Izuku has a combination quirk fanfiction
Would you keep Jarry if you could get him for a short term extension?
2023.06.07 20:43 penguins2946 Would you keep Jarry if you could get him for a short term extension?
I was looking around for some free agent projections, and I found an analytics website called AFP Analytics that has a sizable google sheets page listing out a bunch of contract projections. It's here if you want to dig through it: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y8djdJG5PBDpRBge1_g2w4llcwUjSYqKlMlccVN58Hk/edit#gid=0
One thing that caught my eye was the projection for Jarry. I think most people here have been expecting him to get at minimum a long term, $6 million AAV or so extension, and I think most people here aren't interested in bringing him back at that price. However, the projection from AFP only has him at $4.8 million a year for 4 years. That combined with what Gavrikov just did (took a shorter deal to be a UFA when the cap rises again in 2 years) gave me an idea: would you keep Jarry around if you could get him to a reasonable AAV, low term deal?
For example, let's say you can sign Jarry for a 3 year, $5 million AAV deal. Would you bring back Jarry in that case? The three options I put in the poll are yes, no and yes if you can upgrade on DeSmith.
I included that 3rd option because that's where I think I ultimately fall in. If you can get say a Jarry-Varlamov goalie tandem for $8 million a year, I'm pretty happy with their goaltending situation. View Poll
submitted by penguins2946
to penguins [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 20:41 thelucas2000 Let's talk about Jessie - Is she redeemable?
Jessie is one of our beloved Super Rare brawlers in the game right now, being a fan favourite by many but severely weighted down by her kit right now thus making her a very ineffective brawler in competitive.
Jessie's role and flaws
Jessie's role is to be a support brawler who has a bouncing shot that helps control enemy teams (similarly to Belle), by having an attack that bounces up to 2 extra times after shocking an opponent.
Her other role is to use her turret too to help hold off specific choke points (mostly behind unbreakable walls), while having a gadget that helps turn Jessie into an aggro brawler.
Jessie however has a flaw - there is not much reason to use her.
Currently, in the meta there are better support/controller brawlers like Crow or Penny who have better splash potential or better slowing abilities (slowing toxin, clay pigeons, Bea's super). Because of this, Jessie is severely outclassed and playing her in other maps where these brawlers are not as good is not an option either since Belle fills her role and her turret has not enough range to compete against other turrets like Penny's.
In addition, there is also the problem that the Star Power energize is too influential for Jessie to even consider using shocky, I'm inclined to saying that it does not matter how much one buffs shocky, energize will ALWAYS be be the better star power unless Supercell purposely
kills this Star Power.
How COULD Jessie be rebalanced to be more viable while not breaking the meta in lower trophies and such?
I have had an idea the past two months or so for a Jessie touchup to help her stand out more and give her more utility that I shared in a post made by u/Adrian_Supercell
The idea would be to implement Jessie's Energize Star Power into her main kit, but rework it.
This would be her new TRAIT:
- Energize now only heals turrets 200HP per shot.
- Can be used on any FRIENDLY turtets.
Alongside with a health buff of 300 HP at max level (4,500 to 4,800) to help even out the balance between Jessie and Penny.
This would require a new Star Power to replace the Energize one, probably being one that gives turrets a "boost" after being energized for a few seconds or maybe something else unrelated.
Explanation behind the rework
The reasons behind this rework are three:
- This would give Jessie a unique role which is also fitting with her character and kit (an engineer who can fix other turrets... Like an engineer).
- The rework aims to make energize a less polarizing star power with the added benefit that Jessie now has this unique role opening up a completely new type of meta strategy not seen in the game since 2019.
- With the rework better balancing Jessie's energize Star Power so it is not as good in lower trophies and difficult to use at first, Jessie now has more room to improve in the meta via the use of Star Powers combined with her trait and this new meta archetype.
You could also argue that her rarity probably prevents something as complex as this, but I don't think this is the case as we have:
- Darryl and Jacky who both have a trait as well
- Penny who has her old star power balls of fire implemented into her kit
- 8-Bit who has a completely unique movement speed compared to any other brawler in the game
- Brawlers like Gus or Carl who have special attributes to their main attack with a lot of tech and strategic aspects (like wall bouncing, blowing up your ghosts or knowing when to summon one)
Essentially, I do not think that giving Jessie a unique ability like this would be too crazy for a super rare brawler. It would for sure be the most unique ability out of all super rares, but it also has its niches like other abilities in this rarity so that is a good balance imo.
Rerun of her stats
To summarize, this would be Jessie in the meta:
- 4,800 HP
- 1,590 Damage maximum / 200 healing per energized shot
- Long Range
- Normal Reload Speed
- Normal Movement Speed
- 4,950 HP
- 390 Damage
- Long Range
Let me know your thoughts below and thanks for reading!
submitted by thelucas2000
to BrawlStarsCompetitive [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 20:41 ClarksvilleCitizen Ratio of APM and VS: Gauging strength
I joined Tetrio in 2021 and have played over 1000 Tetra League matches. Before I play against my opponent, I always take a look at their three stats, of which the relationship between APM and VS score is most important.
A good way to gauge a player's strength is to calculate the difference between their VS score and twice their APM. Let's say someone has 60 APM and 120 VS score. I double the APM value to be 120 and subtract the VS score from 120, resulting in 0. That person probably has average attack and defense. On the other hand, if a person has 70 APM and 130 VS score (which is quite common in high SS / low U), that person has very weak defense since the value from the calculation is -10 (because 130 minus twice of 70).
This formula doesn't work well for X ranked players.
If your calculated value difference is:
- +30 or more: You'll be placed in X rank sooner or later. (e.g. 70 APM, 180 VS)
- If your difference is +15 or greater and you're competing against someone with a difference of 0 or less: don't try to play faster unless when necessary. Look at your opponent's board and see what that person is doing.
- If your opponent is a PC opener main: use TKI. This is the only opener I use (and I use it quite frequently). If TKI is not possible, use 3 or 4 pieces to set up a mini T-spin. That way, you'll be able to utilize back-to-back in your second or third bags.
- If your opponent doesn't use PCs but is still an opener main: wait for the garbage to appear on your board and fill it afterwards with your pieces to backfire your opponent's attack. A big exception is when your opponent is a fourwide main. If that's the case: upstack and fill up half your board, and wait until your opponent is almost done stacking the setup. This will create an opportunity for a spike. After the spike, more likely than not, your opponent will panic and misdrop, and you'll be golden. An alternative way to combat a fourwide when you're good at defense is to spam Mech TSD, but this is discouraged since you'll create clean garbage for your opponent.
- If your opponent is a strider: use a combination of the above. Other openers, such as SDPC, may be necessary. However, do not make openers (except for TKI) a habit. Downstack as quickly as necessary, but don't try to make your PPS the same as your opponent, as you'll lose efficiency very quickly.
- Between +20 and +30: You're a plonker. You have excellent defense. (e.g. 70 APM and 160 VS)
- Between +10 and +20: You have good defense. (e.g. 70 APM and 150 VS)
- Between 0 and +10: You're average. Your defense is on par with your offense. (e.g. 70 APM and 140 VS)
- Between -10 and 0: Your midgame and/or downstacking is bad. (e.g. 70 APM and 130 VS)
- -10 or less: You're a strider or an opener main. Stop doing that. Inflating your stats will not help for harder ranks, and you won't improve your skills. (e.g. 70 APM and 120 VS)
- If your difference is 0 or less and you're competing against someone with a difference of +15 or greater: you need to stack and complete your openers as quickly as possible. Failure to do that will lead to an easy win for the opponent. Practice with cheese mode beforehand.
Nevertheless, keeping your board clean is a must. Happy stacking!
submitted by ClarksvilleCitizen
to Tetris [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 20:41 ohmygravey Early father’s day present from my wife and kids
| || |
I see a lot of young guns posts here so decided to post my own. This was signed recently (well after his accident) and 100% of the proceeds go to his special needs trust. submitted by ohmygravey to hockeycards [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 20:41 newsupdatehindi Top Women Boxers in the Wirld
Top Women Boxers in the World-
We Are Listing the Top Women Boxers in the World can be subjective and may very depending on Various Ranking andPersonal Opinions. However here is a list of Accomplished and Highly Regarded Women Boxers who have made significant contributions to the Sports-
List of Top 20 (Twenty) Women Boxers In The World
📷Photo: Top Women Boxers In the World1.Claressa Shields
- Clarissa Shields is an American professional boxer who has made significant contributions to the sport. Born on March 17, 1995, Shields has achieved remarkable success both as an amateur and professional boxer.
- She made history by becoming the first American boxer, male or female, to win back-to-back Olympic gold medals in boxing. Shields turned professional after the 2016 Olympics and quickly became a dominant force in the sport.
- She became the undisputed middleweight champion, holding all four major world titles simultaneously. Shields' skills, determination, and accomplishments have solidified her status as one of the top female boxers in the world, inspiring a new generation of fighters.
- Katie Taylor is an Irish professional boxer who has left an indelible mark on the sport. Born on July 2, 1986, Taylor is widely regarded as one of the greatest female boxers of all time. She began her boxing career at a young age and quickly rose to prominence. Taylor gained international recognition for her achievements in amateur boxing.
- She won numerous gold medals at the European Championships, World Championships, and most notably, the Olympic Games. Taylor secured a historic gold medal at the 2012 London Olympics, where women's boxing made its debut. In 2016, Taylor made a successful transition to the professional ranks.
- She quickly became a world champion, capturing the WBA lightweight title. Taylor's professional career has been marked by her exceptional technical skills, speed, and relentless work ethic inside the ring.
- Cecilia Brækhus, born on September 28, 1981, is a Norwegian professional boxer who has made a significant impact on women's boxing. Known as "The First Lady," Brækhus has an impressive record and an accomplished career.
- Brækhus is widely recognized for her dominance in the welterweight division. She held multiple world titles simultaneously for over a decade, making her the undisputed welterweight champion from 2014 to 2020.
- During her reign, she successfully defended her titles numerous times, solidifying her position as one of the top female boxers in the world. Brækhus possesses exceptional boxing skills, including speed, technique, and ring intelligence. Her aggressive style and powerful punches have earned her respect and admiration within the boxing community.
- Amanda Serrano, born on October 9, 1988, is a Puerto Rican professional boxer who has made a significant impact in women's boxing. Known for her exceptional power and versatile fighting style, Serrano has achieved remarkable success in multiple weight divisions.
- Serrano holds an impressive record and has won world titles in seven different weight classes, making her one of the most decorated female boxers in history.
- She has showcased her skills and dominance in the super bantamweight, featherweight, super featherweight, lightweight, super lightweight, welterweight, and super welterweight divisions. Throughout her career, Serrano has displayed a devastating knockout ability, with a high percentage of her victories coming by stoppage.
- Her combination of speed, accuracy, and power has made her a formidable opponent in the ring.
- Jessica McCaskill, born on October 4, 1984, is an American professional boxer who has made a name for herself in the sport. Known for her relentless style and aggressive fighting approach, McCaskill has achieved significant success in the welterweight division.
- McCaskill rose to prominence when she pulled off a major upset in 2018 by defeating the previously undefeated and undisputed welterweight champion, Cecilia Brækhus.
- The victory made McCaskill the new unified welterweight champion and signaled her arrival on the boxing scene. Since then, McCaskill has defended her titles and continued to showcase her skills and determination in the ring. Her fighting style is characterized by her high work rate, punching power, and relentless pressure on her opponents.
- McCaskill is known for pushing the pace and imposing her will during fights.
- Terri Harper, born on June 9, 1996, is a British professional boxer who has quickly risen through the ranks to establish herself as a notable figure in women's boxing. Known for her technical skills, determination, and impressive punching power, Harper has made a mark in the super featherweight division.
- Harper's professional career gained significant momentum in 2019 when she won the vacant WBC super featherweight title, becoming the first British woman to hold that particular belt. She showcased her skills and resilience in a thrilling fight against Eva Wahlstrom, earning a unanimous decision victory.
- Since capturing the WBC title, Harper has defended it successfully against tough opponents, solidifying her position as one of the top fighters in her weight class. Her aggressive style and ability to control the ring have made her a challenging opponent for anyone in the division.
- Seniesa "Superbad" Estrada, born on August 25, 1992, is an American professional boxer who has garnered attention for her exceptional speed, technical skills, and impressive boxing IQ.
- She competes in the flyweight division and has made significant strides in her professional career. Estrada's boxing journey began at a young age, and she quickly made a name for herself in the amateur ranks.
- She amassed an impressive amateur record before transitioning to the professional circuit. As a professional, Estrada has showcased her talent and determination. Known for her lightning-fast hand speed and elusiveness, she has delivered exciting performances inside the ring.
- Her ability to move swiftly and land accurate punches has proven to be a significant advantage in her fights.
8. Mikaela Mayer
- Mikaela Mayer, born on July 4, 1990, is an American professional boxer who has quickly risen through the ranks to establish herself as a top contender in the super featherweight division.
- Known for her technical skills, athleticism, and impressive boxing ability, Mayer has made a significant impact in women's boxing. Mayer had a successful amateur career before turning professional in 2017. As an amateur, she represented the United States at the 2016 Rio Olympics, making her mark on the international stage.
- She won multiple national championships and medaled in various international tournaments, showcasing her skill and talent. Since transitioning to the professional ranks, Mayer has demonstrated her exceptional abilities in the ring.
- Her technical proficiency, quick footwork, and precise punching have made her a formidable opponent for anyone in her weight class. She has consistently showcased her boxing IQ and ring generalship in her professional bouts.
9. Delfine Persoon
- Delfine Persoon, born on January 14, 1985, is a Belgian professional boxer who has made a significant impact in the lightweight division. Known for her relentless style and high work rate, Persoon has established herself as one of the top female boxers in the world.
- Persoon's boxing journey began in 2009, and she quickly rose through the ranks with her aggressive fighting style and fierce determination. She has achieved numerous accolades throughout her career, including capturing multiple world titles in the lightweight division.
- One of Persoon's most notable fights took place in 2019 against Katie Taylor, where she contested the undisputed lightweight championship. The fight was highly competitive, with Persoon showcasing her relentless pressure and power punches. Although the decision went in favor of Taylor, many observers believed Persoon's performance warranted a closer outcome.
- Heather Hardy, born on January 25, 1982, is an American professional boxer and former professional mixed martial artist who has made a name for herself in the world of combat sports.
- Known for her resilience, toughness, and entertaining fighting style, Hardy has become a popular figure in women's boxing. Hardy began her combat sports career as a professional boxer before transitioning to mixed martial arts (MMA) in 2017.
- She achieved success in both disciplines, showcasing her skills and determination inside the ring and the cage. As a professional boxer, Hardy has competed in the featherweight and super bantamweight divisions. She has captured regional titles and faced tough opponents throughout her career.
- Hardy's fighting style is characterized by her aggressive approach, quick hands, and ability to adapt to different styles.
- Mariana "Barbie" Juárez, born on January 29, 1980, is a Mexican professional boxer who has achieved notable success in the flyweight and super flyweight divisions. Known for her skill, durability, and longevity in the sport, Juárez has become a prominent figure in women's boxing. Juárez's boxing journey began in 1998, and she quickly rose through the ranks with her technical proficiency and ability to adapt to different styles.
- She has captured multiple world titles throughout her career, establishing herself as one of Mexico's most accomplished female boxers.
- With her fast hands and precise punching, Juárez has showcased her skills in numerous bouts against top-ranked opponents.
- Her ability to effectively counter and her ring generalship have been key elements in her success.
- Nicola Adams, born on October 26, 1982, is a retired British professional boxer who has left an indelible mark on women's boxing.
- Known for her speed, technical skill, and pioneering spirit, Adams is widely regarded as one of the most influential figures in the sport. Adams first rose to prominence during the 2012 London Olympics, where she made history as the first woman ever to win an Olympic boxing gold medal.
- Her victory in the flyweight division captured the attention of the world and helped catapult women's boxing into the mainstream.Following her Olympic success, Adams turned professional in 2017.
- She went on to claim the WBO flyweight title in just her fifth professional bout, showcasing her talent and adaptability in the pro ranks.
- Adams' professional career was unfortunately cut short due to an eye injury, leading to her retirement in 2019.
- Hannah Rankin, born on June 27, 1990, is a Scottish professional boxer who has made significant strides in the middleweight and super welterweight divisions.
- Known for her technical skills, toughness, and determination, Rankin has established herself as a formidable competitor in women's boxing.
- Rankin's boxing journey began in 2015, and she quickly showcased her talent and dedication in the ring.
- Her aggressive style, coupled with her ability to effectively counter and utilize her reach, has made her a challenging opponent for anyone she faces.
- In 2018, Rankin made history by becoming the first Scottish woman to win a major world title in boxing.
- She captured the IBO super welterweight title, cementing her status as a rising star in the sport. Since then, she has defended her title and continued to compete against top-ranked opponents.
- Jelena Mrdjenovich, born on September 14, 1982, is a Canadian professional boxer who has achieved remarkable success in the featherweight division.
- Known for her power, aggression, and technical skill, Mrdjenovich has established herself as one of the most accomplished female boxers of her generation. Mrdjenovich's boxing career began in 2003, and she quickly made an impact with her knockout power and tenacity.
- She has captured multiple world titles in the featherweight division, solidifying her status as one of Canada's most decorated boxers.
- Throughout her career, Mrdjenovich has faced top-ranked opponents and consistently showcased her skill and determination inside the ring. Her powerful punches and ability to control the pace of a fight have been key factors in her success.
- Maiva Hamadouche, born on December 4, 1990, is a French professional boxer who has gained recognition for her power, aggression, and impressive knockout record.
- Competing in the super featherweight division, Hamadouche has established herself as one of the top female boxers in her weight class.
- Hamadouche began her professional boxing career in 2011 and quickly showcased her formidable punching power. With a high knockout percentage, she has earned a reputation as a knockout artist, consistently stopping opponents with her devastating punches.
- In 2016, Hamadouche captured the IBF super featherweight title, marking a significant milestone in her career. She successfully defended the title multiple times, demonstrating her skill and dominance in the division.
- Her relentless style and powerful punches have made her a tough matchup for anyone in her weight class.
16. Daniela Romina Bermúdez
- Daniela Romina Bermúdez, commonly known as Daniela Bermúdez, is an Argentine professional boxer who has made significant contributions to the sport, particularly in the super flyweight and bantamweight divisions.
- Known for her technical skill, determination, and work rate, Bermúdez has earned a reputation as one of the top female boxers in her weight classes. Bermúdez began her professional boxing career in 2008 and quickly rose through the ranks, capturing regional titles and facing tough opponents along the way.
- She has showcased her boxing ability and resilience in numerous bouts, often displaying her skillful combination punching and ability to adapt to different styles.
- In 2013, Bermúdez won the WBO female bantamweight title, marking a significant milestone in her career.
- She successfully defended the title multiple times and proved herself as a dominant force in the division.
- Her relentless style, aggressive approach, and solid boxing fundamentals have made her a formidable opponent.
- Yesica Bopp, born on April 11, 1984, is an Argentine professional boxer who has made a significant impact in the light flyweight division.
- Known for her technical proficiency, speed, and agility, Bopp has established herself as one of the top female boxers in her weight class. Bopp began her professional boxing career in 2005 and quickly rose through the ranks with her impressive skills and dominant performances.
- She has captured multiple world titles in the light flyweight division, demonstrating her mastery of the craft and her ability to outbox her opponents.
- Throughout her career, Bopp has showcased exceptional footwork, precise punching, and defensive prowess.
- Her ability to dictate the pace of a fight and effectively counter her opponents has been a key factor in her success.
18. Ewa Piatkowska
- Ewa Piatkowska, born on February 11, 1984, is a Polish professional boxer who has made significant contributions to the sport, particularly in the super welterweight and middleweight divisions.
- Known for her technical skills, toughness, and dedication, Piatkowska has established herself as one of the top female boxers in her weight classes. Piatkowska's boxing journey began in 2007, and she quickly showcased her talent and determination inside the ring.
- With her excellent footwork, combination punching, and defensive abilities, she has been able to effectively compete against high-level opponents. In 2013, Piatkowska captured the WBC super welterweight title, marking a significant milestone in her career.
- She successfully defended the title multiple times, solidifying her status as a dominant force in the division.
- Her disciplined approach to training and her ability to adapt to different styles have contributed to her success.
19. Ramla Ali
- Ramla Ali, born on January 1, 1990, is a Somali-born British professional boxer who has made significant strides in the sport, becoming a symbol of courage, determination, and breaking barriers.
- Known for her inspiring journey and skillful boxing style, Ali has emerged as a rising star in the featherweight division. Ali's path to boxing was unconventional. Having grown up in Somalia, she faced numerous challenges, including cultural barriers and limited opportunities for women in sports.
- However, her passion for boxing led her to pursue her dreams, and she eventually moved to the United Kingdom, where she could train and compete.
- In 2016, Ali made her professional debut and quickly began making waves in the boxing world. Known for her speed, footwork, and technical prowess, she has impressed audiences with her boxing ability and determination in the ring.
20. Savannah Marshall
- Savannah Marshall, born on May 19, 1991, is a British professional boxer who has made significant strides in the super middleweight division.
- Known for her powerful punches, technical skills, and impressive amateur background, Marshall has established herself as one of the top female boxers in her weight class.
- Marshall's boxing journey began in her teenage years, where she quickly made a name for herself as an exceptional amateur boxer. In 2012, she achieved a remarkable feat by winning the gold medal in the middleweight division at the London Olympics, becoming the first British woman to claim an Olympic boxing title.
- In 2017, Marshall turned professional and has since showcased her talent and tenacity inside the ring.
- With her aggressive style, devastating punches, and solid boxing fundamentals, she has been able to dominate her opponents and maintain an undefeated professional record.
Read More.... Cholesterol Lowering Treatment : कोलेस्ट्रॉल कम करने का रामबाण इलाज
submitted by newsupdatehindi
to u/newsupdatehindi [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 20:40 HealthorSkin How to Stop Receding Gums from getting worse?
Why Do Gums Recede?
First of all, you need to know why gum recession occurs normally your gums cover your inner roots and protect them from several damages.
But when they recede, the roots become visible. As a result, the roots of your tooth become weak and lose the protection that healthy gums provide you.
It can cause various oral health issues. So when the roots are exposed. They become more sensitive to tooth decay and increased the risk of tooth loss. Since this can cause problems with your teeth and make your smile look less attractive.
There are main two receding gums stages and further sub-stages:
- Initial gingivitis
- stable gingivitis
Gum recession passes through many stages, each representing the degrees of tissue loss and severity.
Gingivitis is a form of gum disease that causes inflammation in your gums. It mostly occurs by the bacteria called plaque which sticks to your tooth and causes infection.
When this bacteria is not properly removed by brushing. It can irritate the gums which leads to the symptoms such as redness, and swelling, which may cause bleeding during the brushing.
There are also two sub-stages of gingivitis that most people pass through:
- Initial Gingivitis:
In this stage, your gums may appear slightly pink and reddish type and you also feel may be mild discomfort and tenderness and sometimes it may be bleeding while brushing your teeth.
- Stable Gingivitis:
When the gingivitis is in progress the gums become more inflamed and bleed more easily while eating or chewing. The redness and swelling become more visible and you continuously feel bad breath or a bad taste in your mouth
Periodontitis is another form of gum disease. It affects the gums tissues that support your teeth. It normally happens to the inflammation of gums or bacteria that build up slowly around your teeth. If left untreated, periodontitis can lead to tooth loss.
Periodontitis treatment involves dental cleaning, brushing, flossing, and surgery in severe cases. The main cause of periodontitis is bad oral hygiene, smoking, diabetes, medications, and stress. Its symptoms include bad breathe, bleeding gums especially during brushing and receding gums etc.
Treatment Of Periodontitis
Let’s talk a little bit about the treatment of periodontal. It mostly happens by not taking care of your oral hygiene like not brushing or cleaning your teeth.
There are some things you do:
- Maintain your mouth hygiene: Brush your teeth at least 2 times a day and use mouthwash. And don’t forget to clean your tongue. After eating a meal rinse your mouth to out food particles.
- Quit smoking: Smoking plays a very important role in to risk of periodontal disease. So quiet smoking to decrease the chances of gum problems
- Quit alcohol consumption: Drinking alcohol causes dehydration. It leads to a dry mouth that slows the production of saliva. Which play a vital role in rinsing away food particles and harmful bacteria in your mouth which cause gum diseases.
- Balance diet: Good food plays a very important role to maintain healthy gums and teeth. Don’t eat a lot of sugary snacks and limit your intake of soft drinks which are high in sugar. Eat food that is rich in vitamins and minerals. Such as fruits and vegetables which support your gum health
Symptoms Of Gum Recession
The most common sign of gum recession is visible tooth roots and here are the other major symptoms of gum recession:
- Sensitivity: When tooth roots become visible they lost their protective covering which can lead to an increase in the sensitivity of the tooth to heat, cold, and sweets.
- Tooth pain: Gum recession can cause discomfort and tooth pain, especially when eating or drinking.
- Gum inflammation: It can cause redness, swelling, and inflammation in the gums.
- Bleeding Gums: Brushing or flossing may cause the gums to bleed easily.
Gums Receding Causes
The process of gums tissues wearing away or receding is caused by numerous factors. We need to understand that these causes should be prevented to maintain optimal oral health. Here are some main causes of gum recession:
- Bad oral hygiene: The main cause of gum recession is brushing too hard or improperly, which can lead to the buildup of plaque and tarter. Over a period of time, this can irritate gums and causes them to recede.
- Gum Disease: The most common cause of receding gums is periodontal disease or gum disease. It causes gum inflammation and infections, which affect the supporting tissues and structure of gums.
- Smoking or Tobacco Use: Smoking or chewing tobacco products can increase the risk of gum recession. The use of tobacco weakens your immune system and limits your blood flow to the gums.
- Bad nutrition: Gum recession also occurs by not taking an adequate amount of essential nutrients, particularly vitamin C, which can increase the risk of gum recession.
- Misalignment of Teeth: It can create areas that are harder to clean which increases the risk of plaque to buildup in these areas and causes gum recession.
It is important to note receding gums is a slow process that is gradually influenced by a combination of these factors, doing good oral hygiene visit the dentist regularly can help you to prevent gum recession.
Treatment And Pain Solutions Can Gum Recession Reverse?
Sadly gum recession cannot be reverse on its own. Once the tissue of the gums is lost it does not grow back. However, there are some treatments available, that can help to restore your gum health and cover the roots of your teeth.
What Is Receding Gums On One Tooth?
Receding gums on one tooth is a situation in which the tissues around your gum start to wear away or pull back which exposes your tooth’s roots.
The main cause of receding gums on one tooth includes brushing too hard, Periodontitis diseases, bad oral hygiene, or trauma to the gum tissue.
If you not treated it properly it can cause further gum recession, increases sensitivity and tooth decay.
How To Fix Receding Gums?
of receding gums depends on what type of case you faced in gum recession if it is an initial stage then it can be improved by non-surgical treatments. Here we discussed four non-surgical treatments for gum recession:
- Scaling and Root Planing: This is a process of deep cleaning in which a professional dentist removes the plaque and tartar from the roots of the gums. It helps to eliminate bacteria and smooth the surface of a tooth.
- Antibiotics: Topical antibiotics can play an important role in the treatment of gum recession. Your dentist provides you antibiotics in different forms such as mouth rinses, gel, and oral medications. Remember antibiotics are not required for every gums recession. It depends on the severity of the gum disease.
- Laser Therapy: This non-surgical laser treatment is very effective to remove bacteria and tissues that cause infection in your gums, and recover your gum health and reattachment.
- Receding gums braces: In some cases, the dentist recommended orthodontic treatment such as braces and aligners for teeth. Doing proper tooth alignment equally distributes the forces exerted on the gums, which reduce the risk of further gum recession.
8 WAYS TO STOP PAIN IN RECEDING GUMS
I know the pain of receding gums is very uncomfortable and disturbing but don’t worry here are the 8 simple and easy steps you follow you may get relief from gum problems:
- Your Brushing Habits: First of all, change your brushing habits. Avoid it if you are brushing too hard or aggressively it can damage your tooth roots and supporting tissues which can irritate the gums and may cause them to recede.
- Warm Compression: By applying a warm compression of cotton cloth outside of your cheeks near the area which is affected. This can help you to reduce pain and inflammation in your gums.
- Using lukewarm Salt Water: Rinse your mouth with lukewarm salty water (adding a half teaspoon of salt to a cup of warm water) helps you to relieve pain and discomfort in your gums.
- Apply Clove Oil: Clove oil is a natural painkiller. It has analgesic properties by applying a small amount of clove oil to a particular area is very helpful to reduce pain.
- Avoid Smoking: If you are a smoker then it is not good for your gum health. It can delay your gum healing and may worsen your gum.
- Desensitizing Toothpaste: Don’t use whitening or high-fluoride toothpaste. It can worsen your gum pain. We recommend using desensitizing toothpaste which is specifically for sensitive teeth and helps you to relieve pain.
- Using tea bags: Tea has tennis which contains anti- properties applying a warm tea bag to the affected helps to increase the blood flow and relieve pain
- Avoid Clenching or Grinding: Most people have habits to clench or grind their teeth, especially during sleeping which can affect your teeth and gums. Using a mouth guard can help you to protect your teeth and gums.
submitted by HealthorSkin
to u/HealthorSkin [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 20:39 Active_Syllabub6837 Hanzo's One-Shot Potential: A Bigger Issue than Widowmaker? Delving into Overwatch's Sniper Imbalance
The recent statements from "director take news" regarding balance changes of one shot heroes may indicate a disconnect between understanding of the game's issues and the player community's concerns. It seems that the mark is being missed when it comes to identifying the core problems and implementing necessary adjustments. This disconnect is leading to frustration among us players who are eagerly waiting for the game to evolve and improve. It is essential for developers to actively listen to player feedback and consider their perspectives to ensure that balance changes align with the community's expectations and enhance the overall gameplay experience.
Hanzo is the biggest problem in overwatch 2 right now, not Widowmaker.
Why one-shot capability on hanzo should be removed?
- High burst damage: Hanzo's ability to dish out substantial burst damage, especially with headshots, can quickly eliminate heroes, leaving opponents with limited reaction time and counterplay options.
- No weakness: Hanzo is frustrating to play against because of his lack of significant weaknesses. He excels at all ranges, making him effective in both close-quarters combat and long-range sniping, providing few opportunities for opponents to exploit his vulnerabilities. He even counters sombra which can be considered a direct skill-matchup and counter to widow maker or snipers.
- Effective against flying heroes despite being his direct counters: Hanzo can win against Pharah and Echo due to his burst damage potential, faster projectile speed (100 meters per second), vertical mobility due to wall climb and allowing him to get to elevated positions where parah and echo tend to hover, aerial mobility due to his jump and mid-range effectiveness where his arrows maintain their speed and accuracy.
- Projectile Hitbox : His projectile arrows have a generous hitbox, making them forgiving and easier to land compared to hitscan snipers. This can lead to a sense of unfairness and lack of counterplay, as even near misses can result in significant damage or kills.
- Frustrating to play against : Hanzo's high one-shot spam potential, especially with headshots, can quickly eliminate squishy heroes without much chance to react or defend themselves. This one-shot capability can feel oppressive and frustrating, undermining the fair and balanced gameplay that hero shooters strive to achieve.
- Storm arrows: His Storm Arrows ability allows him to rapidly fire multiple arrows with increased attack speed, further increasing his burst damage potential and making it challenging for opponents to effectively trade or fight back.
- Core gameplay design Issues : The combination of Hanzo's versatility, forgiving hitbox, and high burst damage creates a playstyle that is inconsistent with the intended design of hero shooter snipers especially with his one shot potential. It reduces the need for precise aim and strategic positioning, undermining the tactical depth and balance that these characters typically bring to the game.
The removal of Hanzo's ability to one-shot opponents would be beneficial for game balance in Overwatch. One-shot mechanics have historically caused frustration in other games, such as the "no-scope" snipers in early Call of Duty titles or the one-shot kill weapons in certain fighting games. These mechanics often create a feeling of unfairness and lack of counterplay, as players are eliminated instantly without ample opportunity to react or defend themselves.
Successful balancing examples can be seen in games like Team Fortress 2, where the Sniper class requires headshots to achieve one-shot kills, providing a higher skill ceiling and allowing opponents to have a chance to react and counter. Unsuccessful designs can be observed in games where one-shot mechanics dominate, leading to repetitive and frustrating gameplay experiences such as Overwatch 2 and hanzo itself where spamming arrows at general direction of enemy in shoulder range will gift you with a headshot. Removing Hanzo's one-shot capability would promote a healthier and more balanced gameplay environment in Overwatch.
One example of a game where poor sniper balance design negatively impacted its success is "Battlefield 4." The inclusion of the "one-shot kill" sniper rifles with high bullet velocity and low bullet drop created frustration among players. Snipers could dominate matches from long distances with minimal counterplay options, leading to complaints about unfair gameplay and unbalanced engagements. This imbalance, along with other factors, contributed to a decline in player interest and a loss of player base over time. Why reducing one shot capability on hanzo may make it a better hero and add to their skill expression?
If the one-shot capability of Hanzo's was removed the ability, Storm Arrows can still serve as a valuable skill and cooldown for players to use. Instead of relying on instant eliminations, Storm Arrows could be reimagined to enhance Hanzo's overall combat effectiveness. For example, it could provide increased attack speed, improved accuracy, or additional utility effects like piercing through barriers. This would allow Hanzo players to have a burst damage option while maintaining a fair and interactive gameplay experience for opponents, fostering strategic decision-making and skillful execution. Why is Widowmaker comparatively balanced compared to Hanzo?
To counter Widowmaker's deadly sniping, players have a few choices to bring in Sombra's hacking skills, Winston's disruptive leaps, and Wrecking Ball's chaotic mayhem, smart Genji deflects or with maps with flanks soldier and tracer can provide good counter. Don't forget, Widowmaker's low 150 HP makes her a glass cannon where poke damage from long range does affect widow who is playing outside the LOS of her healers. Coordinate, focus fire, and let the bullets rain to shatter her dominance is a viable counter-play with heroes such as Ana, zen, Cassidy, if they have a shield in front of them.
While some extraordinary long maps allows Widow to excel at long-range precision and burst damage, which can make her extremely powerful in the hands of skilled players. Widowmaker in Overwatch2 possesses both strengths and weaknesses that can be exploited by savvy players. Her strengths lie in her exceptional long-range accuracy, burst damage potential, and the ability to quickly eliminate key targets. Widowmaker's lack of mobility also makes her susceptible to close-range engagements from heroes like Winston or Reaper. Overall, while Hanzo's counterplay is more limited to other snipers, Widowmaker has a broader range of counters available to opponents atleast in ranks below grandmaster.
submitted by Active_Syllabub6837
to Overwatch [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 20:38 DraigCore i even got 7k shield one time, why i don’t get this achievement?
2023.06.07 20:37 FinnjaminAlexander Advice about seeking prognosis information.
Short version: My husband does not seem to want to engage in any conversation about the fact that he might die of cancer. I worry that him not facing the possibility until he is extremely sick might lead to regrets.
I apologize this might be long winded, but I feel like I'm going crazy trying to process what the future might look like.
My husband (29) was diagnosed with stage IV metastatic melanoma in February of 2022. He started immunotherapy that July after surgery/radiation for one of the metastases sites. He did combination yervoy/opdivo for 4 rounds and then dropped down to just opdivo which he has been on for the past year.
Upon starting treatment his doctor was very positive and it was explained to us that he wanted to do immunotherapy for 2 years after which hopefully he would be NED and we could just monitor with scans for the rest of his life. Up until about 6 months ago the cancer appeared to be shrinking. He did develop severe side effects though- type 1 diabetes, hypothyroidism, Addison's disease, skin rashes, lost 65 lbs, debilitating arthritis so it has not been an easy road.
We just found out that his cancer has begun to grow again and has spread to his lungs. His doctor wants to try putting him back on yervoy, or try another immunotherapy drug, or a clinical trial that has been promising. So there are still multiple treatment options available.
My husband's doctor has never clearly discussed prognosis or life expectancy with us. I try to glean my husband's thoughts without pushing too much, but it seems like he doesn't really want to think about it. His perspective is that it doesn't matter how much time the doctors think he has left because he is going to do the treatments they recommend no matter what.
My concern is that he is sticking his head in the sand and not fully thinking through what may be ahead. He is still working 50-60 hours a week. I wonder if some time off while he is still relatively healthy might be a good call. I wonder if there are things he might want to do while he is still healthy (travel, more time with family, etc). I wonder if he might want to continue working but work remotely somewhere else more desirable. Any time I try to broach the subject I can tell he gets uncomfortable, so I back off. Basically I have no idea at what point he might start thinking in terms of "if I I only have x amount of time left, I want to do y".
Has anyone experienced this with a loved one before? Is it worth pursuing? I just hate the idea of him continuing his desk job until he is too sick to do it because of a misguided sense that he still might eventually be ok.
submitted by FinnjaminAlexander
to cancer [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 20:36 FrogFister Navigating unexplained neural disquiet - seeking collective wisdom
In my quest for wellness, I've explored virtually every dietary supplement imaginable, over the past ten years. I've also dabbled with adaptogens in various combinations. However, the elusive tranquility I seek, once fleeting, has now proven increasingly elusive.
Despite now having peaceful slumber, the puzzle remains unsolved. I'm not necessarily seeking particular remedies (though I'm open to suggestions), but rather trying to grasp what's unfolding within me.
My body feels serene, my mind calm, yet I'm distinctly aware of a sort of cerebral unrest.
Could it be an overactive amygdala, or something else entirely?
I endured a series of swift, simultaneous stressors last year, and this sensation seems to linger.
Surprisingly, the one thing that does provide temporary relief is vaping green buds, but I'm mindful of the potential drawbacks associated with frequent use, as I wish to preserve my cognitive abilities and intrinsic motivation.
My question then is, why does this peculiar sensation of perceiving my brain persist? It's as if it is activated and I can feel it wired, but myself am not wired and feel calm, although almost I can grind a bit the teeth, almost, but not quite. Various mindfulness practices, physical exercises, and relaxation techniques haven't quite mitigated it. Its intensity only seems to wane when I'm idly soaking up the great outdoors.
I'm eager to hear your insights or similar experiences. Could you help me unravel this mystery?
submitted by FrogFister
to Supplements [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 20:32 ChrizzlePii Norse: impressions after one season
I started playing Blood Bowl last year (I played around 16 games) and want to share my impressions regarding the Norse after just finishing the season in my current league. Please see this as an invitation to discuss and share experiences. As the title says these are just impressions, not the ultimate truth.
Block. The power of the team comes from Block. Aside from this (and thick skull), the typical lineman has the bash potential of an Elve, but not the agile capabilities (catching, dodging). This puts the team in a special place. It can and has to deal a lot of damage, but can’t take as much. That’s why other bash teams can be a true challenge, as they often are more robust than you are and would always win a „war of attrition“. In practice, this means you really have to stretch to find promising block combinations. If you and your opponents simply move their pieces into each other, you’ll most likely lose. For dash teams, however, you can become a true nightmare with all the potential one-man armies running across the field.
And don’t be misled by the Valkyries - yes they bring ball-handling potential, but your team simply does not have enough ball receivers for a passing game focus. This is also where the Drunkard rule becomes a pain. The success of your team will always depend on removal.
Frenzy is a false friend
Yes, frenzy is also a benefit, but more often than you would like to it’s not. On the sidelines it’s great. Pushing somebody across the sideline is really true bliss. If I could choose, I would usually switch it off on the line of skirmish. While your frenzy pieces wandering off against less bashy opponents might not be as bad. Against bashy opponents, it’s really a pain and truly limits your options. On the line of skirmish, frenzy is simply a false friend. Often you just want to block a player and stay out of base contact afterwards.
Your essential pieces
IMHO your essential pieces are the linemen and the Ulfwereners. The linemen are pretty cheap for what they do, they don’t wander off due to frenzy, and they are easily replaced by journeymen. Ulweners are true powerhouses that dominate the sidelines. Frenzy, strength 4 and AV 9 are simply a great combination. However, do keep in mind the limitations of frenzy. Also as long as the Ulweners don’t have Block, they often can be a true liability to your team. I feel the inclusion of all other pieces on your team is negotiable.
Valkyries and Berzerkers
The skill combination of the valkyries seems really exciting at first. However, this Swiss army knife combo of skills leads to the fact that you will often not make use of the full potential of this skill combination even though you paid for it. The valkyries are pricey. The reasons why you might still take them along are that they offer what your other pieces are lacking. A higher movement rate, no drunkard skill, and the ability to pass. But as said before, with the lacking number of catchers don’t think you will be able to pull off a passing focussed game.
Berzerkers can be fun. But as you most likely will have two Ulweners on your team, one to two more frenzy pieces will be too much when playing against bash teams. You want to keep cohesion, stay out of base contact and make it tough for your enemy to block you. Berzerkers running into frenzy traps is the last thing you need. But Berzerkers also have something going for them… the jump-up skill can be really valuable. Also, the fact that they don’t have the Drunkard rule and agility of 3 makes them a bit interesting as ball receivers. I haven’t tried it as much yet, but maybe it makes a passing-style game more viable in combination with Valkyries.
The big letdown
The Yhetee. What can I say? Awesome model, awesome style, but seriously -except for stunty reasons- it’s not worth it. I think it’s one of the worst big guys in the game. Unchanneled fury, loner, and the missing Block skill are just a bad combination. Of course most of the time you want to keep the Yhetee in base contact, but sometimes you don’t or can’t. Then, having to roll a 4+ is really bad. One could argue „use blitz“, but the situations on the pitch will often require you to blitz elsewhere. The fun really starts once your Yhetee is on the ground. Waiting on that 4+ to get up -possibly out of base contact - is a real pain. The loner trait in combination with no block does not help either. While other pieces get along without having Block, they can still use rerolls if the situation requires it. With Loner, you can’t or don’t want to do that. Really, countless times the Yhetee has let me down when trying to block. I could continue writing about its price or how in most situations Mighty Blow is better than Claws, but I’m going to leave it at that.
It has its defensive value. Maybe you could make more use of the disturbing presence skill when playing against dash teams. However, until now, I didn’t need it.
The wild card
The Beer Boar can be easily underestimated. Often you just need someone to assist your blocks. The boar can do so and is exceptionally cheap. This makes it really interesting when you are low on budget. Also, the pick-me-up skill is great. It’s the perfect piece if you need somebody to commit a foul.
You will always try to get an edge by removing or knocking out more players than the other team. If it goes in the other direction you are in trouble. I feel in BB you’ll often observe that if a team gets an edge by removing two or even one more players than the opponent, that this gap starts to grow to such an extent that one team might have less than half of the players on the pitch while the other team is still almost complete. Games with Norse have a tendency to go in this direction, because you try to achieve this advantage or because you always have to seek fights while not having a lot of armor.
The Undead are a true horror matchup for the Norse- it kind of follows from what I’ve written above. They are bashy and made to win wars of attrition. They’ll knock your players down, and you’ll knock theirs down, but the Undead are more likely to come up again. As a result, you’re likely to witness fewer players on the pitch than your opponent, which never is a good thing, especially for the Norse team. Dealing with those two strength 5 mummies is not going to get any easier. As said before, these are just impressions, but I was told FUMBBL statistics speak a similar language.
First skill up
IMHO the most important/ most undisputed skill upgrade to get from your SPP will be the Block skill for the Ulfwereners. This makes an important piece more reliable, self-reliant, and harder to counter. Of course, if you play with him Block would also be great on the Yhetee, but earning the SPP will take a century.
The Norse are a great team that is fun to play, but not so easy to handle. Also, be sure your opponents will continuously remind you how unfair it is that you get the Block skill on 50k linemen. IMHO focusing in your team selection on maxing the number of linemen is more efficient while taking Valkyries, Berzerkers and the Yhetee along is more fun. I go with the later, even though I’m constantly thinking about taking the Yhetee out.
submitted by ChrizzlePii
to bloodbowl [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 20:30 vortical42 Organizing complex output states
I'm an experienced programmer, but this is my first dive into machine learning. I'm thinking about creating a simple AI for a game called splendor (https://cdn.1j1ju.com/medias/7f/91/ba-splendor-rulebook.pdf
). I'm currently trying to wrap my head around modeling potential inputs and output states.
In splendor, there are four possible actions (buying a card, reserving a card, claiming a reserved card, and withdrawing gems) and a player can only do one action per turn. At first glance it seems simple enough; four possible actions so four output nodes right? Dig a little deeper though and it gets more complicated. The 'withdraw gems' action has two options (take two of a single color or one each of three different colors) and there are five different colors of gems. That's 9 combinations of three and 5 pairs of a single color for 14 total options.
My question is, do I need to model each of those possible gem withdraws as a separate output? Is there some way to subdivide or organize outputs to represent this kind of complex behaviour?
Also, how do you handle a situation where the number of outputs is not known in advance? For example, if the player wants to 'claim a reserved card' the number of possible actions is going to vary depending on how many cards the player has reserved.
submitted by vortical42
to learnmachinelearning [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 20:30 IkRookG [Visual Studio] How to use Content Patcher and Json Assets within a SMAPI mod?
So I'm new to modding, but not new to programming. I want to try to create a little mod for myself to learn the basics and see how all things work: creating custom items, using custom sprites, all the good stuff.
I've created the basic button EventListener tutorial on the wiki and I mean that's a piece of cake. Now I wanted to create a mod and implement a mobile phone basically, with a custom sprite and behaviour.
I've been looking at some file set-ups on Nexus to see how others structure their project in order to combine frameworks like Json Assets or Content Patcher. One of them I came across is the PPJA - Farmer to Florist at Stardew Valley Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)
mod. This mod has a structure of :
- [Json Assets] Mod
- [Content Patcher] Mod
something along those lines basically, each with their own manifests and additional JSON-files.
Now how would I implement this into my own Project? How does the compilebuilding handle this? Are they all their own Projects but just bundled together at the end? That doesn't seem workable.
I've opened the ModBuildConfig.targets file and basically added my directories as the ProjectDir, but that seemed sketchy by itself, and sure enough it doesn't work. The only part that works is the [JA] directory and it being loaded by SMAPI. Probably because it just overwrites the previous builds?
Could anyone recommend me some open-source mods I could learn from? I've been peeking at PathosChild's Tractor mod as that's public on GitHub, and that's interesting by itself. But that doesn't achieve what I intend to to do here.
Please help a noob out :-)
If you got some good resources outside the Wiki + Stardew forum + Documentation, lemme know too!
submitted by IkRookG
to SMAPI [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 20:29 Dak1on The Princess and the Human, Book 2 Ch. 1
- Wiki Previous
31st day after my arrival
it is now going by Earth’s calendar, I now would’ve spent an entire month on Hohmiy. Although the days here are slightly longer, so I guess it’s actually a bit more than that. Either way, it certainly was an eventful month “month”. Over the last “week”, things have finally calmed down a bit. The princess Sil has recovered enough to get back to work, even if not at full capacity. She also can’t stand for long yet, but considering she almost died She also started to prepare delegations to the other species to see if any of them met the rest of the colony. They will depart soon. I’m not sure if I should hope for or fear getting an answer. I want nothing more than to hear that the rest is alright, but what if they are all that’s not the only reply that could come back. Either way, it will take a while. I swear if I hear the phrase “word travels slowly beyond the hyperlanes” one more time, I’m gonna lose it.
Today in the evening is the trial. Which also means it is time for me to step out of the shadows. Honestly, my heart hasn’t calmed down at all yet. Thankfully, longer days also mean longer nights, otherwise, I wouldn’t nearly have gotten enough sleep. My speech is ready, and both Doc and the Baron did their best to prepare me. I know it word by word. All that’s left is to not embarrass myself and Sil while literally the entire planet is watching me. No biggie. Part of me wants to ask if not broadcasting everything is an option, at least not live. I know it is not, but still. At least I don’t have to be near anybody, and Osiyn promised he would finish the protective suit today, so that will probably also help. To think that this shady guy from the Tystrie had so many spies on the planet… good thing they managed to decrypt his datapad. Captain Kessga has been able to discreetly arrest most of them without it being made public. For their trial itself, it’s more or less a clean case. And once the opener is done, I won’t have to do anything except keep my rage down when I see the ambassador. Honestly, I didn’t even know I could get this angry. In hindsight, it is scary. But I have to keep it down, I must be better than that.
The sun rose over the walls of the Sky Palace as Queen Mirvani started her day. Today, it would be her turn again to visit Kiyrtin at the hospital, something she was looking forward to. She knew that she and her partner, King Kiyrta, would get informed immediately should his condition take a turn for the worse, but it still was a relief each time she saw him being fine. Well, as fine as he could be given the circumstances. He was still a nursing case until his first molting, and if the doctor’s estimates were correct, he would be on the verge of adulthood by the time he made a full recovery. She was still seething from anger whenever she thought about it. This First Ones-dammed saliyc
had almost killed her precious son and robbed him of his childhood in the process, and for nothing else than his stupid company. And while she could find some satisfaction in the knowledge that she had brought him to justice, that didn’t change his situation.
She shook her head and entered the audience hall, which was currently fairly empty. Only the King and the palace’s steward were here for now.
“… and for the rest, he can just ask Rigiy. You know, the one who always does this weird thing when she talks, like-“
“I assume you are talking about Duchess Rigiyrion of clan Jarion?” the steward was quick to interpret the king’s words. “Who has a birth defect that sometimes causes her throat to act up, slightly impairing her speech pattern?”
Kiyrta tilted his head.
“Ah, is that’s how it’s called? I mean the thing Sil often did as a kid, especially when she was angry, that was really adorable. It at least sounds similar to what Rigiy does, it’s of course not really adorable when an adult does it. And she’s just doing it randomly, not just when she’s angry, so it can get a bit weird.”
For a tigg, Mirvani thought she could see the steward wincing, though she probably just imagined that. After all, why should he?
“You Majesty, I’m sure you have a lot else to do, how about I formulate the answer and you just sign it?” Good to see that his job is not just a mere duty to him,
the queen mentally noted the steward’s eagerness as she went over to her partner, who merely shrugged and dismissed him.
Kiyrta nodded at his partner’s assumption.
“You’d think they would know what to do for something that happens every cycle. Did you hear anything new from the building yard?”
“Yes, “We apologize for the delay; the plans should be finished in a few days”
. They apparently had to reschedule because of an unexpected shortage of manpower.”
Adjusting her yellow cape, she sat down.
“And still no news about Sil finally finding a partner? Or at least that she's looking for one?”
The king just shook his head. Then, he started to chuckle.
“You know, maybe we should give her the throne a bit sooner to motivate her! Even she can’t rule the planet alone.”
“She would try anyway!” Mirvani joined him in his laughter. “But jokes aside, we’re not that old yet. Maybe in five cycles, we can do that. Though we should have at least a grandchild when-“
A frantic knocking at the door interrupted her, and upon being called in, a stressed-looking servant hurried to the king and queen.
“Y-your Majesties! We received an urgent message from the Star Palace!”
“Um,” the servant fidgeted slightly. “Before I can relay the message, and I’m quoting Her Highness, Princess Silgvani on this: "Make both, my father and my mother, promise to listen to the end before they do anything".
Again, her orders.”
Kiyrta cocked his head and looked at his partner.
“Why does she always do that?”
“No idea. Anyway, I promise.”
The servant nodded.
“Okay, then: There was an attempt on Her Highness’s life. She was poisoned, but-“
“WHAT?!” both screamed in unison.
“Sh-she survived.” the servant hurriedly reassured them.
“Who did it?!” the king demanded. “Are the suspects?!”
“How did it occur?!” the queen added.
“Th-the culprit was already caught.”
“Then have them brought here immediately, prepare the trial ASAP!”
“I-I quote Her Highness again: ”Since you entirely relinquished all authority relating to foreign matters to me, due to the specific circumstances of this case, I outrank you in this. Since I myself was the wronged party, by the laws of our ancestors, you do not qualify to hold the trial. As the highest authority on Hohmiy in all foreign matters, I hereby invoke the rule of impossibility for a judge of higher rank, and declare myself judge in this matter”
The two went silent for a moment until the king spoke again.
“But… has she already recovered enough for that?”
“By her own testimony, yes. The trial will start in one inva. And yes, it will be broadcasted live.”
“Cancel all of our appointments for today,” she ordered the servant and activated the big screen at the end of the audience hall.
Once the news got out, the palace was in turmoil. Accidents and endangerments born from incompetency were one thing. But an active assassination attempt on the royal family, that had never happened during the lifetime of anyone still alive today.
Finally, the broadcast started. Mirvani could see her daughter on the screen, and she couldn’t help but notice how weak she looked. But her expression was one of pure determination. Across from her, cuffed to a chair, sat a Tystrie, a matriarch judging by the size. Could it be… “The trial in the case of Kykla, ambassador of planet Eroas and representative of the Tystrie, is hereby open,”
she could hear her daughter's voice from the speakers. “As there is more than one wronged party, the word is first with the one wronged last, as it is our tradition.”
More than one? What was she talking about? The massage hadn’t said anything about that.
“Who is that?” Kiyrta inquired as a strange creature came into the picture, bowing before Silgvani before turning to the audience. “Or what
Mirvani could only agree. If it was an alien, she had never seen it before. It didn’t even look close to any of the species in the alliance. A pale body with neither skin nor fur, except for one rather large patch on its head, so long it almost reached her hips. The face had a reddish hue, with eyes that shimmered blue in the light of the headlamps. Its body was quite small with a delicate frame, which made it difficult to believe that such a frail species could even survive until reaching civilization. The clothes it wore were rather excessive; a white… something covered almost its entire body from the neck down, but as this was seemingly not enough for it, it also wore a green top and a blue skirt over it, the latter being similar in style to the fashion of Hohmiy's nobility.
It didn’t speak at first. Instead, its hands rose to its neck, and almost demonstratively slowly, it took off its translator. “I am Nadine Valentina Esmeralda Anastasia von Klot of House Haydenfeldt, ambassador of planet Earth and representative of the humans,”
it said in a soft voice. Its accent was quite notable, but besides that, it surprisingly spoke perfect Vanaery. Few people bothered learning the language of another species, as it took a good portion of one’s life to master it. And before mastering it, translators were more reliable, even if they weren’t perfect. And what definitely
never happened was a noble learning another language, they would at best fund it for one of their servants. And all that was assuming it was a language they could physically speak. “For the sake of a more fluid procedure, I hereby declare that humanity relinquishes its right of persecution to the Vanaery for this case only.”
The day before
“Are you sure you don’t want to persecute her yourself as well?” Silgvani asked as the small alien rehearsed her speech for a final time, her gloved hands holding the notes shaking in nervousness. “You would have any right to do so.”
“Not by our laws,” Nadine refuted, “And I really don’t want to do something that could cause issues later on. Calling myself the ambassador of humanity is already more than stretching it.”
“You literally represent every human known to the Vanaery,” the princess shrugged.
“Sil, we both know that that’s a technicality and that I don’t have any real power. I get that I have to say it so this doesn’t turn into a massive political clusterfuck, but anything beyond that could mean serious trouble at some point. Besides, it’s not like it would change anything. I mean, is there any way this will end without
you ordering her execution?”
“Well, we have to inform her home planet about the verdict and they could theoretically appeal it, but considering how clear-cut the case is I doubt they will.”
“Then it makes no difference.”
After a short knock on the door, Mhita entered with a box in her hands.
“Lady Nadine, a package arrived for you.”
With a thankful nod, the small alien took the box and left for the adjacent room.
“What the hell?!” she suddenly shouted from behind the door.
“Did something happen?”
“Look at this!”
Nadine re-entered, her face having taken on a more reddish color – “blushing”, as Silgvani now knew it was called. Instead of just being long-sleeved gloves, her new protective suit covered everything from the neck down. It was a single piece with no visible seams, even the gloves weren’t separate. The only things not covered were her face and feet. This would hopefully alleviate her fear of touching someone. Her reaction was strange though.
“What is the problem? Isn’t this exactly what you ordered? Covering everything, white so it can be easily combined with other articles of clothing, and a bit tighter fitting so you can wear other things over it.”
Nadine’s expression on the princess's statement was one of complete bewilderment.
“There is a difference between “a bit tighter fitting” and a FREAKIN’ SPANDEX!”
“I can’t wear this! This is worse than being naked!”
Silgvani tilted her head in confusion.
“… how so? I get that your kind has a different attitude to clothing than we have, but I really don’t see the issue here.”
“Look, if it is that bad, no one forces you to wear it. You could just wear your normal clothes, but considering what happened, I also understand that you don’t want to risk your sweat getting on someone. There is no established connection yet, so no one will judge you for your clothes, but you not making an appearance today is sadly no longer an option. Wear whatever makes you feel most comfortable, but if you want a protective suit, that’s the only one we have. And as I said, it was designed with you wearing something else over it in mind anyway.”
For a while, it seemed like Nadine wanted to say something, but in the end, she sighed.
“Please promise me that no human will ever see the recording of this trial. At least not the part where I am visible.”
“If it is important to you, that can be arranged.”
Githaiy gave Nadine a nod as the small alien sat down next to her and visibly deflated before putting on her translator again.
“It was good,” she reassured her. “Your pronunciation could still use some work, but each word was correct. Even for a rehearsed speech, it was impressive considering how little time you had.”
Nadine just nodded and turned her gaze back to the center of the hall, where a vassal started to announce the accusation.
“On the 87th day of the cycle, the defendant coerced the maid Kaiyla, who at the time was temporarily stationed at the Star Palace, to administer Her Highness, Princess Silgvani, a lethal dose of calcium that would have killed her had it not been for the immediate and heroic actions of Lady Nadine of the Humans. The defendant then had Kaiyla killed, making it look like suicide to blame the crime entirely on her. On the 90th day of the cycle, when Lady Nadine uncovered the ruse, the defendant used a network of spies within our own people - which is currently being dealt with - to administer her the highly restricted and dangerous neurotoxin ethanol, which she only survived due to her unique physique which the defendant had no knowledge of. The defendant finally attempted to blame Githaiy of clan Trocu, royal physician at the Star Palace, for the deed.”
Nervous muttering could be heard among the audience, even more than after Nadine’s speech. Both Githaiy and the princess had agreed to not put emphasis on the doctor’s role in saving the princess’s life, one because it was her job, and two because all of this had the secondary purpose of giving Nadine a good image right from the get-go. Therefore, they made sure to highlight Nadine’s feats during the accusation.
Once the princess raised her voice, the muttering quickly died down.
“Kykla, ambassador of planet Eroas and representative of the Tytrie. You are accused of attempted regicide, attempted homicide, murder of a commoner, conspiring, and defamation in multiple cases. What do you have to say?”
The ambassador cocked her head in a way that looked almost mockingly.
“I was just following orders! The high council were the ones who decided that Princess Silgvani needed to be removed, all I did was in service of my people, as all of you would have done for your own!”
She made a dramatic pause in which the entire hall fell absolutely silent.
“Is that what you want to hear from me? That’s what you hope I would say, give you a reason to punish all of my kind for the acts of one individuum, right?”
“I “hope” that you just make your statement already,” the princess answered with a sinister voice.
“What is there to state? Your servant already said everything. I did as is written in the accusation, and I did so on my own accord. No one on Eroas knew I would do that, I myself made the decision only after arriving here. A decision that almost got me killed thanks to that thing
over there. My only accomplices were Qeylo, if whatever your little monster left of him can still be identified, and whoever on this planet worked for him. I never met any of his “friends” as he called them, but you seem to have that topic already covered anyway.”
With that, she leaned back in her chair, making it clear that she had said her piece. The rest of the trial was standard procedure, some guards and servants gave their statements, and Githaiy explained a bit about the poisons and their effects until it was time for the verdict.
“Kykla of the Tystrie. For your crimes, I hereby sentence you to death. The sentence will be put on hold and you will be imprisoned until the high council of Eroas confirms the verdict. By the First Ones, I, Silgvani of clan Kiyron, princess of the Vanaery, have spoken.”
Outraged chatter filled the hall as the audience left, while Nadine and Githaiy rushed over to the princess.
“Your Highness, how are you feeling?”
“I’ll manage. But I should go to rest.”
As they escorted the princess to her private chambers, they noticed some servants muttering hastily.
“Is there an issue?” she asked, as always not being able to leave it to others.
“N-no, your highness,” one of them quickly assured her. “There was a short power outage at the start of the trial, and we’re currently trying to find out how it happened. But you don’t need to worry, your highness. It was just for a few tiggs, and we managed to get the broadcast up again immediately.”
“So, everyone saw the verdict?”
“Yes, I can guarantee that.”
“Alright then. Carry on.”
Finally, they reached the chambers and Silgvani sank into her chair with an exhausted groan.
“What happens next?” Nadine wanted to know.
“Now we send a delegation to Eroas to tell them what happened. Since Kykla is not a citizen and a representative, her own people must confirm the verdict before we can enact it. But as I said, with all the evidence and her own confession, they won’t try to appeal it. It’s just a formality at this point, but considering the travel time and the fact that they will likely be in turmoil when they hear it, it can take up to thirty days until we have the confirmation. We likely won’t hear from them till then since word tra-“
“Travels slow beyond the hyperlanes, I know
______________________________________ Since there are quite a number of names in the story by now, I wrote a glossary into the wiki where you can read up on the different species and characters. It’s still a WIP, but I hope it helps still. I can’t expect you to remember everything after all.
submitted by Dak1on
to HFY [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 20:29 LiseEclaire [Leveling up the World] - Academy Arc - Chapter 762
Out there - Patreon (for all those curious or wanting to support :)) At the Beginning
Adventure Arc - Arc 2
Wilderness Arc - Arc 3
Academy Arc - Arc 4
Previously on Leveling up the World…
“Mage Dallion Darude and novice!” A loud voice boomed before Dallion could determine the source of the item.
Damn it! He thought. Of all the times that the archduke’s snobbishness could erupt, why did it have to be now?
Four fury guards stood to attention at the hall’s entrance. Everyone’s eyes focused on Dallion. The crowd was rather impressive, composed of several hundred people, all dressed in their most illustrious clothes. Fury guards were everywhere, giving the atmosphere a distinctly military vibe. And yet, it was obvious that everything was just a hollow façade. While still important, less than half of the people were nobles. There were no representatives of any other archduke families, even the neighboring ones. Members of high-powered guilds and merchant organizations had taken their place. Most notable of all, there was no imperial presence whatsoever.
With a diplomatically acceptable smile, Dallion made his way along the length of the hall, straight towards the elevated section where the archduke’s throne was. Power still emanated from the man, but now the sense of boredom was replaced with tiredness. The man who at one point Dallion thought capable of shattering mountains with a single punch now seemed like a wounded lion struggling to maintain the appearance of his former glory. Even worse, everyone in the hall seemed to know it. They were smart enough to know they’d never survive a direct confrontation, so instead they were patiently waiting for the moment a new archduke would emerge. The emotions of the Linatol family were especially turbulent. Several of the immediate members were considering how soon they could make a go for the position, while the rest were ashamed they had fallen to such a level.
Noble problems, Dallion thought.
A thin elderly mage in a deep blue robe stood a few steps from the throne. Dallion hadn’t seen him before, but could tell by the magic emanating from the man that he was powerful and probably important. Dark-skinned with almost entirely purple eyes, he had the Lanitol emblem embroidered on the upper right section of his robe, suggesting that he was related to the family in some fashion.
Everyone’s here, a whisper said among the crowd.
Dallion fought the urge to combat split in an attempt to find the source. He knew that it was an item, though a different one than that which had warned him moments ago. Also, this one wasn’t talking to him, but to someone else. Unless there was another empath right here, right now, that suggested that the item had an ancient guardian.
Stopping ten feet from the throne, Dallion bowed.
“Archduke Linatol,” he said. “The archmage commends you on your victory.”
The Lanitol mage snorted. It wasn’t that he found the lie amusing, but rather disapproved that Dallion was the one talking in the name of the Academy.
“Dallion Darude,” the noble said with a semi smile. “Better known as the battle apprentice. I heard you were instrumental in dealing with three rogue mages.”
That was false. Dallion had taken down six and assisted in the capture of a few more. Of course, no one counted the first three since that occurred before the mage legion was established. Also, two of those three were children.
“We learned that you went through Nerosal before joining us here,” the archduke continued. “Is there a reason for that?”
“My apologies, archduke. I was eager to try and find more about the one who got away.” He paused for a moment. “And also to claim my novice.”
There were a lot of ways the conversation could have continued from there, most of them bad. Fortunately, the archduke remained blinded by his own ego.
“Maybe you can help me as well. Seems that several mages have tried their luck going against me. Some steal from me, others come to my land to hide out, thinking that I wouldn’t notice.”
This almost sounded like a threat directed at Dallion. Thanks to his music skills, though, he got the impression that it related to someone else.
“A rogue had the gall to venture into one of my ruins and proclaim them theirs. I would have gone deal with him myself, but Nerot convinced me this is a matter for the Academy.”
“We take care of our own.” The mage nearby nodded in agreement. “Although I don’t see any reason the battle apprentice should refuse.”
My owner will take out the three by the column, an item said. From what Dallion could make out, it was a knife.
The bows in the courtyard are on our side, another voice said. They won’t hit their target.
What about the apprentice? He’s an empath?
Internally Dallion froze. This wasn’t a case of items talking to each other! The discussion was between echoes! Combining magic with music in the Nerosal vortex must have triggered something, allowing him to listen to them as well. That’s why he was only hearing bits and pieces—his ability remained underdeveloped.
“Battle apprentice?” the mage asked.
“Of course, mage Nerot,” Dallion quickly replied. He didn’t like the situation he was in one bit. Even the appearance of using magic in front of the archduke could be viewed as an insult as best and treason at worst. Why wasn’t the overseer noticing anything, though?
“Splendid.” The old man grinned. “I’ll be sure to discuss matters with you later in the evening. Maybe after the auction is over.”
You three attack the fury, Dallion heard among the echo whispers. At this point, there were so many of them that they had become a constant hiss in the background.
We must take them down at the same time. No mistakes…
“We have a rather special item tonight,” the archduke said, oblivious to what Dallion could hear. “Something from my personal collection. Priscord wanted to get her hands on it, of course. They all would. Now I’ll sell it to the highest bidder just to prove how pitiful she is.”
Dallion’s muscles tensed. The whispers kept on increasing, blocking out the noble’s words until, suddenly, they all stopped.
Crap! Dallion thought. He knew all too well what was to follow.
No longer worried that his actions would create a major scandal, he split into twenty instances. Almost simultaneously, crossbow bolts rained onto him. The attack had started.
“Ruby!” Dallion shouted, while casting an aether sphere surrounding him, Diroh, the archduke and everyone else in the immediate vicinity.
How the hell did they get a crossbow in here?! he wondered. The overseer had explicitly said that no weapons were allowed at that banquet, not even a dagger. And yet, whoever had organized this attack had brought in the heavy artillery.
Waves of wind slashes flew in the direction of the crossbow attacker, causing the bolts to shatter before they had approached the target. Unfortunately, that was only the tip of the iceberg. Dozens of attackers had engaged as well, focusing on the armed guards and any nobles that tried to put up a fight.
A wall of ice blocked off the upper part of the hall from everyone else. Diroh had been faster to react than Dallion hoped.
“Skye, Ruby, guard Di,” he ordered, while starting a portal spell to summon his harpsisword. Now that the surprise attack had failed, if anyone would get hurt, it wouldn’t be the archduke.
“Archduke, we should take this in the open,” Dallion split into instances.
To his horror, the noble had remained in his seat completely motionless, his lips half open, as if finishing the last word he was saying.
Before Dallion could figure out what was going on, magic threads shot out from the mage, forming a ten-circle spell that skewered three quarters of Dallion’s instances. Thankfully, five survived. Choosing one to become reality, Dallion quickly split again.
This was a tough one. Facing a mage of Nerot’s level was more than he could handle. His only only advantages were speed and the close distance between them.
Gritting his teeth, Dallion dashed forward with a series of slash attacks.
“I’m not trying to harm the archduke,” he quickly said, using his music skills to add as much calmness as possible in his words. “I’m trying to save him.”
Sound threads attempted to attach themselves to the mage, yet the moment one made contact, it snapped, rendering the effort pointless. It was at that point that Dallion knew: the mage wasn’t attacking him because he feared that Dallion was part of the coup; he was attacking because he had organized it.
Aether barriers emerged as quickly as Dallion could strike. While to an onlooker it might have seemed that he was dealing significant damage to the mage, in reality, the blade was stopping a quarter of an inch shy of its target.
“Ruby, attack!” he ordered.
Nothing followed. Dallion’s first reaction was to turn around with one of his instances and see what was going on. However, it was at that point that he noticed: nothing had followed. The attacks, the yells, even the screams of panic had all disappeared. It was as if everyone and everything in the room had frozen in time, leaving him and Nerot to hash it out.
Infusing his sword with spark, Dallion continued on the offensive. His opponent kept casting spells with both hands, each more intricate than the last. The speed at which this was done was passable. The technique, on the other hand, was astounding. Each spell seemed original, with so many false connections and dummy symbols that Dallion had no idea what the effects would be. In situations such as this, it was best not to find out.
Skipping between surviving instances, he consciously targeted the mage’s hands. The attacks remained inefficient as before, but nine times out of ten Dallion would sever the threads before the spell could fully form, rendering it harmless.
“Arrogant,” Nerot said once it was clear that the two were at an impasse. This was one case in which Dallion was grateful he was fighting a far older opponent. If the mage had been a decade or two younger, the fight would have long been over. “Bad at magic, so focusing on interrupting others.”
“The rules of the wilderness, mage.” Dallion attempted a multi attack in the hopes that one of the strikes would break through the defensive barriers. It didn’t.
“Only the weak don’t follow etiquette.”
Using his left hand, Dallion attempted to cast a simple aether projectile spell. The mage wasn’t able to stop him. Six bolts darted forward, striking Nerot’s torso. Similar to all previous attacks, only flashes of light followed.
There has to be a mega spell on the floor, Dallion thought.
That would explain the stillness all around him. Or was it stillness? As far as he knew, the fight between him and the mage might as well be locked within a single second of real time. Chrono-spells weren’t a popular area, mostly due to their highly impractical nature, but there were still those that dabbled. Such spells were difficult to prepare, almost impossible to execute, and seldom achieved anything. Or maybe this wasn’t time magic. There was only one instance in which time dilation occurred—when within an item, a prison item, to be precise.
“You turned the entire room into a prison item?” Dallion asked, while still attacking.
“Not a complete idiot.” The other grunted.
That was why the mage had called Dallion arrogant. It had nothing to do with his fighting style, but the fact that he had remained half an inch above the ground at all times. Unlike everyone else in the room, Dallion’s feet had never come into contact with the floor, preventing him from getting sucked into the prison item’s realm.
“If you created the trap, why the attackers?” Dallion asked.
No longer had he done so, when the answer hit him like a brick. As long as there was only one survivor, the emperor would accept any account he was given.
“You aren’t betraying the empire,” Dallion said. “You just want to replace the archduke.”
“No. I’m just severing my ties with the so-called archmage,” waves of hatred emanated from the man.
Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this story, consider joining my patreon or check out my other stories on redditserials:
The Scuu Paradox (a Space Opera Sci Fi)
The Cassandrian Theory (a Space Opera Sci Fi)
The Impeccable Adventure of the Reluctant Dungeon (Dungeon Core Adventure Comedy)
Uncharted Waters (An Urban Fantasy Detective Noir)
submitted by LiseEclaire
to redditserials [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 20:27 Shadow_Ridley You can only play 5 games for the rest of your life, no mods (DLC is fine). What games are you playing?
Super Metroid - too much nostalgia and favorite all time game, plus just ultra replay potential.
Pokemon Platinum - just enough RNG with wild Pokémon and team combinations, plus the post game has enough content for casual players to keep busy.
Final Fantasy XII - It's an oddball in the series, but the one I love the most due to the world being so immersive and such. Plus, Ashe's ass.
Turok 2 Seeds of Evil - A wonderful FPS from the 64 that still holds up today, at least for me. Awesome weapons, lots of gore, and just enough jump scares and dark pathways to get lost in to keep you guessing.
Legend of Zelda Link to the Past - Another classic that just holds too many memories. Has amazing replay value and just an amazing game.
submitted by Shadow_Ridley
to gaming [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 20:26 13rannon L5 L4 Disc Issues
Been dealing with glute and sciatic pain on my right side for about two years now, which seems to go away if I stop training jiujitsu. I took a few weeks off to give it a back and went to class. I woke up the next day with horrible lower back pain, it’s been about 5 days and it’s only getting worst. I went to a chiropractor and they took X-rays. They want to get me on a decompression table for 18 visits for 1700 bucks. I’ve been reading a lot of mixed reviews about that process. I’m not sure what to do or what doctor to see about this. The glute/sciatic issue is absolutely horrible when it’s really flared up, I’m unable to cross my foot in front of my other foot. This makes getting dressed a very painful experience. But now this lower back pain combined with my previous issue has my feeling extremely down, I can’t live like this anymore, I need help but I don’t want to waste a ton of money and time chasing the wrong treatment. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
submitted by 13rannon
to AskDocs [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 20:25 jimbobbypaul Ranking the Top 131 FBS Programs of the Last 40 Years: 79. Colorado State
Main hub thread with the full 131 rankings
The best Rams team west of the Mississippi.
Colorado State’s been consistently solid in the Mountain West with a few great years under Sonny Lubick and Jim McElwain mixed in. Lubick was so successful that Colorado State’s since named their field after him: Sonny Lubick Field at Canvas Stadium. Under his tutelage, CSU won 6 conference titles (3 WAC, 3 Mountain West) from 1994-2002. Before Lubick arrived, CSU hadn’t won a conference title in 40 years, and only 1 in the last 60. They owe this ranking to Lubick, and I think fans would admit the same.
Best Seasons and Highlights
1. 1997: 15. Colorado State: 11-2 (22.264) 2. 1994: 12. Colorado State: 10-2 (21.327) 3. 2000: 20. Colorado State: 10-2 (16.288) 4. 2002: 31. Colorado State: 10-4 (11.984) 5. 2014: 33. Colorado State: 10-3 (10.201) 6. 1995: 36. Colorado State: 8-4 (5.313) 7. 1999: 33. Colorado State: 8-4 (4.733) 8. 1990: 39. Colorado State: 9-4 (2.203) 9. 1998: 37. Colorado State: 8-4 (1.545) 10. 2001: 52. Colorado State: 7-5 (-3.476) 11. 2016: 58. Colorado State: 7-6 (-5.288) 12. 1996: 47. Colorado State: 7-5 (-6.170) 13. 2003: 57. Colorado State: 7-6 (-6.569) 14. 1989: 51. Colorado State: 5-5-1 (-8.225) 15. 1986: 53. Colorado State: 6-5 (-8.536) 16. 2013: 74. Colorado State: 8-6 (-12.283) 17. 2017: 79. Colorado State: 7-6 (-14.321) 18. 2005: 76. Colorado State: 6-6 (-16.626) 19. 1993: 65. Colorado State: 5-6 (-17.348) 20. 2008: 75. Colorado State: 7-7 (-17.804) 21. 2015: 79. Colorado State: 7-6 (-17.810) 22. 1985: 66. Colorado State: 5-7 (-19.493) 23. 2020: 98. Colorado State: 1-3 (-24.733) 24. 1992: 86. Colorado State: 5-7 (-26.680) 25. 2004: 86. Colorado State: 4-7 (-28.454) 26. 1983: 82. Colorado State: 5-7 (-30.220) 27. 2019: 109. Colorado State: 4-8 (-34.012) 28. 2006: 102. Colorado State: 4-8 (-36.913) 29. 1984: 89. Colorado State: 3-8 (-37.145) 30. 2012: 101. Colorado State: 4-8 (-37.216) 31. 2009: 104. Colorado State: 3-9 (-37.476) 32. 2007: 102. Colorado State: 3-9 (-37.664) 33. 2021: 110. Colorado State: 3-9 (-39.870) 34. 1991: 90. Colorado State: 3-8 (-40.286) 35. 2011: 106. Colorado State: 3-9 (-43.112) 36. 2022: 121. Colorado State: 3-9 (-44.898) 37. 2018: 114. Colorado State: 3-9 (-45.892) 38. 2010: 108. Colorado State: 3-9 (-46.767) 39. 1987: 100. Colorado State: 1-11 (-53.363) 40. 1988: 98. Colorado State: 1-10 (-54.237) Overall Score: 10531 (79th)
- 224-253-1 record
- 6 conference titles
- 6-10 bowl record
- 4 consensus All-Americans
- 40 NFL players drafted
Colorado State has a worse winning percentage than some teams lower on the list like Louisiana Tech, but has had higher highs with five 10 win seasons. Adept at producing quality skill position players lately, CSU’s 4 consensus All-Americans have been WR Rashard Higgins (2014), WR Michael Gallup (2017), TE Trey McBride (2021), and DB Greg Myers (1995). During the Lubick years CSU was a consistent top non-Power 6 team, appearing in the Top 25 at any point in the season for 7 straight years from 1997-2003. 1994 and 2014 as well. Notable NFL players have included LB Joey Porter, LB Shaquil Barrett, WR Michael Gallup, and TE Joel Dreessen.
Top 5 Seasons Worst Season: 1988 (1-10 overall, 1-7 WAC)
It was a bad time to be a Colorado State fan. Colorado University, just a 1 hour drive from CSU, would win the national title 2 years later in 1990. Colorado State themselves floundered to a combined 2-21 record from 1987-88, with not much hope for the future. A 1-10 record featured 5 one-possession losses, and a last place finish in the WAC. A late season Toilet Bowl matchup between 1-9 New Mexico and 1-8 Colorado State decided who was placed in the basement, with New Mexico narrowly avoiding the distinction with a 24-23 win. CSU’s lone win was over San Diego State, who finished 3-8. QB Scooter Molander (great name) threw 9 TD to 22 INT, leading the country in picks. RB Scott Whitehouse (less cool name but still solid) led the team in rushing yards and receptions, totalling 1081 yards from scrimmage. And my personal favorite, backup RB Todd Yert, added 651 from scrimmage. Yert would actually go on to be a key contributor over the next 3 years, totalling 36 rushing TDs in his career. 5. 2014 (10-3 overall, 6-2 Mountain West)
Before Jim McElwain had his highs and lows at Florida, he was the up-and-coming coach at Colorado State. CSU was already coming off its best season in over a decade at 8-6 in 2013, and many thought they could take it a step further in 2014. CSU avenged last season’s loss to Colorado in the opener, winning 31-17 thanks to 100 yard rushing performances from RBs Dee Hart and Trevous Jarrells. They weren’t quite good enough to take down Boise State yet, the class of the WAC, and fell to 1-1. After that, things were great—they beat Boston College and future CSU coach Steve Addazio 24-21, a 10-4 Utah State team 16-13, and rival Wyoming 45-31. By the end of the year, #22 Colorado State was 10-1 playing 8-3 Air Force, and All-American WR Rashard Higgins did all he could (193 yards and 2 TD) but AF walked off on a 27-24 FG. CSU got blown out in the bowl to #23 Utah as well, once a former Mountain West rival who had since moved on to a stronger conference.
QB Garrett Grayson won Mountain West Offensive POTY, throwing for 4006 yards 32 TD 7 INT and ranking 2nd in the country in YPA. WR Rashard Higgins was a consensus All-American and a finalist for the Biletnikoff Award, catching 96 passes for 1750 yards and 17 TD. Jim McElwain won MWC Coach of the Year, and was scooped up by Florida before the bowl game. 4. 2002 (10-4 overall, 6-1 Mountain West)
By this point in time, Sonny Lubick had established Colorado State as a non-AQ conference power, winning 5 conference titles in the prior 8 seasons. This was the last of them, and the 4th best team of his. Led by QB Bradlee Van Pelt, who was originally recruited by Nick Saban to play at Michigan State, the Rams’ season could not have started any better. He out-dueled Matt Schaub and Virginia on opening day, winning 35-29. After that was one of the biggest wins in school history, beating #7 Colorado 19-14. Van Pelt spiked the ball into a Colorado defender’s helmet after a 23 yard TD run to take the lead with 6 minutes remaining. CUBuffs.com called it “one of the most classless displays of sportsmanship the rivalry has ever seen.” Colorado State flirted with the top 25 most of the year, getting up to #16 by the end of the year to play UNLV. CSU lost both that game and the bowl game to TCU, but still clinched the Mountain West title. Wins included top 25 finishers Virginia and Colorado, along with 8-5 Air Force and 7-6 Louisville.
Van Pelt won his 1st of 2 Mountain West Offensive POTY awards, throwing for 2000+ yards while rushing for 819 and 11 TD. RB Cecil Sapp, who missed the entire 2001 season with a foot injury, was an absolute workhorse, leading the NCAA in rushing attempts, carrying the ball 347 times for 1601 yards and 17 TD. Lubick’s final season would be in 2007. 3. 2000 (10-2 overall, 6-1 Mountain West)
Colorado State moved from the WAC to the Mountain West in 1999, and won the conference title in their first year. Going into 2000, they aimed to repeat. They continued to make Colorado’s life hell, beating the #23 Buffaloes for the second straight year in the opener. After a letdown loss to Arizona State, CSU began its quest for a 2nd straight MWC title, beating eventual 3rd place UNLV 20-19, 5th place New Mexico 17-14, and finally BYU 45-21, clinching at least a share of the Mountain West title. That set up 8-1 Colorado State vs 6-3 Air Force for a chance to win the title outright. Air Force took an early lead and CSU only barely couldn’t come back, falling 40-44 in the snow. The Rams still clinched an outright conference title the following week with a 37-13 beating of a poor Wyoming team. With a win over #22 Louisville in the bowl, Colorado State finished #14 in the AP Poll, the highest in school history. QB Matt Newton won MWC Offensive POTY, while LB Rick Crowell won Defensive POTY. 2. 1994 (10-2 overall, 7-1 WAC)
When Sonny Lubick took over in 1993, it can’t be understated how much of a graveyard the Colorado State program was. Before a bowl appearance in 1990, they played in just 1 bowl in their entire history, which dates back to 1902. Armed with 29 year old Urban Meyer as assistant coach, the 1994 team was the best in school history up to that point, and might still be. And nobody saw it coming.
Colorado State started by beating one of the classes of the WAC in Air Force, 34-21. A few weeks later it was #22 BYU’s turn, beating the Cougars 28-21. All of a sudden the Rams were serious contenders in the WAC. Down for so long, the unthinkable happened. #23 Colorado State travelled to #6 Arizona, one of the favorites for the national title. A few hours after the opening kickoff, the Rams stood with their heads held high, victors in Tucson 21-16. The win propelled CSU to #13, and the Rams hosted #18 Utah 2 weeks later. Utah won in a let down game, but CSU won their last 3 games to finish 10-1 and win their first ever WAC title and first conference title under Lubick. A 14-24 loss in the bowl to #20 Michigan showed they could definitely hang with the big boys, and the Arizona win wasn’t a fluke. Colorado State finished #16 in the nation with a 10-2 record, and were 12th in my rankings. Lubick earned Sports Illustrated National Coach of the Year. 1. 1997 (11-2 overall, 7-1 WAC)
As good as the 1994 team was, they only beat opponents by an average of 11 points a game, while the 1997 team outscored opponents by over 20 a game. After a disappointing 2-2 start with losses to Colorado and 0-24 to Air Force, CSU was flawless the rest of the way. A 9-2 regular season record featured an average score of 43-11 in the final 7 game win streak. 9-2 New Mexico and 9-2 Colorado State seemed like an even matchup on paper but it wasn’t close, with the Rams winning 41-13. A 35-24 win over #19 Missouri in the Holiday Bowl made up for losing the Holiday Bowl twice in 1994 and ‘95. Colorado State finished 17th in the AP Poll, and according to my algorithm, this is their best team.
The team set a school record for points (442) and TDs (59) in a season, ranking 7th in the nation in PPG (36.7). The defense forced 43 turnovers in 13 games, with future NFL starters LB Joey Porter, LB Clark Haggans, and DB Jason Craft, and was also top 10 in the country giving up just 15.6 PPG. QB Moses Moreno won the WAC Offensive POTY with 2257 pass yards 20 TD 9 INT, and was a 7th round draft pick by the Chicago Bears after the season. RBs Damon Washington and Kevin McDougal both ran for 1000+ yards, combining for 2223 yards and 21 TD on 6.7 YPC.
What do you think about Colorado State? Do you think they should be a primary target of Pac 12 expansion? Why or why not? What game/playeplay is most memorable to you? Can the Rams ever recreate the consistent success of Sonny Lubick or was it a flash in the pan? If you appreciate the effort, please consider subscribing on substack!
submitted by jimbobbypaul
to CFB [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 20:24 Benben377 Raspirus: Advanced Hash-Based Virus Scanner for Raspberry Pi
| || | submitted by Benben377 to raspberry_pi [link] [comments]
(left) Raspberry Pi 4 with touchscreen and Raspirus running. (right) Raspberry Pi 3B+ with jumper wire (left) Raspirus logo and banner. (right) Raspberry Pi 3B+ with jumper wire
Raspirus is a cutting-edge hash-based virus scanner application meticulously designed for Raspberry Pi devices, with a special focus on touchscreen-enabled ones. Seamlessly combining simplicity and robustness, this innovative solution offers an intuitive interface for effortless scanning of USB drives and local folders, eliminating the need for additional input devices or keyboards.
The primary objective of Raspirus is to fortify the security of Linux-based systems, leveraging the inherent strength of Raspberry Pi devices against viruses primarily targeting Windows PCs. By capitalizing on Raspberry Pi's resilience, Raspirus provides enhanced protection, making it a trusted solution for safeguarding your offline ecosystem.
Excitingly, we are approaching the highly anticipated first full release of Raspirus, with a beta version already available for download. The application has been meticulously crafted with user-friendliness as a top priority. Simply connect your USB stick to the Raspberry Pi, select it from the dropdown menu, and initiate the scan. While the installation process may currently involve some complexity, including cross-compilation or direct compilation on the Raspberry Pi, we are actively working on streamlining this through an ARM GitHub runner that automates the creation of a user-friendly .deb package.
It is important to note that Raspirus, while not a comprehensive antivirus solution, employs a clever approach by computing file hashes and cross-referencing them with an extensive database of known virus signatures. This strategic compromise ensures a lightweight footprint, enabling Raspirus to operate seamlessly even on Raspberry Pi 3 devices with limited resources, such as 1GB of RAM.
As the developer of Raspirus, I welcome donations and seek enthusiastic collaborators to join this exciting endeavor. Your invaluable ideas, feedback, and contributions will play a vital role in shaping the future of Raspirus. While I am currently working solo on this project, your involvement will make a significant difference in its success.
2023.06.07 20:23 turningthecentury Casino Lac Leamy not paying me for a bet. Advice?
This incident happened about a month ago around May 10 or 11. The casino had introduced this new electronic craps table several weeks prior. The digital table has got its pros and cons over the classic analogue table with chips and multiple dealers. Well it just so happens that one of the cons of this digital table cost me $450.
I was having a great roll and had a $50 bet on the hard 6. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the game, this is an on-going bet that wins and pays you 9:1 when the dice land 3-3 and lose when they land on any other combination of a 6. It's a bad bet, but you can bet as little as a dollar and get paid big if you hit it a few times by replaying your winnings on top (called a press).
During my roll I had stopped and decided to tip the dealer some money. The way this works is that you press a "Tip" button on the top right of the screen and it prints out the dollar amount on a ticket that the dealer can then cash out at the end of their shift.
This is the moment when everything goes to shit.
The dice get passed to me and the dealer presses a button to close the betting on all player terminals. This is fine and well because I did not intend to change any of my bets and so I did not look at my betting terminal. I throw the dice and bam, HARD 6! I get super excited because I know I just won $450.
Except I didn't...
I look down at my betting terminal and ALL OF MY BETS ARE CLEARED FROM THE TABLE! WTF!!! Omg...
We quickly learned that when you press the tip button on the screen the software thinks that you're done playing the game and you're leaving. I ask to call the supervisor and have them take a look. The pit boss who comes in makes a comment that I might have accidentally hit the "All bets cancelled" button, which is in the same general area but still visibly distant. Nope! Not even close. I did not touch my screen at all! Check the cameras pal. This same problem happened to another player a couple of weeks after. They gave a tip on their last round of play and all of their bets got wiped from the screen.
He made up some horseshit about how security doesn't focus on electronic tables. Total nonsense. They have 80 billion cameras on the ceiling covering every possible angle for any kind of incident. I couldn't have mistakenly hit that button, especially when I didn't even touch the screen lol! It was obvious he was trying to find a way to weasel out of paying me my bet. He insultingly offered a $20 coupon at the bar. I took it lol.
I call him again about 20 minutes later after talking to my friend who was playing right next to me and witnessed that I definitely had my bet there. I paused my play on the machine because the software only records a certain number of plays in its memory to have them come over and go through it. Sure enough, it's exactly the way I described it to him. He finally admits that yeah something went wrong. He takes down my info and tells me that the electronic craps table is under the supervision of the slot machine pit bosses and that they will conduct their investigation then get back to me.
They never did.
Weeks pass and I had to call the casino and chase down this same pit boss to ask for an update. He told me that they did their investigation and everything looked to be fine when they pressed the tip button, and that I must have hit the button to cancel my bets. It was the exact same preconceived notion he had weeks ago that he tried to gaslight me with the first time. Nothing had changed. I doubt they even did anything to look into the machine. This was last week when I had called and spoken to him over the phone.
These crooks screwed me out of $450. It's not a huge amount of money but it is for one person and it is my damn money, regardless of how much. I know that these bastards chase people out of the casino for as little as $20 that they accidentally overpay.
Do I have any kind of bureaucratic or legal recourse here? Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks for reading and sorry for the length.
submitted by turningthecentury
to ottawa [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 20:20 Puzzled-Sun-4763 Any guesses for my dogs breed?
| || |
My dog Benji I found a few years ago in the road. He’s about 5 years old and ~50lbs. Looks like a lot of possible combinations but I want to see if anyone has good guesses. Best I could come up with is some kind of collie mix but his hips are shepherd-ish or whippet like. Thanks everyone. submitted by Puzzled-Sun-4763 to IDmydog [link] [comments]
2023.06.07 20:20 Remarkable-Collar716 Looking for ship build ideas
Am loving multiverse! Really has brought FTL back to life for me.
Getting a decent way into unlocking some ships...what are some fun build/ship combinations that I might not think of?
For example, just got both Innovation and Technician cruisers. About to experiment, am assuming that I can try a ton of beams timed with the surge for the first, and drone boarding while healing technicians for the latter.
submitted by Remarkable-Collar716
to FTLMultiverse [link] [comments]