How old is alan jackson's wife
Where Teemos can Talk, and Talks can Teemo
2015.06.05 02:27 dxdrummer Where Teemos can Talk, and Talks can Teemo
Welcome to TeemoTalk! This is a place where we can all help one another master our beloved yordle, and to bring fear to non-teemo players. Official Discord: https://discord.com/invite/VXKS8RBZDU
2015.02.27 22:42 apotero Support for those with nasty, cruel, toxic, abusive MILs & moms
A place to post about your MIL or Mother who is just the *worst*. Come for support, come for advice, or just to vent and get it all out. That's what we're here for.
2017.10.20 07:27 I have had this forever
A family Heirloom A toy from your childhood That teddy bear you have had since birth A skin tag on your neck that just wont go away That milk that has been in your fridge for months A jar of pickles in the back of your fridge for years Your Wife The condom in your wallet (This is not recommended but if you really want to, fine) The item at the bottom of your junk drawer Old Stuff Aging Stuff Antiques Whatever is in your fridge you forgot about Stories Gross WTF Aged Whetherd
2023.05.30 23:27 ElfrahamLincoln Washing machine water inlet is stripped
Hey all, title pretty much says it all. My old washer broke and I replaced it with a second hand one I bought off some guy I don’t know. Turns out someone before me doesn’t know how to thread a hose and both inlets do not hold pressure. I’ve put teflon tape and tightened them as hard as I dare and I’m still getting leaking. Is there something I can do without replacing the inlets, or is that my only option?
There’s plenty of threading that hasn’t been touched, but I cannot find hoses with more threads so I can maybe get them to bite a little. The cold water is sorta okay, but the hot water blows itself off as soon as I turn the water back on.
Sorry if this isn’t the place to ask this, I figured you guys would be the best people to ask. I’m handy, but plumbing is not something I’m versed in. Worst comes to worst, I’ll change the inlets. But I’d really rather not if I can avoid it.
submitted by ElfrahamLincoln
to Plumbing [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:27 dont-be-a-narc-bro My daughter used to like putting makeup on me when she was younger
When she was 11, my daughter was a big fan of doing my face up using my wife’s makeup. She’d spend a considerable amount of time getting everything together, put a hairband on me to keep my hair out of my face, and then she'd just going to town to make me look like the prettiest bearded man you ever did see!
She was surprisingly good at it, too, even though she’d later admit she had no idea what she was doing (my wife would playfully offer advice, and my daughter would respond, in the more adorably annoyed tone, that she didn’t need help). She would also sternly tell me, “Daddy, don’t move/stop moving/stay still!” if I wasn’t still enough, which would make me smile and, in turn, test her patience further.
I've always held those makeover sessions very near and dear to my heart; I absolutely HATE the feeling of anything on my face, but that apprehension would always fade away when I knew my daughter was having fun, the way she'd smile or giggle when I said or did something in response to a brush or pencil or what-have-you tickling my face. Even when she'd tell me to stop moving, there was that smile on her face. My daughter having fun meant I'd be having fun, too, and I absolutely did.
She’s turning 22 in a little bit, and we recently reminisced about the makeovers. Something I never fully considered is how much those moments meant to HER, too, as she told me that those were some of the many best memories she's ever had with me, and that they were a highlight of her weekends.
I guess my point is that we, as dads, have countless moments with our children that we hold very near and dear to our hearts, but that our children will also feel the same way. Love, cherish, and make many great memories with your little ones!
submitted by dont-be-a-narc-bro
to daddit [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:27 RevolutionaryBook680 Tired of immature boyfriend
TIRED OF BEING A STEP MOM
Hi, just really need to vent… my boyfriend and I have been together for six years. He has an 11 year old and we have a four year old together. Bio mom is not in the picture. She picks up her son when she wants to. I have taken over things like taking him to school and doctors appointments. I’ve tried my best to make sure he doesn’t feel left out. I think our relationship is fine. He calls me mommy and talks to me more than he does with his dad. I’m tired of being financially responsible for him though. I don’t expect my bf to buy clothes and toys for my daughter. I buy it for her and I’ll buy things for him too. We went to LEGOLAND and my daughter wanted something and as soon as I was about to buy it, the son asks me to buy him something too to be fair. I don’t see how it’s my job to make it fair but I do so anyway. You reap what you sow right? Anyway, their dad cheated on me over a year ago and now I’m at the point where I feel like why do I need to do anything for you or your kid? Anyway I made plans with a girlfriend who has a daughter, which is to go to an amusement park this upcoming Thursday. I told my boyfriend about it and he flipped out, trying to guilt trip me for not taking his son. I explained that it’s a play date for our daughter and that we can take both kids together another time. He said he doesn’t want to be with someone that doesn’t accept his son? I don’t understand this need to guilt trip me for wanting to spend quality time with my bio kid? It’s not like it’s me and the dad are taking out just one kid. I’m giving him the opportunity to spend quality time with his son. I don’t understand why I have to continue to sacrifice and be selfless for a kid that’s not mine. I’ve done what I can. I have always done wit his parents wouldn’t do! They don’t even know his doctors but I’m the bad guy??? Ugh how do I let this relationship go?! I’m trying to hang on by a thread just so my daughter can be happy and have both parents in the same household but I’m tired of being with a selfish little boy. He makes me feel like I’m ugly and that I’m so lucky to be with him. We’re having dinner with friends and they say I look Hispanic, he goes yeah idk if that’s a good thing. ?!?!?! Like what does he really think of me? Am I just a caretaker for him? I toook them to Hawaii for their birthdays and I didn’t throw one for my daughter so I said I’m going all out for her this year instead, he said did anyone ask you to do anything for us?…?
Tl;dr: bf tries to guilt trip me for wanting to hang out with my daughter.
submitted by RevolutionaryBook680
to relationships [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:27 Thick_macandcheese why is it hard to be "ugly"
its exhausting even tho for most i am not ugly .my now husband always crushed on me, then we were toghether and he said like " u have a nose like a boxer" i always hated my more wide nose or im a lil more "hairy" he also commented on that. also said like " u maybe have a fat ass bjt its full of cellulites" so i almost broke up then and told him he can get lost or see how bad this is and how disrepectful! well then i saw how his mother talks to him and his brothers and all made sense!! (she never talks to me like that) she is very vain and poses better on pics than any 20yr old and always on some kind of diet. she openly calls them fat or too short or even told my husband he has little hands like a woman!!! so then i knew why he was like that and i accepted it and it got better BUT STILL I CANT FORGET HIS WORDS. and sometimes he still roasts me bc we always do that but back then i always sensed when it was more than a roast and disrpectful bc it came out of the blue and not like a joke . now he will say " nobody would want u with your saggy boobs all used up mom body etc" but always seeing that he looks on ig girls up that are so different than me and just asking myself, why am i the way i am. it sucks that some people are so superficial. its never enough. but i know a good warm smile and down to earth presence can go a long way but still it hurts that these words came from my husband. thank god it got better and he started to compliment me mroe which he still does so its ok now but yea i feel ugly lately so it sucks. yes my nose is wide, yes i am a lil more hairy and chubby. u dont like it? please leave me alone, thanks. being alone is also peaceful bc nobod can judge you. i just needes to get this out bc it makes me sad that i am not enough for him and bc the www
. makes it harder for peopel to have a realistic view on real beauty with imperfections.
submitted by Thick_macandcheese
to offmychest [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:26 SleventySleven Looking for some help please.
I have a 16ft handmade cedar strip sea kayak. I don't know much about kayaks. I'm trying to sell it but have no idea what something like this, in this condition, goes for.
Bought a property in Northern BC 10 years ago and this was sitting in the backyard. I'm assuming it's Native made, due to the area, don't know if that makes a difference. Not sure how old it is or what would need to be done, if anything, to make it sea worthy.
Just looking for a basic idea of how much to ask for it. I posted it asking for offers and everyone is asking me for a price. Tried to do some research but there's not a lot of similar stuff out there and the price varies greatly between some. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
submitted by SleventySleven
to Kayaking [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:26 ShitEatingFreakazoid Incomplete i485
Hi, my wife is applying for a green card and we just received a notice that her I-485 is incomplete. She forgot to select “No” on 2 questions in section 8.
My question is- how to correct? Should we complete and entire new i485 and sign and date and mail this in express? Or can we submit just the questions separately. Also, she applied way back in October of 2021, so should we use the newest updated form?
Also, her request for evidence includes the i693 medical form. She had this physical done way back in December of 2021 and it is still in an sealed envelope from the doctor. Can she send this in, or is this form considered “outdated”? Sorry, the RFE just came so she’s been holding the envelope this whole time. This would have been BEFORE the 7/19/22 edition.
Thanks in advance.
submitted by ShitEatingFreakazoid
to USCIS [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:26 Income-Current My Upstairs Neighbour Threatened Me but My Landlord Won't Let Me Move Out Without a Huge Fine
I (25f) moved into a new apartment 3 months ago. It is a large duplex - I live in the basement suite and the main/2nd floors are a separate suite. My upstairs neighbour S (mid-30's f) has been making my life very difficult ever since I moved in. Some context:
I've lived with roommates before, but this is my first time living on my own and I adopted a 2-year-old cat named Lucy when I moved into this apartment. S is a single mom with two young kids. I hear her yelling at her kids, swearing at them, and the kids crying nearly every day. S has a front door to the house with a doorbell camera, but there is also a side door that we both use to access our suites. I have the breaker box for the house in my apartment, so anytime a breaker flips (which happens semi-regularly), either myself or the landlord has to manually flip it at the breaker. All the fuses are labelled so we know which is which. One day shortly after I moved in, she had a breaker flip and came down to my apartment door, banging on it and asking me to let her in to flip the breaker. She noticed my cat's food dish and toys and asked if I had a cat. When I said yes, she was annoyed, saying "That's why my kids have been so f-ing sick since you moved in! They're allergic!" (We live in a pet-friendly building, and she has two dogs).
When I was having my wifi installed, she came down to complain that the wifi tech parked in her spot, demanding that he move immediately. She angrily told me that he should never have parked in her spot when I "didn't have permission" to allow him. He parked there of his own accord and I had no idea since he just showed up at my door. There were a couple of other times she came to my apartment to flip the breaker, with no major issues.
Now to the issue at hand! A couple of days ago, I got home after work, and within 5 minutes she was banging on my apartment door and yelling at me to stop messing with her. Through the door I asked her what she meant, saying I had no idea what she was talking about. She said her power was out again and to just turn it back on, then she went back to her apartment. I was very confused but looked at the breaker box and saw that all the switches were in the right position.
A few minutes later, she came back and was even angrier. I opened my door so she could look at the breaker box herself thinking it would calm her down. It did the opposite. She started yelling saying she didn't know what she ever did to make me mess with her, why couldn't I just leave her alone...When I said I never touched the power and was not doing anything to her, she began yelling in my face. She called me a liar, saying that she had cameras and saw when I come or leave the house. She said if I didn't stop messing with her power, I would be sorry. She flipped all her breakers off and back on, then she left.
I immediately emailed my landlord describing what had happened. She called to apologize but said she was confused. She had instructed S to call her if she had power issues, so why was she coming to me? I mentioned it had happened before and the landlord told me that she would remind S not to come to me. After informing the landlord of the other interactions with her, she instructed me not to open the door and to call the police if S came down and would not leave me alone. Over the next few days, I felt more and more on edge and unsafe about the situation. So I emailed my landlord again saying that I felt unsafe and if S thought I was still messing with her, I was worried she would escalate and do something drastic. I said that because of how unsafe I felt, I was going to start looking for a new apartment, and hoped that they would allow me to break my lease without the penalties (2 months' rent) that were outlined in my lease agreement. Apparently, since S had not physically harmed me and I had no actual proof of what had happened, it was her word against mine. So if I decided to break my lease, I would have to pay the full penalty. I cannot afford to move AND have to pay the fine, so what should I do?
submitted by Income-Current
to TwoHotTakes [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:26 Nurse_Ratchet_82 Suggestions for a rescued feral cat who doesn't know how to groom herself *no diet or weight loss advice*
Our youngest cat is a 3 year old spayed lynx point Siamese we rescued 2,5 years ago. She has single kitten syndrome from being abandoned, so she is VERY sassy and aggressive. She resource guards and is food insecure. She doesn't get along with our other cat and doesn't let us hold her or perform hygiene tasks (e.g. no claw trims, baths, pericare). She has a very high need for play, requiring 3-4+ hours of play a day. We also have enriched the environment for self-directed play, and use pheromone diffusers.
She has been 13 lbs for ~2 years, and is extremely strong. Imagine a chonk who could beat you in an arm wrestling match. We restrict her food intake and have her on prescription food for urinary crystals. This diet is directed by her vet, and I do not want any advice on diet or weight loss. We are aware that she needs to lose weight, but even at the minimum possible vet-directed food intake, she has stayed 13 lbs. By comparison, our other cat (also a lynxie) eats exactly the same food and is 7,5 lbs.
In the last year, she has stopped grooming her periarea. She gets stool and urine caked on herself. I've observed her trying to groom herself and it almost looks like she doesn't know how. She doesn't stick her leg up high enough to get to her butt, so she just licks her belly. Her dirty booty is clearly distressing, bc she has licked her belly until it's bald and she vomits hairballs. She will not allow us to clean her periarea, tho no matter what we've tried (soapy washcloths, plain warm water and paper towels, baby wipes). She also will not let our other cat groom her, even tho our other kitty seems to know her butt is dirty by sniffing it a lot.
It's gotten to the point that frankly, this cat smells and looks terrible. I'm worried she's going to end up with an UTI from having her vulva constantly caked in stool, or a rectal infection. She also mentally seems different bc she obsessively tries to clean herself and fails. Do you have any suggestions to help my baby?
submitted by Nurse_Ratchet_82
to cats [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:25 PIGEONS_UP_MY_ASS I miss being a kid and the thought of growing up terrifies me
I miss being a kid and the thought of growing up terrifies me
Even though I'm technically young, I'm 17, I still have a super big fear of growing up.
I hate the idea of being an adult. Being totally independant and overwhelmed with responsibilities. I'm so scared of getting a job as I don't cope with stress well and I'm sensitive. The workplace isn't for people like me, it just seems way too hostile and I don't know how I can manage. Then there's bills and "adulting" skills which I will have to get used to doing by myself. Then there's also relationships, both romantic and platonic which I don't think I will be able to achieve
Right now I'm going through so much. I'm going through addiction, low mood, body image issues and occasional suicidal thoughts. My life has been hell since I was 11. All I want is to go back to when I was happy and life was carefree. I'm just broken and I can't fix myself.
This isn't new. I remember feeling this way since I was 13. When I was 13, my brother starting watching the old kids TV channel I used to watch. Of course it evolved and new shows came about, but some of the shows are still running decades later. I remember hearing the theme tunes of some of my favourite shows for the first time in years and it brought me to tears. It takes a lot to make me cry, but reminiscing and remembering the good memories I had around age 10 and below just filled me dread and nostalgia. I was 13, still young, but still having a constant crisis about growing up too fast and never reliving my childhood.
I still feel that now at 17. I listen to the Sonic Colours intro music, my favourite game when I was young, and it brings back memories of when I played it for the first time at my friend's house after school. His mum brought in burger and chips for dinner, and we played sonic colours and ate the dinner at the same time. Something that blew my young mind as I was never allowed to play and eat at the same time at my house. We then played Mario Kart Wii and Skylanders after dinner and then my parents picked me up at 6:30pm. I remember crying on the journey back because I didn't want the fun to end.
I was so innocent and carefree then. But now, I'm broken. I've written 3 suicide notes this year alone. I just want to go back in time and relive those memories even for just one day. I don't want to grow up. I feel like my childhood is wasted.
Sometimes I get suicidal for this reason. I'm not going to be able to function in society so why should I? Why should I live in a country where the government doesn't give a shit about anything but lining their pockets? Being an adult sounds like such a shit show. My mental health issues have fucking RUINED my teen years. I'm done. People say teen years are the best times ever, this is not fucking fun. I'd rather die than be an adult. My life has been fucking wasted. Fuck this.
submitted by PIGEONS_UP_MY_ASS
to mentalhealth [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:25 DustinKW Looking for input
I am new to reddit and also a new to writing with intention of other people reading it. I would like to share some of my short stories and am open to constructive input. Please do not be negative or judgemental. I write because I enjoy it and I interested if anyone else does. The intention of these stories is to be include in a sort of memoi cookbook
They say that once you quit drinking your body craves sugar, I know this is very true. Before I went to rehab I really did not like sweets very much, except ice cream I always loved ice cream. Recovering addicts rely on sugar like Milli Vanilli relies on vocal tracks. Every “meal” provided the minimal amount of nutrients a person needs to stay alive. Up to this point in my life I was naively unaware of the many food types that come in powder form. There was a week that we had salt, it was amazing! For every meal there was a buffet of day old pastries laid out on each table. If you saw something you liked while waiting in line you had better grab it. Rehab cafeterias have some of the same rules as high school- it definitely matters where you sit, and a fight erupting over a cupcake was not unheard of. These self anointed kings of the streets, tough guys turn into little bitches, over the last Unicorn sprinkle cupcake at snack time. The only thing different between a group of 70 grown men and a group of 70 teenage girls, is the amount of body hair, and the maturity levels are identical.
For the better part of a year and half just being awake was enough of a reason to be drinking. There was always a nagging feeling in the back of my mind that I wouldn't have enough booze, so I carried my own everywhere I went. The thought process that decided the size of bottle I would bring depended on whether this would be my only source of booze or it was a companion bottle to accompany the cocktails I was having publicly. I would hate for people to think I was drunk and order a Vodka martini with a Jack Daniel’s chaser, I am a lady so I did my shot in the powder room. Grocery shopping was a half Pint, even though I was also buying two 1.75mL bottles for the next couple days but I couldn't wait till I got home. Work was usually a pint and half, a pint from the strip club liquor store and a couple of shots at the bar across the street when that was gone. The word addiction never crossed my mind; I was a fabulously highly functional alcoholic.
When I admitted to myself and a room full of strangers the extent and severity of my addiction, I could finally see myself, in the faces of my peers in that room and what I saw was terrifying. For the first time in my life I did not like myself, definitely did not love myself. Up to this point in my life I had an unwavering belief that I was amazing at everything I did. I knew that I succeeded because I was so confident and I was so confident because I succeeded. I felt like I had just been punched in the gut, and I lost my entire self worth in that one minute. Alcohol had taken away from me the very essence of who I am. Those early days were hard. I had to rediscover myself, I am still discovering myself. I did find my confidence again.
Geno I got sober together and it has been so great, there was a part of both of us that had been lying dormant for a little while and when it came out it came out in force. In the first month of sobriety we got to see our new niece Raelynn for the first time, around four months we had started a cookie business, restructured our lives, and by month six we had started making our 2 year plan to grow our cookie business into a national brand, and I started writing a book, yes this one.
Geno has always been the baker in the family. I started dabbling in baking right after I got out of rehab, I could not believe how much extra time I had now that I was not drinking. Geno had made an Oreo Cheesecake and it looked like so much fun. A few days passed and I wanted to make a cheesecake, so I started with a simple cheesecake, a few days later there was an apple crisp, then a couple dozen mini cheesecakes, 1-2-3-4 cake with buttercream frosting, not as easy as the name may suggest, then a couple dozen chocolate chip cookies, most of these recipes were straight forward and required no creativity and I was starting to get bored… Ooh something shiny… then Mini Lava Brownies with Chocolate Ganache Drizzle happened. *mic drop* You are welcome!
(LAVA BROWNIES WITH GANACHE DRIZZLE)
Sunset Sandwiches: The year prior to checking myself into rehab was one self- created dumpster fire after another. One does not usually end up in rehab after a wonderfully stable year. I spent most the year running away from the people who loved me most, especially my husband, Geno. Geno and I have been through some tough times in our relationship but this year was especially awful. I believe Queen Elizebeth II called it an “Annus Horribilis”, very fitting since this was the year Windsor caught fire and I spent the entire year trying to burn my life to the ground. I was in such a dark place and didn't even realize it, it was very scary and lonely inside myself and my outward side was the complete opposite. This duality in my life caused me to create a villain and sadly that villain was Geno. At one point in May I attempted suicide and almost succeded, Geno found me on the couch and called an ambulance, I woke up 2 day later in a mental hospital on suicide watch. The scariest part about that was I had no recollection of wanting to hurt myself or even thinking it through, all I remember is seeing darkness. I came home after seven days and I really thought I would slow down on the drinking and maybe I did for a little while but not long enough to remember. I remember thinking that I was loved becaused all my friends and family were so devastated at the thought of losing me, that feeling was lost again to the booze soon after.
That summer was a rollercoaster of huge fights, extended time away from each other, terrible things were said, and in October it all reached a climax and I threatened to leave Geno and went to stay with my cousin Mandi in Wisconsin with the rest of my family. My aunt Kristy and Grandma were exactly what I knew deep down they would be, honest as fuck! My grandma told me that I was “difficult, had lived a very charmed life and I should suck it up, go home and be happy with my husband”. My Aunt Kristy was brutally honest. She sat me down and asked me “What was going on?” when I started to tell her in my sugar coated everything will be fine, she called bullshit on me. She called out my drinking and told me I didnt even “resemble her nephew.” She also told me it was time to get my shit together. Kristy fought a long hard battle with addiction and has been happily sober for many years now. She said “Honey, I missed a lot of years of my life due to addiction.” She has now forced me to feel real emotions and I am open-mouth sobbing, she goes on, “You are going to lose them too or worse you will lose everything.”
It was the first time I was forced to see myself and the disaster I had become. A week later I flew home and checked myself into rehab. It was difficult to remember how to be happy with Geno, I had to retrain myself to love him the way he deserved to be loved and to see how much he loves me. In those first weeks we spent all day everyday together, it was amazing, for the first time in a long time we were not yelling and screaming at each other. One beautiful day we decided to go to the beach for a sunset picnic, it was the first time we had gone to see the sunset since we had quit drinking. The sunset was the most beautiful orange and glorious sunset, I was finally seeing my Geno, and he was all the light I needed. That sunset I fell madly in love with my husband again, oh and we had some sandwiches!
submitted by DustinKW
to writers [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:25 sssped Does anybody know how much is this coin worth? I found it while searching through some old stuff in my house
2023.05.30 23:25 ponte95ma "After talking to a co-worker who cycled to work, he decided to try it. He never looked back." (NYT)
Today's twice-weekly "Climate Forward" newsletter from The New York Times
featured Tom "Entitled Cyclist" Morash: https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/30/climate/entitled-cyclist.html
Full article text below.
Someone to Know: The Entitled Cyclist
He’s trying to show that it really is possible to get out of your car, even in Los Angeles.
- by Manuela Andreoni
Traffic jams might be the worst part of the day to many of you. Today, I want to introduce you to Tom Morash, an Angeleno who got tired of sitting in his car and decided to grab a bike instead.
Now Morash, also known as the Entitled Cyclist, is on a mission to show that biking can be possible, even pleasant, in places that seem to be designed only for cars.
The name is his ironic response to that small group of angry drivers who complain that bikes are taking over the roads. He uses Twitter, Instagram and YouTube to document his daily adventures. I wanted to talk to him because, like many of you, he lives in a city where public transportation is often inadequate.
For a long time, he felt that cars were his only means to get around. His journey away from car dependence is full of lessons.
Morash is a 41-year-old lighting programmer who works in the film and TV industry in Los Angeles, where he has lived for some 16 years. When he first arrived, he used to take his car everywhere, like most Angelenos. But the city’s traffic jams soon crushed any desire to drive.
After talking to a co-worker who cycled to work, he decided to try it. He never looked back. Now he always cycles the 12 miles or so that take him to most of his jobs.
Yes, cycling can be scary, he acknowledges. Drivers cut him off, text at the wheel, exceed the speed limit, open their doors without looking and park in the bike lane. “But I can’t imagine choosing to be in a car,” he said.
Like many cyclists, Morash said he was disappointed that bikes and public transportation are all but forgotten in the federal government’s plan to transition away from fossil fuels.
Morash said it drove him crazy when President Biden posed for a picture sitting in a 9,000-pound electric Hummer. (As my colleague Elena Shao showed, an enormous electric vehicle like that produces more emissions than a small combustion-engine car.)
“We’re just changing one problem for a possibly slightly better problem,” he said.
Instead of encouraging people to buy a different kind of car, he said, cities should build better bike lanes, make public transportation free and establish more bike-sharing services.
Most of all, city planners should be thinking about how to make cycling safer. It’s why he started filming all of his journeys and posting some of his close encounters online. On top of raising awareness, the videos give him a tool to try to hold people accountable for dangerous driving.
Because of careless drivers and inadequate infrastructure, Morash acknowledges, bikes are not a solution for everyone. He and his wife own a small electric car, mostly powered by the solar panels on their roof. She usually takes it to pick up their 7-year-old son from school when Morash is at work. When a child is involved, he says that the calculations around tolerable risks are different.
He filmed it when a pickup truck hit him with its passenger-side mirror and broke his arm seven years ago. He was cycling the 13 miles back home after working a Friday at the Sony Pictures Studio in Culver City. It was 1 a.m., a time he calls “drunk o’clock.” The driver never stopped, and he said the police declined to pursue an investigation, even though he had video.
It took him six weeks to recover. He couldn’t exercise, and he gained around 10 pounds. He had to drive everywhere. “Mentally I was in a bad place,” he said. “It really reminded me of why I bike.”
Still, he recommends that people try, starting with short journeys in areas where they feel safe.
He found that bikes can actually be a lot more efficient than cars. First, cycling often gets Morash to his destination twice as fast as driving on overcrowded roads, especially when using an electric bike. Second, it keeps him fit. He doesn’t need to find the time to exercise beyond biking. Third, he said riding around in a city with beautiful weather feels great.
Drivers may think their cars mean freedom, Morash said. But really, at least in cities like Los Angeles, they spend a lot of time just stuck in gridlock.
“I feel like the bike is the freedom machine,” he said. A car, on the other hand, is like a massive rock. “It really tethers you in a way that you don’t even see sometimes.”
submitted by ponte95ma
to bikecommuting [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:25 NinjaRadiographer John Wicks entire Timeline from Chapter 1 to Chapter 4 (updated) Part 2 of 2 (Chapters 3 and 4)
If your reading this I had to split my post in two because Reddits chracter limit is 40,000 and ive gone well over that. anyway have fun.
John Wick Chapter 3 – Parabellum
John Wick 3 starts directly off of John Wick 2 with john running through the streets. The opening clock shot gives us the time as 5.10pm on Friday Day 13.
Friday Day 13 5.10pm
· 5.10pm john running through the streets.
· Winston arrives back at the Continental at 5.11pm “I’d say the odds were about even”.
· “John Wick. Contract starts at 6pm” is announced.
· John runs into an alley (the watch makes it 5.12pm) “Tick Tock Mr Wick”.
· John gets in a cab to the NY public Library. The clock in the cab makes it 5.38-5.39pm.
· John leaves his dog and runs to the library.
· “John Wick excommunicardo 20 minutes” in the exchange.
· John enters the library at 5.41 thanks to the clock above the clerk.
· John gets directions to his book and finds it at 5.45pm
· Big Ukrainian guy appears.
· John kills big Ukrainian guy with a book in 5 mins. Time is 5.50pm.
· John leaves and runs to the Doctor “john Wick excommunicardo in effect 10 minutes”.
· The Doctor must be 5 minutes away. John arrives “I still have 5 minutes”.
· Doctor treats john and stops dead on 6pm. Contract on john goes live and texts go out.
· John finishes up and shoots the doc as requested.
· John leaves at 6.05pm
· John runs through China Town
· Chinese thugs see him and chase him into the museum.
· John reassembles the revolver.
· John kills lots of people (best scene in the film). Whole fight takes about 10 minutes.
· John leaves.
· The dog arrives at the hotel around 6.10pm which fits with the film.
· John is hit by 2 cars and runs into the stables.
· John kills lots of people and rides off on a horse (about a 20 minute fight).
· John rides on the horse and kills the motorbike assassins.
· The contract gets raised in the exchange around 6.40pm
· John makes it to the Tarkovsky Theatre at around 6.50pm.
· Conversation with the desk when he removes things and meets the director. We learn johns name is Jordarni Jonovovich (I might have that slighty wrong). They talk and she agrees to give him transport to Casablanca. Probably an hour has passed since arriving at 7.50pm.
· John leaves on a life boat.
Saturday Day 14 9.00am
· Next scene. Morning The adjudicator arrives at the hotel at 9am judging by the daylight.
· The adjudicator meets Winston at 9.10am 5 minute conversation and they view santinos body. The whole conversation was about 20 minutes.
· The adjudicator gives him 1 week to get his affairs in order. This is the first clear timeline that is established. Therefore the films big shoot out must be Saturday Day 21.
· The adjudicator then vists the Bowery King (assuming she left Winston and went straight there it probably took an hour. She seems the type).
· Adjudicator with the King “you see rats with wings but I see the internet”.
· Adjudicator brings out the gun from John Wick 2 (the one the Bowery King gave him). She could have got it before seeing Winston or after. I think before. Bowery King also gets 7 days. The time is roughly 10.30 am
Monday Day 16 3.50am USA 9.50am Casablanca.
Cut to Casablanca. Google tells me that New York to Casablanca by boat at 40 knots takes 3.7 days by sea. Seeing as it’s a shady world and the fastest boats can travel at 80 knots and, assuming they are using that boat, takes 1.3 days for john to reach his destination (32 hours) making it Monday Day 16 3.50 am. However Casablanca is 6 hours ahead so its 9.50 am when John arrives at the port which fits the film.
· John walks through the port
· Cut to evening/Night obviously it’s a very long way to the hotel from the port and hes a man of focus.
· John kills 2 guys in an alley and meets an assassin who offers him amnesty “welcome to casablanca Mr Wick”.
· John enters the continental and meet Sofia. I estimate that the time is 8pm
· Conversation with Sofia and the marker.
· Sofia gets ready “We leave in 10 minutes”. The whole thing was probably 15 minutes. Therefre 8.15pm Casblanca and 2.15 pm USA.
Cut to the next scene at night where the Adjudicator meets Zero. This is most likely during the time that Johnwas travelling so this is either Saturday Day 14 or Sunday Day 15. Im inclined to Saturday at 8pm. She seems efficient.
Saturday Day 14 8pm
· Adjudicator recruits Zero. There a continuity error where the Adjudicator says “he killed scores of men this week alone” which if youre still following is actually 13 days although can be considered vaguly accurate. I suspect she was reffering to John wick 2 though which would fit. They talk for 5 minutes.
· Next scene is back at the Tarkovsky Theatre where zero and his men attack the Russian and Director. It’s still raining so it can be assumed that it’s the same night probably an hour later. So 9pm.
· The directors conversation with the adjudicator where Zero stabs her hands. The whole thing probably was 30 mins to kill all the guards and 30 mins to talk and get stabbed so its 10pm.
Monday Day 16 8.15pm Casablanca and 2.15pm USA.
· Cut to John and Sofia. 5 min conversation and 30 minute trip to meet berrada.
· Conversation about Markers, coins and social contracts “Do you know where the word assassin comes from”.
· John learns how to meet the elders.
· John and Sofia kill lots of people.
· Berrada survives and probably 30 mins have passed.
· John and Sofia fight their way out through the gold melting vats eneterance (about 10 minutes since Berrada conversation and fight). The fight is fairly straight forward so probably on 20 minutes through there. They enter the courtyard and kill lots of people and escape in the cars. It’s a very long fight so very likely and hour and a half passes which makes the time 11.10pm casa and 5.10pm USA.
Tuesday Day 17 8am Casablanca and 2 am USA
· The next scene is john and Sofia arriving at the desert. Google tells me that Dawn in Casablanca is at 8am. Its safe to assume that they both shared the driving and got some rest for the previous 9 hours. The car is also quite a distance into the desert I assume so they’ve likely used the night to follow the dog star and get a head start on meeting the elder.
· Sofia drops john off in the desert, waters her dogs and john leaves with a thimbleful of watered backwash. John begins his walk.
· He walks all day and night and collapses around 10am Casa (judging by the sun in the sky) on Day 18 (Day 16 4 am USA).
Saturday Day 21 9am USA.
· The next scene is early am for the Bowery King and Zero guards are killing all his men. Juding by the light and that we know he had 7 days it has to be Saturday Day 21 about 9am.
This scene presents a small problem because they haven’t been seen since maiming the director on Saturday Day 14 at 10pm but maybe the adjudicator has had other duties to attend to in that time.
· The adjudicator and Bowery King talk and he gets 7 cuts at 9.30am assuming the conversation took 30 minutes.
Tuesday Day 17 11am Casablanca and 5 am USA
· Cut back to an unconious John who probably been out for an hour. Hes picked up and taken to the elder and spends time in the tent (say 2 hours (1pm)).
· The conversation took an hour (2pm) where he chops off his finger and gets a mission to kill Winston. Zayer helps prepare for Johns departure giving him a change of clothes and, its implied, help to get back so this takes longer (another 4 hours to treat his finger and recover? 7pm?). Its likely that they have methods of getting through the desert but its still a long journey but its likely they took 2 days to get back to Casablanca. Say 48 hours (because he got a car a fair way in to the desert and camels are slower) making arriving back in Casablanca Day 19 7pm Casa. If he then got the 80 knot boat back that’s then another 32 hours travel making it Day 21 3am which means that he arrives back at 9pm Saturday Day 21 usa.
Saturday Day 21 10pm
· The next scene is John getting off the train and meeting Zero and the assassins which was probably an hour later at 10pm which fits with the film.
· John conversation with Zero and escape on the bike 10 minutes.
· Bike chase across the bridge with swords. John kills lots of people. John arrives at the continental and escapes Zero on the consecrated ground after about 40 minutes making the time around 10.50.
· John meets Winston after a 10 minute wait and after talking to Zero. Zero is ruined for me at this point when he becomes an obsessive fan boy all of a sudden which doesn’t fit with his character up to this point. So its 11pm when John and Winston talks in the room of glass.
· Winston convinces John to change sides and “go to war with the high table”.
· The Adjudicator arrives 10 minutes later (11.10) “Mr Wick it is a pleasure to meet you”.
· The adjudicator deconsecrates the Contenital. The process probably takes 10 minutes to get the file and do. Adjudicator leaves and summons a kill squad which, judging by the way they arrive, she had tooled up and ready just in case.
· John, Winston and Choron the concierge tool up. The guests leave and the decronsecration order is processed. This probably took around an hour (movie land reasons for being so quick) and the kill squad arrived after everyone has left say another hour so the time is Sunday day 22 at 1.20am.
Sunday Day 22 1.20
· John and Charon attempt to kill lots of people but cant due to lack of firepower. The staff are all killed very quickly within 10 minutes of the kill squad arriving.
· It was approximately 30 seconds for john to realise that he needs more firepower and 29 minutes and 30 seconds to be able to be in a position for him to be able to get back and rearm.
· They arm up again (probably 30 minutes) and head back out hunting again.
· John and Charon kill lots of people.
· They’ve probably been fighting for an hour when the adjudicator makes her phone call to Winston where he hands up at 3.30am.
· John enters the room of glass at 3.35am and fights the two assassins who smash him into display cases. Zero taunts him and 5 minutes later the assassins are killed.
· Zero beckons John to come upstairs.
· The two respectful assassins from the raid (great films watch them both) attack and talk with Mr Wick.
· The fight lasts about 40 minutes. John leaves them alive and goes to face Zero.
· John faces Zero (fanboy worship 4.20am). The fight lasts another 40 minutes.
· Charon returns to the vault and the Adjudicator calls Winston at 4.55am.
· Zero dies at 5.15am after him and John talk “That was a pretty good fight”.
· Winston and Adjudicator are on the roof they look like they have been talking for a short while whilst the light (pre dawn) makes it about 5.30am when John arrives.
· Winston betrays John and shoots him off the roof at 5.45am. The Adjudicator leaves.
· Clean up and sorting the continental appears to start immediately but its likely the Adjudicator went to her room and packed before leaving so the time is more 7am when the adjudicator realizes Johns body is missing.
· John is picked up by Tick Tock man and taken to the Bowery King. If this is around the same time then he meets the King at 7am. The conversation lasts about 5 minutes “cos im really pissed off”.
John Wick 3 ends on Sunday Day 21 at 7.05am.
John Wick Chapter 4
We know this film starts 6 months after Chapter three which has allowed John to heal from his injuries of falling off the roof in the last film. This one is harder to pace properly because of all the travelling between places so my timeline may be out here and there but generally it should be fine. 6 months is equal to 183 days ish so John Wick 4 starts on Monday Day 205 (because John Wick 3 ended on day 22 and nothing good ever happens on a Monday (p.s it’s only a Monday because I can’t be bothered to properly work out what the actual day of the week it would be)).
Monday Day 205 7.20 pm
· Bowery King gives a speech and walks through to John walking Johns dog. John is training on a Makawara Board Which is a traditional way of making strong punches and toughening up your hands (I study martial arts and used to have one, he’s also punching with reasonable form but with a Shotokan method with the reverse hand at the hip instead of the chest). New York skyline shows its sunset which the internet tells me is about 7.20 pm in April which is 6 months from October and fits the film later on. “You ready John?”.
Thursday Day 208 6am
·Sunrise in the desert. John kills 3 people on horse back and meets the elder. This must be the desert near Casablanca from Chapter 3. Google tells me that NY to Casablanca by boat at 40 knots takes 3,7 days by sea and seeing as it’s a shady world and the fastest boats travel at 80 knots it takes 1.3 days foe John to reach Casablanca then he has to get into the desert which takes 48 hours to find the elder making it 3.3 days later or Day 208. It probably takes an hour to kill the three horsemen. John meets the elder and they talk for 5 minutes and john kills him at 7.05am. John leaves. “No one escapes the table”.
Saturday Day 210 Evening probably around 5pm
· Back in New York Continental Hotel. Assumption that news of the Elder has been notified to the relevant people and its say, two days later. The Harbinger arrives and asks Charon to speak to the manager. Approx 10 minutes later he meets Winston delivers his letter and gives a 1 hour time limit to evacuate the hotel and then leaves. They get to it.
· Next scene is in the Marquis tower Winston has obviously got things going and he and Charon have gone pretty much straight there. They meet the Marquis and talk for 10minutes and Marquis blows up the continental exactly 1 hour after the hourglass notification was given so it is 6.05 pm. Marquis kill Charon 30 seconds later. “It has been an honor my friend” and leaves a minute after that asking for Chidi (his main guy) to find Caine at 6.07ish.
Sunday Day 211 9am
·The next scene is Paris. New York to Paris is 7.5 hours by plane. The assumption is that the Marquis left and took 1 hour to airport, straight on to the plane and the straight to Paris in another hour meaning it took 9.5 hours making it 3 am in the USA. France is 6 hours ahead of America making the time 9am which fits the film. Caine is sitting listening to his daughter play violin. He then is seen going to see the Marquis so im assuming this is an hour later. They talk and Caine gets his name. It takes 10 mins and Caine leaves at 10.10 am.
Monday Day 212 10 pm
·Cut to Osaka Japan. Paris to Osaka flight time is 15 hours,1 hour to the airport and then to the hotel. The time difference is that Japan is 7 hours ahead of usa so it makes it 11 am but the scene is night so say 10 pm and say than rather than a continuity error there was a flight delay because of movieland reasons. Mr Nobody enters the Continental and meets Akira the concierge and checks in. We meet her and the manager.
Note here: There’s cherry blossom on the trees. Cherry blossom season in Japan is roughly march to April which fits with the 6 months since October but if you don’t think that then the trees are artificial or genetically altered to bloom all year round.
Nobody takes a seat after checking in (10mins) and checks his dairy. The Manager and Akira walk and talk about 20 minutes through the LED museum and the manager goes out to meet John a further 10 mins later at 10.30pm. They talk for 30 minutes.
·Chidi arrives with Caine and asks to see the manager. Nobody notices when they arrive at 11pm.
The evacuation starts immediately. Akira runs up to see the manager so it must be 5 mins later when she sees him. John waits. The manager gets his staff ready which takes about 10 mins ish and meets Chidi at 11.20 pm.
·The manager and Chidi and Caine talk for 10 minutes and it erupts into a massive rumble.
·The manager kills lots of people. The first part of the fight takes about 10 minutes until the kill squad arrives and the fight enters round 2 at 11.45 pm.
Tuesday Day 213 00.00 am
Back on the roof the kill squad find John and Akira. Must be about 15 minutes later making it 00.00am.
·John and Akira kill lots of people. Interesting note: you can clearly see John aiming for the breaks and chinks in the kill squads armour which is still bullet proof like John Wick 3.
The fight takes 20 minutes. (00.20am)
· Cut to the kitchen and the Manager. Caine is slurping noodles which take 5 minutes to make. Incidentally slurping noodles is a Japanese thing and Donnie Yen is Chinese (00.25). Caine kills lots of people.
·Cut to John and Akira killing lots of people at about the same time and Caine finishes his fight. Its quite a long fight (30 mins). The Manager arrives and saves Akira and John leaves. “Kill as many as you can”.
·John enters the LED museum and about 5 mins later is attacked by the kill squad. John kills lots of people. Another long fight which takes about 45 minutes especially with the nunchucks making the time about 2am.
·Caine arrives and they talk and fight which takes about 15 minutes until Mr Nobody arrives and tries to kill them. Note: Caine loses his sword cane sheath here because you don’t see it again from now on.
Cut to the exchange which must be the same time and Johns bounty is increased.
·Cut to John outside in a bamboo area. Its about 15 minutes since he escaped Caine so about 2.30 am. John is attacked. John kills lots of people. Takes about 5 minutes.
· John and Nobody and his dog talk for 5 minutes and john leaves. “Take better care of yourself”.
Cut to the Manager and Akira trying to leave. Caine has beat them to it and its around the same time as Johns escape. Caine and the Manager fight which takes 10 mins and Caine kills the manager at 2.50 am and Akira leaves.
·John is at the station and most likely has been for 10 minutes. He gets on the train. Akira arrives, they talk for 5 minutes and Akira leaves next stop,
·Cut to New York in the rain likely 2pm. Winston and Bowery king talk for 10 mins likely at the same time John was escaping.
Friday Day 215 12 pm
·Next is Marquis and the Harbinger in Paris. Its bright day time so likely midday. Caine and Nobody are there so they must have travelled straight from Japan. So 1 hour to airport, 15 hour flight to France and 1 hour to Paris makes it 17 hours Since Japan but its Midday because it should be 8 pm so the plane had an engine fault and there was a delay.
· Nobody and the Marquis talk and Marquis stabs Nobody and makes a deal. Note here: Why do they shake with their left hands in this scene? Marquis leaves and Cut to
Saturday Day 216 12pm
·John in New York visiting Charons grave site. Its Midday and Paris is 6 hours ahead so it has to be the following day so its Saturday Day 216. 6 days have passed since Charon was killed. I could have this slightly wrong but movieland reasons for burying him so quickly. John and Winston talk for 15 minutes. “They’re cold hard facts”. John heads to Berlin.
Monday Day 218 8 pm
·Next scene is John in Berlin at night. NY to Berlin is 8 hours ish. 1 hour to the airport, flight and 1 hour to Berlin is 10 hours. Berlin is 6 hours ahead of USA which means the time should be 6am which doesn’t fit with the film therefore there must have been another flight delay and it’s the day 218 Monday say 8pm.
·Nobody watches John enter the safe haven Church.
·John unburdens his guns and enters. He speaks to the priest who shoots him and gets taken away. “Nice Suit”. Prob 5 minutes so its 8.05pm
·Cut to Marquis at the ballet. My Nobody calls him to give him Johns location so it must be the same time.
·John awakes with a noose around his neck. He been there about 30 minutes with everyone surrounding him. Katia arrives and talks to John about age and Uncle Petior whilst continuously stringing him up. “We have a common enemy”. They make a deal to kill Killa and the whole thing took about 15 minutes. Claus smacks John. “I am Claus”.
·About an hour later John and Claus are in the club to see Killa. Note: Scott Adkins is brilliant as Killa. Claus delivers a letter. Killa and John talk. Caine arrives and joins them. Conversation about family and personal feelings and discord between old friends. Mr Nobody joins them and takes a seat. Converstaion on who wants to kill who.
·They play cards. Interesting note: Caine here looks at his cards and says what he has so therefore he must have some actual vision. By the time Killa lays his cards on the table about 30 minutes must have passed. Once he does-
·John, Caine and Nobody kill lots of people.
·Killa runs into the club and john follows.
·John kills lots of people. It’s a drawn out fight against all the men and Killa but doesn’t last that long say about 30 minutes whilst Caine and Nobody kill everyone else in Killas office.
·John kills lots of people and Killa dies at 10.40pm
·The whole club empties 5 minutes later. Nobody tries to shoot John but Caine stops him. John leaves.
·Back at the Church an Hour later (11.45pm). John gives Killas tooth to Katia and we cut to John’s welcome back ceremony. It takes time to prepare and melt gold so its another 2 hours later making it 1.45am on Day 219 Tuesday. The ceremony probably takes an hour with them burning their arms ala David Caradine from Kung Fu style. Jordani is accepted back at 2.45 am
Wednesday Day 220 12.00 pm
·Winston visits the Marquis who we know is in Paris. Theres no time difference between Paris and Berlin and theres no way to know what time it actually is so im saying midday. John is likely traveling to Paris because he shows up in a bit. Winston delivers the message and formal challenge and they talk about the old ways and rules. It’s a detailed conversation and likely takets 20 minutes. “Such is life”.
·Next scene is John walking across themarble in front of the effiel tower. Its dull so say early evening say 5 pm.
·John, the Marquis and Harbinger discuss terms of the duel. We also get a finishing time of sunrise on day 221 which is Thursday for the duel and film ending. Whole thing takes about 15 minutes. John leaves with Winston.
·Caine and Marquis talk for 5 minutes and Caine leaves.
·Cut to John in a church say 30 mins since. Caine is there and they talk and share a moment together. John leaves after 5 minutes at 5.35 pm.
·Cut to the Marquis and Harbinger talking. Its now night at about 8 pm and the conversation takes about 5 minutes.
·John arrives at the safe harbour probably at the same time and eneter the station and meets Winston and the King at 8.10. John gets his suit.
·Chidi and the Marquis talk and there a brief shot of a large clock on the wall saying the time is 11.50 so that’s the time.
Thursday Day 221 00.00am
·Chidi puts out the contract to the exchange and the radio station at 00.00am.
·All the assassins tool up. Things are going to get very busy for John.
·John gets his gun at 00.00am. “This Viper has ferocious fangs”.
·Some time later they get on the boat and 20 minutes journey to Johns destination. Converstaion about grave stones. We also discover sunrise is at 6.03 am.
·John enters the road in front of the Effiel tower at about 4.30 am. At this time the exchange informs everyone where he is.
·John kills lots of people. Some in a mustang (love that car) whilst getting his gun. 15 min fight (4uilding site house at 5.37am.45am).
·John arrives at the arc de triumpth 15 mins after that (5.00).
·John kills lots of people in a car, on foot, between traffic at the arc de triumpth. (long fight 30 minutes).
·Marquis takes a phone call from Nobody at 5.33 am (clock behind him).
·John continues to kill lots of peopleand escapes on a bike heading to the Sacre Coeur at 5.35.
·John kills lots of poepl on a bike and enters the building site house at 5.35.
·One of the best fight scenes in the film. Nobody enters.
·Nobody and john kill lots of people. Marquis call Nobody at 5.40 (Clock behind him again).
·John and Nobody continue to kill lots of people.
·Marquis calls Nobody at 5.43 $40 million.
·More assassins arrive. John kills lots of people. (top down fight love this so much).
·Nobody and john kill lots of people.
·Nobody and John fall through a hole in the floor at 5.45.
·john saves nobodys dog at 5.46.
·John escapes out the window. He looks at his watch which shows the time is 5.50am. John heads to the steps.
·John starts up the steps. The time is 5.55am. He has 7 minutes to get to the top.
·John kills lots of people.
·John gets almost to the top and falls back about half way when Chidi attacks him.
·John and Chidi fight and john falls to the bottom.
·Caine arrives at 5.59.
·Caine and John kill lots of people back up the steps.
·Nobody shoots Chidi at 6.00am. Chidi is killed by the dog and Nobody at 6.01am.
·John and Caine arrive at the church at 6.03am. Cain stabs johns hand.
·The Duel commences. It takes approximately 5 minutes. Nobody and the dog watch.
·John kills the Marquis at 6.08am.
·The Harbinger makes his announcements and takes his leave at 6.09 am
·Cain leaves after talking to John at 6.10am.
·Winston talks to John. “Will you take me home?”.
·John passes out on the church steps thinking of his wife at 6.11 am on Thursday Day 221.
Thursday Day 228 12.00pm
·Back to New York a few days have passed so im assuming a week later at midday. Bowery king and Winston are standing at Johns Grave. They talk and leave after 5 minutes .
·After credits scene assuming this is the same time as the graveyard scene. Caine is visting his daughter. Akira is going to kill him.
John Wick Chapter 4 ends on Thursday Day 228 12.00pm.
submitted by NinjaRadiographer
to JohnWick [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:25 HoboSam6 Are your other organs happier?
Hi all. I'm scheduled for my uterus eviction on July 18th. Yay! I have a fibroid that's 15 cm and a few other ones that have made my uterus the size of a 22 week pregnancy.
My question is, how did you feel having that big ol sack taken out and your organs able to move and breathe? Did you notice anything you wrote off as getting old, being gone afterwards? (Like indigestion)
submitted by HoboSam6
to Fibroids [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:24 yung-nun Job promised me a raise and promotion months ago…
ADVICE PLEASE! I’m at my wits end.
I work at a hobby store, and I love the job. It’s all the nerdy stuff I’m into and a relatively fun job. My manager is a friend I met in the kava community that I am apart of and we have been close friends since I started. That was not the problem though. I started as just a part-timer 6 months ago, but soon was given more hours because of my work ethic. First I was promised full time, which never happened. They raised my hours to 34 a week, I’m assuming to avoid having me as an actual full timer on their payroll with all the extra paperwork and money they have to pay for full timers. At first I was okay with this, as I’ve had several jobs in the past do that, and 34 hours was a good balance for me anyways. Then about three months ago, my manager told me about how the owners were looking at me for a management position as well as a raise, and I needed to start learning and taking on more responsibilities. So I did, I learned how to order product, inventory product, price product, and all of the tasks that my manager now does. I am able to do all these things on my own and help out when there is no manager on the clock. Big mistake.
My manager started calling off all the time because she knew I could do all the work for her while she was gone, but later during the day after I played manager at the store, I would see her at the kava bars we hangout at. Even though, in the morning she claimed she couldn’t work. This happened so much, that it became: she would work three random week days, then take the whole next week off. It was always some sort of excuse, constantly having misfortunes happen in her life. At first I was empathetic, but it got old.
It was like they were using me as a stand in manager even though I was not being paid or recognized as one.
After two of this, I brought up the need for at least a raise. I was told 2-3 weeks. I marked 3 weeks on my calendar, then when we hit the 3 week mark, all of the managers and owners traveled out of state for a conference and left the store for me to run while they were gone for a week and a half.
Today was the first day they have been back, and it was my 6 month review, where my manager broke the news to me that the owners opted to give a company wide raise instead of just me, (I make $12 an hour and as promised at least $14-15 after my raise) which meant instead of raising my pay up a few dollars, they gave everyone a .50 raise as a “cost of living” raise. The manager also made sure to mention she’s not happy with the size of her raise either, even though she is salary and is way more well off than me. I don’t get how she’s getting a raise when she works three days a week if we’re lucky. My promotion wasn’t mentioned because I ended up having to get a second job two days a week to make ends meet, and even though the second job doesn’t effect my schedule here, they are no longer considering me for the promotion.
Idk I just wanted to get some advice? I feel very hurt and used, I worked really hard and kept the store running the past two weeks, just to find out that they used me so everyone on the management team could go to a fun convention, and take as many days off as they want. I want to just walk out but that’s not right either.
submitted by yung-nun
to work [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:24 No-Enthusiasm7267 Feeling the burnout.... just needing some sympathy today
Hey fellow nannies! I've been a nanny for a long long time. Almost 15 years. During that time I've been lucky and had many really great familiesand only a couple bad fits.....but lately it seem slike my luck has changed for the worse. I moved to my current city in 2017. I got a job right away and worked for 3.5 years with this family I adored. They still are my best references and I see them from time to time but we parted ways in 2020 when they moved (military family) and I've had the worst luck ever since!
First I worked for a family for about 6 months. I loved them. Perfect hours and a sweet, intelligent, charming baby.....then one day I come in and they very nonchalantly tell me they are moving across the country...frigging next week! They didn't even give me 2 weeks notice! I was totally blindsided. I'm a pro and good woth people so in the end jt was a very amicable parting of ways but I felt so upset I've never contacted them for a reference.
Next family i quickly realized were alcoholics. They were functioning alcoholics, high income professionals, at least?. They told me they were taking covid seriously (this was still pandemic times) but they weren't and i tested positive for the first and so far only time. Luckily I had just been vaccinated so I was ok but the baby was really sick for a solid week....after that fiasco everything seemed fine but one day, NM comes home in tears. I ask her if she's OK, she says yeah. Not one to pry, I say byebye and see ya tomorrow....a couple hours later I get a text saying simply "it's not working out for us" she left my iPad (which I had left behind) and my paycheck in a freaking paper bag outside! Wtf? I'm still confused and blindsided by that. Because she was obviously having a lot of postpartum issues (among other things) I was afraid to ask for more of a reason and i assume something had happened in her personal life she didnt want to share with me. I figured if i had done something wrong she would have told me, she was not one to hold back about any problems. I just said thanks for the opportunity and best wishes and moved on. But it's haunted me. I feel like such a failure over it even though I was already looking around for another job bc of the alcoholism issue, so it was fine in the end.
After that i found a really nice mom. She was wfh and we really clicked. The only problem was the commute was absolutely hell. Not only was it long, it was dangerous, I saw an accident almost every day on the way. And finally it was my turn and I got in an accident. my car was wrecked and I was traumatized. It's my only ever accident and i burned through my savings getting a new car asafp. Around that time the gas prices went up and I wasn't making enough money anymore, so I had to quit. I gave 1 month's worth of notice and was super gentle about it..... she lost her shit. I have never seen anything like it! She was sobbing and begging and I couldn't even really say to her that the real issue was the commute bc she was so over the top.....thankfully we ended on a high note, still friendly, still chatting......but I feel like I can't ask her for a reference bc she was so upset that I feel awkward asking at all.
The next gig I had was a night nanny position for 3 months, it went well, i learned a lot and NM gave me a reference for the job I currently have.
Currently I'm working with one 4 month old and occasionally their 3yo. Love the kids ofc but its.only been about 6 weeks and I already know this is a bad fit for me. I won't go into it bc of the novel I just made you read but I am.planning on giving notice tomorrow bc I just can't anymore and i want a family who respects my years of experience and doesn't undermine me and try get me to do housemaid tasks, etc. I'm just too old for that, I know what works for me and what won't and this won't.
I already have 2 interviews lined up but my problem is I feel super demoralized by what I've gone through these last 3 years and i feel i really awkward/embarrassed asking my references to do the reference thing again for me again so soon.
Nannying has always worked for me but it seems that has changed. My luck seems to be awful! Idk...is it time to find another career? I have always felt that I'm great with kids, i love working them and seeing them grow and i love to connect with a family on a personal level the way you do when it's a good fit. But i do have other interests i could pursue, as we all do, and maybe this is all a sign that should try other things?
I'm just feeling a bit lost and unappreciated as a nanny when i used to feel the exact opposite....Has anyone else had a bad spell like this? If so, how did you get past it? Do you have any thoughts or advice. I'd love to just know I'm not alone.
Thank you so much if you took the time to read all this!
submitted by No-Enthusiasm7267
to Nanny [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:23 LiseEclaire [Leveling up the World] - Academy Arc - Chapter 756
Out there - Patreon (for all those curious or wanting to support :)) At the Beginning
Adventure Arc - Arc 2
Wilderness Arc - Arc 3
Academy Arc - Arc 4
Previously on Leveling up the World…
Nil used to say that even the greatest challenge became simple once the logic behind it was unraveled. At the time, the old echo was referring to awakening trials, but vortexes were surprisingly similar. Given enough resources and information, even life could be treated in the same fashion. Dallion had a while to go before reaching that level. The current vortex, though, was a different matter.
Creating potions wasn’t an easy experience. Aside from everything else, it required a good understanding of nymph magic methods and the ability to perform them. Thankfully, Dallion’s randomly esoteric interests had prepared him for such an eventuality.
After his protective layer of magic threads was complete, he approached the sea. Same as before, a dozen tendrils shot out in his direction. Summoning his thread splitter dagger, Dallion sliced the tips off, encasing the free elements in aether spheres of his own. That was another thing about magic—it always went towards those that were stronger. One careless move and even a high-level mage might have his magic stolen, by a creature, rival, or even the vortex environment itself. However, with enough skill and ingenuity, the opposite was also true.
One by one, the bubbles of captive magic were consumed, then released again, only this time forming an entirely new set of spells.
Swords? Onda asked. That’ll hardly work.
“Think of it as a meat grinder,” Dallion replied. All he needed was a makeshift drill to let him make his way through the sea. Having his own liquid spells fight the rest of the sea was only going to grant him a bit more time. Between that and the protective magic layer, it had to be enough.
No, I mean it won’t work. The moment you—
Let him learn his own mistakes, Harp interrupted. Her tone was calm, even pleasant, but it had the effect of lightning from a clear sky. It’s the only way he can progress.
“Thanks for the vote of confidence.” Dallion kept collecting magic threads for a few more minutes, then did another point attack. The start of a tunnel opened up on the sea’s surface. Quickly, Dallion threw all of his liquid spells inside, then followed. Same as before, the mass of the sea attempted to fill in the void, but this time it was hindered by the liquid wall of swords.
Overall stability 99%
Spells clashed against each other, filling the air with hundreds of purple rectangles. The damage was minuscule, and still a constant reminder of the eternal struggle between invader and realm. It was no wonder that mages were so cutthroat: there was only one thing certain upon entering a vortex: someone was going to absorb the other. The Academy’s main role was to teach novices how to survive.
Just like hunting, Dallion thought. On the other hand, he had never been the typical hunter. When it came to vortexes, there could be no offer of draw or surrender.
Twisting around, Dallion performed another point attack, drilling further into the sea. The number of rectangles doubled. Meanwhile, the size of the hold was reduced by half. The amount of spells Dallion had poured in—seemingly cast initially—was now wearing thin.
Maybe you should have spent a bit more time fathering threads, the armadil shield said.
“It’s all a formula.” Dallion did another point attack. “If the stability of the tunnel is decreased, I just need to go faster.”
All of his instincts shouted for him to split into instances, or at the very least create a few echoes to help in. His wisdom told him not to. All he had to do was remain calm. The emblems and artifacts he was wearing ensured that he’d be ejected from the vortex. Of course, there was never a guarantee. The higher the vortex level, the greater the danger it posed.
Summoning his hammer, Dallion did a double point attack, up and down, to keep the tunnel collapsing above him. He had gone so deep that the opening was the size of a coin.
“I told you it’ll work, Onda,” he said with a touch of glee. “It’s all logic and magic principles.”
No sooner had he said that than a mass of magic pierced through Dallion’s wall of spells, ending up in the tunnel. Believing his wall of swords to have been breached, Dallion unsummoned both his weapons and cast a new series of spells to plug the hole. That proved to be a mistake.
Your health has been reduced by 20%
What the heck? Dallion pulled back, summoning his harpsisword again.
Five feet away, the mass of magic had changed into a creature.
Health: 0% HP
- BODY 20
- MIND 20
- PERCEPTION 20
- REACTION 20
- MAGIC 40
- ENTANGLE (Species Unique)
- RAIN OF BLADES (Species Unique)
- CHARGE (Species Unique)
A unicorn? Dallion deflected the creature’s next attack with his weapon.
Looking at it, the minion was no different from a bladicorn, only created entirely out of threads of magic.
Tried to warn you, old man, Onda said from his realm. Vortexes adapt. You make a counter, they counter your counter.
Dallion was too busy fighting the creature to respond. Magic adaptability was well known. Having loose threads spontaneously create a creature, that was something new. No doubt there was some tome describing the theoretical process in vast detail. Seeing it in practice, though, was a lot.
Without wasting any time, Dallion flew down, then infused his harpsisword with spark, as he did an upward strike. Knowing what such a creature was capable of, his only course of action was to kill it as before it could start casting spells. The difficulty was not destroying his own spells in the process. For all the power of point and line attacks, they were going to do as much damage to Dallion’s own spells, resulting in him winning the encounter, but losing the overall fight.
The aethercorn quickly caught on, moving away and to the side of the tunnel. As long as it increased the distance and remained close to Dallion’s wall of blades, it would have the upper hand.
Sneaky bastard. Dallion cast several aether barriers.
Magic symbols covered the minion’s entire body. As they appeared, Dallion went through all the memorized spells in real time. Normally, he could tell easily what someone was casting once several of the major symbols had formed. In this case, the creature planned to create an aether explosion. In the real world, Dallion wouldn’t even bat an eye. Explosions were a lot less efficient against mages as one might think. Here, though, things were different; the minion wasn’t targeting him, but the wall of blades itself. If there were an explosion, the entire tunnel would collapse, leaving Dallion to rely on his “second skin”.
A new aether barrier appeared next to the aethecorn, then shoved it into the wall before the spell could be completed. The threads—representing aether blades in liquid form—mercilessly sliced into its body, causing the being to lose stability. The entire form burst like a popped balloon, spilling magic threads everywhere.
The moment Dallion saw that, he knew that his time was running out. Although inefficient, the vortex had found a way to breach his protective barrier. The only solution was to pass through the sea before the overall collapse.
Want a boost, boss? Lux asked. The firebird knew better than to assist uninvited.
“No!” Dallion said firmly, casting a new flight spell. “Return to my realm.”
Several more breaches occurred along the tunnel. Aethercorns emerged in front and behind Dallion. Some attacked him directly, others started casting spells to weaken the tunnel. At this point, dealing with them was an impossible task. Still, Dallion did several more point attacks, clearing out as many as possible. Unfortunately for him, that didn’t prove to be a lot. The minions were both fast and intelligent enough to keep to areas that were difficult to hit. Only the ones that attempted to outright block Dallion’s progress ended up being destroyed.
Gritting his teeth, Dallion started casting the flood spell. It was a move that verged to desperation, but the only thing that could help him right now. Within seconds, the portal emerged, then vanished behind Dallion. With a bit of luck, it was going to keep the minions occupied a bit longer.
Behind him, the top of the tunnel collapsed. The threads he had used to create his wall of swords was too thin to coat the entire space created by the point attacks. The purple sea splashed in, mixing with the water coming from Dallion’s portal.
Your health has been reduced by 20%
Another alicorn managed to stab Dallion’s leg with its horn as he flew by, effectively halving his health.
Leave the vortex, Harp said.
“I can do this.” Dallion had unsummoned the hammer, focusing on doing point attacks forward, while using his left hand to boost his speed. “I’m close to the end. I can feel it.”
You’re not ready for this vortex. You’re close, but you still aren’t there yet.
“I am.” Dallion insisted. It wasn’t that he had become complacent, but the last few months his progress had crawled to a stop. He might have learned a vast number of magic symbols and spells, but his magic trait remained at twenty-three. There was no way he was giving up a level four vortex, especially this one. “I am there,” he whispered.
Purple water kept seeping in. The top of the tunnel had completely collapsed. Spells created by vortex minions darted past him. Some even made contact, repelled by his protective layer of magic threads.
“Just a few seconds more,” Dallion said, more to himself than Harp.
He had been going through the sea for quite a while. As far as distance was concerned, it had to range in the dozens of miles, if not more. While space in any magic realm was an illusion, there was a limit to how much something could be stretched. Sooner or later, the sea had to come to an end.
“Ruby, create some wind,” he ordered.
Keeping firmly to Dallion’s shoulder, the shardfly flicked its wings, sending a flurry of wind slashes forward. This was by no means an elegant way to breach the tower, but as long as it worked Dallion had no intention of complaining.
Further and further down he went. His speed had increased to the point that he couldn’t see new aethercorns emerge. And yet, it all kept on going. It seemed that he had entered a bottomless pit. The sensation of doubt emerged. Was it a good move to keep persisting? If he quit now, would it all go to waste? There was no telling how long the vortex would remain. Maybe it would last for a few more hours. If he was lucky, it might appear again in another week or so.
No! Dallion told himself. If he couldn’t complete this, what chance did he stand against Grym and the traitorous battlemages? They had accumulated their magic for decades. If he didn’t take advantage of every opportunity presented to him, he might as well become a clerk at the Academy.
Point attacks kept pushing the tunnel further and further down until suddenly they didn’t. It only lasted a fraction of a second, but Dallion was able to catch it. The devastating amount of force had been effortlessly pushed to the sides, like water being poured on a mirror.
That was it—the end of the sea. Dallion had finally reached the solid barrier. At this point, he’d usually take the time to find a weakness, then slice through it and create a portal leading to the other side. With time being a luxury he didn’t have, Dallion resorted to the second best thing. Increasing the number of point attacks, he cast the magic depletion spell he had learned from Raven.
Lightning shot out in all directions, instantly ending Dallion’s flight spell as well as causing all magic threads to pull back.
“Shield!” Dallion summoned the armadil shield. “Cocoon me!” He performed one final point attack with his harpsisword.
The armadil shield expanded, becoming a metal sphere around Dallion. Half a second later, the impact tossed Dallion to the inside of it.
Your health has been reduced by 5%
Inertia and the force of will helped you breach into the tower’s core. You were lucky you didn’t go splat.
Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this story, consider joining my patreon or check out my other stories on redditserials:
The Scuu Paradox (a Space Opera Sci Fi)
The Cassandrian Theory (a Space Opera Sci Fi)
The Impeccable Adventure of the Reluctant Dungeon (Dungeon Core Adventure Comedy)
Uncharted Waters (An Urban Fantasy Detective Noir)
Book 3 will be available on Amazon from midnight tonight :D There will be an official post tomorrow, but here's a heads up to all impatient ones :D
submitted by LiseEclaire
to redditserials [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:23 throw_away_pleasee Sudden loss of our sweet kitten - scared of decision to cremate
My sweet Theo passed away last week at only 10 months old. The week we moved into our first home a group of young girls rang our door bell with the most calm and loving kitten I’ve ever seen, he had no home and they didn’t know what to do with him. We have 4 cats and knew that there was a reason he came to us! Our cats are everything to us and Theo was just the perfect addition to our lives. He slept with us every night and so quickly became our bestfriend and so loved but our friends and family as well. One day he managed to get ahold of a balloon and ate it, we weren’t aware until he was started throwing some of it up. After 2 weeks in the vet and a surgery he was doing much better! Then after a great update the night before from the vet we received a shocking call that something had happened and he suddenly passed. Me and my husband have been devastated. So many tears and the pain of the long life he never got the chance at and The guilt of how he managed to get ahold of a balloon. My vet has been so kind to give us time on what we want to choose for his afterlife care. I know that cremation is the right answer for us. My husband and I would suffer greatly to bring him home and have to bury him and we feel strongly this would cause us more pain. But it feels as though my brain is intentionally hurting me with these thoughts of burning my sweet boy )): I know this is just his physical vessel and he can’t feel the pain of it but I am struggling none the less ): I am hoping to know of someone who has this same fear and want to know if you were able to overcome it or if you ever regretted the decision you made. Thank you for any help
submitted by throw_away_pleasee
to Petloss [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:23 ahintz22 F This :(
Ugh- I am so frustrated. I knew getting a puppy would be hard, but man. She's 3 months old and honestly really well behaved, but we're having so much trouble with crating during the day. She goes in her crate without a peep and sleeps through the night, but she won't stay in there during the day. I can't contain her anywhere without her losing her shit. I had planned to set up a playpen for her to hang in as she got settled in and we worked on crate training, but she figured out how to escape within the first 24 hours. I tried putting her in a large bathroom with a baby gate so she could see out--she lost her shit. Been doing lots of crate training (all meals in crate, special treats, tshirt of mine in there, working on going in and out with door shut, she knows "go to your crate" and "lay down" and "be quiet" if she barks), but she still loses her shit when she's not in there for a meal or a special treat. I tried bringing her in there when she's tired or asleep, but she wakes up and walks out. I tried giving her a special chew toy in there--she tried to take it out. I feel like a fucking prisoner in my own house. I have errands to run, I need to go to the office, yet I feel like I can't leave because she'll go nuts and work herself up (not to mention, piss off my neighbors cuz I'm in an apartment complex). Having had cats my whole life, this is a very tough process. I love her, and she really is sweet, but I am going crazy feeling like I can't leave without inflicting psychological damage on her by confining her to a space she isn't comfortable in. She actually does fine out and about when I'm home, but I don't trust she could handle it on her own. Someone please help. I feel horrible that I have such regret, but I am really wondering if I've made a big mistake, but I don't think I could live with myself if I brought her back. :(
submitted by ahintz22
to puppy101 [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:23 Bronx_Fellow Solved: Windows 10/Debian dual-boot problem
Have 10 yr. old HP refurbed desktop, came with Win 10 Home. Added a few Debian installs to fiddle with. After a botched Pop! OS install, windows no longer booted(Linux still booted via grub menu). Here is how I accidently got windows to boot:
1)From within Debian, I obtained and installed Ventoy on a USB Flash Drive.
2)Obtain and load "Bob.Ombs.Modified.Win10PEX.64" into Ventoy.
3)Reboot into Ventoy. Run Bob.Ombs.Modified-
4)Choose "Repair Windows", then choose "DISM Repair(Offline)".
5)This allowed Windows to boot, but Grub was gone.
6)Booted Debian via Power_on setup screen. Re-installed and updated Grub.
This got my dual-boot working again(until the next tragedy). I thought I would be glad to see Windows again. I was not. Cheers.
submitted by Bronx_Fellow
to linuxquestions [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:22 NinjaRadiographer John Wicks entire Timeline from Chapter 1 to Chapter 4 (updated) Part 1 of 2 (Chapters 1 and 2)
So, I had quite a few messages from people asking when I was going to update this to include chapter 4 and finally it was released on download in the UK (29th) so I could finally watch it and get around to it because I haven’t seen it until now. I’ve kept the original timeline here because I’m quite happy with it and I’m just adding on Chapter 4. I will add someone messaged me that during chapter 3 when the assassins are getting the kill order to kill John there’s a brief shot of an assassin’s phone saying the date was December. I’m happy to go with this because I think the first 3 films are set around October-November time but we see no x-mas stuff anywhere in chapter 1 to 3 so its debateable if you want to call this an x-mas film like Die Hard. Also, I watched an interview with the director this morning and he states that he thinks the first 3 films are about a week and a half but wasn’t certain which I feel gives my timeline some authenticity and accuracy.
P.s Ive had to break this down into two parts because the character limit is 40,000 characters and ive gone well over that
Warning Major Major spoilers for these films are here because I detail out the plot as I go.
A couple of assumptions are made. Fights scenes are probably longer than we seen on screen and often because of the pacing of the film we don’t need to see John get from point A to B. Conversations also probably took longer than we see if they are walking from area to area and discussing things. Location distances also take time to get to and from places and I don’t know where locations in New York and around the world are so I’ve made a lot up at a best sort of guess. Sometimes I’ve used what I think when there’s no real reference in the film to how long something took for instance for the time of day, I’ve looked at the skyline in the background and estimated what time of day it is judging by how much sunlight there is. Basically, I’ve guestimated a lot. Chapter 4 was a lot harder as they kept moving countries and places and its probably longer than I’ve made it. Also, some of the fight scenes are longer than the time they actually show in the film (6 minute fight is 13minutes in the film) so take everything with a pinch of salt.
TLDR: The films start in the mid-late autumn judging by the scenes that we see.
John Wick 1 starts on Monday Day 1 at 6am and ends Saturday Day 6 at 3.45am (6 Days).
John Wick Chapter 2 starts on Monday Day 8 at 10pm and ends Friday Day 13 at 5pm (5 Days).
John Wick Chapter 3 starts on Friday Day 13 at 5pm and ends Sunday Day 22 at 7.05am (9 Days).
John Wick Chapter 4 starts on Monday Day 205 at 7.20 pm (6 months later) and ends unofficially on Thursday Day 221 at 6.11am (when John passes out (16 days)) and officially at Thursday Day 228 12.00pm (23 Days).
John does have periods of down time and rest so it’s safe to assume he goes to the toilet in that time and maybe brushes his teeth once in a while
The first Film starts on a Monday. Not because there’s any reference to days of the week in the films (there wasn’t that I could find) but because, in my opinion, nothing good ever happens on a Monday.
John Wick Chapter 1
Monday Day 1 6am.
· John in his bathroom and has a flash back of his wife’s illness and death (assumption is made that this has happened over the past 6 months or so).
· Funeral of his wife. Marcus arrives “Just checking up on an old friend”.
· Wake at Johns house.
· People leave say 8-9pm ish
· Daisy the Dog is delivered and John reads Helens letter.
· John and Daisy got to bed at 10.54pm (clock on the bed).
Tuesday Day 2 6am.
· John wakes at 6am.
· Get the paper and the dog goes to the toilet, coffee and breakfast.
· Gets in car
· Getting petrol (assumption its about an hour after they’ve left prob around 8am) and meets the Russians arrive. Losef meets John “I love dogs”, “Beautiful car how much?”, “Not for sale.” “Not this bitch”. Victor arrives “You have a good day sir”.
· John leaves for the airfield- Crazy driving trying to/not to kill himself.
· Next scene is evening (don’t have time base upon previous night) in bed so assumption was that he went to be around 11pm.
Wednesday Day 3 Early am.
· Dog wakes John early am.
· John goes downstairs – Russians attack john, smash his stuff and kill the dog “Sleep tight bitch”.
· John wakes probably an hour or so later and cradles the dog.
· John buries the dog early am (judging by the skyline)
· 6.19am the alarm gets turned off.
· Angry cleaning with flash backs.
· Russians take Johns car to Aureilo’s garage (assumption is made that its around 8am and that it takes at least an hou maybe 2 to get there. Seeing as they stole it before 5am I assume that they took it for a joy ride and did doughnuts for a while first). “I want new vin numbers and new papers”- “Where did you get that car?” (John most likely still cleaning at this time) “Get it out of my shop” “We own you” Aureilo slaps Losef “Viggo not going to like this”.
· 5pm deduced from John leaving in car in next scene it’s probably taken all day to clean up and then he had to get the bus. John arrives at Aureilos garage after taking the bus “Is it here?”, “It was.”, “Losef Tarasov nicked it.”, “Viggo’s son?”, “I need a ride.”.
· John leaves in borrowed car around 6pm.
· Evening, not long after, Aureilo gets a call from Viggo (skyline time of day deduction) “I heard you struck my son. May I ask why?”
· Viggo to Avi “Have you seen my son?”.
· About 7.30pm Losef arrives (most likely he spent all day stashing the car with his uncle from John Wick 2 and hanging out).
· Viggo beats Losef. “What did I do” “That fucking nobody was John Wick” Explanation of the Bogey man and killing 3 men with a pencil.
· At the same time John is at home and goes into the basement with a sledgehammer smashes the floor and gets his equipment.
· 30 mins later Viggo gets his phone book and calls John. John hangs up.
· Viggo tasks a crew.
· John has a shower and suits up.
· Viggo sits by the fire.
· Juging by the light its 10pm ish when the kill crew arrives. (This doesn’t quite work because the house exterior shot is quite bright but when the crew arrives its dark night).
· The crew attack John and John kills the crew (due to films cuts to keep the action it probably takes about 20 minutes. Time enough for a noise complaint to be made).
· Jimmy the police officer arrives at 10.30 “Evening John”, “Noise complaint”, “You working again John?”.
· John goes downstairs and makes a dinner reservation for 12 (the amount of people he’s killed not the time).
· Assumption is made that it’s 1 hour for Charlie and the clean up crew to arrive at about 11.30.
· Assumption it takes 2 hours to clean the house of blood and bodies.
Thursday Day 4 1.30am
· Clean up crew leave about 1.30am.
· Viggo is still in front of the fire and is informed of the failure of the kill crew. The contract is put on Johns head for $2Million (the light in the room shot is bright he’s prob been there all night debating if he should put out the contract)
· Assumption is 6am John loads bags into car and drives to the Continental.
· Judging by the light its around 8am Viggo arrives at Marcus’s house whilst he’s cutting veg and juicing. “Would you kill John Wick for $2 million?”.
· Marcus cleans and polishes his guns after Viggo leaves.
· John arrives at the Continental at 8.30am (assumption).
· Perkins greets John. Concierge (Charon) “I have you for 2 nights sir”.
· Cuts to evening say 8pm assumption is John had some sleep.
· John looks at video of his wife and then goes downstairs to the bar and sees Winston “Johnathan as I recall wern’t you the one tasked to doll out the beating?”.
· (At the same time) Viggo learns that John is at the Continental “We have a contact there who is willing to take him out for us”.
· John is still talking to Winston. “Have a drink and relax…for now.”.
· John goes to the bar “It’s been 5 with change”. (Length of time John’s been a free man and Viggo has been in serious business learned).
· John gets Losef’s location with his drink “Compliments of the house”.
· John leaves the bar at 8.15 (assumption all this took 15 mins)
· John goes upstairs and suits up and we learn Losef is being guarded in a nightclub.
· John arrives at the nightclub. I’m assuming that it took an hour to suit up and 45 minutes to get to the club therefore its around 10pm-10.15 pm.
· John gets the drop on Francis the big bouncer that’s lost weight and gets inside.
· John kills Victor and lots of people in the spar area.
· John makes his way upstairs and enters the pool area where Losef is. This is most likely on the top floor. The way the films cuts means it probably took 30-45 mins to get up there and find him its about 11pm.
· John kills lots of people.
· Losef runs onto the dancefloor.
· John kills lots of people on the dancefloor, atrium and balcony.
· Losef escapes in a car driven by Gregori.
· John leaves with a phone call to Losef. (the fights probably took 30 mins so its around 11.30pm.
Friday Day 5 12.15am.
· John arrives back at the Continental 45 minutes later at 12.15am. “Is the doctor in?”.
· Assumption is the Doctor took 20 minutes to arrives and 30 minutes patching up John the time is probably around 1.05am
· Marcus arrives on the roof opposite and gets John in his sights.
· John tries to sleep.
· Perkins enters the room.
· Marcus shoots the pillow warning John.
· Perkins and John fight “Viggos giving me $4 million to break hotel rules”. The phone rings as the concierge rings.
· John beats Perkins and answers the phone (noise complaint).
· Marcus leaves.
· Perkins tries to crawl away. Pekins tells John about the Little Russia Church front.
· Harry holds up John “Catch and release”.
· Cut to Morning of Day 5. Bright light indicates its around 9am. John is at the Church who takes the pills for fully mobility, then kills lots of people and destroys the vault stash using the priest (probably takes about 30minutes).
· John leaves and then goes to a roof top to wait.
· No indication of how long until Viggo arrives I assume its an hour so the time is 10.30.
· Viggo arrives and kill the priest. Perkins escapes and kills Harry at around the same time).
· John attacks Viggo as he leaves the church.
· John Wick kills a lot of people
· John gets hit by a car, knocked out and captured by Viggo and wakes up tied to a chair in the church. The fight was about 10 minutes he’s been unconscious about 20 minutes so the time is 11pm “Yeah I’m thinking I’m back”.
· Marcus has already arrived (no idea when) and shoots the thugs chocking John. John escapes, kills other thug, frees his hands, runs out, chases down Viggos car killing thug driving it.
· Viggo gives up his son and pull the contract on John. (whole thing probably took 5 minutes).
· Cut to Losef in a Brooklyn safehouse. Not knowing where John actually is let’s say it took him an hour to go straight there so the time when John arrives is 12.05.
· Judging by the fact that explosives are set and it takes time to get into position its probably 12.45
· John kills guard and snipes Gregori playing COD at 12.45pm
· John snipers lots of people.
· John kills guard watching Losef.
· John kill Losef at 1.00pm
· Viggo finds out Losef is dead probably 30 mins later at around 1.30pm “Make the arrangements”.
· Cut to John checking out of the Continental (It’s only been 1 night). Prob took him an hour to be there and an hour to clean up and pack however when he leaves its getting dark so he probably fixed himself up and rested for a while and so the time is around 5pm.
· John gets a new car and meets Marcus around 5.30-6pm “How many times do I have to save your ass?”.
· Perkins watches them and turns Marcus in (assumed but likely).
· Cut to night so 8pm ish. Marcus walks home and Viggo and his thugs surround him.
· John driving home gets aphonecall on his mobile from Viggo. Shows scene of Viggo having bruised knuckles from beating Marcus so assume 1 hour has passed (9pm).
· Marcus tries to escape. Perkins wounds him and Viggo kills him so Marcus dies around 9.15pm “Well played old friend”.
· John turns the car around and Viggo leaves “Fuel the chopper”.
· 45 mnutes-1 hour later John arrives at Marcus’s house (10.15pm).
· Concierge calls Perkins who watches John arrives.
· John finds Marcus.
· John leaves (not shown and Perkins leaves)
· Perkins arrives (no time reference so assume 30 mins) to meet the concierge and has her membership to the Continental revoked at 10.45pm. Clean up crew arrives.
· Couple of minutes must have passed. Ohn is called by Winston to tell him where Viggo is.
· John drives like a nutcase and crashes into Viggo at docks probably 45 minutes away so it’s 11.30.
· John kills many people with his car and guns.
· Viggo tres to kill John with his car and the stands waiting for him. “No more guns John. No more Bullets”.
· John kills Viggo 5 minutes later. The whole fight from his car arriving to Viggo dying was about 30 minutes so the time is 00.05am on Day 6.
Saturday Day 6 00.05am
· John kills Viggo at 00.05am “Be seeing you John.”.
· John gets up and leaves taking Viggos cars.
· Opening scene of John crashing into the vets. John is unconscious. He could have been out for a while so im assuming 3 hours because it’s still night.
· John breaks into vets and treats himself (probably 30 minutes).
· John rescues his dog (another 10 minutes).
· John leaves and walks home with his new dog at 3.45am on Saturday Day 6 since his wife’s funeral.
John Wick Chapter 2
John Wick Chapter 2 starts with him chasing down a motor cyclist whilst he looking for his car. We know that this film is a direct continuation of the first film so we can assume that a little time has passed for him to heal, bond with the dog and make investigations into where his car is (this is probably because he’s not the type to stop for anything judging by the first film). Assuming that he took a day to rest and make investigations its probably been 2 days since the end of John Wick so we start on Monday Day 8 since his wife’s funeral at 10 pm because its night in the opening scene and it all fits nicely with the idea that the first film is a week long.
Monday Day 8 10pm
· John chases down biker in Aureilo’s borrowed car. (We never actually see what became of it in the first film because he gets a new car due to “Last nights unpleasantness” with Perkins in the first film as he checks out. Probably takes about 30 minutes.
· John hits the biker, takes the gold card and heads to Abrams Warehouse. He arrives say 30 minutes later.
· “My fucking nephew killed a dog and stole a car”. John arrives, kills thugs and looks for his car (30 mins).
· John calls Abram “You have my car”.
· John finds the car and takes it back.
· John uses his car to try and escape and kill people.
· John kills lots of people (approx. 30 minutes has passed).
· John makes peace with abram at 00.00am.
· John leaves and takes his car.
Tuesday Day 9 7.30am
· Johns car is wrecked and he gets home in the morning. Judging by the light I’d say early morning. We know he lives about 2 hours from the city so assuming it took 7 hours and 30 mins (shown in a later scene) to get home because his car was barely crawling up the driveway (being a man of focus he was getting that car back).
· John goes and cleans up. The clock on his table says 7.30am. Showers and sleeps.
· Next scene is Aureilo arriving to pick up Johns car. I’m assuming its mid to late afternoon around 4.30pm. John is playing with his dog and we have a continuity error here because in John Wick 1 the dog was a puppy and here it is clearly an older dog but ‘Im choosing to ignore this because movie land reasons.
· Cut to next scene. John cleans up his suit and sorts out the basement from the first film. He makes cement and it probably takes him 3 hours so time is 8pm.
· Santino arrives at 8pm (its night out). Coffee and conversation about markers (probably 20 minutes).
· Santino leaves and blows up Johns house.
· John sees his house burn at 8.30.
· Cut to fire engine still fighting the fire so say the response time ect is about 30 mins later. Jimmy the cop is here “Gas leak?”.
· John leaves with the dog and walks off.
Wednesday Day 10 9am.
· John arrives at the continental early morning (looks around 9am so he walked for 12 hours as busses probably aren’t running and he’s a man of focus). “How good to see you again so soon Mr Wick”.
· John meets with Winston and converse about Santino D’antonio and the marker.
· 10 minutes later John boards the dog with Charon the concierge. John leaves for the national gallery.
· Probably 30 minutes to the gallery he gets frisked and meets Santino.
· They talk about the job for 10 minutes “My hands”.
· John leaves and travels to his deposit box “59.035” say another 30 minutes to get there.
· He suits up (another 30 minutes) “happy hunting Mr Wick”.
· Next scene hes in Rome so assuming an hour to the airport. Google tells me New York to Rome direct is an 8 hours and 15 minutes flight and an hour to the continental of Rome meaning total travel time is 10 hours and 15minutes because he had no delays or hold ups and everything happened perfectly because its movieland and therefore assuming every part of his trip was flawless. Rome is 6 hours behind New York (thanks to google again) so John arrives at his destination at 2.25 pm Rome time which fits with the film.
Wednesday Day 10 8.25pm USA, 2.25pm Rome.
· John is observed by Ayres the mute woman arriving at the Continental. “Welcome to the Continental of Rome”.
· He meets the manager “are you here for the pope?”.
· Next scene John is getting supplies and equipment. He must have checked in so I assume its an hour later.
· Suit, Guns and catacomb plans must have taken some time, Rush suit could have taken an hour to measure and 4 hours to make, Guns must have taken an hour along with the catacombs “Mr Wick do enjoy your party”.
· Ayres watches John leave 3 hours later.
· John suits up that night say 8pm Rome time (Which is Thursday Day 11 2am USA time)
· John enters the catacombs and takes about an hour and 30 mins to reach his target whilst leaving his weapons around.
· Gianna enjoys her party and meets Mr Riconi and then leaves to freshen her makeup.
· 10.30 Rome John meets Gianna in the bathroom. They talk for 10 minutes and she slits her wrists. John shoots her and leaves.
· John bumps into Cassian “You working?” they shoot each other and John runs.
· John kills a lot of people escaping.
· Cassian find Gianna.
· John gets to catacombs and meets Ayres “Loose ends?”.
· John kills a lot of people It takes about 30 minutes for John to escape the catacombs from killing Gianna.
· Cassian tries to run John over. They fight and crash through the window of the Continental. They wernt far from it so its assumed Joh had been walking for 20 minutes and they were fighting for 10 mins. Hey crash through about 11.40pm Rome which again fits with the film.
· In the bar they talk for about 5 minutes. Cassian leaves and Ayres is there as John goes to bed “Not if I see you first”.
· Its about 00.00am when Santino phones. John hangs up on him. Santino calls the exchange and puts a bounty on John. John phones the desk and says he’ll check out in the morning. So all this makes the time Thursday Day 11 0.005 am Rome and Thursday Day 11 6 am USA. The text messages go out at this time because they would have done it then and there was no delay despite this being shown in a later scene.
· Next scene is early AM assumed around 6am because that’s when John usually gets up so its Thursday Day 11 6am Rome and 12pm USA. John sorts his stuff and is escorted out by the manager “May you have a safe journey Mr Wick”.
· It takes 10 hours and 15 minutes to get back to New York making it 10.15pm. Cassian is seen in New York so it’s assumed he got the contract text and headed to the airport straightaway to beat John back knowing he wouldn’t be able to get him in Rome.
Thursday Day 11 10.15pm.
· Santino completes the marker book “you stabbed the devil in the back”.
· John walks through Chinatown and the train station, kills lots of people (some with a pencil) and finally faces Cassian on the tube where he stabs him in the Aorta as a professional courtesy. Judging by how beat up he is and how many people he faced it probably took him 2 and a half hours.
Friday Day 12 00.45am
· John escapes 2 assassins at the train station and gets taken by the homeless man to the Bowery King.
· Its early am say around 7 am when John wakes up. Hes had medicine and has been patched up so therefore its Friday Day 12 7am. John and the king talk for an Hourish “$7 million Dollars gets you 7 rounds”.
· John leaves for Santinos coronation.
· John arrives at the NYM meausum Mirror art exhibit . No way to judge it so im guessing it took 3 hours having traveled by tunnels and sewer making it about 11am.
· Santino sees john.
· John kills lots of people probably takes about an hour.
· Santino escapes and runs to the continental John kill Ayres at 12.00pm
· John follows Santino to the Continental which probably took an hour to get to as Santino was eating and waiting for John.
· John arrives at the hotel and kills Santino at 1pm whilst eating lunch “What have you done?”.
· John leaves, collects his dog and goes home.
· The next scene is a bit difficult to place John sits in his ruined house looking at his wifes necklace and its raining. He could have walked for 12 hours but its more likely (as he’s in the next part of the scene) that the concierge took him and waited for a call. This doesn’t quite fit as the conversation about the dog staying with him implys that he had just arrived but im assuming that john was mute the whole way there in the car. “Would you be so enclined”.
· They travel back 2 hours (2 hours there 2 hours back) which makes it exactly 5pm when they reach Winston.
· Theres a continuity error here as John Wick 3 starts at 5pm but Winstons watch clearly shows 4pm in this scene I imagine his battery has died an hour before is all I can think of.
· Wick and Winston talk and John gets a marker and the starts running “I’ll kill them all”.
· Here ends John Wick Chapter 2 Friday Day 13 at 5pm.
submitted by NinjaRadiographer
to JohnWick [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:22 IAmColiz Advice on wilting Rhododendron
| || |
TL;DR: I might have overwatered these, what should I do to save them? submitted by IAmColiz to gardening [link] [comments]
Looking for some advice before i kill my new flowers. My wife and I are fairly new to gardening, we had an empty spot in our front landscaping so we bought some Rhododendron plants to put there. A gentleman at the store saw what we were buying and warned us that because Rhododendron roots grow outward, we have to make sure to water them every day for a week or two (I believed him) while they establish. I planted them 3 days ago and have watered them every day, and they have instantly started to wilt and lose their petals. I did some more research (googling) about how to water rhododendrons and realized I am maybe watering them too much? But the speed at which they've declined is alarming and I want to confirm that I take the right next steps since I've clearly done something wrong. Sources basically say "they either have too much water, not enough water, too much sun, or not enough sun good luck". For context, we live in Pennsylvania, there hasn't been rain in 2 weeks, temperatures have been in the 70s with no clouds, I've been careful not to get the plants themselves wet because i heard that can lead to scorching. What should I do, is it too late to save them?