100 s boggs ave
2011.10.23 07:50 llama_herder Toronto Cycling
A community for cyclists in, around, and just passing through the Greater Toronto Area.
2016.05.12 17:27 chillaxin4life Milwaukee's Bicycle Community
Welcome to Milwaukee's bike subreddit! From the urban commuters to the beach cruisers, everyone and their bike is welcome here for newbie advice, pro events, and everything in between! Bike maps and bike shops are listed in the wiki.
2023.06.07 21:07 Ashamed_Persimmon402 More bugs QA would be the best exterminator
I have battled 14 times in war and have 1200 points on the event. The event says win or lose 100 points someone please help my math. But it’s not just me others in alliance numbers don’t add up either. SMH when events can do the simple math how can we get such complex kits. Oh right we don’t get them working as states rather working as intended then text corrections.
submitted by Ashamed_Persimmon402
to MarvelStrikeForce [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 21:06 PristineStranger2695 Shipt removing orders!
Just want to give my fellow shoppers a warning. If Shipt is removing you from orders and reassigning them then a deactivation may be on the horizon. It just happened to my friend. They had a 5.00 rating with 100% on time and 98% completion then suddenly Shipt started removing them from orders close to the delivery window. This happened maybe 5-7 times within a few weeks then they got the deactivation email out of nowhere. Said they violated the shopper guidelines. No way of knowing exactly why this started happening but I just want you guys to be on notice to prevent it from happening. It’s possible that the deactivation was because they were demanding to be reinstated from the released orders since one of them was a preferred and it triggered the app as fraudulent activity since it was happening within the delivery window. But it wasn’t the shoppers fault and the agents were no help. I would advise that if you are being removed from orders just let it go and move on to the next order. Hope this helps someone out today. Also had this happened to anyone else?
submitted by PristineStranger2695
to ShiptShoppers [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 21:05 nervousplantmom Do I even have any options? Adoptive parents ruining my life because they never got me proper medical treatment.
no tags because I highly doubt I have any options here but it doesn’t hurt to ask. Is it possibly for me to take some form of legal action against my adoptive parents for neglecting major health issues? Backstory: When I was around 2-3 yo they came up with this story “You got chicken pocks in your mouth, which ruined your taste buds and that’s why your such a picky eater”. My whole life I was just an extremely picky eater, along the way I gained a slew of health issues that came along with that. At this point I have long term depression that went untreated, same with anxiety and my “picky eating” is really ARFID. a highly complex eating disorder that’s best to get help for when your a child…which I never had the option too. I knew I had health issues when I left at 18 but I quickly became pregnant and put all my focus into thoses babies. At 21 I finally sat down and started to work on myself, I came to terms with the fact if I wanted a 100% chance for me to watch my babies graduate and have weddings of their own I needed help very fast. The recovery process is hard, and we’ll figure it out however we must. It includes childcare, gas cost, people staying in hotel rooms to watch the kids, the kids staying over at my husband parents, the general cost of recovery, husband taking off of work,add in any surprise medical issues I may have during this, it’s a lot. I would have none of these issues if my adoptive parents got me the treatment I needed as a child. I’ll forever need labs and regular doctor appointments to make sure my body is functioning. Can I take any form of legal action against them for how they have ruined my life basically? Or I am just going to have to live with the fact they are going to get away with ruining my life. I’ve started to come to terms with that option but this is my last effort of any other solutions.
submitted by nervousplantmom
to legaladvice [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 21:05 MerkadoBarkada LMG sold to Maxwealth Infinity for P402-M; MPI still vetting valuation firms; BHI revealing strategy in sad mini-series; May '23 inflation down, prices just as high; REDC reschedules IPO for July 24; DD used AI to design a banig (Thursday, June 8)
Happy Thursday, Barkada --
The PSE gained 85 points to 6565 ▲1.3%
Thanks to Kristoffer Notario
for the positive feedback on the new index look ("Ang linis"), to Ralph Dollente
for the context on the MPI valuation, to kalelManila.eth
for the speculation on RSA's "follow the money" trail (leading to Aeroport?), to Jing
for finding the Nestle logo that looked a lot like my SPNEC meme, and to all of the Barkadans
that wished me a swift recovery from "jetlag with a toddler". Haha, as you'd expect, the toddler is doing way better than the parents!
Huge thank-you and shout-out to Francis Josef Salmo
, 2nd Officer of the Maestro Sun
, for writing in to say that he and his crewmates use some of their limited daily connectivity to download and read Merkado Barkada as a way to get some PSE news! That was a really humbling note to receive. I raise this mug of coffee to you, Francis, and the crew of the Maestro Sun!
Shout-outs to cristinaorlina, ***, Jonathan Burac, Arnold Li, Pao, Justn, mArQo, Stephen Chiong, Dividend Pinoy PGG, Palaboy Trader, CHARToons, Bien EC, KingArk, LanAustria, Lance Nazal, arkitrader, Chip Sillesa, Evolves Capital, Inc., and Jing for the retweets, and to Evolves.co, Jayvee Menil, and Mike Ting for the Facebook shares.
- LMG sold to Maxwealth for P402-M
- MPI still vetting valuation firms
- BHI revealing strategy in sad mini-series
- May '23 inflation down, prices just as high
- Repower reschedules IPO for July 24
- DoubleDragon used AI to design a banig
▌Main stories covered:
- [NEWS] LMG Corp sold to Maxwealth Infinity for ₱402-M... LMG Corp [LMG 3.35 suspendedl] [link] shocked the market with news that it signed a share purchase agreement with Maxwealth Infinity Holdings (MIH) that will see MIH take a 67% stake in LMG for ₱402 million (₱3.10/share). MIH is a holding company owned and chaired by Alfonso Huang (company website), who is also the President of e-pon, an e-money app. MIH was founded in 2021, MIH has investments in “various financial and information technology companies”, but its website reveals an additional interest in real estate development and entertainment. The disclosure said that MIH made the LMG purchase with the intent to “invest in the hospitality industry and the construction industry”, and that it will “expand the portfolio of [LMG] to include the operating subsidiaries of [MIH].” The disclosure said that LMG and MIH intend to complete the tender offer and close the transaction within 60 days.
- MB: This one was truly surprising to me, both because LMG is a sleepy stock and because I have no idea who Maxwealth Infinity is. The name sounds like any of the thousands of Facebook groups that ply scam financial advice, so I’m glad that the disclosure specifically said that Maxwealth “does not solicit, accept, or take investments/placements from the public”. My quick due diligence on the company didn’t turn up much of substance either. Their website reads like a try-hard resume cover letter, filled with bland fluffer words like “impact”, “contribute”, “strategic”, “enriching”, and “potential”. A media scan turns up a paid promo piece about Mr. Huang, and a story about MIH donating sacks of rice to typhoon victims. The MIH career page shows that they’re hiring eight positions for their Taguig office, all posted three days ago. It’s not really clear what MIH is, what it’s done, or what it plans to do. I can’t help but feel SquidPay vibes, but I hope that it’s more tangible and substantive than that.
- [UPDATE] MPI still searching for a valuation firm... Metro Pacific [MPI 4.42 ▼0.9%; 83% avgVol] [link] Chairman, Manny V. Pangilinan, recently said that the MPI Consortium was still in the middle of a process to find an acceptable firm to perform the valuation to act as the basis of the MPI Consortium’s tender offer price. MVP said that they’ve been “given a list of accredited firms”, and that there are “probably only two” on that list that do not have the kind of conflicts that would come from working with another company in the MVP-led group of companies in the past. MVP said that he’s had “indirect” talks with some of the larger shareholders (SSS and GSIS), revealed that those groups had negative feedback on the initial price, but would not commit to a higher price being the likely outcome of the next valuation.
- MB: Aside from the whole “valuations are weird” angle and the fact that MPI is too sophisticated to have been caught by surprise about the potential accreditation of the first valuation firm it used, I’m mostly disappointed that it feels like MPI might already be losing that brief period of intense swagger. MPI has been a sleepy giant for most of my investing life, so it was pretty shocking for it to suddenly jolt to life and start making aggressive moves into the agricultural sector. There was the Axelum [AXLM 2.48 ▼2.4%; 5% avgVol] stake, then the announcement of the massive agricultural facility, and don’t get me started about that SP New Energy [SPNEC 1.46 unch; 0% avgVol] deal! My point is that MPI was rewriting its narrative in real-time while demonstrating the agility and nerve of a company with a clear vision for a future filled with big bets and growth. Where did that energy go? I want more of that green corporate raider energy, and less of this sleepy corporate bureaucracy drama.
- [NOTES] Quick takes from around the market...
- Boulevard Holdings [BHI 0.08 ▲2.5%; 165% avgVol] [link] appeared to signal that it will be suspended for a while and that it has decided to spend this time releasing a mini-series of disclosures to explain the development strategy for each of the company’s “major assets”, its “significant land parcels”, and its “cash hoard”. The most recent disclosure started with its Fridays Siargao location.
- MB Quick Take: This is such a weird look that I don’t even know where to start. Dripping info to shareholders gives off massive “long suspension” vibes, but it also manages to give off “we are just making it up as we go along” vibes. If you know the strategy now, why not tell us now? I don’t know if I can beat the BHI dead horse any longer, though. BHI, more like “Belated Hypothesizing Inc”, amirite?
- Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) [link] revealed that the May 2023 Consumer Price Index reading was 120.9, which was 6.1% higher y/y. The rate of inflation in April was 6.6%, based on a CPI reading of 120.9.
- MB Quick Take: Keen readers will notice that the actual CPI measurement was the same between April and May, meaning that the actual level of prices didn’t change at all from month to month. The only thing that changed was that April 2022’s CPI reading was lower because it was at the start of the long and intense price inflation period we saw throughout FY22. Remember: inflation might go down, but (generally) prices won’t.
- Repower Energy Development [REDC 5.00 pre-IPO] [link] provided an updated IPO schedule after it had previously paused the listing process to take on a significant anchor investor from Japan. The new pricing date is June 23, with an offer period from June 28 through July 14, and a listing ten days later on July 24.
- MB Quick Take: It looks like the bones of the offering are the same (230 million shares for ₱5.00/share, with 87% primary), but investors are going to want to pay close attention to the updated prospectus that we should get once the price has been set. Will REDC share any information about the anchor investor, and is the anchor investor the type that provides any strategic advantages for REDC going forward? Energy stocks are hot, but IPOs have been terrible for investors lately. Will REDC’s pricing take the recent performance into account to entice more retail investors to take a look?
- DoubleDragon [DD 7.20 unch; 19% avgVol] [link] said that its 548-room Hotel101 in Cebu is 100% sold-out 21 months after it started the pre-sale process, and 12 months before its project completion date. DD also took the time in this disclosure to let us know about how this location will be the first to “adopt” the “AI designed Hotel101 Banig accent design”.
- MB Quick Take: I don’t know how I feel about DD name-dropping AI as the designer of a banig. Well, that’s not true, I know how I feel about it, but I guess I’m just not sure how DD anticipated that we’d feel about it? Because that’s hilarious. This was meant to show that Hotel101 would “always stay ahead of the curve in technological advances”, but I think its inclusion sends the opposite message.
is written and distributed every trading day. The newsletter is 100% free and I never upsell you to some "iNnEr cIrClE" of paid-membership perks. Everyone gets the same! Join the barkada by signing up for the newsletter
, or follow me on Twitter
. You can also read my daily Morning Halo-halo content on Philstar.com
in the Stock Commentary
section, and in the Saturday edition of the Daily Manila Shimbun
Read today's full newsletter here
submitted by MerkadoBarkada
to phinvest [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 21:05 Arkensor How to complete "Electrify 5 survivors from at least 48 meters away" from current rift missions?
2023.06.07 21:04 ChampagneSupernva Number of pickleball courts in U.S. cities per 100,000 people; As of May 23, 2023; Includes both indoor and outdoor courts as well as those that overlay other courts
2023.06.07 21:04 bdon223 TAP IN‼️ i’m probably the cheapest and fastest nigga you gon find 🤷🏾♂️quickest hands on the westside
2023.06.07 21:04 LuxxLavish Contracts for Exclusive Full Rights
Hello Reddit friends, I’ve been producing and leasing instrumental tracks for a while now. I have several contracts and over 100s of fully produced instrumental tracks. I work with every genre, so the options are limitless.
Unfortunately I have a medical bill that needs urgent attention and we’ll all I have is my music, I’m willing to sell full rights to some of my private instrumental tracks to help me in this time of need. There is no catch, you buy it, it’s yours. I own full rights to my music and I created 100% of them from scratch on programs such as FL Studio. If interested please don’t hesitate to reach out. Thanks
submitted by LuxxLavish
to Music [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 21:03 Adam69Sandler420 Barbotines Froot-O
2023.06.07 21:02 AutoModerator I HAVE Iman Gadzhi Agency Navigator, Biaheza Dropshipping Course, Andrew Tate all Courses Bundle, And OVER 3,000 MORE COURSES. If ANYONE WANTS them (http://smmacourses.site/)
If ANYONE WANTS them (http://smmacourses.site/
) NEW COURSES
(Included when buying my whole collection!):
· ⭐Iman Gadzhi – Agency Navigator 2023
· ⭐Sam Ovens - Consulting Accelerator 2023
· ⭐Cole Gordon – 30 Day Closer
· ⭐Montell Gordon - Agency Transmulation
· ⭐Charlie Morgan - Easygrow Course
· ⭐Sebastian Esqueda - Ecom Revolution
· ⭐Biaheza Droppshiping Course 2023
· Andrew Tate – Courses Bundle
· Charlie Morgan - Imperium Agency
· Charlie Morgan - Gym Growth Accelerator
· Biaheza - Full Dropshipping Course 2023
· Jordan Welch - The Reveal 2023
· Savannah Sanchez - TikTok Ads Course 2023
· Iman Gadzhi - Copy Paste Agency
· Sam Ovens - UpLevel Consulting
· Miles – The FBA Roadmap + The Profit Vault
· Andrew Giorgi – Amazon Dropshipping Course
· Sebastian Esqueda – Ecom Revolution Training Program
· Luca Netz – Advanced Dropshipping 2023
· Kevin King – Freedom Ticket 3.0
· Jordan Platten – LearnAds – Facebook Ads Pro 2023
· Miles – The FBA Roadmap + The Profit Vault
· Dan Vas – Ecom Freedom Shopify Blueprint 2023
· Alexander J.A Cortes - WiFi Money Machine
· Kody Knows - Native Mastery
· Bastiaan Slot - Six Figure Consulting
· Kaibax - Centurion agency
· Joe Robert - Print On Demand Accelerator
· Ryan Hogue - Ryan's Method Dropshipped POD
· Kevin Zhang - Ecommerce Millionaire Mastery
· Ryan Lee – 48 Hour Continuity
· [METHOD] ⚡️TikTok Algorithm Domination Skyrocket your engagement TODAY Updated 2023✨
· Troy Ericson – Email List Management Certification
· Larry Goins – Filthy Riches Home Study Course
· Ry Schwartz – Automated Intimacy
· Patrick Bet-David – All Access Bundle
· Andrea Unger – Master the Code & Go LIVE
· Jon Benson – 10 Minute Sales Letter
· Alen Sultanic – Automatic Clients & Bonuses
· Taylor Welch – Cashflow for Consultants
· Akeem Reed – Slingshot Rental Blueprint
· The Futur Greg Gunn – Illustration for Designers
· Trading180 – Supply And Demand Zone Trading Course
· Jim McKelvey (Foundr) – How To Build An Unbeatable Business
· Master of AI Copy – Copy School by Copyhackers
· Copyhackers – Copy School 2023
· Matei – Gann Master Forex Course
· YOYAO Hsueh – Topical Maps Unlocked
· Tyler McMurray – Facts Verse Youtube Automation Course
· Ashton Shanks – 7 Day Copywriting Challenge Featuring ChatGPT
· Rene Lacad – Rockstar Marketing Blueprint
· Top Trade Tools – Hedge Fund Trender
· Brandi Mowles – Conversion For Clients
· Glen Allsopp – SEO Blueprint 2 (DETAILED)
· Trading Busters – Prop Trading Formula Course
· Sam Woods – The AI Copywriting Workshop (Complete Edition)
· Brian Anderson – Recovery Profit System
· LOW COMPETITION KEYWORDS IN MINUTES ⚡ 70+ REVIEWS ✅ BONUS PDF WORTH $200+
· Devon Brown – Easiest System Ever
· Duston McGroarty – St. Patrick’s Day 2023 Live Event
· Dan Wardrope – Click & Deploy Sales Android
· Lost Boys Academy – How To Make Life Changing Money With OnlyFans!
· WealthFRX Trading Mastery Course 2.0
· TOM & HARRY – Digital Culture Academy
· 100+ Cold Email Templates
· [METHOD] ✅ Make Real Cash with Auto Blogging ⛔Get $1199 Worth of Resources ❌ CUSTOMIZED SECRET PROCESS⚡DONE FOR YOU SITE ⭐ Unlimited Niche Opportunity & So on
· Tobias Dahlberg – Brand Mastery
· Raul Gonzalez – Day Trading Institution 2.0
· Rasmus & Christian Mikkelsen –Impact Academy 2023
· [METHOD] ☢️ The Quick eBay Money Loophole Guide ☢️
· Apteros Trading – March 2023 Intensive
· Rob Lennon – Zero to 10k Twitter Accelerator
· Rob Lennon – Next-Level Prompt Engineering with AI
· Rasmus & Christian Mikkelsen – NEW Audiobook Income Academy Download
· Grow and Convert – Customers From Content
· Charles Miller – The Writersonal Branding Playbook
· Kaye Putnam – Convert with a Quiz
· Forex Mentor – London Close Trade 2.0
· Chase Reiner – Fortune Bots Update 1
· Andrew Ethan Zeng – Social Marketing Mastery
· [Method] Upload FULL, 100% Unedited Copyrighted Videos on Youtube! Content ID DESTROYER!
· Digital Daily – Top 150 ChatGPT Prompts to Make your Life Easy
· Patek Fynnip – Psychology Course
· Thomas Frank – Creator’s Companion (Ultimate Brain Edition)
· [METHOD] ⚡ See the MAGIC of Bulk Posting ✨ Untapped Method ✅ [ BONUS ChatGpt and Affiliate list Pdf]✅
· ⭕️ YouTube Content Machine – Unlimited FREE traffic for CPA – Fully Automated Method ⭕️
· Jakob Greenfeld – Scraping The Web For Fun and Profit
· Adrian Twarog – OpenAI Template Starter Kit for ChatGPT / GPT3
· The Secret Merchants List of Over 2000+ Dropshippers and Amazon FBA Suppliers Based in The US
· Top Trade Tools – Top Swing Trader Pro
· Charlie Houpert – Charisma University 2023
· ▶️ [METHOD + GUIDE] ✅ Make Money ✅ with Kindle Books ⚠️ Even if You Can’t Write ⚠️ [STEP-BY-STEP] ⚡ NO INVESTMENT REQUIRED! ⚡
· Charlie Morgan – Easy Grow
· Nina Clapperton – Jasper AI Course for Bloggers
· Travis Stephenson – Simple Profit System
· Manny Khoshbin – Real Estate Starter Program
· Tanner Henkel & Jerrod Harlan – 7-Figure Email Machine
· [METHOD] Stop Wasting Money on AI Writers Train And Fine-Tune Your Own AI For Free With No Code ⚡⚡⚡Real Method & Practice Examples ⚡⚡
· Creator Hooks – YouTube Title Mastery
· Thomas Frank – Creator’s Companion (Ultimate Brain Edition)
· Sean Dollwet – Royalty Hero
· Jason Bell – Birthday Marketing Formula
· NXT Level FX – Investors Domain
· [METHOD] ⏩ My ETSY $40K~ Passive Income 2023 + HOT Products (Earning Proof) ⏪ Make Money No Marketing Easy $40K~ Guide FOR NOOBS ✅
· Rob Jones & Gerry Cramer – Profit Singularity Ultra Edition 2022 (AI & ChatGPT)
· Cody Wittick & Taylor Lagace – The Influencer Marketing Blueprint
· ⚡️➡️$390/Week BLUEPRINT+PROOF✅Scalable Method❤️Amazon to eBay Dropship✅
· Kody Ashmore – Simpler Trading – Drama Free Day Trades ELITE
· Youri van Hofwegen – YouTube Search Automation
· Montell Gordon – Agency Transmutation
· Csaba Borzasi – Breakthrough Conversions Academy
· Tim Denning – Twitter Badassery
· Geoff Cudd – AI Writing Course for Bloggers & Digital Marketers
· RED CPA FORMULA – UNTAPPED UNDERGROUND CPA SYSTEM
· BowtiedCocoon – Zero to $100k: Landing Any Tech Sales Role
· Holly Starks – Make LINK BUILDING Great Again!
· Mike Warren – Deeds4Cash
· BITCOIN BRITS – The Crypto Course
· Max Gilles – ⚡️☄️ UHQ Leak ❤️CPA JACKER – Epic CPA Blueprint✅⚡️
· Aidan Booth & Steve Clayton – 123 Profit Update 9
· Christina Galbato – The Influencer Bootcamp
· John Thornhill – Ambassador Program
· [Sales] 999+ Ultimate ChatGPT Prompts To Copy & Paste (250+ tasks)
· Pollinate Trading – Curvy Trading System
· Content Mavericks – The Greatest Hits Content System
· Andriy Boychuk – Flowium – Klaviyo Mastery 2.0
· Dagobert Renouf – How To Dominate Twitter (Advanced Growth Bundle)
· Darius Lukas – ⭐ The Marketer’s Bible to ChatGPT ✅ 1000+ ChatGPT Prompts to Copy, Paste & Scale
· Billy Gene – 5 Day A.I. Crash Course for Marketers
· Alex Cattoni – Posse Eye Brand Voice Challenge Program
· Casey Zander – YouTube Fame Game Blueprint
· Harlan Kilstein – Midjourney Mastery
· Shawna Newman – YouTube for Niche Sites
· [Marketing] 1099+ Ultimate ChatGPT Marketing Prompts To Copy & Paste (200+ tasks)
· Karen Foo – Star Traders Forex Intermediate Course
· TheMacLyf – Hive Mind & Masterclass (Onlyfans Course)
· Brittany Lewis – Top Seller Secret
· Dan Henry – Facebook Ads for Entrepreneur
· Russ Horn – Ultra Blue Forex
· Scott Phillips – Crypto Salary System
· Roland Frasier – AI Powered Expert Apprentice + Update 1
· Roger & Barry – Give Academy 1k/Day Platinum Mastermind [COMPLETE with LATEST UPDATE]
· Bretty Curry (Smart Marketer) – Smart Amazon Ecommerce
· Steven Dux – Traders Edge 2023
· Aidan Booth & Steve Clayton – 123 Profit
· Allie Bjerk – Tiny Offer Lab
· Dicke Bush – Generate 10x More Content Using AI
· Mateusz Rutkowski – New Money Blueprint
· Smart Raja Concepts (SRC) – Forex 101
· Chase Reiner – Short Form Riches Bootcamp 2023 – AI ChatGPT Bot Update 3
· Chase Reiner – AI Profits
· Travis Sago – Cold Outreach & Prospecting AMA Offer (Best Value with All Bonuses)
· Live Traders – Professional Trading Strategies
· Allan Dib – The 1-Page Marketing Plan Course
· Dan Koe – Digital Economics Masters Degree
· The Trading Guide – The Gold Box Strategy
· The Complete XAUUSD GOLD Forex Scalping System On Real Trading Account
If ANYONE WANTS them (http://smmacourses.site/
submitted by AutoModerator
to FreeDownload2023 [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 21:02 Gingercakee102 Why won’t anyone buy my house??
First time poster. This is more of a vent/rant than anything but also, any ideas to get people in the door.
Basically the title. We’re in Northern California. Our home is listed at $320k, 1,100 sq ft. New roof. New flooring. New paint inside and out. New appliances. New water heater. Private road but still in neighborhood. We just got an inspection to have ready for buyers and the biggest thing listed was that our baseboards aren’t caulked. Our house is literally turn key ready. We posted it on Friday 05/26 so Memorial Day weekend. We went into contract on a new home we’re buying on 05/29. They gave us 10 days to be in contract which is coming up. We had 2 open houses this past weekend and literally 1 person showed up within the 2 days. Our realtor and his whole team, the inspector, and us are all dumbfounded on why it’s not getting attention. We’re close to losing out on our dream home because no one will buy our current home!! Is the market slowing down?? Is our home too expensive?? What is going on?? It’s so frustrating.
submitted by Gingercakee102
to RealEstate [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 21:01 jstoberl Current Unaccelerated/Unfarmable Character Release Dates
Updates from previous post Here
Character Release Dates
- Admiral Raddus was accelerated today June 7, 2023. Admiral Raddus was will be removed from the list.
- Merrin is now farmable on Fleet 1-C as of today June 7, 2023.
- Tarfful is now farmable on Dark Side 4-D as of today June 7, 2023.
- Saw Gerrera is now farmable on Light Side 4-B as of today June 7, 2023.
- Mark VI Interceptor will be added to the game Friday June 9, 2023. TIE Dagger will be available as a galactic chase event on all Fleet Battle nodes. The event will run through June 17, 2023.
June 23, 2022 - Grand Inquisitor "Seasonal" Journey Guide Event
July 21, 2022 - Krrsantan (Cantina 7-A)
August 3, 2022 - Ben Solo Conquest Reward (Conquest 11)
August 18, 2022 - Skiff Guard (Lando Calrissian) (Light Side 3-B)
September 8, 2022 - Boushh (Leia Organa) (Dark Side 2-C)
October 6, 2022 - Hondo Ohnaka (Cantina 1-D)
October 20, 2022 - 0-0-0 (Dark Side 2-A)
October 20, 2022 - BT-1 (Light Side 2-C)
October 25, 2022 - Scythe Conquest Reward (Conquest 8)
December 1, 2022 - Sana Starros (Cantina 2-C)
January 12, 2023 - Zorii Bliss (Dark Side 1-C)
January 18, 2023 - Admiral Trench Conquest Reward (Conquest 5)
February 9, 2023 - Tusken Chieftain (Dark Side 6-C)
February 23, 2023 - Tusken Warrior (Cantina 2-D)
March 9, 2023 - Cal Kestis (Cantina 1-F)
March 23, 2023 - Cere Junda (Light Side 3-A)
April 6, 2023 - Merrin (Fleet 1-C)
April 11, 2023 - Fury Class Interceptor Conquest Reward (Conquest 2)
April 27, 2023 - Tarfful (Dark Side 4-D)
May 4, 2023 - Saw Gerrera (Light Side 4-B)
May 26, 2023 - TIE Dagger (unfarmable)
June 9, 2023 - Mark VI Interceptor (unfarmable) Additional Information Conquest (HARD, 4M+ GP) Conquest 1-3 -
Unit is the "Primary" reward in crates; can earn 90 shards from crates. Unit is available to purchase for 525 conquest currency for 5 shards from the wandering scavenger in Sector(s) 2-5; can earn 20 shards from wandering scavenger. Conquest Pass can be purchased for ~$10; can earn 20 shards from conquest pass. Maximum shards that can be earned each conquest is 130. Conquest 4-6
- Unit is the "Secondary" reward in crates; can earn 30 shards from crates. Unit is available to purchase for 475 conquest currency and/or 600 crystals for 5 shards from the wandering scavenger in Sectors 2-5; can earn 40 shards from wandering scavenger. Conquest Pass can be purchased for ~$10; can earn 30 shards from conquest pass. Maximum shards that can be earned each conquest is 100. Conquest 7-12
- Unit is available to purchase for 475 conquest currency for 5 shards from the wandering scavenger in Sector(s) 1-5; can earn 25 shards from wandering scavenger. Additionally unit is available in Conquest store for 475 conquest currency and/or 600 crystals per 5 shards. Conquest 13
- Unit is no longer available from the wandering scavenger. Unit is available in Conquest store for 475 conquest currency and/or 600 crystals per 5 shards. As soon as Conquest 13 is completed the unit will no longer be available in the Conquest store after the next store refresh. After the conclusion of Conquest 13 unit will be immediately available in Proving Grounds going forward.
Road Ahead March 2022 post: Here
"Conquest Character shards will not be accelerated when these units move to their final farm locations." Proving Grounds
- Must not already own the unit at 7*
- Must not already own enough shards to 7* the unit
- Once you obtain the unit at 7* or have enough shards to 7* the unit, they will no longer be accessible. This is not meant to be a source for Shard Shop Currency, this is an opportunity to get characters that were once exclusive to Conquest.
- Requires Relic 3 units
- Players must have 4M Galactic Power to attempt the event
- Events are available monthly; players can earn 20 shards for each unit available to the player. The event can be refreshed two times for 2200 crystals per refresh. The max shards per unit per month is 60 for 4400 crystals.
Proving Grounds Post: Here Accelerated Rate Farms Shard Economy Change Post
From November 10, 2020
Character Release Cadence Release Cadence
- Original Rate characters are made up of New and Exclusive characters. Generally, this set includes those characters exclusive to Raids, Journey Guide, Territory Battles, and certain high-value currencies. This also includes all Ships blueprints.
- Accelerated characters are typically those found on Nodes and in various Stores.
- New Marquee characters will launch as Original Rate characters, and move to the Accelerated list approximately 1 year after their release. (eg The Mandalorian will move to Accelerated in April/May 2021)
March 20, 2018
- All units (characters or ships) released through Marquee events will move to the Chromium Packs or Fleet Packs (whichever is appropriate) and Shipments approximately four to six weeks from the first day of the unit’s Marquee event.
- From the day the unit moves to the Chromium Pack or Fleet Pack, and Shipments, approximately four to six weeks later the unit will move to a location in the game.
submitted by jstoberl
to SWGalaxyOfHeroes [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 21:01 Trash_Tia Camp Redwood is running out of counselors! These children ARE NOT CHILDREN. Update: So, you're telling me it's NOT 2018?
Welcome to Camp Redwood!
Are you ready to fight to the death with age regressed forty year olds with the faces of adorable little kids?
How about coming to terms with your entire life, or at least five years of it, being one big fucking lie?
We are so excited to announce our 2018
group! Where you will undoubtedly FIND
yourself here. Your true self.
The self you did not know existed.
SO, jump in that military bunker, grab that blunt object to fight against our little campers disembowelling our counselors, and get yourself down to CAMP REDWOOD. WHERE WE START EVERY DAY WITH A CAMP REDWOOD SMILE.
Application end date: 05/02/2018
It’s been a tough few days.
So, I think I will be posting this update in two chunks so I can get everything down and clear my head. I am alone right now.
Yes. I am the last survivor of Camp Redwood 2023 (?). I’ve been unsure how to start this and end this because I really just want to get into the meat of what has been going on.
But… I must ask. I have to.
What year is it?
That doesn't matter right now. I'll continue where I left off.
Teddy did leave us alone in the end. But his screams were still haunting me hours after the thing with his voice had left. I don’t even think I could call it his voice.
It sounded like him but there were pieces of him missing. Like someone had reached into the boy’s mind and pulled out the skeleton of his consciousness, the bare bones of his being—and cruelly stuffed him into a metal shell.
That is what Teddy sounded like.
He sounded like a wounded animal, confused why he was alive. Terrified. I now know what he is the product of. Teddy is a victim of horrifying, unethical experiments our campers have been forcing on kidnapped counselors after taking over the camp. Have you ever heard of the sound of crying which isn’t human?
That is Teddy. He is the product of forcing life into the dead, and leaving it to suffer with its consciousness. Which, in my opinion, is a fate far worse than death.
You’re probably wondering where my two companions are.
Well, that is why I am writing this.
I want to tell you what happened so I can wrap my head around it myself, and choose between killing all of us and sending these psychopaths to hell, or coming to terms with our truth and fighting back. Well, it’s their truth. I wouldn’t say it’s mine. It took us three whole days to get the guts to risk leaving Allison’s secret bunker inside her cabin, and attempting to find a way out of this hell-hole. Harry and I were the ones to do it, leaving a still-not-completely-himself Rowan to guard our safehouse. I didn’t want to leave him alone for a multitude of reasons but due to Harry actually having a soul and a semblance of empathy, I was overruled.
Despite being heavily under the influence of age-regressing animal crackers which had mentally turned him into a toddler, Rowan was still himself to a degree. Which meant he was back to being our leader. I was sceptical at first, because no matter how many times he insisted he was in fact okay, I couldn’t seem to shake off the feeling that the childish parts of him, the warped parts of his mind which had turned him into a child, were still there.
Even if they were very subtle. I caught him doodling on his clipboard, and much later on, singing to himself with an odd smile on his face he had successfully gaslit Harry and I into believing it was just a coping mechanism. Say what you want about Rowan Atlas, he is damn good at swaying your opinion. Even when we were 100% sure Rowan was not his original self, the guy we had both met at the start of camp.
It was almost like him having two minds. The mind of a child, and the mind of a teenager.
For example, he still ordered us around and attempted to take back his role of leader— which had at least secured some normality back into our lives. But he also hated loud noises, and freaked out every time one of the littles tried to get in. There was also the incident we had agreed not to talk about, because talking about it meant facing the fact that our friend was no longer himself.
It was a hours after Teddy left us in peace. Harry was sleeping, and I was on the cusp of slumber, slipping through more files. Rowan had been oddly quiet. Which wasn’t a Rowan thing. Whether he was mentally a child or a teenager, he was still being loud and obnoxious. I sat up to find him cross-legged, playing with something.
I thought it was a worm at first, but no. It was exactly like what I found at the start of this, an eye attached to a nerve. But this time it was undoubtedly human, and now Rowan’s plaything. When I questioned him, he said he was “studying” it. Though there was definitely a difference between studying something and playing with it. The scary thing was, he saw no wrong in it, holding it in his hands and stripping off the metallic pieces cruelly attached to it.
In the end, I took it from him and stamped on it. Rowan didn’t have the reaction I was expecting. Because he was still hiding behind the façade that his mind hadn’t been warped by de-aging animal crackers.
If that wasn’t bad enough, Eleanor Summers had given me a 24 hour deadline to hand over the boys, and we were well over the limit so an ambush was likely imminent.
I still had so many questions. Why were Rowan, Harry and Carmel so important while the rest of us were seen as nothing but spare parts?
That is what the little bitch said. Now physically eleven years old with the mind of a deranged forty year old scientist, Eleanor told me I was nothing to them but spare parts. God, it’s so weird calling her what she is after looking after her kid self, her fake self, for weeks.
Little Eleanor with her golden pigtails and obsession with teddy bear picnics was in fact a complete fucking sociopath. That much of one in fact, that her and her equally psychotic colleagues who engaged in these experiments had been regressed into little kids inside a rehabilitation camp (Nicknamed: Project Spearhead) which was supposed to fix them and had failed spectacularly. Because they’ve taken over. And this time? We’re the fucking lab rats.
The counselors here at Redwood.
I had seen her adult self being interviewed by mysterious Agent Lemrac, a face behind Project Spearhead, the girl who was far too young to be an agent, and have that kind of authority. Also, someone with a soul—who had a clear biased opinion against the experiments.
Part of me wondered if Lemrac still existed. Maybe she was behind the odd phone calls we kept receiving on an old fashioned rotary phone. With Eleanor’s deadline in mind, the two of us made our journey quick. It wasn’t hard to leave the camp itself. There were guards in the form of Callen and Olive, brainwashed and turned into the kid’s muscle, but they were easy enough to get past as long as we distracted them with something shiny.
They were mentally six-years-old so literally anything grabbed their attention.
I quickly realized my mistake once we managed to escape the camp—Harry in front of me, with me lagging behind. We moved slowly, ducking behind trees and throwing ourselves into the dirt. Very cloak and dagger. It didn’t take us long to slip into the woods. Just past the lake were the exit gates to Redwood which led to a road.
Not exactly civilisation, but I would take it over having my body taken apart for “parts” in these so-called experiments.
When we got to the gate, however, I realized I had given the adults too much fucking credit.
Whoever was in charge of Spearhead clearly did not care about lingering survivors, as long as they were successfully cutting us out from the outside world. And that’s what the giant wall I found myself staring at was, an impossible foot monster towering over us and cementing my earlier thoughts. We were screwed. The woman on the phone had made it clear we were being abandoned, and yet some of me naively held onto them maybe still rescuing us.
“Fuck.” I didn’t know what to do, but kicking the damn thing felt like the right thing. I did, and then regretted it half a second later.
This thing was impenetrable. Impossible to climb unless we had a fucking death-wish.
Blinking at it through fraying sunlight blinding me, the thing almost resembled a mirage. It stood under the sun, a giant roadblock completely blocking us from any form of help.
The sun wasn’t helping, scorching through my shirt. I swiped at my sweaty forehead, unable to resist a frustrated scream I had to muffle-gag with my hand. I risked a look behind us. Thankfully, we were around ten minutes away from the main camp. The lake was nearby glittering under a late afternoon sun, and all I wanted to right then was to wade into the shallows and let the murky water swallow me up. The little shits couldn’t swim, maybe I’d be safe.
“This is bad.” Harry Carlisle broke the silence after my frustrated cry. With his eyes glued to the wall, he took off his hat and ran a hand through dark brown curls which were catching the light of the sun, setting strands alight across his forehead. None of us were in great shape after spending days hunkered down in a secret bunker. Harry was no exception.
His short sleeved camp Redwood shirt was still covered with vomit, discoloured with days’ worth of sweat stains and lack of showers.
He bent over, grasping hold of his knees. “What do we do?” I could tell by the tone of his voice he was freaking out, and I didn’t blame him. But Harry was still on my mind.
His signature was undoubtedly all over every Project Spearhead file, despite him repeatedly insisting he had nothing to do with it. At that moment, I could almost believe him. The boy looked exhausted and frustrated, pained.
He surprised me by slipping to his knees and burying his head in the dirt and screaming into rough soil. I was struck, then, by the sudden memory of flames. I had been sitting around campfires for weeks at Redwood, but this one didn’t feel like it took place at camp.
Instead, it felt more personal. I could almost see it, flickering orange sparking at the backs of my eyes and the sour taste of beer in my throat. Like the memory was trying to push itself to the surface. This moment felt nostalgic and yet close—as if it had happened yesterday. Like both the past and present had entangled in one.
If I concentrated I swore I could hear the murmur of voices, phantom laughter in my head and a cool night breeze grazing my cheeks.
“Earth to Josie?”
I snapped out of it quickly. “You’re asking me?” I kicked the dirt again. “I thought Rowan was our camp leader.”
Harry lifted his head after a moment, his eyes flicking to me. “You know he can’t make rash decisions right now.”
“Exactly.” I said. “We both know he’s not back to his normal self. He’s both right now. A little kid, and a teenager.” I shuddered. “I’m sorry, did I forget to mention our so-called head counsellor was playing with a human eye like a fucking cat?”
“Well, why aren’t you taking it seriously?”
Harry’s gaze skated the horizon, cotton candy colored clouds blurring into twilight. “Becauuuse the sun is going to your head.”
I could practically hear his eyes rolling. Rowan took three strides towards the wall and pressed his face into rough brick. “So, this is it, right?” He muffled into rough cement. “We are really going to die at fucking summer camp.”
“I’m going to die,” I corrected him. “They want you two and Carmel because apparently you’re special.”
Harry made a scoffing noise into the wall. I was starting to think he was setting up camp there, planning to tell all of his grievances to the cement. “Oh yeah, because that’s a good thing? You’ve seen—no—heard what they’ve done to Teddy and the others, and you think them wanting us for something else is special?” his voice broke a little. “I’d rather have your fate.”
The boy’s words made me realize how little I was compared to the others. While they and Carmel were part of some grand, psychotic scheme, I was just needed for extra bulk. “Why don’t you talk to your friends?” I said, after letting the boy throw several punches into the soil. I wasn’t going to comment on his hits being surprisingly strong enough to shake the ground.
Harry didn’t look at me after calming down, resorting to tracing the earth with the toes of his shoe. “Who?”
I was surprised by his retort, even if it was equally sarcastic. “Oh, you think I’m in the CIA?” He stepped closer to me, his breath in my face. “In case you haven’t noticed, this is bigger than the CIA. Whoever is in charge of this project is way higher up.”
“So, you’re admitting you’re a sleeper.”
“No, that’s not what I—”
“Then what?” I demanded, cutting him off. “Why are your fingerprints quite literally all over this?”
Harry folded his arms, his expression darkening. "You're still talking about this?" He groaned. “Josie.” He planted his hands on my shoulders. “I am not a spy, okay? Yes, my writing being on those documents was weird, but we’re also dealing with animal crackers which turn us into littles.” His lips curved into the slightest of smirks. “I’m pretty sure it would be easy for a group of scientists to use my writing as some kind of red herring. They’re trying to turn us against each other, obviously. And that’s not going to happen.” He squeezed my shoulders and I felt momentary comfort. I was so tired.
I hadn’t slept properly in days in fear of Eleanor coming to smoke us out—and the urge to just sink into the boy’s chest was suddenly overwhelming. Luckily, I had self-control. I took a step back, and he dropped his arms. “That's sobering, yes,” I said. “But I’m still going to try waking you up with those trigger phrases we found.”
When he tried to speak, I shook my head.
“Like it or not, you’re our only way out.”
I had made it clear several times to the two of them that I had no intention to use the trigger phrases we found taped to the back of the door in the bunker, when searching for more intel. But the more I was really thinking about it, if there were sleeper agents capable of taking down a group of forty-year-old tweens, I had no choice but to at least try. Because it was either that, or I gave the littles what they wanted. The boy’s. Whatever they needed, Rowan, Carmel, and Harry were the keys to their plan.
We needed a miracle, and those trigger phrases were our best shot.
Harry, of course, was against this idea.
He did that thing he always did when he scrunched up his nose and curled his lip. It reminded me of a toddler not getting their way. I saw it exclusively when the littles were taking advantage of his piggybacking service. “Josie, I’m not a fucking spy!”
"You could be." I said stiffly. "And until we figure out what is going on with you, I don't trust you. You said it yourself. Your writing was all over the kid's files, so at some point, regardless of you remembering or not, you have been part of this project.”
“So, why did you bring me out here?” He inclined his head. “You don’t trust me and yet you bring me on your little mission to find an exit.”
I shrugged. “I was partly hoping we would be attacked and your natural instincts would kick in.”
“So, I’m your lab-rat?”
Harry did the scrunchy-nose thing again. “What the fuck, dude?!”
He looked like he was going to argue before deciding against it. Instead, he slipped on his raybans and gestured behind me with a sigh.
"We should probably get going before those little freaks come looking for us and realize we’ve left our safehouse.” I didn’t know how to explain and put into words that to survive we had to try everything—and if there was a slither of a chance that Harry really was some kind of sleeper agent, I was going to take advantage of that. I hadn’t forgotten about Carmel, Callan, and Olive. Rowan too, no matter how screwed up he was. I was counting on getting all of us out. I turned on my heel and started to head back to camp. I didn’t look at him because doing that would make me weak.
“Right. Let’s go.”
There was something going at the camp when we got back. I was startled by an intense blue light illuminating from the lunch cabin, and I had half a mind to turn and run. Then the screams started. Just like Teddy, they sounded both human and not, a horrifying mix of man and machine wailing for death. I found myself paralysed, crouched behind Cassie’s cabin, their phantom screams rattling my skull sending my thoughts into overdrive. “Josie.” I felt warm fingers wrap around my elbow and pull me back. Harry was thankfully there, dragging me away before I could expose us. It was enough to snap me out of it. Enough to drive me into fight or flight.
When we made it back to Allison’s cabin, Rowan was sleeping. He had conked out halfway through a pack of gummy worms. I spent the next few hours going through each trigger phrase written on the yellow sticky note we found taped to the door. I figured if we were going to try and wake Harry up, he would have to be restrained in case he was triggered to hurt us or even himself. “Is this really necessary?”
“Yes.” I said, squinting at the third trigger phrase. The two of us were sitting cross-legged in front of each other. Harry, breathing heavily, and me, trying to make myself calm. Harry pulled gingerly at the jump-rope restraints we had managed to loop around his wrists. I was expecting something out of him, but all I got were his wide eyes staring back at me.
The latest phrase was twisting my brain. It sounded like a kid’s book. I took a deep breath.
“Green Tigers Do Not Live Independently.”
Harry didn’t move, making a deal of blinking rapidly back at me. “No, I mean,” he gestured to his arms pinned behind his back. “Why did you have to make them so tight?"
“Because you’re a spy, dude.” Rowan had woken up, intrigued by my attempts to wake up a possible sleeper. He was pretending to go through the Eleanor Summers footage again, but the boy was clearly invested in what we were doing. Sitting slumped in the spinning chair, he leaned his fist on his chin. There were various things about Rowan I wanted to point out, but I was too scared to. The tips of his fingers were still stained red, and I had no idea if it was new or old. Rowan Atlas used to be the one guy at camp I used to think looked older than he was—and acted older than he was.
Instead of taking part in camp activities, he chose to sit on a branch and read pretentious classics. Yeah. He was one of THOSE guys. The slight stubble on his chin would definitely get him served alcohol, and his intelligence and quick-thinking would easily sway you if you were sceptical. Now he was the complete opposite. Maybe I was imagining things, but he had definitely gotten younger in the face, even if it was just a year or two.
I am not talking about his appearance, however. Rowan’s mentality was drastically different from the guy who held crisis meetings and ordered all of us around like we were his own children. This guy had a certain childish twinkle in his eye when I happened to catch it, a twitch in his lips which was constantly a wide smile like he was constantly seeing butterflies. Before being force-fed animal crackers, the guy had maintained his hair and hygiene no matter what happened. Now, he looked like he’d been dragged through a forest. Literally. There was still grass and leaves caught in his sandy hair, his camp Redwood shirt torn in odd places.
He yawned, curling up on the chair, apparently getting comfy. “No hard feelings, but we gotta keep you under investigation. Like Josie said, your name was all over those shady documents.”
Even his voice was different. I couldn’t call it a squeak, but it was close enough to one.
“I’m not a spy,” Harry grumbled, ducking his head. “I think I would know if I was—what, some kind of government agent?”
“That’s the whole point of them,” Rowan, still with lingering childish traits, winked at him. “They don’t know either.” He raised his hand and mimed the finger guns, protruding them into his temples and pretending to pull the trigger. He adapted a storytelling tone, lowing his voice into a whisper. Like he was talking to the kids.
“They can live their whole lives without realizing.” I could tell from his tone he was getting excited with the idea of sleeper agents. Maybe it was a kid thing. Rowan sat up straight with wide eyes. “Cruelly brainwashed by a secret organisation at a young age and turned into super soldiers, these guys have no family. No friends.” His gaze flicked to Harry, his lips twitching into a teasing grin. “Only the insatiable urge to kill and follow orders. They don’t have brains to feel or emotions. And that?”
He did a dramatic spin on the chair. I could tell he was revelling in the look of horror on Harry’s face. “That is the most dangerous thing about them. The inability to have free will. Because what happens when they come face to face with people they used to love? People from their old life?”
With both of us enthralled in his speech, the boy smirked. “They kill them. Family members and friends. With one simple order? BAM.” Harry jumped, and I am ashamed to say I did too. Rowan blew his imaginary finger guns. “With one single and yet perfect headshot, it’s allll over. There’s blood EVERYWHERE. There’s brains!” He giggled. “Brains! And it’s like, sooo gross.”
With the way he kept adding to his story, getting progressively more excited and practically vibrating in the chair, the boy was reminding me more and more of my little sister. Which terrified me. Because if this was him back to himself, was this his new normal?
“Rowan, stop.” It took every ounce of my being not to yell at him. “You’re acting like a fucking child.” I was frowning at a sign on the wall warning us to ‘mind our head’. It wasn’t even a low ceiling, and yet that was the fourth time I had seen that sign.
Harry looked mildly horrified. Usually, he was the one who told the ghost stories. I could tell even he was questioning his own identity at that moment, and I paused interrogating him with phrases. “I’m sorry, but who out of us ate our weight in animal crackers?”
“Against my will.” Rowan yawned again, doing another spin on the chair. I had to turn around and shoot him a glare. “That’s the second time you’ve thrown me being turned into a kid in my face. Which is not fair. Did I ask to be stuffed full of poison?"
“Well, you didn’t exactly fight against Eleanor.”
“I was tied up, asshole—and I’m pretty you were in la-la land at that point.”
“I’m allergic to peanut butter, so no,” Harry rolled his eyes. “I snapped out of it when my body reminded me.”
“That sounds like a you problem, dude.”
Harry groaned, tipping his head back. “Holy shit, Rowan. You used to be cool and now you’re like an annoying little brother.”
“Shut up. Both of you.” I found my voice, grabbing a pen and scribbling out the first line of trigger phrases which were a no-go.
“Rowan, annoyingly, is right.” I said, ignoring the guy’s noise of glee. If he kept spinning around on that chair, I was going to kill him.
The blur of movement at the corner of my eye was driving me mad. Focusing on Harry, I took a break from the trigger phrases for a moment, poking him in the cheek. It was supposed to be light-hearted, but the guy looked offended.
“For the third time, we can’t ignore that at some point you have signed off on all of those files, which means you were part of Spearhead.” I shrugged. “I’m not saying you are, but we have to be smart if we’re going to survive against a group of deranged scientists.”
Rowan chuckled. “What she saiiiiiid.”
"Why aren't we paying attention to the guy who clearly has allegiance to those freaks?” Harry stuck out his tongue at Rowan, which was surprising on multiple levels. Wasn’t he supposed to be the normal one? “Aren't you their favorite counselor?"
"I was literally mind controlled by preservatives, asshole," Rowan shot back. "And I'm not the only one. You and Carmel are on their radar too."
"Yeah, but we’re not the ones playing with eyes.”
"I'm too tired to argue with you." The boy responded in a yawn, cuddling into the chair armrest like a cat. “Also… you’re a noodlehead.”
“Ignore him.” I told Harry. “Just focus on me, alright? You have to look at me.”
“It’s time to make the donuts.” I articulated it perfectly.
Harry surprised me with a laugh. “That one can’t be real.”
“It is. Shush.” I cleared my throat. “The strawberry moon will rise in July.” When nothing happened, I frowned. “Maybe I’m not saying them right.” I peered at the next one, mentally speaking it and then muttering it to myself to get an idea of the tone.
“Or,” Harry shrugged, pulling at his restraints. “I’m just spit-balling here, but maybe I’m NOT a secret government sleeper agent after all?”
“Be mindful of the deep ravine.” This time I practically shouted it in his face, only to get his wide smile in return.
“Josie, this isn’t working.”
“It will.” I was growing increasingly more frustrated. “Just try and listen to them, okay? Don’t push them out.”
I tried one more time, leaning close and scrunching up the sticky note in my hand. Harry’s expression stayed stoic, though from the contortions in his forehead and the twitch in his lips he was trying so hard not to laugh. “It looks like it will rain tonight.”
I was surprised, then, when Rowan jolted in the chair suddenly. He lifted his head, his eyes wide. I was seeing him back to his usual self for the flicker of a second, his expression contorted with fright, lips curling into a scowl. “Do you guys smell that?”
“Smell what?” I sniffed the air, but there was nothing which was out of the ordinary. I had grown used to the combined stink of our body odour.
Rowan wrinkled his nose. He sat up straighter. “That.” He whispered. “It smells like… burning.”
I opened my mouth to ask what he meant before Harry went stiff suddenly. I sensed his entire body seem to brace itself. His eyes hardened. “Untie me.” He said in a croak.
When my shaking hands went to the boy’s restraints, his were balled into fists. I glimpsed muscles bulging through the back of his shirt and forearms. His demeanour reminded me of an animal growing territorial. “Something is… wrong,” he said in a sharp breath. Harry’s frightened eyes found mine. “Wrong.” He said again, blinking rapidly. “Something is...wr–wrong. ” When I pulled the last of the rope from his arms, Rowan shocked me with a piercing cry which sent him tumbling off of the chair, his trembling hands planted over his ears, lips carved into an O.
His eyes were wide with terror, with agony I couldn't understand. Childish terror. Which catapulted him back to his real age.
Before I could hesitate, I was crawling over to him, attempting to snap the boy out of it. But he was inconsolable, his eyes almost unseeing, his body contorting with every shriek. It took me a moment to realize Harry was the same. But instead of a piercing shriek of a scream, he was wailing into his knees, as if to escape something.
His body seemed to jolt left and right, like he was being electrocuted. When I saw glimpses of sharp red pooling between his fingers and down the back of his neck, something sickly crept up my throat. Rowan was somehow worse, his whole face contorting like it was it's own separate being, rivulets of intense red dripping from his nose and mouth, and staining his hands desperately pressed over his ears.
It was a synchronised cry, I realized, after concluding that no matter what I did, I couldn't save them.
It was a sound only they could hear, a high-pitched screech like a dog-whistle which was only affecting them. It was the kids, I thought. Surely. If they could disembowel counselors, I was sure they would have no problem engineering a sound which would only affect certain people.
Stumbling back, I had two choices. I could either try and help them, try and block out this phantom noise slowly killing them-- or I could leave them and find a safer place. With that choice in my mind, I barely noticed the phone begin to ring under Allison's desk.
That same old fashioned trilling rang in my head, and I managed to reach under and grab the receiver, my heart in my throat. "Please." I managed to squeak out, trying to ignore Harry, who was trying to rip out his hair, his eyes rolling into the back of his head. I saw the whites, blood vessels popping one by one.
When he crumpled to the ground, I thought he was dead. But his wails continued into the floor, and I wanted them to stop. I wanted him to die because I couldn’t stand hearing him screaming for help which wasn’t coming. I couldn't help them, and it was killing me. The kids were clearly trying to smoke us out, this time targeting the boy’s. Still though, I had my secret weapon. The Spearhead project.
"There are three of us left," I panted down the phone. "You have to help us. I am at Camp Redwood. You need to get us out of here. Do you hear me? You need to get us out–"
“Attempts to fix the current situation have been unsuccessful, Miss Greenfield," the woman with the British accent's voice came through in a rush of static, cutting me off. Her voice was monotone, and I wondered if she was in fact a programmed bot.
"All efforts for manual activation have failed from the disaster zone. The signal appears to have been sabotaged. I repeat. The E.485 frequency has been sabotaged. Designated models 0115, 0116, and 0118 are now officiated as being faulty and are no longer needed for protocol 9AXC5. Please stand by for standard protocol deactivation. Thank you for your service. Agent Salta. Agent Elsilrac. Agent Lemrac.”
My grip loosened on the phone, and I felt my legs started to give-way. "You're the one doing this to them?”
When Rowan dropped to his knees, blood dripping from his nose, my stomach jumped into my throat. There was no way. I figured it was an attack from the kids, but I was wrong. Instead, this sound, this frequency, was coming from the phone.
I thought back to the video footage. Agent Lemrac interviewing Eleanor Summers. Harry's signature on the paperwork. “Can you… say that again?” I heard myself say in a breath. But the dead ringing tone was already clanging in my skull, a robotic countdown laced within the static. I grabbed the pen I had been writing with, scribbling those names down, my hands shaking.
“Preparing emergency shutdown protocol. Thank you for your service, Agent Salta, Elsilrac, Lemrac.” The voice continued, which was just another stab in the gut. I heard Salta before. I heard Lemrac. But writing them down, I realized what they meant.
I was a fucking idiot. No wonder the littles wanted them and Carmel— why they were so important to their plan. Slowly, I could feel myself start to crumble. The phone slipped from my clammy hands, but I could still hear the woman beginning an emergency shut down.
I didn’t feel the impact when my knees hit the ground, but I did start to sense something twisted and sour tickling the back of my nose and throat. By the time I had noticed it, it was already choking the bunker. But somehow, I didn’t care about the stars in my eyes or my own blood being projected onto my hands with every wet sounding cough exploding from my lungs. I could still hear their names, and every time I said each of them, more and more of me shattered.
Laying on my back while my head spun, I was partially aware the boy’s screaming had cut off.
Instead, they were just sitting there, eyes wide and unseeing, the blankest I had ever seen them. There was so much blood running down their faces, and I imagined something rooted inside of them tearing their minds apart from the inside. Letting out another strangled cough, which was definitely biological warfare courtesy of the kids, my gaze flicked across the bunker, taking everything in. The paperwork we had been going through. The chair Rowan had been spinning around on. The ropes Harry’s arms had been entangled in. I was frowning at the walls, and then the ceiling. “Please mind your head when you step down the stairs.”
Drinking in the words slowly, my cotton candy thoughts imploding into one blurry mess.
But then I was a little more awake, this time turning my gaze to the wall where the same sign had been taped to the wall. Please mind your head when you step down the stairs.
And… there it was again, taped to the desk, and underneath the laptop. Hidden in plain sight. It had been there all along, and yet I only realised when I wasn't thinking about it, when my mind was being suffocated. Something seemed to snap inside of me, and I sat up, driven by pure adrenaline. With one hand pressed over my mouth and nose, I forced myself into a sitting position and dragged myself to Harry, whose head was lolled at an unnatural angle, his eyes closed.
Part of me wanted to smash up the phone, knowing what these bastards had done to their sleeper agents now they were no longer usable. The boy almost resembled a doll. Was this the so-called sleeper which had been planted inside Redwood? Empty eyes, empty everything. He was like a shell with a human face. No better than Eleanor's experiments.
When I grabbed hold of his arms, I had to hold him steady, his body cut from these puppet strings which had held him. “Harry.” I could barely speak, my voice more of a croak. I knew he was awake and aware, but a singeing, almost burning smell was coming from directly inside his head as blood ran from his nostrils in shades of red and pink. Now I knew what the burning was when I pressed my face against his and sucked in a lungful of poisoned air. It was him. He was a defect being set alight from the inside. “You need to look at me, okay?”
When he didn’t, instead crumbling in my arms, I struggled to hold him upright. Twisting my head to Rowan, he seemed in a better state—kind of. At least he was still sitting straight.
My last words were barely audible. “Please mind your head when you step down the—” no sooner had the words left my mouth before the sounds of footsteps coming from above, the unmistakable murmur of giggling getting closer and closer. Harry dropped to the ground like he had been severed from his puppet strings.
I wasn’t aware when I slipped to the floor, whatever had filled my lungs finally taking its toll. Through flickering eyes, I could see our barricade being blown through, the ground rumbling beneath me, throwing me into something warm.
His body was curled up against the wall, haemorrhaging from the ears.
It was only when I was truly taking in the stink curling in the back of my nose and throat as Eleanor Summer’s mechanical grin popped out of nowhere, when I realized I had smelled it before. I had choked on it before. The circle of kids looming above me let out a shrill squeak of, “Found you!” while I found the dark, and beyond that, a memory I thought was a dream.
Firelight flickered in the backs of my eyelids. The blur of orange and shadowy smoke was mesmerising. I stared real hard at the fire like I was told to, at smouldering shades of yellow and orange colliding, thick black smoke billowing into the air while our faces illuminated the circle. I tightened my grip on my beer, swallowing another mouthful. It was cheap shit, but had just enough burn to get me tipsy. I felt good at that moment. Relaxed.
My head was starting to spin, but it was the good spinning, like I was going round and around on a carousel. I wasn't sure why I felt apprehension at the moment.
It was just a game, right? So, why did I want to jump up and go home? Why did I want to squeeze my eyes shut? Milo's words rattled in my skull as I squinted into the fire. "Come forth, those who are no longer with us." Ghosts weren't real, I thought dizzily. They couldn't be.
Not when science and logic existed. However, when the flames began to grow increasingly more erratic, I couldn't resist leaning forward, and... there. Something warm crept its way up my throat.
There was a shadow twisted in the smoke, a very human-like thing stepping directly from the trees, from the hollowed darkness I had been too scared to fully take in-- finding solace in flickering and illuminated sparks spitting from the fire. The others started to murmur to each other as the thing took a step out of the trees. Clea shuffled back with a cry, and Milo and JJ turned twin shades of sickly pale. It was a guy.
Older, by maybe a year. Shaggy reddish hair tied into a loose ponytail. His clothes were a simple leather jacket and jeans, but looking at his face, he was bruised, every part of him exhausted and battered. His eyes, when I caught them, were nothing but twin pools of oblivion glaring back at us.
"Holy fuck." Milo hissed out. “I didn't think that would actually work!" Downing his beer, he whooped. "Alright! Name, age, occupation, and..."
His lips quirked into a grin. "How you died, man!”
The guy inclined his head, his mouth curling into the start of an amused smile. "I'm not a ghost, Jackass."
His British accent was jarring.
"And?" Milo leaned back, crossing his legs. "Play along, bro. Or I call the cops and tell 'em a grown ass man is fucking with some minors."
"But he looks our age," Clea hummed. "And he's kinda cute."
"I don't give a fuck," Milo's eyes were hard. "State your truth, or I get my dad on the line."
The guy rolled his eyes, raising both arms like he was surrendering. "Samuel Joseph Wilder," he surprised me by responding. Now that I looked at him, this guy definitely was not dead. Unless dead people carried a gun latched to their belt, and a cheap iPhone sticking from their jeans pocket. "Nineteen years old." He shrugged. "I guess you could say I'm an ex-student."
He paused, and I caught emotion flicker across his face, his hands balling into fists. "I was killed– no, murdered, by my town."
Milo leaned back, cracking open another beer and taking a sip. Clea leaned closer to him, her eyes wide. “Playing along, huh? I like it. State your truth."
The guy nodded, lowering his arms. His dark eyes flicked to each of us, drinking all of us in. “I just escaped from a secret government facility doubling as a summer camp which has converted half of my town’s kids into mindless super soldiers.”
There was a pause, before Clea burst into nervous giggles. Milo cocked his head. “I said state your truth, not plagiarise The Hunger Games.”
Ignoring Milo, the guy turned his eyes to me. "Josie Greenfield?" He took a step forward before seemingly deciding against it. I didn't move or speak, my heart in my throat. I didn't have to reply. This strange boy continued, his lips curling. "You're going to die tonight, Josie."
At that moment, I realized why I had been feeling nauseous all night. Why my mind had been anticipating something all day, and why, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't brush off his words. Maybe part of me was expecting this.
The stranger's tone was too cold to ignore, the state of him too real to brush off as a joke.
Suddenly, it was just me, him, and fate itself glaring down on us, my life as I knew it exploding into nothing in the charred remains of the dying fire.
His voice echoed in my head, collapsing into white noise, when I noticed how truly inhuman he looked. I fully took him in, illuminated in firelight. "If you don't get the fuck out of this town, you are going to have the same fate as me."
I’m going to go out on a whim and say it’s… not 2018 and I’ve been at Camp Redwood for way longer than I realized?
More tomorrow, I hope. I’ve got nothing else to do. I still need to tell you how I ended up here.
submitted by Trash_Tia
to nosleep [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 21:00 The_Fallen_1 [THJVerse] Arcane Starfarers - ep 41 - Non-alien tech support
Daniel heaved up Hannah’rah to prevent her from falling off of his back as he carried her back from their walk, which she happened to misjudge the length of. He didn’t mind too much, as she was fairly light, but the frequency that it was happening made him suspicious that she might be doing it on purpose.
“Hey, sleepy, you still awake?” he asked.
“Mmh?” she quietly replied.
“If you’re this tired, I’m not sure we’ll make the gaming tournament tomorrow.”
“I’ll be fine, ‘s why I’m resting now.”
“Uh huh. And do get to rest as well at some point, right?”
“You need less sleep than me,” she mumbled.
“Any chance I can sleep in a little and wake up to a nice breakfast?”
“Thank you,” he replied, turning his head and kissing her on the lips.
Daniel yawned as he woke up, looking around his room on the Trailmaker, and at Hannah'rah who was still asleep next to him. He gently stroked her head for a moment wondering if there was any chance he could get her planet side with him, maybe even to go on a walk like they used to, but with her duties to defend the ship, especially with an open connection to the station, and the fact that there wasn't anything that only she could do down on the planet, he realised it was practically impossible. He instead spent his waking energy running through his spell exercises, manipulating a weighted ball on the desk completely with magic and getting used to holding spells for a longer period of time. As he did it, he attempted to recall some of his dream again, but all he could remember of it was that it was based on a memory of them hiking together.
As he was doing so, he realised that it had been a while since he'd attempted to speak with Ordos, and now that he was back in UPC space, there was a better chance of success. He uttered an invitation, and waited. 'There's a reason us Deities don't respond all the time, you know,'
Ordos told him. 'Sorry, but I had to try again to see if I could,'
Daniel apologised. ‘What did you wish to ask?’
Ordos asked. ‘You probably know, but I have two questions. The first is, am I the first person to align with you?’ ‘You are currently the only person aligned with me. A sort of test, if you will,’
the God confirmed. ‘Thank you, and second, are you here in this system?’ ‘No, I’m on Earth, or my main physical form is anyway.’ ‘When I come back to Earth, can I meet you please?’ ‘That depends on many things, and some are unlikely.’ ‘I understand. Thank you for taking the time to speak to me.’ ‘You’re welcome,’
Ordos told him. ‘I do have something for you, however, which is why we’re talking right now. There’s a “friend” of yours on the station, looking to have a chat like before the Trailmaker left port. Do what you will with this information.’ ‘Thank you, Ordos, I appreciate the warning,’
Daniel replied, sensing the connection end.
Daniel adjusted his jacket, making sure it was sitting comfortably over his uniform and obscuring his rank slides and brassard, and disembarked from the Trailmaker onto the station. He mainly wanted to wear it so he wasn’t purely in space uniform when he was planet side, but it would help him be slightly harder to spot in a crowd, as anyone could own a jacket, but not his ranks and awards. He knew he had a little time to kill before his shuttle was ready, so he began to check some of the select civilian stands laid out in a small market that had been allowed to set up shop to sell some things to the Navy personnel, as well as allow the few Langan aboard to try some of the smaller luxuries the UPC had to offer. He joined the back of a small line to a food stall to see if he could grab a few small treats, and he was pleased to see signage saying that everything on sale was rated safe for all species, including Langan.
When he got to the front of the line, he picked up four bars of chocolate, as well as four bottles of cola. He presented his holo to the payment terminal, confirmed the slightly overpriced transaction, and made sure it went through. He smiled at the stall attendant who was just there to restock and deal with any Langan customers, and walked away, stuffing the items into his jacket pockets, securing them properly.
Finding he still had a bit of time, he also headed over to a less busy stall nearby that was staffed by a Lagan looking to make a head start in their new life, selling some copies of Langan items. Daniel had a quick browse, and his eyes landed on a set of books he thought could make a useful tool to help him learn Langan writing a little faster if he decided to learn it. He saw the price and knew he could just wait a few months and get them online for dirt cheap, but he admired the stall keeper's desire to get started out again, so he bought the books which worked out to be about two day’s salary, making the Langan very happy.
He checked the time once again to see that he could probably start boarding the shuttle very soon, so he began to casually make his way towards the shuttle bay, checking his messages to see if anything had come through, finding a few messages from his group of friends welcoming him back to UPC space, and correctly guessing that his ship was the one to make first contact. He sent a quick reply to them all, thanking them and promising to talk properly when he had more time. He also found a message from an unverified source, which he quickly read and deleted, finding the information within to be useful but disappointing, reminding him he still had to sort out the chip he was hiding.
“Lieutenant Daniel Hardbrooks, what a pleasant surprise!”
Daniel stopped as he felt a hand on his shoulder, looking to his side to see someone he didn’t recognise, wearing the stereotypical agent suit. “Wrong person, sorry.”
“Don’t be like that, I just want to have a quick chat, that’s all.”
“I’m not a Lieutenant, and you’re not wearing a Navy ID or a visitor pass, so I strongly suggest you identify yourself before I call for security,” Daniel replied.
“Agent Johnson, CSB,” the man told him, flashing their ID.
“Ok, but you’ve still got the wrong person, and I don’t have a lot of time, so sorry, and good luck on you manhunt.”
“Sorry, Lieutenant Commander Hardbrooks,” the man apologised in a snide tone.
“I still don’t have time, goodbye,” Daniel replied, walking away.
"I'm afraid I really need to talk," the Agent insisted, grabbing Daniel's left arm to prevent him from walking away.
"I politely request you let go."
"There's a quiet room down the way where we can talk."
"I strongly suggest you let go," Daniel sternly persisted.
"And I strongly suggest you come with me," the Agent warned him, glancing at Daniel's arm as it beeped, indicating something that shouldn't be used accidentally had just been powered on.
"I am giving you one-"
"Come on, Lieutenant Commander, you're holding up the shuttle."
Daniel looked over his other shoulder as Milla grabbed his other arm and firmly pulled him away from the Agent and towards the shuttle bay, forcing the Agent to let go. Daniel looked back at the Agent, who prepared to give chase, but was immediately confronted with two military police officers.
"Thanks for the save," Daniel told her.
"We're even for you helping me after the jump, right?" she asked, messing with her holo.
"Yeah, sure. How did you kn-"
"Saw the guy arrive yesterday, and heard about your CSB encounter from Hannah'rah. I put two and two together, and got the MPs to keep an eye on him. They probably can't do anything to him, but they can waste his time for not wearing proper ID, which is great for an opportune moment. The timing of me being there to call them over and pull you away was just luck really," she shrugged, closing her holo. "Oh, and by the way, you're on my shuttle now."
"Oh, thanks," he replied, checking the notification as it came through.
"No problem. You'd really think that they'd drop the suit and try to blend in, making sure they at least have fake IDs on display, but nope. It's like everyone there is addicted to century old spy movies or something."
"I know what you mean. A high-vis jacket and a clipboard would be a much better disguise. People might even help you."
"Don't give them ideas," she warned him as she guided him onto a small shuttle, revealing that they were the only two passengers, and when she closed the door, they had complete privacy. "So, why is a government agency after you?"
"I'm not 100% sure, as both times they never managed to get to the point," he shrugged, sitting down and buckling in. "I have a suspicion they want to recruit me, as if they wanted to arrest me, I wouldn't have gotten away so easily. As for where this comes from, well, I have a grey hat background. They could just be trying to find out if I know anything I shouldn't do from that I suppose."
"Grey hat is legal, right?"
"Yes, but you have to tread carefully, as a small slip up can get you in a lot of trouble."
"That's fine then," she replied, signalling to the shuttle pilot on her holo that they were good to go once they were both securely seated. "If that man is still on the station when we return, I think you should stay with me until we're on the ship, just to make it so you can't be singled out."
"So, I'm curious to know what you would have done if I didn't arrive in time."
"Oh, I probably would have tased him and reported him for assault after he didn't let go. He wasn't operating by the books, didn't present his ID well enough for me to verify it, and ignored my requests, so I was about to electricity my arm. After all there was no way for me to know if he was telling the truth, and I'm not going to let myself be taken to an unknown place by a shady person," he explained, slightly smirking. "I am a senior officer after all, it's a massive security risk to the Navy if some crook captures me. I can only comply with MPs while on a Naval facility."
"Sounds reasonable to me," Milla chuckled as the shuttle touched down. "Perfect, we're here."
"That was fast."
"Good shuttle and a good pilot," she explained, disembarking and sending the pilot a message of thanks.
"So, I managed to get planet access to help Oprin, but how did you manage," he asked as the shuttle took off behind them.
"Oh, I just needed some fresh air after my recent incident."
"You're lucky you're a Gater. That excuse would never fly with anyone else."
"Yeah, probably not. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t get special treatment, such as the ear of MPs, and being able to squeeze friends on private shuttles, instead of slightly more open ones that might have an unwanted ‘friend’ onboard."
“Very lucky and very useful,” he agreed, pulling a bottle of cola and a bar of chocolate out of his pocket. “Here, I was going to give you this when I was back on the ship, but now is as good of a time as any.”
“Giving treats to other women? You’re brave.”
“I’m giving them to all my friends. I have the same for Hannah'rah and Oprin,” he explained.
“I’m glad I’m your friend then,” she replied, opening both and having a small amount of each. “So, what are your plans for today?”
“Just help Oprin with whatever she needs.”
“Mind if I tag along? I didn’t really come here with any more plans than to just wander around and help out where I could.”
“It's up to Oprin really.”
Daniel began to lead Milla down various roads, away from the temporary spaceport, and down to the residential area Oprin’s house was located in. The streets stretched for much longer than they did when he left the day before, but the addition of new homes had been halted to save on the currently limited resources, as there were far more than were required for the current residents, plus a tenth of the currently frozen Langan, and more could easily be built when the logistics hiccup had been resolved. Instead, the few deliveries were more focussed on permanent infrastructure, delivering resources to a few construction ships that had landed and started building a small fusion power plant and multi-purpose factories. Ignoring all that though, they continued until they arrived at Oprin’s home, and Daniel knocked on the door, it opening a moment later to reveal Oprin.
“Oh hello, Daniel,” Oprin happily announced. “Oh, Milla too!”
“How are you doing, Oprin?” Daniel asked.
“Good, but having a few issues with some of the new stuff,” she replied. “Come in and sit down.”
Daniel and Milla obliged, entering and noticing that Oprin’s holo was turned on, but waiting on standby mode with half a dozen icons on display, including the mute, 2D mode, and resolution adjustment mode. A few moments later, she put some glasses of water and a plate of biscuits on the table in front of them, and sat down next to them.
“So, how are things?” Daniel asked.
“It’s nice to live somewhere so comfortable, but I wish I understood more of your technology,” she replied.
“The best thing to do is not to overthink things. We try to keep most things as simple as possible so even a young child would have no problems operating things. All you need to do is slow down and think simple,” he told her, holding up the two remotes, one with significantly more buttons than the other. “Let’s start with the holo here. Ignore the programming remote, and just focus on the normal one. The number buttons allow you to switch to a channel quickly if you know the number, but you don’t, so we can ignore those for now, as well as the circle underneath, as we aren’t dealing with menus. Next, we have two flick switches, once for channel, and one for volume. Flick either up to increase either the channel number or volume number, or down to decrease them. The four buttons underneath are for the channel menu, display resize, dimension mode, and mute. The first can be ignored as it hasn’t been translated yet, and the display resize can as well for now. The dimension mode will change it between 2D and 3D, depending on your preference, and the mute turns the sound on or off. Finally, the red button at the top turns the holo on and off.”
“Ok, so how do I get back to the start?” Oprin asked.
“Just a second,” he replied, playing around with the programming remote to undo everything she had done, slowly resetting everything to its default and setting the holo to the state-run news channel. “Ok, there we go.”
“So what’s this now?”
“So this is the most popular new channel. It details the major headlines from all over the UPC, with segments about local news as well. It gives factual and unbiased reports on many things, but given how general it is, it might not always be relevant to you, and given how it does its best to be unbiased, it can be a bit robotic and boring at times. They worry that any significant emotion will impact how viewers perceive different stories, rather than being able to freely interpret it their own way. It’s a good way to catch up on big things, but it gets boring very quickly, so if you want actual entertainment, you can try one of the other channels. There are a fair few more news channels sprinkled about, but the majority of the remaining channels are purely for entertainment.”
“I see,” she replied, flicking through a few, stopping on one that was currently running a program about various types of spaceships, focussing more on personal high-performance ones. She also spent a few moments flipping between 2D and 3D, and eventually settled on 2D, as she could pick up some faint lighting issues thanks to the sunlight with 3D.
“Also, just so you’re aware, though you don’t have to look now, there are some subscription streaming services that allow you to watch premium content on demand, but you will have to pay and the controls to navigate aren’t as simple. Just so you know if you end up looking for more in the future. They also don’t break up what you’re watching with advertisements.”
“How frequent are the advertisements?” Oprin asked.
“It depends on the channel. State-run ones don’t have any, aside from advertising new shows that will be on that channel later, but some of the others can run up to five minutes of ads every 15-30 minutes.”
“Sounds better than our radio already. About half of the broadcast was advertisements on a good day, and the other half were carefully curated news stories.”
“Sounds like it wasn’t much fun to listen to,” Milla commented.
“No, it really wasn’t. Thankfully, I was too young at the time to have any interest in it.”
Hi all, just wanted to sorry if the dream sequence felt a little odd for what I normally do. I wanted to make some small changes based on some feedback to show a little more of Daniel and Hannah'rah's past, which is hard to do in the current situation.
I also wanted to make people aware of the Reddit blackout protest happening on the 12th of June. I just wanted to say that I will continue to post my episodes here during the blackout in case any of you are worried, partly due to the sub not taking part in it as well as me not wanting to disrupt your entertainment, but I do agree with the premise behind it and encourage people to look into it if they are unaware of what’s going on.
submitted by The_Fallen_1
to HFY [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 20:59 Chemical-Loquat8511 Looking at Matt Holliday stuff… love to see someone selling his kid’s autograph for $100. *He’s a Sophomore in High School*
2023.06.07 20:58 TaxGreat2308 Need help on deciding between two offers
Offer 1 - Data Engineer - Base 105k, 20 PTO - Tech: SQL/Python, Snowflake, dbt, AWS, Spark, Docker, Airflow - Pros: The tech stack is exactly what I want. Seems to have good culture (DevOps like team, emphasis on CI/CD, testing and integration, Infrastructure as code) - Cons: small (<100 employees, though not a startup just a part of a larger company), not much info on WLB / job security to be honest but people seem to stay long time, benefit is not so great
Offer 2 - Data Engineer - Base 125k, 12k target bonus, 16 PTO - Tech: SQL/Python, BigQuery, GCP - Pros: Huge name recognition (not big name in tech but it’s Fortune Top 10), massive dataset, great job security and WLB (as far as I heard) - Cons: a brand new team in big org. company is GCP heavy and potential to adapt other company-wide used tech like Airflow or Spark but there will be lots of legacy migration too. It’s also in Data Management/Governance team, not sure what that would entail but seems like there will be some of business side responsibility as well.
I don’t think I can match A with B as I already accepted A offer few weeks ago. I feel that A closely aligns with what I really want to do so I gladly accepted it, but B offer arrived few weeks later just now. Honestly It seems to be a great opportunity and about 30% more in comp so I am contemplating. I am just not sure about the uncertainty of being in data governance team (as well as such a new team) as I am not familiar with the subject. Which offer should I choose?
submitted by TaxGreat2308
to dataengineering [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 20:57 IM1252 Lyft had jokes at 2am.
2023.06.07 20:57 Gh0stL0rd1992 Muwahaha
2023.06.07 20:57 SILV3RAWAK3NING76 SILVER hits $24oz then the MASSIVE familiar takedown bar at one of their favourite times 14:00 UTC ; 36,265,000oz traded in 15 minutes price drops see pic time stamp and the 7,253 contracts of 5,000oz.
2023.06.07 20:57 UnleashedZAZA Come on guys. We need a 100 round magazine. Who’s with me. 👊👊
submitted by UnleashedZAZA to Hammerli [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 20:57 Inkhappens WTS - OPEN - A lil bit of sparkle! (Little Pen Designs & Benu Chameleons)
Heyo! It’s that time again. I have a new pen on the horizon and I’m looking to adjust my collection to help pay for it. Please know these are all in great condition- they’re just not getting the love that they should as compared to others and I feel like it’s time to let go. All pens are rated very conservatively.
Paypal goods and services only, as per rules. Reply in the thread. Shipping is $5, CONUS only unless you buy as a pair or the full lot as marked. Feast your eyes on these babies!
***Buy all 4, price is $440 and that includes shipping.
*** Little Pen Designs Blue/Black [B+] - $130 OBO + shipping - F nib
- Comes with original box & converter, the DiamondCast card that came w/ it as well as the artist card. Marked as "Acadia" pen style. Alumilite Resin/DiamondCast. Little Pen Designs Rainbow [B+] - $130 OBO + shipping- EF nib
- Comes with original box (which has a section of it crushed as a hole to allow the pen to fit. It came that way.) & converter, the DiamondCast card that came w/ it as well as the artist card. Marked as "Acadia Long" pen style. Alumilite Resin/DiamondCast. If the above are bought as a pair, it’s $250 flat, I’ll eat the shipping. They are JOWO #6 nibs BENU Graceful Chameleon (Green/purple) [B+] - M nib - $100 OBO + shipping
- Comes with original box & converter. BENU Dreamy Chameleon (Blue/purple)[B] EF nib - $100 OBO + shipping
- Comes with converter. No original box. If bought as a pair, I’ll waive shipping. They are Schmidt nibs.
submitted by Inkhappens
to Pen_Swap [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 20:57 Thisismyartaccountyo [US][SELLING] One Piece, Dorohedoro Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man Merch Sale
Payment: Paypal Shipping 3-8$ Depending on order weight Shipping Free Over if the order is over 45
Contact me if interested, I'm reasonable!
If you have any questions about measurements or anything feel free to ask. Proof it's a me.
|One Piece Items ||Selling Price ||IMAGES |
|Luffy Vs Sanji Battle Selection Poster ||8$ ||Images |
|Luffy 3rd Gear Plate ||9$ ||Images |
|Whitebeard Plate ||9$ ||Images |
|Luffy and En Face Plate ||9$ ||Images |
|Law Plate (2 Available) ||9$ ||Images |
|Ace Plate ( |3 2 Available) |9$ ||Images |
|Nami Glass cup (2 Available) ||9$ ||Images |
|Charotte Pudding Glass Cup ||9$ ||Images |
|One piece Red Poster ( |2 1 Available) (11x14in) |17$ ||Images |
|Luffy/Zoro & Shakes/Yamato Post Cards ||8$ ||Images |
|Small Luffy/Nami Robin Clear file ||5$ ||Images |
|One Piece x Mangart Beams T x Bandai Usopp Tshirt 2004 ||35$ ||Images |
|Manga Spread (3 Available) ||10$ ||Images |
|One Piece Oddessy 2 Page Spread ||10$ ||Images |
|Different Manga Spread ( |2 1Available) |10$ ||Images |
|One Piece Red Film and Detective Conan Stickers ||6$ ||Images |
|One Piece Treasure Cruise Donquixote Doflamingo Concept Art Board ||15$ ||Images |
|Nami One Piece Treasure Cruise Concept Art Board ||15$ ||Images |
|One Piece Treasure Cruise Luffy Concept Art Board ||15$ ||Images |
|One Piece All Star Luffy Concept Art Board ||15$ ||Images |
|Luffy Clearfile ||12$ ||Images |
|Crocodile and Whitebeard Clear Files ||15$ ||Images |
|Law and Chopper Clear Files (Unopened) ||16$ ||Images |
|One Piece All Star Luffy Concept Art Board ||15$ ||Images |
|Dorohedoro Item ||Size ||Selling Price ||IMGUR |
|Dorohedoro Noi Shin Cospa Hoodie ||M ||100$ ||Images |
|Dorohedoro En Family Dorohedoro 2016 MHz Shop Shirt ||M ||50$ ||Images |
|Dorohedoro 2013 Shou Dorohedoro Glow in the Dark Shirt MHz Shop Shirt ||M ||70$ ||Images |
|Dorohedoro 2019 Caiman Shirt Pop-up Store ||M ||85$ ||Images |
|Dorohedoro 2019 Nikaido Shirt Pop-up Store ||M ||85$ ||Images |
|Dorohedoro 2019 Noi Shirt Pop-up Store ||M ||85$ ||Images |
|Dorohedoro 2020 Hungry Bug Coach Jacket Natalie Store ||M ||135$ ||Images |
|Jujutsu Kaisen Items ||Size ||Selling Price ||IMGUR |
|Jujutsu Kaisen x RAGEBLUE 2020 Gojo Satoru Coach Jacket ||M ||135$ ||Images |
|Jujutsu Kaisen x RAGEBLUE 2020 Kugisaki Nobara Coach Jacket ||L ||135$ ||Images |
|Jujutsu Kaisen Zero Movie Manga || ||15$ ||Images |
|Jujutsu Kaisen Zero Movie Small Poster || ||15$ ||Images |
|Large Doubesided Jujutsu Kaisen Yuji/Yuta Gojo/Geto Poster 20x14.5" || ||15$ ||Images |
|Chainsaw Man Items ||Size ||Selling Price ||IMGUR |
|Limited Chainsaw x Glamb Devil MA-1 Bomber Jacket ||L ||350$ ||Images |
|Denji/Quanxi Small Blanket ||S ||25$ ||Images |
submitted by Thisismyartaccountyo
to mangaswap [link] [comments]