anxious 7-year-old. He expressed nervousness about having a new person live with them: "it's weird." Not kind words, but-- he's 7!
- Ex hasn't mentioned a word of this to me.
What can I even do? I'm so anxious that he never seems to put the kids' best interests first. I know that he recently quit his job (again), and it seems like his solution is to just split rent with this person instead of better managing his life. UGH!!! WHY ARE MEN.
submitted by jdkewl
to breakingmom [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 16:14 Sheep55599 I was told a certain amount
I was told in the apartment office that the final amount I owe the apartment complex is $1851 with the exception of water bill. Which was estimated. Rent is usually 891. They were transferring of ownership that day so I had to use cashier check which I have receipts of.
Now I get an email for past due rent.
What will they do? Will they take me to court or what? Will my credit be ruined?
I don’t have the money for any more they told I’m person in office that’s all I owed so I based my decision on buying out or trying to find someone over that amount.
submitted by Sheep55599
to PropertyManagement [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 16:14 EldestSaporta95 Siargao for a month- tipid tips plz
ayun so I was in Siargao for 5 days nung May tapos plano ko bumalik next year pa. Buuut because of a recent heartbreak and need to escape my problems, nagbook ako ng flight for August tas one month LOL. Plano ko talaga to meet people organically while working din remotely. Any tipid tips for accommodations and food? I’ve never lived alone so medyo scary but exciting wahaha.
Also, enough na ba kaya yung 50kish for accommodations plus food if plano ko lang naman mag hostel with the occasional weekly homestay? May mga nakita kase akong for rent na 3.5k for a week tas 1 month 10k lang. But I wanna meet people kaya di ako makacommit sa one month in one place hahaha.
P.S. di ako magrerent ng motor kase bawala talaga ako for life. E-bike pwede pa or legit bike 😅
submitted by EldestSaporta95
to phtravel [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 16:14 franklytanked Is it normal to cry at the thought of moving to a different city for a job?
Last Friday I was offered a role that's professionally a level up - in terms of job description, pay, and brand name of the company. They'd cover relocation, and benefits aren't stunning but they're decent.
But it involves moving away from where I've lived my whole life (30 years) – including my parents and my sister, whom I adore to bits. I see them everyday and the possibility of losing that has made me really emotional – I've cried everyday thinking about it! There's the added cost of being a $400 plane ticket away from them if there's any medical scare or urgent need to meet my parents, who aren't getting younger.
And I'd be starting from scratch – it's a new company, compared to a company I've worked up in and where I know I'm respected and liked. I don't know anyone there socially. It's a new city, and because I have two days to accept the offer, I'd be accepting it sight unseen, without knowing if I'd like or be able to live there happily.
Cost of living would be about the same, though rent would be a bit higher. Main gains for me would be professional, plus I do think it's time to grow a spine and get more independent. I think I'm being illogical about it, but if the choice is making me cry this much, is it even worth it? Are the professional benefits even worth it?
Am I being silly? I know I'm intensely lucky to love my life and family so much that this is even a problem. Has anyone else ever faced a similar situation?
submitted by franklytanked
to careerguidance [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 16:13 Affectionate-Hair269 Dirtbag almost ex husband
Is it just me or does this sound absolutely messed up? Tiny background first. My husband and I were together a long time. He cheated, he got into drugs, he stole, he was in and out if jail. I kept trying to stick by him, believed the excuses of why things happened and etc but finally had enough when he cared more about being basically a millionaire in prison and still using drugs then the kids and I. Last time he was in prison we basically split, even tho he refused to let that happen. He insisted we were still together and me ignoring him was just me being an awful person and abandoning him caring more about money. Yeah I went to work, school and only cared about what our kids needed and not giving him more money. Come to find out her was still seeing another girl and she was also giving him thousands too. So yeah done, ignored, cut off/out. He got out and I wouldn't let him parole to my house we are done, he moved in w the girl he'd been seeing the whole time and using for money. She got drunk and he did often and using drugs so they would get into dumbest fights. Eventually he tells parole he had to move out that she's "abusing him" (really she just wouldn't take the narcissistic, cheating type behavior). Parole gets him into a boarding house, has him go to social services. They pay his rent to live in the boarding house and food and etc. Which when people need help they need help but a single guy, not having to care for kids, feed kids, get a sitter etc and he has ruined 2 jobs already within a couple months. So he's not working or doing anything at all. Just chilling while I work, go to school, care for the kids and end up losing hours trying to figure out sitters and help and the kids can't go to his house he lives in 1 room in a place for parolees. So no help with that to work, but he also doesn't work. Ok so now I do get help w some stuff from social services and a while back I had issues w covid stuff and lost work and they helped pay my rent for a couple months so we weren't evicted. Social services takes him to court to help pay the county some money for the help they gave me while he sat at home and never helps w his kids. He gets pissed. Freaks out starts telling me he won't pay me support if he can't talk to his kids. This man only called a few times for weeks and only while the kids were in school so wtf is he saying?! He has never been denied seeing or talking to them just denied talking and hanging out w me. The kids have had multiple weekends and sleepovers and days w him. Now that he's in the boarding house he hasn't though. I tell him all this its not me I don't get the money the county does. He keeps freaking out and saying the same things even tho I haven't denied him the kids or get any of the money. The very next day after court tells him to get a job cause he is gonna pay a specific amount back for the few months of time I got help for our kids to have a home, he goes to court and files for spousal support. He tells us that dss in his county is making him. That because they are paying his rent they are taking me for support. Now I'm not bitching about the county possibly having a policy to do this, knowing the judge will probably dismiss or zero dollar the case. Its more he says it was them when he went to social services at the beginning of the month but then the support papers filed are all in his handwriting and filed weeks later dropped off by him. When social services makes you they do the paper work. Now I want to divorce him but he knows I can't afford a lawyer to work out custody/visitation and divorce stuff. I probably need one now to get through this and not have to pay my last barely 10 dollars a month I have because of bills, and the kids and school and be done w him. What I really don't understand either is when I go to social services they also have a job aspect like you have to have one and if you don't they make you do things that will get you one or disability if thats what you qualify for. They aren't doing that for him. Hes just chilling, sleeping in, hanging out using the money they give him and harassing me. One minute its trying to get me back next is yelling cause I won't or I ignore him, next minute hes with her which please friend keep him busier so he leaves me alone. I want an attorney so I can get the judge to see this shit without me just popping off at court and looking crazy. I want one to help me be done w his ass. Hes doing this to control me still. All the abusive shit I went through in our lives together but because he didn't hit me or leaves marks enough to be at a hospital no one cares cause there are no medical reports. Narcissistic/emotional/financial abuse for years. Control over me even in jail for years for how much he fucked me up I finally get through that, get counseling, get my life and my kids life together as best I can and working for better in the future with a degree and career to make more ro provide better for the kids and county offices are basically helping him push it even further. I ignore instead of address shit with him, I stay out of all the drama and don't try to look like a crazy lady cause I know all that would do is have people or courts believe him when he pushes the she's a crazy ex agenda like so many people do in these divorce situations. I'm not even sure why I'm posting this, I'm not even sure I'm actually asking for advice or for anyone to help there isn't much anyone can do for me or say I know what to do I don't have any funds to do that anyways. Ugh idk isn't this not right or am I being sensitive and this is normal ? I hate this shit for real. I don't even talk shit in front of my kids because they don't need to be in this i don't need them thinking bad things and now I'm said to be vindictive and pressuring the kids to be on my side or some shit. Smh
submitted by Affectionate-Hair269
to FamilyIssues [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 16:13 yasht18 Looking for accommodation in Sector 44
Hello guys! I have to move to Gurgaon next month. My office is in Sector 44. Can anyone help me get accommodation near Sector 44? How high is the rent there? What's the best way to look for rooms?
submitted by yasht18
to gurgaon [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 16:13 BadManUnderground Run Business Out of Van
This is just a thought. But I figured I’d share it with anyone who might find this useful
If you’re a barber or willing to become a barber, you could buy a large van or RV, setup a “barber shop” with a mat to catch hair, counter, mirror, barber chair, and all accessories to cut and clean.
You could rent a spot in a plaza from the property owner or do a revenue split. Setup shop there during your business hours.
Minus the van, A friend of mine did this with bootleg DVDs and he gave the property owner a rev split. He was a single father so it allowed him to make money while having his kid with him. Obviously your business is going to be legal.
You could create a list of high paying clients and offer them the convenience of you going to their location for a haircut, which obviously costs a convenience fee/higher rate. And eventually have enough clients to where you don’t need to setup shop in a plaza and you can make all your money traveling to your clients.
This could also be done with an enclosed trailer, and you tow it everywhere. That may even be a more convenient way to separate work from home.
submitted by BadManUnderground
to vandwellers [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 16:12 MorbillionTickets I can't-I just-I'm don- this post is genuinely making me laugh and lose braincells at the same time
2023.06.05 16:12 Centumviri Making Treasure Matter! Part 1 aka The Ale Standard (Updated for 2023)
Since the dawn of D&D players have chased treasure. Coins, Trinkets, Gems, Jewelry, and Items of Power. Rarely do we do so with any form of realism. Metals are extremely heavy, and any realistic thought of carrying around tens of thousands of valuable metal coins is not only absurd but functionally impossible. Ever try and pick up a large change jar, like the kind you granny kept? Full Plate Armor weighs almost nothing compared to that sucker. But here is the thing… we don’t care. And we don’t care because it is fun to have 10k in gold coins jingling around in our pockets! I don’t know if we will ever do away with the nuttyness of carrying all those coins, but I do think we can do something about their value.
If you’re of the persuasion that the original D&D brand of cp, sp, ep, gp, and pp is the way you wanna go, and tracking all that is fun for you and your party then by all means keep on keeping on. Nothing wrong with that! But I am about to suggest a little something I call the Ale Standard. A method of tracking and using a modified standard currency, because I got a suspicion that a lot of us out there just don’t like dealing with the minutia of all those coins and conversions. We would also really like wealth to continue to matter, and in most cases matter more. I’ve noticed a trend toward “items” and a lot more hand waving when it comes to money. Which is just fine, but I, and maybe you, want to run games where every coin matters!
So let’s start with values. Assuming a metal rarity in your D&D world that is similar to our own… How much is a gold coin actually worth? Most of us in our minds picture a pirate movie-esq doubloon sized gold coin. Which is pretty huge if you think about it. And for the most part fictional. Actual gold coins were much much smaller. I’m going to warn you, parts of this train are pretty mathy. Hopefully you’ll ride it out, as after 40 years of D&D I think it is well worth it.
A U.S. dime. A coin worth 10% of a dollar weighs 2.268 grams. As of 2023 Gold sells for a little over $60 a gram depending on purity (US dollars). We will stick to $60 for simplicity. Gold has retained a pretty consistent value throughout human history. $60 can buy you some jeans and a shirt today and generally speaking that same amount could buy an equal value outfit when Jesus was kicking it in the middle east 2000 years ago. That’s why Gold was used as an economic standard for a long time.
(Well… we used to. Not saying the Gold Standard was perfect, but now we just make up numbers based on what we guess something might possibly be worth if it were to be a tangible item we could actually sell, all while just adding more numbers to our imaginary digitally created values… … … anyway… It’s sad, but D&D’s economy might actually make more sense, and I don’t think it makes any sense at all. But that's just an aside, and one some folks will probably disagree with.)
ANYWAY, no economic system is perfect, but we can tr and get a little closer in our Fantasy Games. A gold coin the weight of a dime would be worth about $150 dollars. An actual Spanish Doubloon weighed about 7 grams and was a little less than an inch wide (Varied depending on the time period). Making a standard gold coin worth $420. The price of a cheap, but not bottom of the barrel, flatscreen TV in 2023. How many times in our games do we as DM’s simply say for some drinks at the tavern or for an apple from a street vendor “1 Gold” to cover the costs. The ratio realistically doesn’t work. You could hand wave and say that Gold isn’t as rare in your world, well sure, but if a Gp covers an apple what the hell are people making Copper Coins for? And how then is anything made of Gold valuable at all? It just doesn’t track! And I really want treasure to matter in my world, and if an Apple is worth a Gp, or, you know, $420, gold doesn’t matter at all. Player: Would you like an apple? Player: Why Yes I would! Merchant: That will be one TV. Player: No Problem! I happen to have 750 TVs right here!
See how lame that is?!
Which brings me to the point of all this. Once the cost of items drifts into Gp territory in D&D, the economy completely falls apart. The PHB says Modest living is worth 1gp a day, you know $420 for a day’s expenses… over $50 an hour! That’s more than many people make in a week. Comfortable living (middle class) is twice that! So let’s put this back on track, and I suggest you do so by switching to a basic currency type. Call it whatever you want! It can be Crowns, Dollars, Coins, Gil, Rupees, Pinches of Salt, or whatever you wanna call it because the name becomes part of the flavor of your world.
The next thing you want to do is take one unit of that currency and equal it to a commonly bought item that costs 1 Unit of your currency. In my world that is the Ale Standard. The average Ale at any given tavern across the world costs 1 Coin. So when pricing things I ask myself how many Ales is this worth? And then I build off of that, creating other value benchmarks I can reference along the way, and very often using real world pricing to reflect the Coin cost.
Best of all it is not hard to track! Most people understand and are skilled enough with basic currency values, and so operating this way just makes sense to them. That aforementioned apple now costs a Quarter Coin… you know $0.25. Your player, who is about to begin tracking their wealth the way we track modern money, knows exactly how to take a quarter off their total. No more dealing with conversion tables for different coinages.
Say you go out to eat at an average restaurant. You get a drink (Ale). That drink typically costs about 205% of a single mid-priced meal. So an Ale is one Coin and a meal is 4 Coins. Total package 5 Coins. That is $4 for a drink and $16 for a meal so $20. A mid-level hotel stay is about $120 (30 Coins). A day’s wages for a poor lifestyle is 2sp according to the PHB. Which 20% of a gp, which according to our math above is about $120 a day or… $15 an hour… or 30 Coins. Which tracks for a poor but not squalid lifestyle. Stuff like that! And now that we’ve figured out a day’s wages we can easily calculate almost any value in our world simply by multiplying it by 30 Coins.
“But Mike” you cry “This does not sound simpler.”
Not up front. No. No, it does not. But after just a few conversions it will start to feel natural and just hang on… Imabout to blow your mind.
Once your “Coin” value is set and you have a good working knowledge of your base currency you can begin to quickly set reward values and costs in the D&D World that are often nebulous to us. As I said before, the pricing in the PHB doesn’t track well once they move into the Gp territory. A longsword in D&D would cost a ridiculous amount if Gp is translated accurately on the gold scale. But now we’re able to fix that, quickly. We’ve already determined a poor day’s wages above was 2sp (30 Coins), that means a D&D Gp should be worth 150 Coins. But according to the PHB a longsword is 15gp. Or 75 days worth of labor. Or you know… $9000. Which is BONKERS! And don’t even get me started on the cost of Full Plate Armor! A standard Iron Longsword, nothing fancy, probably took a couple days to make. So paying a laborer 30 Coins a day for two days is 60 Coins, plus say another 15 Coins for materials putting it at $350, Which, according to the internet, is completely in the ballpark for a “middling quality” hand forged weapon even by today’s standards.
This quickly translates to everything that happens in the world around you. You can begin to take a day’s wages and real world pricing and reduce it down to coins VERY quickly. Need a cart ride to the next town? 30 coins for the day’s work. Want a few hours worth of errands run? 15 Coins! Want a fence built over the next two days? 60 Coins. Sure it was easy to just say a Gp. But imagine paying someone $450 just to water your horse. That is insane, but we do it in our games all the time!
Looking for a skilled or expert laborer, double up the cost of the day’s wage! For example, building a simple one room house (Think Log Shed)? 5 skilled laborers at 60 Coins a day for 5 days would be 1500 Coins ($6000 for those not doing the math. Guess how much a 20x20 Aamish built shed costs?) Add land and furnishing costs and the total comes in at about, oh lets say, 10,000 coins or $40,000! Which feels about right for a tiny piece of land with a small furnished building on it. I mean compare that to a Basic Guildhall which has a listed cost in the DMG of 5000gp or you know almost $3,000,000… A cost that could be used to realistically build 65 20x20 buildings. You could build a good sized village for that cost if we’re talking sensible pricing.
Shifting gears back to selling stuff off, it is also now very easy for the players to reasonably counter-offer if they go after a deal… which we all know they love to do. And to have stuff ordered and crafted for them! Now when they do these things, you can make up prices that feel real and connective on the fly without needing to consult the PHB or DMG. How much does a healing potion cost? (PHB says $21,000) Pfffft…. You just quickly guess at and add some things like 10 Days of work, Highly Skilled Labor (say 100 Coins a day), and Expensive Materials (500 Coins). Voilà, your potion costs 1500 Coins. Or realistically, just over 3gp. Still pricy to early level adventurers but also still within reach!
I use the Ale Standard because it is close to realistic pricing, but still simple enough to multiply quickly. But if that is still a little too mathy for you, just jump a day’s wages being 25 or 50 coins. Multiplication by quarters and halves is a lot faster for those of us who don’t like math. It isn’t quite as on the money as realistic pricing as 30 coins, but it is still way better than $900,000 Full Plate Armor… or you know 2143 TVs.
I know this is a huge departure from the PHB economy, and that can be a little hard to get your head around. But I encourage you to do it! I think you’ll be surprised at how easy it is once you get going and best of all, you now just turned your “How much does that cost?” “One Gold” “How much does that cost?” “One Gold” “How much does that cost?” “One Gold” shopping sprees into something that actually reflects costs and makes money matter again. It becomes easy to charge them for things like tailoring and blacksmithing in a way that feels real and most importantly fun. Because let’s face it, when everything costs a gold, it becomes a lot less fun to spend a gold.
“But so what? We’ve done these extra hurdles, and for what? I could still do all this and use the coins listed in the Rule Books!”
Well, hang with me till next week when I show you the most wonderful effect doing this causes. How switching to Coins makes treasure matter more than it has since it was tied to Experience Points!
WHO WE ARE & WHAT WE DO
My son and I are armchair content creators who donate our work to the hobby at large. We host our material on an absolutely free Patreon which runs like a D&D Magazine, posting mostly Maps and Full Adventures. I dabble into other areas like stories, and thoughts on the game. We use any donations to fund an afterschool TTRPG Club and of course our own hobbies and pizza. If you would like to make some requests or support the work you can check us out at AMPLUS ORDO GAMES https://www.patreon.com/amplusordogames FOLLOW US
submitted by Centumviri
to DMAcademy [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 16:12 tohelpyes Should my wife and i get a Shiba
My wife and I are considering getting a Shiba. We have researched as much as we could, watched youtube videos, read articles, reddit, etc. But we still have a couple of questions you all might be able to help us with.
Some context on our situation. We live in a country which is warm all year round. My wife is out for work all day three days a week. I go to the office a couple of days a week (there might be some overlap when we are both out). We live in an apartment that is medium sized. So our questions are the following:
- Are Shibas aggressive? I have read they can be aggressive with dogs and people, is this true? Id like to be able to have guest for dinner without our dog biting them.
- How does the shedding season work. We read they shed twice a year, does that mean that its only two weeks a year or is it two months. Should i just brush it for the duration of the shedding.
- How destructive are they. If both my wife and I are out for work, will our Shiba bite our sofa, rug, etc?
- Can Shibas be trained?
Thank you in advance for any answers!
submitted by tohelpyes
to shiba [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 16:12 HiFive2Me I was generously sharing food with my roommates and now I stopped doing it
My roommates are a couple. The couple’s wife and I are employed. My room is one of 3 rooms but my rent is only 1/5 of the total rent because my room (and the entire place) is occupied with many of their items. I pay 1/3 utilities. The couple’s wife is a breadwinner. Her wage is not high but she will get a good pension after retirement. Their life style is very frugal.
I care about eating so I get fresh groceries every 3-4 days, and spend a lot on food. I finished up everything before a new grocery. They eat without plan and stock up food in the refrigerator and their room.
I was generous about sharing my food. It was not a big deal because I would cook anyway. I offered 2-3 times a week. My offerings varied from meals to light snacks/tastings. They were extremely delighted about my sharing. They offered me that I could use any materials in the kitchen but I didn’t use them. A couple times they specifically offered me the dishes they had prepared for themselves but I didn’t take it due to the low quality.
I had these incidents.
- They had guests sleep over at our living room. They put a lot of chocolates (the wife loves chocolates) on the tea table to treat their guests on the last day. I expected they would offer me some chocolates after the guests were gone. They didn’t. They instantly (I didn’t see them doing it) stocked those chocolates up in their room.
- I found two nice chocolate cookies wrapped in a paper bag on the living room table. Those looked yummy and high quality. They sit there 3-4 days. As I also put fancy snacks there, those cookies were gone the next day. And on the following day, my snacks were also gone. The husband ate them. He said that he thought that I offered them because I put them in the public place. Later, the husband apologized about having eaten my snacks. After this, we all agreed that food on the living room table are for share. They put a very cheap tray of small cupcakes (like 12 for $3) on the table and offered me.
- The husband showed me a small cookie jar and said that they had bought it a year ago. I told him to throw it again. He said that it was a good one. I asked him whether he wanted me to eat in a slightly annoyed voice. He said no and trailed with his wife’s name. It seemed like the wife made him to ask me.
- Once they offered me a high quality pizza. It was 6 pieces. I complimented on its nice taste and high quality. As I almost finished the first piece, the husband hurriedly suggested to the wife that they should cut the last piece in half to share between them.
After these incidents, I realized that they only offered me the food they don’t want. I stopped sharing food. They seemed wondering and unhappy about it. I was recently told that my rent will be soon increased to shy of 1/3 of the total rent. I’m planning to move out. They are still very nice people and I understand the increase of the rent is understandable (not ill-will) though my stopping sharing may have contributed to it. For example, I ate some fruit dessert while the husband eyed on it next to me. I didn’t offer.
Want to hear your advice, especially focused on what I should’ve done or not done. Hope to hear productive advice for my future.
submitted by HiFive2Me
to socialskills [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 16:12 Nyamo84 Looking for advice on BVM D series with Dreamcast and Toro.
I'm in need of a little advice.
I'm running a Dreamcast with a Toro into a BVM D20f1e. Everything is great apart from the usual flagging issue on the top portion of the screen due to a common sync issue that occurs due to the dreamcasts weird sync on D series monitors.
I've tried an extron RGB 160xi unit with the SERR enabled to fix the sync issue but it's effecting the quality of the image with added noise. Perhaps due to the signal chain now being incredibly complex? For some reason I can only get the extron to work using RGsB, but I've read that it shouldnt matter. Cables are all from Retro Gaming cables apart from the standard VGA cable.
My question is, what other options do I have available to fix this sync issue? I'd like to stick with the toro if possible because I enjoy the added scanline effect on some 480p games and also using VGA means I have to deal with more cable switching for audio.
My exact signal is:
Dreamcast > Toro > Male to Male scart > Female scart to BNC > D20f1
With the extron it's
Dreamcast > Toro > VGA cable > Extron > BNC to scart Male > Female scart to BNC > D20f1.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
submitted by Nyamo84
to crtgaming [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 16:11 alamarche709 Perfect Team
What would you consider to be the perfect Halo team in terms of roles / play styles?
The classic was always “main slayer, support, objective, X-factor”.
Modern Halo has seen more of an “everybody does a bit of everything” style.
After watching Dreamhack and seeing the big three once again keep their places locked in, I tried to pick apart roles / play styles for them and see what makes them successful.
- Main Slayer: this is the same as it’s always been. Every Halo team needs “that guy” who can pop off at any moment. He’s good with every power weapon and his BR is one of the best in the world. This would be Renegade, Bound, Lucid, Taulek, Kuhlect, Legend, Falcated, Sparty.
- Objective Player: this is similar to the old days, but in more modern times there’s less reliance on one player to do all the objective. Still, this player usually holds the oddball, stands in the hill, and runs the flags. They don’t care about their stats and they would rather do the dirty work that allows their teammates to shine. This would be SnakeBite, Penguin, aPG, RyaNoob, Haines.
- Anchor: this is the most similar to a “support” player. They typically sit back, shoot the most shots, do a lot of damage, and control spawns for their team. Like a quarterback, they start the play for their team and direct traffic while they’re sitting back and seeing everything happen in front of them. This would be Royal 2, StelluR, FormaL, Sica, Suppressed, Suspector.
- All-around Player: might be similar to the X-factor player that can do everything. They don’t excel in one thing, but they’re great at everything. They win their BR fights, can snipe, can run flags, and can help their team with suppressing fire. This would be Frosty, Eco, Trippy, bubu, CyKul, SLG, Soul Snipe, Rayne, Gilkey.
- IGL: on top of the main four roles / play styles in a team, someone is usually calling the plays and directing where their team should go. This player is often the captain for their team as well and is a good leader. This would be SnakeBite, Eco, Lucid, Tusk, Mikwen, RyaNoob, LethuL.
Is there anything you guys would add / remove / change? What do you think is the best team composition? Maybe two main slayers and no objective person? Let me know what you think works best.
submitted by alamarche709
to CompetitiveHalo [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 16:11 Easy_Sun A squirrel has been knocking on all my windows since December
Hi squirrel enthusiasts, for the past 8 months I have had the sane squirrel knocking on the window of my fifth floor apartment. It knocks on every single window and chewed through all of my window wires. We can't seem to scare it away.
At first we thought it might be hungry and probably lived in and around our apartment so we left food a bit farther away from our apartment for all the squirrels, but that doesn't seem to deter it from visiting our apartment . I am not sure how to handle this situation.
submitted by Easy_Sun
to squirrels [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 16:09 Ben_TrotFox [Rookie question] I'm fresh out from school and need some guidance please. What kind of set up is best suited for a simple rack monitoring in a datacenter ? Are there open-sourced project that would enable us to use basic webcams to record video if and only if motions is detected ?
First of all, thank you for your valuable input and time.
I'm a rookie sysadmin working for a fairly small company, and I've recently been tasked with exploring database rack monitoring. As someone with no prior experience in this domain, the vast amount of information available can be quite overwhelming. Overall i'm looking for a not too expensive setup to monitor our racks with a motion sensor and camera.
We rent multiple racks in different data centers, and our manager wants us to monitor these racks 24/7. The monitoring system needs to operate effectively in various environmental conditions, such as cold/hot temperatures and low/high light sources. Ideally, we'd like a camera to activate and record video on one of the rack's servers when motion is detected. Additionally, we plan to dedicate a VM to manage the camera(s). Our requirements are relatively straightforward; we primarily need a camera to record any access to our equipment.
I've come across several recommendations from other sysadmins, with APC
solutions being frequently mentioned. The NetBotz Camera Pod 165
appears to be a suitable camera option. However, I'm unsure if it can be used without a NetBotz rack monitor. I've also noticed suggestions for the Unifi camera
Those solutions are extremely expensive
for what we need to do.
- Would it be possible to simply use a webcam managed by the VM ?
- Are there good open-sourced project you experienced sysadmins are using for this particular use case scenarios ?
- Which camera / webcams would be best suited for simply monitoring access to our racks in the environmental condition described above ?
I'm truly fresh out from school, we've done some image processing projects in python so maybe in the worse case I could improvise a cluncky script that launches everytime the VM boots up ?
Apologies for the novice question, and I greatly appreciate any insights or recommendations you can provide.
submitted by Ben_TrotFox
to sysadmin [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 16:09 BigBertha216 Any actors here needing work? Saw this posted on Longwood Ave.