Worcester telegram obituary
2013.07.03 21:45 BrianM19 Massachusetts Politics
A place for news and discussion about politics in the Bay State
2023.05.27 06:09 ViralGeo RIP: Susan Swan Obituary - Christine Swan, a resident of Worcester, Engl...
2023.05.26 15:18 HRJafael Worcester Telegram vacating downtown office space
2023.05.23 01:04 DefenderOfMontrocity SAVE RFK Jr and Aaron Mate!! ISIS is trying to assassinate many Americans. Oh wait, it was just Ukraine. The only democracy in eastern Europe.
2023.05.17 06:10 rdewalt [Furry fandom/Webcomics] A followup to a two-year-old thread that I was just pointed to that I am a primary source in: Re: Four for the Price of One: How a venerable furry artist pulled off a harmless long con that lasted 30 years
Original Thread:: https://www.reddit.com/HobbyDrama/comments/mtkwxfurry_fandomwebcomics_four_for_the_price_of_one/
Hi, I'm the rdewalt referenced heavily in the above article. And the one who did the majority of the investigative work and have been the primary fandom liason with Albert's family. I also started a Telegram channel back when he passed away so people could have one common location to find out information.
Those who know me, know to validate that I am who I say I am. This story is always popping up on my radar every six months to a year since his death.
I knew Albert for 20 years, mid 97 until his death. I thought I knew him. Heck, He was one of the groomsmen in my wedding. He'd crash on my couch in DC when he came through the area for reasons. I knew what I thought was all about him. I had only the surface knowlege he let me know. But I was able to piece together the rest. > This saga primarily spans from 2000 to 2017 but reaches as far back as the late 1980s. As such, much of the story has been lost to the Graveyard of Early Internet. I've done my best to dig up original sources as much as possible, but some parts have been left to hearsay.
As the original source for the majority of the material presented, I'll fill in where I can. I have items that were never shown publicly. And out of respect for his family's wishes, I will not be revealing -every- tiny detail.
The majority of the post is accurate, the information mostly public anyway. >Shirley Chessler-Wakefield, who went by Shirleemouse online, was Katellis's wife.
They were not actually married "yet". For the remainder of this document, I'll use "CW" for Catswhisker and KE/S for Katellis and Shirley (They basically were a 'couple') Other minor characters will be named in full. > To date, the comic hasn't been continued.
And unless his brothers have something planned that they have not brought up in the past six years, it will not. Al kept -no- notes. Nothing was written down. He didn't have to work with a collaborator because he WAS his collaborators. I gained full access to his websites and made a copy of everything, so nothing has been lost. However at his brothers' wishes nothing is posted online. Al also may not have had a fullly detailed ending planned. Al -HATED- endings. I'd be in collaborations with him on various things, and rather than a simple "okay, lets wrap the story up here." he was -always- wanting stories open ended. BUT for Gene Catlow, he was starting what would actually be the Final Chapter.
He had spoken with Cecil, my spouse, and they were scheduled to collaborate on the post-Gene-Catlow stories that would have primarily focused on the side characters. He was planning on wrapping up the final bits of the comic, or at least BEGINNING the wrap up of the final when he passed away. In fact, one of the last pieces of art Gene posted was of Cecil's characters. So... there is that weight with us to have. >Immediately after Albert's death Catswhisker, KatEllis, and Shirleemouse went silent as well. No comic updates, no art, no comments, not a single word from any of them. This was understandable for a time, as they clearly needed time to grieve the loss of a loved one. But the silence went on, and on, and old suspicions began surfacing again.
This actually happened within hours, not weeks or months. It was in the immediate after-shock of Albert's death that I began hunting down his real life family as well as CW & KE/S. Within the hour even. I'm one of those people online that your mother warned you about. I basically "Doxxed" everyone ever involved with Albert that I did not have definitive phone numbers of or had met in person. From my friendship with Albert, I had the full names, ages and where they all lived of CatswhiskeKE/S (As well as the others not mentioned here). Or where they supposedly lived. I won't go into details of my methodolgy, since the information could potentially point people into methods to "Doxx" someone. But basically given the information I had available as well as the resources and connectons I had built up over the decades of my career, I came to answers.
Albert WAS Catswhisker, Shirley, Katellis, Badgerton, Burlington, Moonlight... > A number of people expressed concern over Catswhisker, but nobody had her contact information. At this point it seemed that everyone was reaching the same conclusion but nobody wanted to say it aloud.
Albert was "living" as anywhere from eight to ten people in JUST the furry fandom alone. Not just Gene/CW/KE&S but there were many others who, strangely, only interacted through gene, or through e-mail. >>It was verified to me by Rdewalt after I learned that KatEllis supposedly lived in Eugene, Oregon (Eugene is also Gene and CW’s son) and there is no record of a Richard Katellis living in that town.
Ad revenue checks for Katellis's comic were on Al's desk. One of his Laptops was logged into Shirley's mail, another in various IM clients as various people. Every piece of information pointed to Albert's condo, or to mail boxes he owned "for them" > I wouldn’t say deceived horribly. I’m not upset by it. This is why Rdewalt asked me to not say anything, because of fear of trolls that might soil Al’s memory.
Al was at the very worst, only lying in the fact that he didn't tell us the whole truth. As everyone says, at the end of the day, it was innocent. > Kiwifarms
I read the Kiwifarms drama, I refused to participate. I felt unclean even looking at that site. I responded to nobody there. Even the truth, trolls would manipulate in troll ways. >It bears reiterating that this wasn't as simple as one person with a few sockpuppet accounts. Albert cultivated four different personas,
Closer to a dozen. Gene/CW/Katellis/Shirley were the four Most Commonly Known.
The images about Catswhiskers I have. And two more that Al never posted publicly. Image analysis shows they were all different women. Face features, eye colors, eaeye/nose/mouth shapes all different. They were scans of film photos (Al was very much a film camera fanatic, even when many of us were using digital.) Every photo I shared with his family, none of them knew who the women were. I met his family in person at Al's wake held after his death. I had met his brothers in passing years before at conventions, but never more than a casual handshake and hello. They told me he -had- no girlfriend, let alone someone as serious as CW. You'd think he'd tell them about her?
Albert compartmentalized his life VERY strongly. Family, fandom, work? Each got a distinct Albert.
I met his boss of 20 years. The man didn't know Al could draw, could play several instruments, knew NOTHING about Al. He was at the wake, hearing stories, and said he had no idea who he was working with all those years.
The REAL proofs to me was in working with his family. His personal cellphone was accessible and contained -no- photos of CW, nor Jamaica. THAT was the biggest key in this. What guy in a long distance relationship has NO photos of his girlfriend on his phone? Nothing in his phone had any indications it had EVER been to Jamaica. Also? Her story didn't make sense. Why was she in Jamaica? "Witness protection program" he told me. That's not possible, the federal witness protection program doesn't relocate you to other countries. ADDITIONALLY, you don't GET to keep your old contacts and interact with everyone from your 'old' life.
Also, if she was forced to live in Jamaica? Why was Al still in the US? Why did he have NO plans to move there? What guy THAT devoted to his love, would have stayed in the US for 15 years, only going once or twice a year to visit? That never set well with me. >The only halfway convincing explanation I can come up with is that one of Albert's (allegedly numerous) computers was still logged in to Catswhisker's Furaffinity when his brothers were clearing it out, and they left that message as consolation to the fans. But that would ultimately be a cruel joke.
He was an avid technology collector. I've spent my entire career in similar, so we talked a LOT about them. He had easily two or three hundred computers in his condo, of which a dozen were kept in active use AND unlocked. Those were the true proofs since he was logged into multiple e-mail accounts of the people we didn't know he was. I offered my skills to his brothers in digging through any locked computers for archival purposes. He was their family's computer guru. But it was the only skill I had that was beyond his. He was good at ANYTHING he set his mind to. I knew He did not have encrypted drives since he never used an operating system on a computer newer than Windows 98. This was something I had talked to him at length on. So it isn't a surprise to know they were all wide open, not even a password. > (faked his death mention in a comment)
I would love for this to have been true. I was the one who made the calls to his local police for a wellness check. I was on the phone when he was found. I have seen his autopsy report, I will not detail it here. There was a LOT about him that he hid even from those of us who felt we were Real Close Friends.
Three weeks before his death, he was at my house, no big deal, we'd get together every other month or so for a day of drawing, comics, geeking out on things, you name it. My last photo of him is him sitting next to my son at lunch the month before that. I had jokingly brought up the "Gene is Katellis" line of thought. His reaction was genuine enough brushing it off, that even after finding the truth, he pulled one over on us all. The subject changed, and I thought nothing else of it. I didn't think at all he was lying. >This was a monumental undertaking, and the man kept it up for decades.
And not just one person, a dozen. Many felt as real as if I had known them in person. I'd "talked" to most of them in IMs. Not knowing it was Al in every case. > There was no obituary and, as mentioned earlier, no follow-up on the whole "continuing Gene Catlow once Albert's brothers wade through his notes" thing.
Obituary is by the family. I do not know why they did not run one.
The lack of follow up? I have information (80% confidence) that they found nothing, and what they did find was such that they have chosen to close it as is. Let us remember what we had. > Anyone who seems to know anything solid fell silent pretty quickly.
He had a heart condition. He collected computers, having an almost literal personal museum of personal computers spanning literally ALL of technology. > Aside from the Rdewalt journals, all information I gathered about Albert's death and the aftermath was second- or thirdhand sources.
I will answer any questions if anyone still has any. I have significant primary sources I cannot share due to his family's requests, and I am for this post a primary source as well. >I've wanted to share this story for some time; not to mock the people involved, but to document one of the strangest and most poignant stories I've found on the internet. I don't know if the full truth will ever be known at this point. Maybe it's better that way?
He was multiple people online. His "why?" answer died with him. His family lost a brother. The Fandom lost a van full of people. Gene was so nice and kind, he had enough kindness to be ten earnestly kind people.
It was a bit of a shock to find this old thread. Thank you everyone for being respectful. Al did a lot for us, the death and finding out that he was so many people was traumatic. To this day, we're still in disbelief.
EDIT:: Additional story writeup of the actual "finding his passing"
Everyone knows he did the GeneCatlow comic. He obsessively did it. His comic was seventeen YEARS 3 days a week, never ONCE did he miss an update. He was Obsessively ON TIME with that comic. Like set-your-clock levels of update regularity.
The fact that he missed an update (a monday) was the first hint something was wrong. Al NEVER missed an update. Like, the world could be collapsing, the ground upheaving, aliens vaporizing entire towns, and he'd stop and update his comic.
He missed a second update. (Wednesday) . THAT was what made us start to worry. Even when on travel, he had strips queued up. So something was WRONG. I called his cellphone, his work cellphone. One mutual lived 20 min away (My house was a good two hour drive to his, he lived north of Oakland, I lived south of San Jose.) And found his car in the parking lot, covered in recent tree debris. (That from piecing together neighbor stories meant his cars hadn't moved since Saturday.) His mail box was STUFFED with mail, and none of his neighbors had heard or seen anything of him in days.
Did some digging around, and there was NOTHING indicating he was on travel or had left town.
I called the local police, put in a "Wellness check" and given his age (he was 60 at time of death) and the rest of information I could provide, they sent a patrol to check. The corroborating evidence at the scene and a check of local hospitals, and the decision was made to breach his front door. Friend on scene provided a photo of Al, and the police gave us the news. (We never saw his actual body, the police immediately sealed the scene and checked for foul play, of which there was none.)
From there, I began hunting people. I knew his brother's first name, and went from there to start finding people.
submitted by rdewalt
to HobbyDrama [link] [comments]
2023.05.09 11:16 Nemacolin 2022 Mass Killings in the United States
Mass killings in the United States, 2022
Four or more dead (Suicides Indicated by an asterisk)
By a single killer (The killer is charged or would have been charged had he lived.)
Minors cannot generally be held legally liable for a murder or homicide. Such cases are included here with an annotation.
By any criminal means
The editor aims to include all cases. This leads to a presumption to publish. I welcome corrections and additions.
1) 3 January 2022 near Columbia MO, 4* killed (reckless driving) (https://www.kansascity.com/news/state/missouri/article257034362.html
2) 5 January 2022 Philadelphia PA, 12 killed (arson) (https://www.inquirer.com/news/live/philadelphia-fire-fairmount-victims-cause-pha-updates-20220106.html?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=android&utm_campaign=app_android_article_share&utm_content=Q6PGDDWTFFCABLSCSVKADONNQQ
) Reports indicate a minor child caused the fire. He cannot be charged in the usual sense of the word. Included here as an editorial decision.
3) 10 January 2022 Jean NV, 4* killed (reckless driving) (https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/local-nevada/california-man-identified-as-one-of-4-killed-in-wrong-way-crash-2513381/
4) 22 January 2022 Las Vegas NV 9* killed (reckless driving) (https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/killed-critically-injured-north-las-vegas-crash-82561965
5) 27 January 2022 Delray Beach FL, 6 killed (reckless driving) (https://www.huffpost.com/entry/florida-teen-151-mph-crash-killed-6_n_62643f17e4b0197ae3f641ab
6) February 2022 Corsicana TX, 5* killed (shot) (https://www.nbc15.com/2022/02/05/police-gunman-killed-four-then-himself-texas/
7) 6 February 2022 Monroe County GA, 4* killed (eluding the police/reckless driving) (https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/4-die-in-fiery-crash-after-evading-attempted-traffic-stop-deputies-say
8) 7 February 2022 Oldham County TX, 4* killed (reckless driving) (https://kfor.com/news/local/4-oklahomans-including-3-kids-killed-in-texas-crash/
9) 18 February 2022 Houston TX, 4* killed (reckless driving) (https://abc13.com/four-people-killed-fiery-crash-fatal-accident-bush-intercontinental-airport-traffic/11576919/
10) 25 February 2022 Granbury TX, 4* killed (shot) (https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local/four-dead-including-two-children-apparent-murder-suicide-granbury/287-e3916f83-7597-4c0f-8962-81423cbd7084
11) 26 February 2022 Hartford CT, 4* killed (reckless driving) (https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/4-dead-in-wrong-way-crash-on-i-84-in-hartford/2728453/
12) 28 February 2022 Sacramento CA, 5* killed (shot) (https://apnews.com/article/shootings-california-sacramento-11cb51080857646dea8f890c965ce97b
13) 9 March 2022 Harvey IL, 4* killed (reckless driving) (https://nypost.com/2022/03/10/chicago-car-crash-kills-four-people-after-suv-hit-moving-freight-train/
14) 15 March 2022 Hobbs NM, 9* killed (reckless driving, DWI) (https://www.news4jax.com/sports/2022/07/14/ntsb-dad-not-boy-was-driving-truck-that-hit-golfers-van/
) Reports no longer indicate a minor child was driving at a high speed when a tire blew. Now it seems the father was driving while high on meth.)
15) 27 March 2022 Salem OR, 4 killed (DWI/reckless driving) (https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/27/us/salem-oregon-crash-unhoused-camp/index.html
16) 8 April 2022, Jackson County MS, 4* killed (shot) (https://www.wlox.com/app/2022/04/08/four-dead-after-shooting-latimer-community/?outputType=apps
17) 18 April 2022 Cooleemee NC, 4* dead (shot) (https://www.wbtw.com/news/state-regional-news/north-carolina-house-fire-ruled-murder-suicide-4-shot-killed/
18) 20 April 2022 Duluth MN, 5* killed (shot) (https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/unimaginable-tragedy-five-people-dog-found-dead-minnesota-home-rcna25294
19) 23 April 2022 Stone County AR, 4 killed (shot) (https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2022/ap23/4-people-shot-killed-at-2-houses-in-stone-county/
20) 27 April 2022 Gulfport MS, 4* killed (shot) (https://www.wsaz.com/2022/04/27/3-dead-biloxi-hotel-shooting-police-standoff-with-suspect/
21) 1 May 2022 Dayton OH, 4* killed (reckless driving/speeding) (https://www.daytondailynews.com/local/multiple-fatalities-reported-after-vehicle-crashes-into-pole-in-dayton/3HSG3YS3BVCZFMPO4KXOBSW4GY/
22) 6 May 2022 Saint Louis MO, 4 killed (reckless driving/evading arrest) (https://www.kmov.com/2022/05/07/least-1-dead-others-taken-hospital-after-severe-crash/
23) 12 May 2022 Mulberry AK, 4 killed (reckless driving/wrong way) (https://www.nola.com/news/article_94d856fc-d2dd-11ec-b645-5f333b1f70df.html
24) 14 May 2022 Buffalo NY, 10 killed (shot) (https://www.huffpost.com/entry/bc-us-buffalo-supermarket-shooting_n_6280050be4b04353eb0533fc
25) 14 May 2022 Worchester MA, 4 killed (arson) (https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local/woman-indicted-in-connection-with-fire-that-killed-4-in-worceste2849427/
26) 19 May 2022 Spring TX, 4* killed (shot) (https://abc13.com/spring-texas-murder-suicide-cypresswood-police-activity-quadruple-shooting/11868529/
27) 20 May 2022 Anderson SC, 4* killed (reckless driving) (https://www.wltx.com/article/traffic/4-killed-3-hurt-head-on-collision-south-carolina/101-68ac4e4a-dc06-4de2-b481-b284eec5c479
28) 22 May 2022 Riverside AL, 4* killed (shot) (https://www.wvtm13.com/article/4-dead-after-apparent-murder-suicide-in-riverside/40069735
29) 23 May 2022 Wilmer TX, 4* killed (reckless driving/wrong way) (https://www.fox4news.com/news/dallas-county-wrong-way-crash-leaves-4-dead-including-2-children
30) 24 May 2022 Uvalde TX, 21 killed (shot) (https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2022/05/24/active-shooter-reported-at-uvalde-elementary-school-district-says/
) School massacre
31) 27 May 2022 Stanwood MI, 4 killed (shot) (https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/sheriff-husband-suspected-killings-woman-kids-85042695
32) 30 May 2022 Guilford CT, 4* killed (reckless driving/wrong way) (https://www.fox61.com/article/news/local/new-haven-county/guilford-fatal-wrong-way-crash/520-bd3a1377-5cc2-4b5b-8494-2f90eef3f485
33) 30 May 2022 Savanah GA, 5 killed (reckless boating/high-speed collision) (https://www.wtoc.com/2022/05/30/5-killed-4-injured-boat-collision-wilmington-river-dnr-investigates/
34) 31 May 2022 Wyoming MI, 4* killed (shot) (https://www.wzzm13.com/article/news/local/wyoming/wyoming-fatal-shooting-investigation/69-d505948f-6946-4875-ae08-d8f1fc36b04e
35) 1 June 2022 Tulsa OK, 5* killed (shot) (https://www.newson6.com/story/6297e473b3d9c70737df760c/police-responding-to-shooting-at-tulsas-warren-clinic
36) 2 June 2022 Leon County TX, 5 killed (stabbed) (https://vinnews.com/2022/06/03/fugitive-suspected-of-killing-family-of-five-taking-truck/
37) 14 June 2022 Casselberry FL 4* killed (shot) (https://nypost.com/2022/06/14/child-among-4-shot-dead-in-florida-triple-murder-suicide/
38) 15 July 2022 Tulsa OK 5* killed (shot) (https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/oklahoma-hospital-shooting-several-wounded-some-killed-police-say
39) 18 June 2022 Girard Township MI, 4* killed (reckless driving) (https://www.woodtv.com/news/branch-county/4-killed-in-girard-township-head-on-crash/
40) 28 June 2021 Mendon MO, 4* killed (reckless driving) (https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/state-and-regional/safety-upgrades-urged-for-site-of-amtrak-wreck-that-killed-4/article_d87b3eaa-192b-5e9a-8bc7-ff9446220da2.html#tracking-source=home-top-story
41) 29 June 2022 Encinal TX, 4 killed (reckless driving) (https://vinnews.com/2022/06/30/texas-police-4-migrants-killed-in-smuggling-attempt/
42) Before 1 July 2022 Ramsey County MN, 5* killed (intentional drowning) (https://apnews.com/article/minnesota-minneapolis-ca49c026e477554b6b96329ecbb3b782
) Familicide Female killer
43) 1 July 2022 Camden County GA, 4 killed (Vehicular homicide) (https://www.thelegaladvocate.com/news/breaking/charles-davenport-camden-county-dui-dwi-truck-crash-interstate-95
) driver charges with Attempted vehicular homicide, expected to be upgraded
44) 4 July 2022 Highland Park IL 7 killed (shot) (https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62042636
45) 22 July 2022 Jackson County IA, 4* killed (shot) (https://apnews.com/article/police-shootings-iowa-13ccc3d47f39642da299278c604fbd8c
46) 22 July 2022 Phoenix AZ, (reckless driving) (https://www.kold.com/2022/12/05/2-teens-indicted-murder-charges-deadly-street-racing-crash-that-killed-4-july/
) street racing
47) 23 July 2022 Newark NJ 4* killed (reckless driving) (https://nypost.com/2022/07/23/at-least-four-dead-in-early-morning-wreck-in-newark/
) street racing
48) 26 July 2022 Fairbanks AK, 4* killed (shot) (https://www.alaskasnewssource.com/2022/07/27/4-children-dead-after-15-year-old-shot-3-siblings-self-troopers-say/
) familicide-suicide (oddly a child killed the other children)
49) 27 July 2022 Danbury CT, 4* killed (strangulation) (https://www.newstimes.com/news/article/Danbury-police-Three-children-woman-found-dead-17333918.php
) Apparent familicide-suicide, female killer.
50) 27 July 2020 Rio Vista CA, 4* killed (reckless driving/DUI) (https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/07/29/rio-vista-fatal-crash-swerving-car-hit-vacationers-suv-police-say/
51) 31 July 2022 Hampshire IL, 8 killed* (reckless driving). (I 90 crash today in McHenry County, Illinois: 7 dead, including 5 children, in wrong-way crash near Anthony Rd. in Hampshire - ABC7 Chicago 1) driving the wrong way on a highway, female killer
52) 1 August 2022 McHenry County IL, 7* killed (reckless driving) (https://wgntv.com/news/mother-4-children-among-7-killed-in-mchenry-county-crash/
) wrong-way driver female killer
53) 3 August 2022 LaFollette TN, 4* killed (not reported) (https://www.wate.com/news/campbell-county-news/tbi-four-killed-in-suspected-murder-suicide-in-lafollette-identified/
54) 4 August 2022 Los Angeles CA, 6 killed (DWI/vehicular homicide) (https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2022-08-04/windsor-hills-fiery-crash-kills-multiple-people-pregnant-woman
) six killed counting an unborn child, female killer
55) 4 August 2022 Laurel NE, 4 killed (shot/arson) (https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/man-suspected-of-killing-4-people-in-laurel-house-fires-arrested-by-nebraska-state-patrol/ar-AA10m2LA
56) 5 August 2022 Butler Twp OH, 4 killed (shot) (https://edition.cnn.com/2022/08/05/us/ohio-four-people-fatally-shot/index.html
) active shooter
pp) 5 August 2022 Nescopeck PA, 10 killed (arson) (https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2022/08/05/nescopeck-house-fire-ten-dead/
57) 7 August 2022 Galveston TX, 4 killed (DWI/reckless driving) (https://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=88070371
58) 15 August 2022 Sanderson TX, 4* killed (reckless driving) (https://www.yahoo.com/now/4-killed-high-speed-chase-233020763.html
) eluding a police chase
59) 20 August 2022 Miami Lakes FL, 5 killed (reckless driving) (https://vinnews.com/2022/08/20/wrong-way-crash-leaves-5-dead-in-miami-dade-county/
) wrong way on a divided highway
60) 23 August 2022 Lynn MA, 4* killed (shot) (https://nypost.com/2022/08/24/massachusetts-triple-murder-suicide-leaves-4-relatives-dead/
) familicide female killer (https://www.thedailybeast.com/facebook-post-could-reveal-motive-after-4-members-of-family-die-in-murder-suicide-in-lynn-massachusetts?ref=home
61) 25 August 2022 Tucson AZ, 4* killed (shot) (https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tucson-shooting-deborah-martinez-garibay-pima-county-constable-4-killed-eviction-arizona/
) police raid gone wrong
62) 28 August 2022 Houston TX, 4 killed (arson/shot) (https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/houston-mass-shooting-4-dead/285-e86ef8c6-da0e-4b97-ae52-2839eb33b633
) killer killed by police and not included
63) 29 August 2022 Towner County ND, 4* dead (shot) (https://www.valleynewslive.com/2022/08/30/law-enforcement-are-actively-investigating-crime-scene-towner-county/
64) 2 September 2022 Pinal County AZ, 4 killed (Not reported) (https://www.kold.com/2022/09/05/authorities-four-killed-by-relative-near-casa-grande/
65) 3 September 2022 Memphis TN, 4 killed (shot) (https://nypost.com/2022/09/07/memphis-police-warn-man-randomly-shooting-while-livestreaming/
) Active shooter
66) 9 September 2022 Elkton MD 5* killed (shot) (https://www.live5news.com/2022/09/09/5-killed-shooting-maryland-officials-say/
) familicide, murder-suicide
67) 10 September 2022 Florence SC, 4 killed (reckless driving) (https://myfox8.com/news/south-carolina/4-killed-after-car-train-collide-saturday-night-in-florence/
) Speeding into the side of a stationary train; unclear if the driver died
68) 11 September 2022 Richburg SC,4 killed (reckless driving) (https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/fatal-crash-involving-multiple-cars-shuts-down-part-interstate-77-york-county/TXBAJK6JWNFWBK4DOAVDODTWMM/
) wrong-way driver on a divided highway; unclear if the driver was killed
69) Before 6 October 2022 Merced County CA 4 killed (not reported) (https://nypost.com/2022/10/06/jesus-manuel-salgado-in-custody-after-california-family-found-dead/
70) 6 October 2022 Clarence NY, 4* killed (shot) (https://www.news10.com/news/four-dead-in-erie-county-murder-suicide/
71) 7 October 2022 Fort Worth TX, 4 killed (shot) (https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/texas/articles/2022-10-09/police-4-killed-in-drug-related-shooting-in-fort-worth
) reportedly drug-related
72) 9 October 2022 Inman SC, 5 killed (shot) (https://nypost.com/2022/10/11/suspect-in-south-carolina-quintuple-homicide-arrested-after-police-chase/
) home invasion
73) 9 October 2022 Okmulgee OK, 4 killed (shot) (https://abcnews.go.com/US/friends-killed-violent-shooting-dismembered-thrown-oklahoma-rivestory?id=91628797
74) 11 October 2022 Royalton NY, 4 killed (vehicular homicide) (https://buffalonews.com/news/local/accident-and-incident/troopers-identify-four-killed-in-royalton-collision-of-rv-and-caarticle_713b100a-4a23-11ed-a59d-9b40ecd3ae4b.html
) ran a stop sign
75) 13 October 2022 Raliegh NC, 5 killed (shot) (https://vinnews.com/2022/10/13/mayor-5-killed-by-n-carolina-shooter-suspect-contained/
) “active shooter”
76) 17 October 2022 Woodbridge VA 4 killed (shot) (https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/northern-virginia/4-found-shot-to-death-in-woodbridge-home/3184467/
77) 19 October 2022 South Fulton GA, 4 killed (arson) (https://www.ajc.com/news/crime/massive-house-fire-that-killed-4-in-south-fulton-ruled-arson-10k-reward-offered/EIZT5NUH7JBCXIO3AKRI3L7NDA/
) awaiting word on one killer
78) 21 October 2022 Hartland WI, 6* killed (shot) (https://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news/all-6-hartland-fire-victims-sustained-gunshot-wounds-police-chief-confirms
) Familicide, murder-suicide
79) 24 October 2022 Buffalo NY 4 killed (reckless driving/auto theft) (https://www.wgrz.com/article/news/local/crash-on-westbound-33-causes-major-delays/71-510a50b7-4623-4114-91d9-1a881adebfed
80) 26 October 2022 Lubbock TX, 4* dead (shot) (https://www.everythinglubbock.com/news/local-news/identities-released-for-4-killed-after-shots-fired-house-fire-in-lubbock/
81) 28 October 2022 Broken Arrow OK, 8* killed (shot) (https://abcnews.go.com/US/dead-oklahoma-house-fire-police/story?id=92240575
) murder-suicide, familicide
82) 30 October 2022 Aurora CO, 4 killed (shot) (https://www.9news.com/article/news/local/4-injured-1-dead-aurora-shooting/73-38d302e5-c952-45ec-94dc-43603a82a6e7
) Home invasion
83) 4 November 20222 La Plata MD, 5* (shot) (https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/shooting-reported-at-home-in-la-plata-maryland/3200367/
84) 4 November 2022 Orlando FL 4 killed (shot) (https://www.wesh.com/article/orlando-myers-drive-4-dead/41865958
) attempted murder-suicide
85) 4 November 2022 Near Goodnight TX, 4* killed (vehicular homicide) (https://abc7amarillo.com/news/local/3-guatemalan-nationals-among-4-killed-in-head-on-crash-on-us-287-texas-department-of-public-safety-says-armstrong-county-clarendon-goodnight-andre-arango-lopez-abdul-mirzada-fredy-mateo-lopez-uriel-lopez-y-lopez-kenis-lopez-martinez-texas-highway-patrol
) wrong way driving
86) 8 November 2022 Kannapolis NC, 4* killed (vehicular homicide) (https://www.wbtw.com/news/state-regional-news/4-killed-several-injured-in-wrong-way-crash-on-i-85-in-north-carolina/
) wrong way on a highway
87) 9 November 2022 Wood County TX, 4* killed (vehicular homicide) (https://www.kltv.com/2022/11/10/teen-among-4-killed-wood-county-multi-vehicle-crash/
) ran a stop sign
88) 11 November 2022 Marshalltown IA 4* killed (reckless driving) (https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/four-children-dead-following-a-car-crash-in-marshalltown/ar-AA13M8cp
) a high-speed crash on a residential street
89) 13 November 2022 Moscow ID 4* killed (stabbed) (https://www.ci.moscow.id.us/CivicSend/ViewMessage/Message/186765
90) 13 November 2022 Wayne County NC, 4* killed (reckless driving) (https://www.wect.com/2022/11/15/4-killed-head-on-collision-wayne-county-including-2-holly-springs-teenagers/
) wrong way on a divided highway
91) 16 November 2022 Phoenix AZ, 5* killed (shot) (https://nypost.com/2022/11/18/phoenix-dad-kills-wife-three-young-kids-in-murder-suicide/
) murder-suicide Familicide
92) 17 November 2022 Pittsburg CA 5* killed (vehicular homicide) (https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/east-bay/fatal-crash-highway-4-in-pittsburg/3080894/
) wrong way on a divided highway
93) 18 November 2022 Chester VA, 4 killed (shot) (https://richmond.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/update-maryland-man-accused-of-killing-3-children-former-girlfriend-in-chestearticle_9378262b-b04d-5b78-933d-1e9525414273.html
94) 19 November 2022 Colorado Springs CO 5 killed (shot) (https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/20/us/colorado-springs-shooting-gay-nightclub/index.html
95) 20 November 2022 Hennessey OK, 4 killed (shot) (https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/4-people-found-dead-oklahoma-marijuana-farm-chinese-nationals-executed-rcna58463
96)20 November 2022 Peoria AZ 4 killed* (Vehicular homicide/DWI) (https://www.12news.com/article/traffic/2-adults-1-teen-dead-peoria-car-crash/75-5c2e3de1-e666-4ea7-bb46-5038c8ce31bb
) Drink driver
97) 22 November 2022 Chesapeake VA, 7* killed (shot) (https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/at-least-7-dead-including-suspect-in-shooting-at-a-walmart-in-virginia-police-say/ar-AA14rrwO
98) 30 November 2022 Buffalo Grove IL, 5* killed (stabbed) (https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/buffalo-grove-murders-2-children-among-5-found-dead-in-domestic-related-incident/ar-AA14L4kC
) apparent familicide, possible murder-suicide
99) 1 December 2022 New Castle DE, 4* killed (vehicular homicide) (https://www.fox29.com/news/delaware-state-police-4-killed-in-head-on-crash-on-i-495-in-new-castle
) Wrong way on a divided highway
100) 3 December 2022 Louisville KY, 4* killed (shot) (https://www.wave3.com/2022/12/03/lmpd-4-killed-murder-suicide-valley-station-neighborhood/
) Murder-suicide, familicide
101) 4 December 2022 Birthright TX, 4 killed (vehicular homicide) (https://www.cbs19.tv/article/news/local/4-killed-10-hurt-in-east-texas-crash/501-9a512934-234a-433b-8e19-c6144f5cb232
102) 10 December 2022 Castine ME, 4 killed (vehicular homicide/DWI) (https://www.wmtw.com/article/driver-maine-crash-killed-4-students-indicted-manslaughte43541492
103) 14 December 2022 Placer County CA, 4* killed (vehicular homicide/DWI) (https://www.kcra.com/article/granite-bay-deadly-crash-dui-confirmed-toxicology/43330210
submitted by Nemacolin
to masskillers [link] [comments]
2023.04.15 02:13 augustus_octavian82 Anybody know where this is?
2023.03.31 13:55 RobertFahey 50 years ago, April 1973
2023.03.28 08:41 rjptrink Newspapers.com request
submitted by rjptrink
to Genealogy [link] [comments]
2023.03.25 20:33 SnooAdvice5207 STORY SUGGESTIONS (UK)
John George Haigh
’s gruesome murder spree shocked British society during a time when crime rates were relatively low compared to today’s standards. His methods were particularly heinous; not only did he brutally kill innocent victims but also destroyed any remaining evidence by dissolving their bodies in acid baths so they could never be identified or laid to rest properly. Although it has been over 70 years since his capture and execution, John George Haigh is still remembered today as one of Britain’s most notorious serial killers ever caught – ensuring that no one will ever forget “The Acid Bath Murderer”. A forensic scientist sifted through the sludge and acid from the vats and sound a a gallstone to identify one of the victims. Neville George Clevely Heath
(6 June 1917 – 16 October 1946) was an English murderer who killed two young women in the summer of 1946. He was executed
in Pentonville Prison
, in October 1946. The murdered women had a diamond shaped weals on their bodies. George Joseph Smith
(11 January 1872 – 13 August 1915) was an English serial killer
who was convicted and subsequently hanged for the murders of three women in 1915. The case became known as the Brides in the Bath Murders. As well as being widely reported in the media, it was significant in the history of forensic pathology
and detection. It was also one of the first cases in which striking similarities between connected crimes were used to prove guilt, a technique used in subsequent prosecutions
. He got away with his murders for so long as the obituaries were oily in the papers in the town he was living in each time and he was always on the move. Stephen Port
: Who is the 'Grindr killer' - and were opportunities missed to stop him sooner? The police missed vital clues, allowing him to murder more men. CHRISTOPHER HALLIWELL
Former Detective Superintendent Steve Fulcher took charge of the case and his team's findings led them to taxi driver Christopher Halliwell, who murdered both women and is currently serving a double life sentence.
Steve is no longer working for Wiltshire police, having left the force back in 2014, but his decision to hand in his notice wasn't one he made lightly. The twist to this story is that although he saved future victims, he didn’t carry out the correct protocol because he knew he had no time to waste and his career in the police ruined.
( Dr Crippen Wife Murderer Fled with his mistress who was dressed as boy on a passenger ship. He was the first person to be caught by a telegram to the ship
submitted by SnooAdvice5207
to mrballen [link] [comments]
2023.03.21 22:25 jookco Death - Obituary : Urgent plea to help Holly and Ivy find a forever home together in Worcester, UK
2023.03.18 20:13 jookco Death - Obituary : URGENT: Help Holly and Ivy find a Forever Home in Worcester, UK! #WORCESTER #UK #AdoptDontShop
2023.03.16 21:46 Arch2000 Obituary request
Can anyone provide me the obituary page for the Long Beach Press-Telegram for September 23, 1941?
submitted by Arch2000
to Genealogy [link] [comments]
2023.03.11 13:21 kwagenknight Big day of Estimated Russian Equipment & Personnel Losses (2nd Pic shows Infographic of loss statistics)
2023.03.09 23:16 ZonkerStout Newly Digitized Bibliography of Abbie Hoffman
Index Digitalized In Full
Books (in chronological order) Hoffman, Abbie. Revolution for the Hell of It. New York: Dial, 1968. Reprint, New York: Pocket Books, 1970. ' *
---------- . Woodstock Nation: A Talk-Rock Album. New York: Vintage, 1969.
---------- . Steal This Book. New York. Pirate Editions, 1971.
Hoffman, Abbie, Jerry Rubin, and Ed Sanders. Vote! New York: Warner Paperback Library, 1972.
Hoffman, Abbie, and Anita Hoffman. To America with Love: Letters from the Underground. New York: Stonehill, 1976.
Hoffman, Abbie. Soon to Be a Major Motion Picture. Introduction by Norman Mailer. New York: Putnam, 1980.
----- . Square Dancing in the Lee Age: Underground Writings. New York: Putnam, 1982.
Hoffman, Abbie, and Jonathan Silvers. Steal This Urine Test: Fighting Drug Hysteria in America. New York: Penguin, 1987.
Hoffman, Abbie. The Best of Abbie Hoffman. Edited by Daniel Simon and Abbie Hoffman. New York: Four Walls Eight Windows, 1989.
Articles, Poems, Talks, and Letters (in chronological order) Hoffman, Abbott. The Drum. Newsletter written and edited by Abbott Hoffman, Worcester, Mass., 1964.
---------- . Letter. Worcester Telegram and Gazette, 4 May 1965.
---------- . Letter. Worcester Telegram and Gazette, 12 Aug. 1965.
---------- . Letter. Worcester Telegram and Gazette, 4 Oct. 1965.
---------- . Letter. Worcester Telegram and Gazette, 7 Dec. 1965.
---------- . Letter. Worcester Telegram and Gazette, 20 Jan. 1966.
---------- . Letter. Worcester Telegram and Gazette, 6 Aug. 1966.
---------- . “The Crafts of Freedom.” Catholic Worker, Oct.—Nov. 1966: i + .
Hoffman, Abbie. Noww. Newsletter written and edited by Abbie Hoffman, Worcester, MA, 1966.
----- . “SNCC: The Desecration of a Delayed Dream.” Village Voice, 15 Dec. 1966: 6.
---------- . “Another Look at the Movement.” Village Voice, 22 Dec. 1966: 5 + .
Hoffman, Abbott. “View from Canal nth.” Poem. Punch, Apr. 1967: 8.
---------- . “Venceremos!” Poem. Punch, Apr. 1967: 8.
Hoffman, Abbie. “Liberty House/Poor Peoples Corporation.” Liberation, Apr. 1967: 20-21.
---------- . “Love and Hate on 5th Avenue.” WIN, 16 June 1967: 8.
Metesky, George [pseud, for AH], “Diggery is Niggery.” WIN, 15 Sept. 1967: 8-10.
Hoffman, Abbie. “The 1968 Election?” (Hoffman s comments on a panel that included Staughton Lynd, Dr. Spock, and Jack Newfield.) WIN, 15 Mar. 1968: 4-5.
----- . “Creating a Perfect Mess.” Other Scenes, Oct. 1968: unpaged. (Reprinted as “Creating the Perfect Mess” in Revolution for the Hell of It)
---------- . “My Life to Live.” New York Free Press, 3—9 Oct. 1968: 4—5.
---------- . Letter. Punch, 4 Nov. 1968: 5.
----- . “The Doctors Revolt.” WIN, 15 Feb. 1969. (Reprinted in The Movement toward a New America, ed. Mitchell Goodman.)
Hoffman, Abbott. “Fupk the Vanguard, Power to the People.” East Village Other, 30 Apr. 1969: 3 + ..
Hoffman, Abbie. Review of Die Nigger Die! by H. Rap Brown. East Village Other, 15 May 1969: 19.
---------- . Letter. East Village Other, 18 June 1969: 2.
----- . “Media Freaking.” Talk given in Lincoln Park, Chicago, 27 Aug. 1968. Tulane Drama Review, Summer 1969: 46—51.
---------- . “Commuter Protest.” New York Rat, 3-16 Dec. 1969: 7 + .
---------- . “Sami and the Golden Yo-Yo.” Short story. Eye, Jan. 1969: 67.
---------- . Letter. Dated 22 Feb. 1970. Punch, 12-24 Mar. 1970: 9.
----- . “Chicago: Two Years After.” Introduction to reprint of Revolution for the Hell of It. New York: Pocket Books: 1970.
---------- . “America on $0 a Day.” Ramparts, Feb. 1971: 48—55.
----- . Transcript. Untitled audio tape from “Tribunal for Steal This Book,” 1971.
---------- . “I Quit.” WIN, Sept. 1971:18-19.
---------- . “Yo-Yo Power!” Esquire, Oct. 1971:106+.
----- . “Fire in the Lake: The Image of Revolution.” Letter. East Village Other, 23 Dec. 1971: 8 + .
---------- . “The Eyes of Cronkite.” Esquire, Apr. 1973: 85.
----- -. “Book-of-the-Month-Club Selection.” University Review, June 1974: 12-14.
---------- . “Renewing a Revolution.” Berkeley Barb, 12-18 Dec. 1975: 7.
----- . “Breaking Control and Getting in Tune.” Berkeley Barb, 19—25 Dec. 1975: 5
---------- . “My Life on the Lam.” Oui, June 1977: 79 + -
----- . “Inside the FBI (Or, How One of the Most Wanted Fugitives Goosed the Ghost of J. Edgar Hoover).” Penthouse, Oct. 1977:142+.
----- . “Abbie: In His Own Defense.” Transcript of taped speech from underground to audience at Madison Square Garden Felt Forum. Yipster Times, 10 Mar. 1978: 3.
Freed, Barry [pseud, for AH]. “Statement to Jefferson County Board of Supervisors.” Thousand Islands (New York), 3 Oct. 1978.
----- . “The Facts about Save the River Committee and Winter Navigation.” Pamphlet, n.d.
----- . “Statement of Barry Freed, Save the River.” United States Senate Subcommittee on Water Resources of the Committee on Environment and Public Works. Field Hearing, Alexandria Bay, New York, 27 Aug. 1979.
Hoffman, Abbie. “My Life as a Fugitive.” Parade, 14 Dec. 1980: 8-10.
---------- . Letter. Harper’s, Dec. 1980: 4.
----- . “The Great St. Lawrence River War.” Village Voice, 1—7 Apr. 1981: 16-17.
---------- . Letter. Veritas letterhead. 25 June 1981. Photocopied.
---------- . Talk given at Clark University, Worcester, Mass., 28 Mar. 1982.
----- . “Fifties, Sixties, Seventies, Eighties.” Talk given at University of Colorado at Boulder, 26 July 1982.
----- . “Nuclear Waste Upstate.” Op-ed piece. New York Times, 27 Sept. 1982.
---------- . “Steal This Meal.” High Times, Jan. 1983: 41 + .
----- . “No Lack of Civil Liberties in Nicaragua.” Post-Standard (Syracuse, New York), 29 July 1985: A13.
---------- . “Woodstock: Love It or Leave It.” L. A. Weekly, 16—22 Aug. 1985: 39.
----- . “Steal This Campus: A Report on the Mood of the Colleges from a Veteran Rabble-Rouser.” L. A. Weekly, 16-22 May 1986: 18.
----- . “Students Deserve Truth about the CIA.' Guest editorial. Worcester Telegram and Gazette, to Dec. 1986.
---------- . Talk given at “The Sixties” conference, San Francisco, Feb. 1987.
----- . “Democracy Summer.” Public statement on plan to combat the Philadelphia Electric Company, Bucks County, Penn., 7 July 1987.
----- . Talk given at Cody’s Bookstore, Berkeley, California, to promote Steal This Urine Test, 17 Oct. 1987.
---------- . “Reefer Madness.” Nation, 21 Nov. 1987: 580-81.
----- . “AIDS and Responsible Drug Education.” City Lights Review 2 (1988): 14-16.
----- . “Running on Empty.’ Review of Naomi Foner’s film Running on Empty. Premiere, Sept. 1988: 90.
----- . “Deers and Cars.” Letter to the editor. New Hope Gazette, 29 Dec. 1988:to.
---------- . “The Young Have to Be There.” Progressive, June 1989: 15.
----- . “The Value of Conflict.” Talk given at Naropa Institute peace conference, 19 June 1986. Vajradhatu Sun, Oct.-Nov. 1989: i + .
----- “Reflections on the Dialogue with [Jesse] Jackson.” Tikkun, Nov. I Dec. 1987. Reprinted in Tikkun ... To Heal, Repair and Transform the World: An Anthology, ed. Michael Lerner, 81-83. Oakland: Tikkun Books, 1992.
----- “Bye-Bye Sixties, Hollywood-Style.” Reprinted in Abbie Hoffman, Square Dancing in the Ice Age. New York: Putnam, 1982.
Hoffman, Abbie, and Jonathan Silvers. “An Election Held Hostage.” Playboy, Oct. 1988: 73 + .
Unpublished Manuscripts (in approximate chronological order) Hoffman, Abbott. “A Theory of Motivation by Erich Fromm.” Unpublished paper for Psychology 107, Brandeis University, n.d.
----- . “ ‘Help’ and ‘Hinder’ in a GESP-PK test: A Pilot Study.” Unpublished abstract of experiment in parapsychology, University of California, Berkeley, i960.
Phillips, Jean [pseud, for AH]. “La Chef Extraordinaire.” Twelve-page article on Dominique Nahmias and her restaurant, Olympe.
Hoffman, Abbie. Letter on electronic voting, n.d.
----- . “Kiss and Tell: A True Story of Love and Sex in the New Age.” Fortypage first draft of autobiography, n.d.
---------- . “Abbie’s Quickest Spanish Lesson in History.” N.d.
Hoffman, Abbott Howard. “Last Will and Testament.” 4 July 1983.
Hoffman, Abbie. “Memorandum on U.S. Public Relations.” Plan for a public relations tour of the U.S. by Nicaraguan president Daniel Ortega, 29 July 1985.
submitted by ZonkerStout
to LeftAnarchism [link] [comments]
2023.02.24 13:11 kwagenknight Estimated Russian Losses as of 9am February 24th after 1 full year after the start of the Russian invasion
2023.02.20 12:45 jpm01609 Landlord comments--college areas in Worcester
Landlord of 20 years in Worcester here
After 15+ years with Craigslist, when I was advertising this time last year on Craigslist I gotted "flagged" regularly. It was a total joke.. I could literally place an ad on Craigslist last year and have it flagged within MINUTES. As the "seller" I expect that ad to work for me ie be there 24/7. Craigslist is not a reliable place.
I was putting up the same kind of ads I always put up. Pretty dry information really.
That's when I switched to Zillow. I had to pay, but the QUALITY of folks was much, much better.
Generally I avoid the Telegram (sorry, T and G) and signs on the building.
I want a prospective tenant to actually READ my ad and decide for him/herself whether they wish to reply.
WHen I read Craigslist ads now, I see a lot of unrealistic ads. These are total scam. I feel badly for all these nice people who get taken in by "too good to be true" Craigslist deals on cars/apartments etc.
submitted by jpm01609
to WorcesterMA [link] [comments]
2023.02.18 13:43 kwagenknight Another bad day for Russia with Estimated Russian Losses for February 18th over 1000 with Putins national speech a few days away
2023.02.14 22:13 besaachaeanu97 City Council seals fate of Jet Skis on Indian Lake — temporary ban ... - Worcester Telegram
2023.02.11 12:44 kwagenknight 1140 Estimated dead Russians as of 9am February 11th after Russia "Large"(read:small) offensive isnt doing too well in most places
2023.02.09 13:30 kwagenknight Estimated Russian Losses as of 9am February 9th
2023.02.07 14:19 kwagenknight Russias failed attacks on Vuhledar, Kreminna & Bakhmut leave an estimated 1030 Russians dead, 28 APCs and 14 Tanks lost (Feb 7th with 7 day avg Infographic in 2nd Picture)
2023.02.06 10:33 kwagenknight Estimated Russian Losses as of 9am February 6th. Heavy fighting for a Sunday (2nd Pic has Infographic of stats on losses)