Pain in left foot icd 10

Spinning Class/ Indoor Cycling

2013.12.17 04:35 D3rp1na Spinning Class/ Indoor Cycling

Discussions about Spin Class.

2010.07.25 16:08 thafman Come on You Spurs!

A sub for the club that Bill Nicholson made

2013.05.26 02:00 Walter Moers' Zamonia Series

A community to discuss Walter Moers' Zamonia books.

2023.06.02 01:08 No_Brief_124 Well... I finally got around to doing cool stuff.

I've been struggling with things lately. The straw that broke the camels back was watching my father watch "surviving abuse in a narcissistic relationship" Keep in mind 2 years ago I was dodging right hooks. The AA "fellowship" is continuing to talk down to me. I'll admit I get a sense of satisfaction knowing one of the up and comers has already relapsed and is carting people that just got out of rehab around. I tried to talk to him, but it went no where. Physically, I am in a lot of pain, usually about a 3 -4 24/7. I have begun doing yoga more frequently to help.

I about went insane being on a rest week. I finally got to work out and it was a shit show. I was just moving things around. Not really any form. I had been waiting on the job offer and started to have my doubts and maybe I didn't knock it out of the park, like I thought. I had been on 3rd shift for the past 6 days and trying to fit exercise, 3rd shift, and then day to day annoyances, and facture in the "I'm a survivor" attitude. I am just done. I went into a gas station and told them I'd start working Monday and to send and offer letter and THEY DID. Matched with someone I knew in addiction and they are sober the same time as me. Kinda sucks because I plan on moving and I just don't know if I can handle any of that. Did my first shift today, then I just left for Land Between the Lands with my dog. I spent about 4 hours out there with her. I'm editing the stuff, but when I got back... I got the job offer! They told me that I just need to tell them when I am moved and set up and I'll start the next day. So tits! Full gov Benefits in like 90 days. I am still going to be like 1600$ short from comfortably moving. Even with the second job. I am thinking, I can sell my washer and dryer, since I won't need it. 1300$ is doable. I'll just keep the second job and transfer for to the gas station down in Nashville and work that for the first two months I am there.. It'll even out.

Anyway, I am editing the stuff.. There is a lot of Elsa vision in there.
submitted by No_Brief_124 to dryalcoholics [link] [comments]

2023.06.02 01:08 uafteru Truck broke down, thought I grabbed everything out of it, but I was sadly mistaken…

My truck broke down and I got a replacement for about 10 days. I thought I had grabbed all of my stuff, including food. However, after reclaiming my truck today, I came to the sorrowed realization that I left some cheese and a damn salmon fillet in the fridge. Both of which, have had more than the required time to rot in the midwestern sun and their collective foul stench has seeped into the entire truck.
TLDR: My fucking truck smells like lot lizard pussy, how fix?
submitted by uafteru to Truckers [link] [comments]

2023.06.02 01:07 Throwaway120565 Just finished all the shrines and completed the game and here are my thoughts. Obvious huge story spoilers by the way.

Majora’s Mask was always my Favourite game. Breath of The Wild was great but it was lacking the classic Zelda content I grew up with. Tears of The Kingdom really brought that back though in my opinion and now it’s my favourite game.
I thought the depths and the sky islands were really dope additions to the game. And exploring both were completely different experiences and required different modes of travel. They both felt super natural though.
The story was really good in my opinion. Really big Ocarina of Time vibes from the whole thing. Which is a good thing. And thank god they actually made a lot of the story in the present day, unlike in BOTW where you essentially had no affect on the story other than killing Ganon.
This one is a total nitpick. I really loved the fuse ability, but I hated how it looked. I just can’t get immersed and feel like a badass hero of legend when running into fights using what looks like a jesters hat on a stick. For this reason I really only used the Master Sword for 90% of the time.
Another total nitpick but I genuinely hate how there are still NPC’s that know who Link is but don’t believe that you are Link lmao. Like why. In BOTW it made sense cause everybody thought that Link had died to Ganon like the rest of the champions. But in this game everyone knows he’s alive? And there are even NPC’s that acknowledge that you look like Link and you have The Master Sword, but still assume you’re a poser! Like bro give me the glory I deserve I saved the world twice 😹 the worst is when you sit in on the school lesson about The Great Calamity and they LITERALLY talk about the hero that saved the world a couple years ago, and when you go up to the kids and the teacher they all say “I wish I could meet him someday :)” I ought to slap their lights out.
Most of the criticism I have for this game is Nitpicks. I’m genuinely amazed at how they managed to fit 3 different maps with entirely different art styles into the game without it feeling confusing or clashing with each other. And the surface of Hyrule was so much different to how it was in BOTW I was surprised how much I got lost considering I knew BOTW’s map like the back of my hand.
The final boss and the lead up to it was amazing. The music, the ambience, the set pieces, the villain, the gimmicks, they were all so amazing I got really emotional playing it. I could go into depths (no pun intended) about the hype I felt when Ganondorf Flurry Rushes you, or when The Demon King’s health bar goes off the screen.
I feel like a weird Zelda trope that goes under the radar is the reversed music, and wow did they ever play into that in this game. The reversed songs they play throughout this game just feel so creepy but epic at the same time. All the music in this game for that matter was beautiful.
I have one genuine criticism of this game though. It is extremely apparent that the surface of Hyrule was designed for the Shiekah Slate abilities and not Raurus Abilities. Also it seems as though the surface couldn’t really fill in the empty spots left from where the towers and other overworks puzzles used to be from BOTW. This ended up leaving areas of TOTK that just feel entirely out of place, as if there should be something important there, but there just isn’t.
I see a lot of people saying they’re disappointed about the lack of mention of the divine beasts and Shiekah tech, but I’m a big fan of this decision. If I wanted to hear about Divine Beasts and Shiekah what not I would play BOTW. This game isn’t meant to be a replacement. It is meant to be its own stand alone game and I think they did that well.
Overall I’m extremely happy with this game. I just can’t wait to see where they go next. I’ll always miss the BOTW/TOTK era but Zelda needs to keep moving on as it always has done. I’m excited to see what the next art style will be, what the next Link and Zelda will look like, and what changes they’ll make to the formula they’ve developed in these past 2 games.
TOTK gets a solid 9/10 for me, would be 10/10 if BOTW didn’t exist, don’t ask why I really don’t know haha
If anyone read all of this first I would like to apologize for how discombobulated my thoughts were, but secondly I really wanna hear what people think, do u agree or disagree on certain things let me know :P
submitted by Throwaway120565 to tearsofthekingdom [link] [comments]

2023.06.02 01:06 MHB24 Update on Condition And Seeking Advice on LDN Dosage

I wanted to post an update ...
Here is the link and Ill add the test results from a year ago below.
I am going to try LDN beginning tomorrow. If anyone has advice on how to ramp the dose up or if there is a new protocol that works best, please share.
Recently I have developed what I am guessing is fibromyalgia. Or at least that is my best guess. The small joints of my hands and feet have been the biggest problem for me in the past - just a hot, arthritic feeling in those joints. Recently, however, my whole foot hurts. Its like a constant low grade pain, not like a pinched nerve. Assuming this is due to my Lyme infection. Would anyone have any insight to what could be causing this now?
Also - A doc gave me an Rx to doxy and IVM and HZQ a while back - she has a covid protocol and I took the IVM about a year ago for 30 days, then paired it up with doxy and it really did help my joint inflammation. Anyway, I may start taking doxy again, but wanted to check in with others here and see if there is a best protocol for any of those drugs, if I am going to start LDN.
Lastly - is there anything that can be done about EBV?

The test came back and showed some very interesting things. It showed a past positive infection for Epstein Barr and West Nile. Has anyone had a pos result for a disease they didnt know they had contracted? Im not all that familiar with either of these.
They tested for IGG and IGM antibodies ... here are some of the results. I am still researching what these different antibodies mean. If anyone has had this type of test before please share how you read the results and what the proper treatment should be
There were others listed but can anyone tell me what I can take away from this? I did not realize there were so many variations
My symptoms are fatigue, memory lapse, and joint pain
LYME - Borrelia Burgdorferi
Borrelia Burgdorferi p18 (DbpB)
Borrelia Burgdorferi p30
Borrelia Burgdorferi p34 (OspB)
Borrelia Burgdorferi p41
Borrelia Burgdorferi B31 strain WCS
Borrelia Burgdorferi 297 strain WCS
LYME - Borrelia afzelii
Borrelia afzelii DbpA
Borrelia afzelii OspA
Borrelia turnicatae (IGM+)
Borrelia Maritmia (IGG+)
Babesiosis - Babesia microti
Babesiosis microti WCS (IGG+)
Bartonella henselae 26 kDa (IGG+)
Ehrlichia chaffeensis (IGM+)
West Nile Virus (IGG+)
Epstein Barr Virus VCA gp125 (IGG +) test results showed very high levels
Epstein Barr Virus EBNA1 (IGG+)
Toxoplasma gondii p29 (IGG+)
submitted by MHB24 to Lyme [link] [comments]

2023.06.02 01:05 tombah99 It would have been 8 years in October

Over Memorial Day weekend, I caught my (27M) girlfriend (28F) cheating on me. I have a lot on my mind so this is going to be a long one... apologies in advance. I want to talk about the night it all went down, the days since, and life going forward.
I have been with my (likely soon to be ex) girlfriend for nearly 8 years. We met in college at a party and never looked back. Our relationship was never the most exciting or passionate, but we loved each other.
I will be the first to admit I was not a perfect partner. I struggled with alcohol and we both smoked a fair bit of marijuana through college and our early 20s. I also struggled greatly with depression and anxiety. Despite these issues, I always held down a job and paid the bills. We also rarely fought.
I have made great strides in my life to put these issues behind me. I am completely sober and have worked very hard to become the best future husband and father I can be for our family.
Over the years we built a life together. We both graduated college, moved to the big city, and began our careers. We have 2 dogs (luckily no kids) and live in a nice house in a nice suburb that we split rent on. Our lives are integrated. She is a part of my family and I am a part of hers. We have lived together for years and have shared expenses.
We are not engaged yet but I have had a ring for several months now. I had not proposed because I felt there were cracks in our relationship that I wanted to work on before taking that next step. I had tried to have conversations about these issues but was never met with any meaningful dialogue or action.
I think the story of my D-day actually start a couple weeks before it actually happened. One day before work, I had asked my GF (I'll call her J) if she could please clean her dishes in the sink and clean up her pile of laundry in the bathroom. No demands or anything, just "please, I'd appreciate it". J blew up at me. "Do you know how long you were a mess and I put up with it??". I was hurt but at this point I needed to leave for work so I said we need to talk later and headed out the door. I gathered my thoughts during the day and came home a little early from work. We sat down and I laid out the following points:
1. Please stop using the past against me. I know I wasn't perfect but I've worked very hard to become a better person. I cannot be in a relationship where my partner will hold my darkest days over my head to win an argument.
2. J works the nightshift and I have struggled with this in the past. We don't see each other very often as our schedules are completely opposite. She was open to changing to the day shift in the past but recently has hardened her stance. Recently, she has been sleeping a LOT on her days off. I understand nightshift is brutal on one's sleep schedule but it was getting to the point where she would only be awake 4-6 hours on her days off. These few hours she was awake she would lay on the couch and watch TV. It made having a relationship difficult, and it also meant her share of house duties was falling behind (leaving her dishes in the sink, her clothes all over the place, etc).
3. Sex. Our sex life has never been great. I have been open about my desire to improve things, have worked on myself to be an attractive partner, and have tried to discuss her wants and needs as well. There was never any progress.
During this conversation, I asked for her thoughts and feelings on each topic. I desperately wanted an actual dialogue but she was giving me nothing. Ultimately, she said she needed time to think about what I said. Since the conversation, I had not seen her hardly seen her at all. She had been gone almost a week on a hiking trip with some co-workers that had been planned for a while. Then because of work there was another week of not really seeing each other.
Friday night, J asks if I want to go to a birthday dinner for a family friend on Saturday. I had plans that required me to be up early on Sunday, so I said probably not as I knew she would want to stay and hang out late with them. She swore she would not as she had work on Sunday. I only half believed her, but agreed to go because I knew it'd make her happy.
Towards the end of dinner I go to the restroom and when I come back, what always happens happened. "Would you be ok if I actually went out? I won't be out much later" She asked in front of the entire group so I said "sure, you can do what you want" A few minutes later off to the side, I let her know I was upset that she went back on her word but she was un-phased. She promised she wouldn't be out very late and I believed her as the group was primarily mid-30s people with young kids. One of the other people at the birthday dinner assured me they would give her a ride home.
I drove home alone and the anger built. I typed out a long text about how I was hurt that she didn't come home with me like she said she would, but ultimately deleted it before sending. I didn't want to needlessly make her night worse and told myself we would talk in the morning. I go to bed.
2AM I wake up to go pee. She isn't there. I check my phone and she hasn't texted me at all either. We share locations with each other so I check and it's not loading so I am getting a bit worried for her safety at this point.
I call her and she picks up "Hello?" "Hey J where are you??" "Oh I decided to sleep over at family friend's house" This alone wasn't concerning as the family friends were a married couple with young children. We have known them for years and it was not unusual for her to spend the night there after going out with them.
At this point my concern quickly turns back to anger because not only did she lie to me again about coming home early, she didn't even text me to let me know her plans changed. I told J to get an Uber and come home, we need to talk. She was annoyed and let me know it but I didn't care. She told me she would order an Uber.
Nearly 30 minutes had passed and I had not heard from her. I check her location again to see if she's on her way. Unlike before, it does load this time. Not only was she not on the way back, she was at a house I didn't recognize. I call her back "Hey I thought you said you were ordering an Uber and coming home? Also where are you? Your location is showing you at some house I've never seen".
She sticks to her story. She is at family friend's. She has no idea why her location is showing the other house, because she is definitely at family friend's. I'm uneasy at this point but still haven't jumped to any conclusions. Maybe it was a glitch. Seemed to be pretty far away from where she was claiming to be for a glitch and it also hadn't moved at all in a while... but whatever, anything is possible I suppose.
I am asking her why she keeps lying to me. Lied about not going out in the first place, lied about how long she'd be gone, and lied about calling an Uber 30 minutes ago. She says the Uber is coming in 4 minutes and that she will call me when it picks her up because she doesn't want to argue with me in front of family friends.
I watch her location, expecting it to jump and correct itself once she starts moving. Instead, it moves exactly as if she was picked up in an Uber from that house. Whatever, she is on her way.
I go downstairs and wait for her to arrive. Once she does I ask what she did tonight. "I went to the bar and then to family friends". I ask her what she was doing at family friends. "Just talking. You know I stay there sometimes what's the big deal?". I ask what on earth they were talking until 2:30 in the morning. It just didn't make sense, they're a mid-30s married couple with young kids and full time jobs. Staying awake this late just to talk?
"Well we were talking about you for one" "Me? What about me" "For starters your psychotic behavior tonight."
I was mad sure but my behavior had been far from "psychotic". I never raised my voice and never accused her of anything. I demanded she come home sure but I felt I was justified in that.
From here she continues to say they talked about the discussion from 2 weeks ago. How I "attacked her" and "piled on her for no reason". I was shocked. I thought I had handled that conversation a couple weeks ago very maturely. I was actually proud of myself for taking time to gather my thoughts so that I could calmly lay them out when I got home. At this point however, I was questioning myself.
Did I dog pile her for no reason? Was the way I approached it an "attack"? My only thought was maybe it felt one sided because she refused to engage in any discussion. I asked why she could talk to other people about our relationship but not me.
It would never become clear however as she said she was done talking and was going to bed. I begged her to give me something, anything. I didn't care if her response was in the form of yelling at me. I just needed SOMETHING.
As she's walking up the stairs I ask her to explain why her location was at that house. The story was the same. She didn't know, she was at family friends house. I told her I want to believe her but I know what I saw with my own eyes. It just didn't make sense. I would have believed anything that plausibly put her at that house. "I was at family friends and that's that. If you don't believe me, the we have MUCH bigger problems"
That was that. I did trust her and so I accepted it and went up to join her in bed. There was a little voice in the back of my mind that knew what I saw but she wouldn't lie, she definitely wouldn't cheat.
As I am about to fall asleep, I sit up suddenly and say "J I have an idea" *half asleep* "what?" "Show me your Uber receipts. That will prove you're telling the truth, any small doubts I have will be gone and we can just move on from this. Now she seems to be completely asleep (almost certainly faking it looking back). I grab her phone from under her pillow and unlock it.
On the screen is a text thread to a guy I'll call Jake. There were only 2 messages. First from earlier in the evening "It's J". The kind of message you send when someone puts their number in your phone and you text them so they have your number now. Then one she forgot to send "Hey sorry about that... I made it home ok".
Even at this point, my naïve ass did not jump to cheating. I truly assumed it was probably someone who was also at the dinner and stayed the night at family friends. But then I saw the Uber receipt. It had picked her up from the house her location showed her at.
"It's what it looks like"
I asked how could she do this to me? Why would she do this to me? Nothing. Not a single sentence that could be considered a thoughtful response. Despite my demands to know what happened that night, she, as usual, gave me nothing. "It's over. You threw away an 8 year relationship. We were supposed to be together forever. You were supposed to be the mother of my children." Only after those words "It's over" did she show any remorse.
The very little information I did get out of her was:
-This was the first time
-I caught her before anything actually happened
I'm not sure I believe either. It also doesn't really matter to me. Interestingly, about a month prior she told me she had HPV. She assured me that monogamous people can get it. Based on the research I did, it seemed possible, so I didn't think much of it. Now I wonder...
The next few hours were an unproductive loop of various iterations of "How could you" and "I'm sorry I'll do anything to make it up".
Eventually it was 6am and I still had those plans that brought me home early the night before. A 7am tee time. So I left.
It was actually a blessing but I had already had pretty much a full day of plans with some friends. First was golf, then some time at the shooting range with another friend who was going to show me the ropes. These are close friends and I told them everything. They listened to me ramble all day and spent as much time as I needed.
Once I knew J had left for work, I decided it was time to go back home. I had been up since 2am and I was exhausted. I don't fall asleep until midnight. Awake for about 22 hours on the worst day of my life.
The Aftermath:
Honestly... not much happened after. I hurt. It is a deep, constant ache. It was not overwhelming pain like hearing a family member had died. No... just a constant, deep, ache.
I reached out to some more friends who have all been incredibly supportive. I am truly blessed to have the support system I do.
The people I really want to talk to, but haven't had the courage to call yet are my parents. I can't explain why, but I feel almost embarrassed. I also know that once I tell them, the relationship is 100% over with J. They will never see her the same, and she'll know it. I can't live with that tension my whole life.
While I am 99.9% sure this relationship is over, it's hard to say 100%. She was in my life for 8 years. It means a fundamental change to my life presently, and the entire future I had planned.
Work has been hard. I haven't gotten a lot done this week. I've been distracting myself by talking to my co-workers. Today though... I was the only one in the office. Seems everyone else happened to be working from home.
It was not a good day. I have been in my head replaying the events of the weekend and spiraling. Until this point I was weirdly ok. I think it's the first time I've been alone since it happened so all the feelings are coming out.
Going Forward:
I'm not sure what the future holds. I have a few short term plans:
1. STD test
2. Therapy
3. Talk to my parents and likely make a trip home
I also need to talk to J. While I repeatedly said it was over the night it all went down, I think it still needs to be made official. I have not seen J since that night. After work Sunday and Monday night, she has been home. I don't think she's left the house. However, I've been spending as much time away as possible and the little bit I am home, she is in the guest bedroom. I have not had the strength or desire to talk to her.
What I'm most scared of it my living situation and the dogs. While one dog is clearly mine and one is clearly hers, there's a part of me that worries she may do something crazy. I don't know what she's capable of anymore.
We are locked into this lease until February. I have re-read the lease and it seems were pretty much stuck. She has family in town she could stay with but I've got nowhere to go. While it wouldn't ruin me, it would certainly be financially painful if she stopped paying her half of the rent. Best case scenario seems to be we live as roommates and stay out of each other's way for 8 months... A pretty bleak best case scenario.
Once we do separate, there's going to be the challenge of divvying up the stuff. We own a lot of nice furniture together. That furniture probably wouldn't fit well into the apartments we'll likely have to move back into after this. It's all just so unclear at this point.
If you've made it this far, thank you for listening. Just writing this was very cathartic. I am open to hearing advice on how I should proceed. Nothing in my life has prepared me for something like this.
submitted by tombah99 to survivinginfidelity [link] [comments]

2023.06.02 01:04 suedney Post Match Thread: Ecuador U20 2-3 South Korea U20 FIFA U-World Cup

FT: Ecuador U20 2-3 South Korea U20

Ecuador U20 scorers: Justin Cuero (36' PEN), Sebastián González (84')
South Korea U20 scorers: Lee Young-Jun (11'), Bae Jun-Ho (19'), Choi Seok-Hyun (48')
Venue: Estadio Único Madre de Ciudades
Auto-refreshing reddit comments link
Ecuador U20
Gilmar Napa, Stalin Valencia (Christian García), Joel Ordóñez, Maiky De La Cruz (Madison Mina), Daniel de La Cruz (Cristhoper Zambrano), Óscar Zambrano, Sebastián González, Ray Páez, Justin Cuero, Nilson Angulo (Alan Minda), José Klinger (Tommy Chamba).
Subs: Cristian Loor, Maelo Renteria, Yeltzin Erique, Denil Castillo, Tony Jiménez.
South Korea U20
Kim Joon-Hong, Kim Ji-Soo, Choi Seok-Hyun, Choi Ye-Hoon (Bae Seo-Joon), Park Chang-Woo, Kang Sang-Yun, Park Hyun-Bin (Lee Chan-Ouk), Bae Jun-Ho (Cho Young-Kwang), Kim Yong-Hak (Kang Seong-Jin), Lee Young-Jun, Lee Seung-Won (Hwang In-Taek).
Subs: Kim Jung-Hun, Lee Ji-han, Moon Hyun-Ho, Lee Seung-Joon.
11' Goal! Ecuador U20 0, Korea Republic U20 1. Lee Young-Jun (Korea Republic U20) right footed shot from the centre of the box to the bottom left corner. Assisted by Bae Jun-Ho.
19' Goal! Ecuador U20 0, Korea Republic U20 2. Bae Jun-Ho (Korea Republic U20) right footed shot from the centre of the box to the bottom right corner. Assisted by Park Chang-Woo.
36' Goal! Ecuador U20 1, Korea Republic U20 2. Justin Cuero (Ecuador U20) converts the penalty with a right footed shot to the centre of the goal.
45' Substitution, Ecuador U20. Christian García replaces Stalin Valencia.
45' Substitution, Ecuador U20. Alan Minda replaces Nilson Angulo.
48' Goal! Ecuador U20 1, Korea Republic U20 3. Choi Seok-Hyun (Korea Republic U20) header from the centre of the box to the top right corner. Assisted by Lee Seung-Won with a cross following a corner.
55' Substitution, Ecuador U20. Cristhoper Zambrano replaces Daniel de la Cruz.
61' Substitution, Korea Republic U20. Hwang In-Taek replaces Lee Seung-Won.
61' Substitution, Korea Republic U20. Kang Seong-Jin replaces Kim Yong-Hak.
68' Substitution, Ecuador U20. Tommy Chamba replaces José Klinger.
69' Substitution, Korea Republic U20. Lee Chan-Ouk replaces Park Hyun-Bin.
77' Kendry Páez (Ecuador U20) is shown the yellow card for a bad foul.
77' Substitution, Ecuador U20. Ariel Mina replaces Maiky de La Cruz.
82' Substitution, Korea Republic U20. Cho Young-Kwang replaces Bae Jun-Ho.
82' Substitution, Korea Republic U20. Bae Seo-Joon replaces Choi Ye-Hoon.
submitted by suedney to soccer [link] [comments]

2023.06.02 01:03 JoshAsdvgi The Four Creations

The Four Creations

The Four Creations

The world at first was endless space in which existed only the Creator, Taiowa.
This world had no time, no shape, and no life, except in the mind of the Creator.
Eventually the infinite creator created the finite in Sotuknang, whom he called his nephew and whom he created as his agent to establish nine universes.
Sotuknang gathered together matter from the endless space to make the nine solid worlds.
Then the Creator instructed him to gather together the waters from the endless space and place them on these worlds to make land and sea.
When Sotuknang had done that, the Creator instructed him to gather together air to make winds and breezes on these worlds.
The fourth act of creation with which the Creator charged Sotuknang was the creation of life.
Sotuknang went to the world that was to first host life and there he created Spider Woman, and he gave her the power to create life.
First Spider Woman took some earth and mixed it with saliva to make two beings.
Over them she sang the Creation Song, and they came to life.
She instructed one of them, Poqanghoya, to go across the earth and solidify it.
She instructed the other, Palongawhoya, to send out sound to resonate through the earth, so that the earth vibrated with the energy of the Creator.
Poqanghoya and Palongawhoya were despatched to the poles of the earth to keep it rotating.
Then Spider Woman made all the plants, the flowers, the bushes, and the trees.
Likewise she made the birds and animals, again using earth and singing the Creation Song.
When all this was done, she made human beings, using yellow, red, white, and black earth mixed with her saliva. Singing the Creation Song, she made four men, and then in her own form she made four women.
At first they had a soft spot in their foreheads, and although it solidified, it left a space through which they could hear the voice of Sotuknang and their Creator.
Because these people could not speak, Spider Woman called on Sotuknang, who gave them four languages.
His only instructions were for them to respect their Creator and to live in harmony with him.
These people spread across the earth and multiplied. Despite their four languages, in those days they could understand each other's thoughts anyway, and for many years they and the animals lived together as one.
Eventually, however, they began to divide, both the people from the animals and the people from each other, as they focused on their differences rather than their similarities.
As division and suspicion became more widespread, only a few people from each of the four groups still remembered their Creator.
Sotuknang appeared before these few and told them that he and the Creator would have to destroy this world, and that these few who remembered the Creator must travel across the land, following a cloud and a star, to find refuge.
These people began their treks from the places where they lived, and when they finally converged Sotuknang appeared again.
He opened a huge ant mound and told these people to go down in it to live with the ants while he destroyed the world with fire, and he told them to learn from the ants while they were there.
The people went down and lived with the ants, who had storerooms of food that they had gathered in the summer, as well as chambers in which the people could live.
This went on for quite a while, because after Sotuknang cleansed the world with fire it took a long time for the world to cool off.
As the ants' food ran low, the people refused the food, but the ants kept feeding them and only tightened their own belts, which is why ants have such tiny waists today.
Finally Sotuknang was done making the second world, which was not quite as beautiful as the first.
Again he admonished the people to remember their Creator as they and the ants that had hosted them spread across the earth.
The people multiplied rapidly and soon covered the entire earth.
They did not live with the animals, however, because the animals in this second world were wild and unfriendly. Instead the people lived in villages and built roads between these, so that trade sprang up.
They stored goods and traded those for goods from elsewhere, and soon they were trading for things they did not need.
As their desire to have more and more grew, they began to forget their Creator, and soon wars over resources and trade were breaking out between villages.
Finally Sotuknang appeared before the few people who still remembered the Creator, and again he sent them to live with the ants while he destroyed this corrupt world.
This time he ordered Poqanghoya and Palongawhoya to abandon their posts at the poles, and soon the world spun out of control and rolled over.
Mountains slid and fell, and lakes and rivers splashed across the land as the earth tumbled, and finally the earth froze over into nothing but ice.
This went on for years, and again the people lived with the ants.
Finally Sotuknang sent Poqanghoya and Palongawhoya back to the poles to resume the normal rotation of the earth, and soon the ice melted and life returned.
Sotuknang called the people up from their refuge, and he introduced them to the third world that he had made.
Again he admonished the people to remember their Creator as they spread across the land.
As they did so, they multiplied quickly, even more quickly than before, and soon they were living in large cities and developing into separate nations.
With so many people and so many nations, soon there was war, and some of the nations made huge shields on which they could fly, and from these flying shields they attacked other cities.
When Sotuknang saw all this war and destruction, he resolved to destroy this world quickly before it corrupted the few people who still remembered the Creator.
He called on Spider Woman to gather those few and, along the shore, she placed each person with a little food in the hollow stem of a reed.
When she had done this, Sotuknang let loose a flood that destroyed the warring cities and the world on which they lived.
Once the rocking of the waves ceased, Spider Woman unsealed the reeds so the people could see.
They floated on the water for many days, looking for land, until finally they drifted to an island.
On the island they built little reed boats and set sail again to the east.
After drifting many days, they came to a larger island, and after many more days to an even larger island.
They hoped that this would be the fourth world that Sótuknang had made for them, but Spider Woman assured them that they still had a long and hard journey ahead.
They walked across this island and built rafts on the far side, and set sail to the east again.
They came to a fourth and still larger island, but again they had to cross it on foot and then build more rafts to continue east.
From this island, Spider Woman sent them on alone, and after many days they encountered a vast land.
Its shores were so high that they could not find a place to land, and only by opening the doors in their heads did they know where to go to land.
When they finally got ashore, Sotuknang was there waiting for them.
As they watched to the west, he made the islands that they had used like stepping stones disappear into the sea.
He welcomed them to the fourth world, but he warned them that it was not as beautiful as the previous ones, and that life here would be harder, with heat and cold, and tall mountains and deep valleys.
He sent them on their way to migrate across the wild new land in search of the homes for their respective clans.
The clans were to migrate across the land to learn its ways, although some grew weak and stopped in the warm climates or rich lands along the way.
The Hopi trekked and far and wide, and went through the cold and icy country to the north before finally settling in the arid lands between the Colorado River and Rio Grande River.
They chose that place so that the hardship of their life would always remind them of their dependence on, and link to, their Creator.

This story comes from the Hopi people of northern Arizona. "Hopi" means "People of Peace".
The stories here were recorded in the 1950s by Oswald White Bear Fredericks and his wife Naomi from the storytelling of older Hopi at the village of Oraibi, which tree-ring dating indicates has been inhabited by the Hopi since at least 1150 AD.
submitted by JoshAsdvgi to Native_Stories [link] [comments]

2023.06.02 01:01 Ponchojo How long does my dad have left?

My dad was a super healthy 75 year old who lived alone and went to the gym three times a week, then a year ago he started having falls and shortness of breath and was diagnosed with with cardiac amyloidosis. His appetite went away over the last 6 months or so and he went from 240lb to 140lb (he's 6 foot 3). In the last two weeks his situation really took a nosedive.
There was a lot of confusion and his doctor gave us a urine test to administer at home. When I sent her a pic of the dipstick she diagnosed cystitis and sent two doses (two day course) of fosfomycin. I was very glad when she said it was a UTI because I know that can cause confusion in older patients and I saw my mom in the same state two years ago and then I thought it made perfect sense. After he finished the course he was not better at all and was just bedridden, although he would have hallucinations at night and one time he got out of bed and fell and hist his head. Another doctor who was on call came by and immediately prescribed a 7 day course of penicillin. He could not pass urine at the time but she left a vial for us to collect a sample, which I did only the next day after he had already had three doses of the penicillin.
The following day the doctor phoned and said pathology did not detect any infection, this was just his disease progressing naturally. Since then he's been completely bedridden. He's developed a bedsore on his back. He seems to be asleep all the time but when you talk to him he replies, although his speech is slurred and he speaks very softly (I guess from breathlessness). He's usually lucid but sometimes he gets confused and wants to get up and go run errands (is this normal or is it a result of a possible brain injury from when he hit his head?)
He's been on several types of medication but the doctor advised us to stop several - magnesium, vitamin D, diuretics, beta blockers and statins.
Now he's just on amioradone, colchecine, potassium, gabapentin (for neuropathy), and his doctor has added diosmectite for diarrhea (he was constipated for the past few months, I understand this is a symptom of amyloidosis), quetiapine (to help him sleep through the night) and has given us some Ativan for if he gets Anxious (but we haven't had to use that yet).
When he was diagnosed he got a pacemaker and today someone from the hospital came to turn off the defibrillator.
He has petechiae in several places, but I don't really know or understand why. The doctors don't seem worried about it.
He's still eating (but very little) and taking his medicine but he's developing a cough that sounds quite bad. Thankfully he does not seem to be in any pain or have any discomfort. His blood pressure is extremely low but his oxygen levels seem fine (he is on oxygen for most of the day - whenever we have electricity, but we live in South Africa and get rolling blackouts for 6-10 hours per day).
We have a great team of doctors, nurses and caretakers but when I ask how long he has none of them will really say anythinhg.
I know it's impossible to say with any certainty how long he has left but I just want to know, are we looking at days or weeks? My sister lives in Holland and I want to know to whether I should tell her to come say goodbye. I also just wanted to know if there's anything else I should expect. I've read how scary it can be when people are dying and have agonal breathing. Should we expect that? Will there be anything else I should prepare myself for?
Thank you to all the experts who share their knowledge here. You guys are the salt of the earth.
submitted by Ponchojo to AskDocs [link] [comments]

2023.06.02 01:01 Acceptable-You9068 How My Ex (20F) Helped Me (21M) Develop Schizophrenia

My close friends tell me I should write a book. There’s no way to include all of the side stories and intricacies of the situation in a single post, like my surgeries or the heinous amounts of food I was doordashed. I just want to get this off my chest and have the reality of what happened written somewhere as I feel I’m fading into insanity.
I’m certainly not innocent here and I don’t feel like a victim. One of the hardest things about being cheated on is the feeling of not being enough and not being desirable. I definitely instigated this girl to chase me a little in order to feel better about myself, but I never could’ve imagined how far she would go.
I (21M) dated my ex (20F) for three years- let’s call her Katie. I go to school in the Midwest and shes in school back home on the east coast (we were both college athletes- she has since quit). We started dating in high school and spent every second of every day together when I was home. Katie was loved dearly by my family, which consisted of nearly a dozen younger siblings that all became very attached. Our parents had no doubt that we would get married. I had experienced a traumatic breakup a few years prior and she made me forget about it completely.
About a month into the school year, I was on a long bus ride home from an away game and got a text from a mutual friend that Katie had cheated. I went through the stages of grief over the next 13 hours, stuck on this bus. I confronted her about it and after denying it over and over, she finally confessed.
We had spent the previous summer traveling the country together, both with her parents and alone. It turns out that she had cheated twice in April with a guy in her friend group right before we had left for our travels. She was horrified by what she did and planned on taking it to the grave. She claimed they were short, drunk mistakes. None of the rest of the friend group knew it happened, except for the one guy that ended up telling me, and obviously the guy she cheated with. Katie cut him off but apparently began entertaining him again once she got back to school, which prompted the mutual friend to tell me after seeing them flirting at the bar, but still not enough for any of her other friends to notice.
Katie along with me, my friends, and my family were devastated. It was months of misery, and still is. I was very dependent on her and had a hard time letting go. She was insistent on making it up to me and proving herself. She would constantly tell me that God told her that I’m her husband. She wouldn’t leave me alone. My parents believed her and advised me to forgive her.
I cut her off several times and each time she found a way around it. She showed up to my house unannounced (10+ hr drive) several times and wrote me, no exaggeration, over 120 letters. One time I was on a road trip and got a call from an unknown number around midnight. She was calling from some restaurant at the halfway point between our schools letting me know she was on her way because I had her number blocked.
It didn’t go well any time she was at my place. I regret to say she would convince me to let her sleep in my bed and things would go from there. I told myself that I was doing the right thing by not turning her away after that long of a drive. I’d promised her father that she would always be safe with me and turning her away in a dangerous Midwest city didn’t feel right. Regardless, I don’t have a good reason for sleeping with her.
I was desperate and had even tried taking another girl out on a date, but cut it off because I just wasn’t over Katie. I didn’t want to hurt someone else in this mess.
Eventually Thanksgiving break came around, and I was concerned about what would happen when Katie was down the street and not across the country.
I was flying home and I’m very cheap, so I always take any layover that will lower the price of my ticket.
This particular layover was totally out of the way in the deep south. My flight from this southern airport to the east coast was delayed. I looked around for a place to chill in the airport when I saw a familiar face from high school. I’ll call her Riley (20F). We had never really crossed paths in high school, but we both knew of each other.
I walked over and sat next to her and we hit it off. It was something out of a movie. It was the first time in months that I felt any kind of relief from Katie. We were on the same flight and just happened to be sitting next to each other on the plane.
The wounds from Katie were still fresh, but how could I not follow up on that? I ended up taking her out on a date a few days later and hung out a few times after. We were both really into each other and I was enjoying the mental peace. She was gorgeous and incredibly entertaining just to talk to.
Unknown to me, (I probably could’ve guessed this) Katie and Riley were friends at one point in high school and word quickly got around to Katie that Riley and I were talking. Part of that made it even sweeter.
Katie wasn’t exactly happy about this and still wouldn’t leave me alone. She would guilt trip me into doing Bible studies with her and would hang out with my sister (19F) when I ignored her.
This was all unknown to Riley. I felt guilty about it and didn’t want to hurt her. But Riley made it clear that she wasn’t looking for anything serious, so I opted not to mention it to her. I felt like it was alright because when I would see Katie it’d be at like a Dennys or something and we would just read the Bible and leave separately.
I didn’t have a car on the east coast, so Riley would have to pick me up when we hung out. One time, she stopped to get coffee right before picking me up and ran into my sister and Katie. Katie ran out of the shop crying and Riley and my sister had a brief interaction (Riley had never officially met my sister). Riley was very aware that me and Katie dated for a long time, but didn’t know why we broke up.
Anyway, she picked me up right after and did an incredible job acting like nothing happened. I heard the story a few days later from Katie and my sister, but never from Riley.
I kept in touch with Riley and we agreed that we would catch up over Christmas break.
My house on the east coast is about an hour and a half from the airport. I have to take a train into the city, and then get a ride from one of my friends in the city to the airport. On the way to the airport, while I was on the train, my ride bailed on me. I was going to miss my flight.
I knew that Katie was at school in the city. I totally see how this is wrong, I could’ve paid for an Uber. I think part of me wanted to see her in some pain, knowing I was with Riley.
submitted by Acceptable-You9068 to offmychest [link] [comments]

2023.06.02 01:00 EleventhofAugust Bible Banned In Utah School District Libraries

Here's something new for me in the "banned book wars": the Bible has been removed from elementary and middle school libraries in the Davis County School District, located in Utah. The person who requested the book be reviewed - no doubt to prove a point - wrote, "Utah Parents United [group supporting easy path to book banning] left off one of the most sex-ridden books around: The Bible..." They went on to say that the book includes mentions of incest, beastiality, prostitution, genital mutilation and rape. Further they say, "You'll no doubt find that the Bible, under Utah Code Ann. 76-10-1227, has "no serious values for minors' because it's pornographic by our new definition. Get this PORN our of our schools!"
submitted by EleventhofAugust to books [link] [comments]

2023.06.02 01:00 Mnadson The wife and I recently purchased a new vehicle. Before we left, the salesperson said we’d receive a survey about our experience, service, etc… They said if they received any scores less than a 10/10 (in a certain time period), they would not get paid any of their commissions. Any truth to that?

Just wondering if they were trying to win some kind of competition or if their employer can actually take their earnings.
submitted by Mnadson to askcarsales [link] [comments]

2023.06.02 00:59 JoshAsdvgi THE FOUR BROTHERS


Alone and apart from their tribe dwelt four orphan brothers.
They had erected a very comfortable hut, although the materials used were only willows, hay, birch bark, and adobe mud.
After the completion of their hut, the oldest brother laid out the different kinds of work to be done by the four of them.
He and the second and third brothers were to do all the hunting, and the youngest brother was to do the house work, cook the meals, and keep plenty of wood on hand at all times.
As his older brothers would leave for their hunting very early every morning, and would not return till late at night, the little fellow always found plenty of spare time to gather into little piles fine dry wood for their winter use.
Thus the four brothers lived happily for a long time.
One day while out gathering and piling up wood, the boy heard a rustling in the leaves and looking around he saw a young woman standing in the cherry bushes, smiling at him.
"Who are you, and where did you come from?" asked the boy, in surprise.
"I am an orphan girl and have no relatives living.
I came from the village west of here.
I learned from rabbit that there were four orphan brothers living here all alone, and that the youngest was keeping house for his older brothers, so I thought I would come over and see if I couldn't have them adopt me as their sister, so that I might keep house for them, as I am very poor and have no relations, neither have I a home."
She looked so pitiful and sad that the boy thought to himself, "I will take her home with me, poor girl, no matter what my brothers think or say."
Then he said to her: "Come on, tanke (sister).
You may go home with me; I am sure my older brothers will be glad to have you for our sister."
When they arrived at the hut, the girl hustled about and cooked up a fine hot supper, and when the brothers returned they were surprised to see a girl sitting by the fire in their hut. After they had entered the youngest brother got up and walked outside, and a short time after the oldest brother followed him out.
"Who is that girl, and where did she come from?" he asked his brother.
Whereupon the brother told him the whole story.
Upon hearing this the oldest brother felt very sorry for the poor orphan girl and going back into the hut he spoke to the girl, saying: "Sister, you are an orphan, the same as we; you have no relatives, no home.
We will be your brothers, and our poor hut shall be your home.
Henceforth call us brothers, and you will be our sister."
"Oh, how happy I am now that you take me as your sister.
I will be to you all as though we were of the same father and mother," said the girl.
And true to her word, she looked after everything of her brothers and kept the house in such fine shape that the brothers blessed the day that she came to their poor little hut.
She always had an extra buckskin suit and two pairs of moccasins hanging at the head of each one's bed.
Buffalo, deer, antelope, bear, wolf, wildcat, mountain lion and beaver skins she tanned by the dozen, and piled nicely in one corner of the hut.
When the Indians have walked a great distance and are very tired, they have great faith in painting their feet, claiming that paint eases the pain and rests their feet.
After their return from a long day's journey, when they would be lying down resting, the sister would get her paint and mix it with the deer tallow and rub the paint on her brother's feet, painting them up to their ankles.
The gentle touch of her hands, and the soothing qualities of the tallow and paint soon put them into a deep, dreamless steep.
Many such kind actions on her part won the hearts of the brothers, and never was a full blood sister loved more than was this poor orphan girl, who had been taken as their adopted sister.
In the morning when they arose, the sister always combed their long black silken scalp locks and painted the circle around the scalp lock a bright vermillion.
When the hunters would return with a goodly supply of beef, the sister would hurry and relieve them of their packs, hanging each one high enough from the ground so the prowling dogs and coyotes could not reach them.
The hunters each had a post on which to hang his bow and flint head arrows.
(Good hunters never laid their arrows on the ground, as it was considered unlucky to the hunter who let his arrows touch the earth after they had been out of the quiver).
They were all perfectly happy, until one day the older brother surprised them all by saying: "We have a plentiful supply of meat on hand at present to last us for a week or so.
I am going for a visit to the village west of us, so you boys all stay at home and help sister. Also gather as much wood as you can and I will be back again in four days.
On my return we will resume our hunting and commence getting our year's supply of meat."
He left the next morning, and the last they saw of him was while he stood at the top of the long range of hills west of their home.
Four days had come and gone and no sign of the oldest brother.
"I am afraid that our brother has met with some accident," said the sister.
"I am afraid so, too," said the next oldest. "
I must go and search for him; he may be in some trouble where a little help would get him out."
The second brother followed the direction his brother had taken, and when he came to the top of the long range of hills he sat down and gazed long and steadily down into the long valley with a beautiful creek winding through it.
Across the valley was a long plain stretching for miles beyond and finally ending at the foot of another range of hills, the counterpart of the one upon which he sat.
After noting the different landmarks carefully, he arose and slowly started down the slope and soon came to the creek he had seen from the top of the range.
Great was his surprise on arriving at the creek to find what a difference there was in the appearance of it from the range and where he stood.
From the range it appeared to be a quiet, harmless, laughing stream.
Now he saw it to be a muddy, boiling, bubbling torrent, with high perpendicular banks.
For a long time he stood, thinking which way to go, up or down stream.
He had just decided to go down stream, when, on chancing to look up, he noticed a thin column of smoke slowly ascending from a little knoll.
He approached the place cautiously and noticed a door placed into the creek bank on the opposite side of the stream.
As he stood looking at the door, wondering who could be living in a place like that, it suddenly opened and a very old appearing woman came out and stood looking around her. Soon she spied the young man, and said to him: "My grandchild, where did you come from and whither are you bound?"
The young man answered: "I came from east of this ridge and am in search of my oldest brother, who came over in this direction five days ago and who has not yet returned."
"Your brother stopped here and ate his dinner with me, and then left, traveling towards the west," said the old witch, for such she was. "
Now, grandson, come across on that little log bridge up the stream there and have your dinner with me.
I have it all cooked now and just stepped outside to see if there might not be some hungry traveler about, whom I could invite in to eat dinner with me."
The young man went up the stream a little distance and found a couple of small logs which had been placed across the stream to serve as a bridge.
He crossed over and went down to the old woman's dugout hut.
"Come in grandson, and eat. I know you must be hungry."
The young man sat down and ate a real hearty meal.
On finishing he arose and said: "Grandmother, I thank you for your meal and kindness to me.
I would stay and visit with you awhile, as I know it must be very lonely here for you, but I am very anxious to find my brother, so I must be going.
On my return I will stop with my brother and we will pay you a little visit."
"Very well, grandson, but before you go, I wish you would do me a little favor.
Your brother did it for me before he left, and cured me, but it has come back on me again.
I am subject to very severe pains along the left side of my backbone, all the way from my shoulder blade down to where my ribs attach to my backbone, and the only way I get any relief from the pain is to have some one kick me along the side."
(She was a witch, and concealed in her robe a long sharp steel spike. It was placed so that the last kick they would give her, their foot would hit the spike and they would instantly drop off into a swoon, as if dead.)
"If I won't hurt you too much, grandmother, I certainly will be glad to do it for you," said the young man, little thinking he would be the one to get hurt.
"No, grandson, don't be afraid of hurting me; the harder you kick the longer the pain stays away."
She laid down on the floor and rolled over on to her right side, so he could get a good chance to kick the left side where she said the pain was located.
As he moved back to give the first kick, he glanced along the floor and he noticed a long object wrapped in a blanket, lying against the opposite wall.
He thought it looked strange and was going to stop and investigate, but just then the witch cried out as if in pain.
"Hurry up, grandson, I am going to die if you don't hurry and start in kicking."
" I can investigate after I get through with her," thought he, so he started in kicking and every kick he would give her she would cry: "Harder, kick harder."
He had to kick seven times before he would get to the end of the pain, so he let out as hard as he could drive, and when he came to the last kick he hit the spike, and driving it through his foot, fell down in a dead swoon, and was rolled up in a blanket by the witch and placed beside his brother at the opposite side of the room.
When the second brother failed to return, the third went in search of the two missing ones. He fared no better than the second one, as he met the old witch who served him in a similar manner as she had his two brothers.
"Ha! Ha!" she laughed, when she caught the third, "I have only one more of them to catch, and when I get them I will keep them all here a year, and then I will turn them into horses and sell them back to their sister.
I hate her, for I was going to try and keep house for them and marry the oldest one, but she got ahead of me and became their sister, so now I will get my revenge on her.
Next year she will be riding and driving her brothers and she won't know it."
When the third brother failed to return, the sister cried and begged the last one not to venture out in search of them.
But go he must, and go he did, only to do as his three brothers had done.
Now the poor sister was nearly distracted.
Day and night she wandered over hills and through woods in hopes she might find or hear of some trace of them.
Her wanderings were in vain.
The hawks had not seen them after they had crossed the little stream.
The wolves and coyotes told her that they had seen nothing of her brothers out on the broad plains, and she had given them up for dead.
One day, as she was sitting by the little stream that flowed past their hut, throwing pebbles into the water and wondering what she should do, she picked up a pure white pebble, smooth and round, and after looking at it for a long time, threw it into the water.
No sooner had it hit the water than she saw it grow larger.
She took it out and looked at it and threw it in again.
This time it had assumed the form of a baby.
She took it out and threw it in the third time and the form took life and began to cry: "Ina, ina" (mother, mother).
She took the baby home and fed it soup, and it being an unnatural baby, quickly grew up to a good sized boy.
At the end of three months he was a good big, stout youth.
One day he said: "Mother, why are you living here alone? To whom do all these fine clothes and moccasins belong?" She then told him the story of her lost brothers.
"Oh, I know now where they are.
You make me lots of arrows.
I am going to find my uncles." She tried to dissuade him from going, but he was determined and said: "My father sent me to you so that I could find my uncles for you, and nothing can harm me, because I am stone and my name is "Stone Boy."
The mother, seeing that he was determined to go, made a whole quiver full of arrows for him, and off he started.
When he came to the old witch's hut, she was nowhere to be seen, so he pushed the door in and entered.
The witch was busily engaged cooking dinner.
"Why, my dear grandchild, you are just in time for dinner.
Sit down and we will eat before you continue your journey."
Stone boy sat down and ate dinner with the old witch.
She watched him very closely, but when she would be drinking her soup he would glance hastily around the room.
Finally he saw the four bundles on the opposite side of the room, and he guessed at once that there lay his four uncles.
When he had finished eating he took out his little pipe and filled it with "kini-kinic," and commenced to smoke, wondering how the old woman had managed to fool his smart uncles.
He couldn't study it out, so when he had finished his smoke he arose to pretend to go. When the old woman saw him preparing to leave, she said: "Grandson, will you kick me on the left side of my backbone.
I am nearly dead with pain and if you kick me good and hard it will cure me."
"All right, grandma," said the boy.
The old witch lay down on the floor and the boy started in to kick.
At the first kick he barely touched her.
"Kick as hard as you can, grandson; don't be afraid you will hurt me, because you can't." With that Stone Boy let drive and broke two ribs.
She commenced to yell and beg him to stop, but he kept on kicking until he had kicked both sides of her ribs loose from the backbone.
Then he jumped on her backbone and broke it and killed the old witch.
He built a big fire outside and dragged her body to it, and threw her into the fire.
Thus ended the old woman who was going to turn his uncles into horses.
Next he cut willows and stuck them into the ground in a circle.
The tops he pulled together, making a wickieup.
He then took the old woman's robes and blankets and covered the wickieup so that no air could get inside.
He then gathered sage brush and covered the floor with a good thick bed of sage; got nice round stones and got them red hot in the fire, and placed them in the wickieup and proceeded to carry his uncles out of the hut and lay them down on the soft bed of sage. Having completed carrying and depositing them around the pile of rocks, he got a bucket of water and poured it on the hot rocks, which caused a great vapor in the little wickie-up.
He waited a little while and then listened and heard some breathing inside, so he got another bucket and poured that on also.
After awhile he could hear noises inside as though some one were moving about.
He went again and got the third bucket and after he had poured that on the rocks, one of the men inside said:
"Whoever you are, good friend, don't bring us to life only to scald us to death again."
Stone boy then said: "Are all of you alive?" "Yes," said the voice. "Well, come out," said the boy.
And with that he threw off the robes and blankets, and a great cloud of vapor arose and settled around the top of the highest peak on the long range, and from that did Smoky Range derive its name.
The uncles, when they heard who the boy was, were very happy, and they all returned together to the anxiously waiting sister.
As soon as they got home, the brothers worked hard to gather enough wood to last them all winter.
Game they could get at all times of the year, but the heavy fall of snow covered most of the dry wood and also made it very difficult to drag wood through the deep snow.
So they took advantage of the nice fall weather and by the time the snow commenced falling they had enough wood gathered to last them throughout the winter.
After the snow fell a party of boys swiftly coasted down the big hill west of the brothers' hut.
The Stone boy used to stand and watch them for hours at a time.
His youngest uncle said: "Why don't you go up and coast with them?"
The boy said: "They may be afraid of me, but I guess I will try once, anyway."
So the next morning when the crowd came coasting, Stone boy started for the hill.
When he had nearly reached the bottom of the coasting hill all of the boys ran off excepting two little fellows who had a large coaster painted in different colors and had little bells tied around the edges, so when the coaster was in motion the bells made a cheerful tinkling sound.
As Stone boy started up the hill the two little fellows started down and went past him as though shot from a hickory bow.
When they got to the end of their slide, they got off and started back up the hill.
It being pretty steep, Stone boy waited for them, so as to lend a hand to pull the big coaster up the hill.
As the two little fellows came up with him he knew at once that they were twins, as they looked so much alike that the only way one could be distinguished from the other was by the scarfs they wore.
One wore red, the other black.
He at once offered to help them drag their coaster to the top of the hill.
When they got to the top the twins offered their coaster to him to try a ride.
At first he refused, but they insisted on his taking it, as they said they would sooner rest until he came back.
So he got on the coaster and flew down the hill, only he was such an expert he made a zigzag course going down and also jumped the coaster off a bank about four feet high, which none of the other coasters dared to tackle.
Being very heavy, however, he nearly smashed the coaster.
Upon seeing this wonderful jump, and the zigzag course he had taken going down, the twins went wild with excitement and decided that they would have him take them down when he got back.
So upon his arrival at the starting point, they both asked him at once to give them the pleasure of the same kind of a ride he had taken.
He refused, saying: "We will break your coaster.
I alone nearly smashed it, and if we all get on and make the same kind of a jump, I am afraid you will have to go home without your coaster."
"Well, take us down anyway, and if we break it our father will make us another one."
So he finally consented.
When they were all seated ready to start, he told them that when the coaster made the jump they must look straight ahead.
"By no means look down, because if you do we will go over the cut bank and land in a heap at the bottom of the gulch."
They said they would obey what he said, so off they started swifter than ever, on account of the extra weight, and so swiftly did the sleigh glide over the packed, frozen snow, that it nearly took the twins' breath away.
Like an arrow they approached the jump.
The twins began to get a little nervous. "Sit steady and look straight ahead," yelled Stone boy.
The twin next to Stone boy, who was steering behind, sat upright and looked far ahead, but the one in front crouched down and looked into the coulee.
Of course, Stone boy, being behind, fell on top of the twins, and being so heavy, killed both of them instantly, crushing them to a jelly.
The rest of the boys, seeing what had happened, hastened to the edge of the bank, and looking down, saw the twins laying dead, and Stone boy himself knocked senseless, lying quite a little distance from the twins.
The boys, thinking that all three were killed, and that Stone boy had purposely steered the sleigh over the bank in such a way that it would tip and kill the twins, returned to the village with this report.
Now, these twins were the sons of the head chief of the Buffalo Nation.
So at once the chief and his scouts went over to the hill to see if the boys had told the truth.
When they arrived at the bank they saw the twins lying dead, but where was Stone boy? They looked high and low through the gulch, but not a sign of him could they find.
Tenderly they picked up the dead twins and carried them home, then held a big council and put away the bodies of the dead in Buffalo custom.
A few days after this the uncles were returning from a long journey.
When they drew near their home they noticed large droves of buffalo gathered on their side of the range.
Hardly any buffalo ever ranged on this east side of the range before, and the brothers thought it strange that so many should so suddenly appear there now.
When they arrived at home their sister told them what had happened to the chief's twins, as her son had told her the whole story upon his arrival at home after the accident.
"Well, probably all the buffalo we saw were here for the council and funeral," said the older brother.
"But where is my nephew?" (Stone boy) he asked his sister.
"He said he had noticed a great many buffalo around lately and he was going to learn, if possible, what their object was," said the sister. "Well, we will wait until his return."
When Stone boy left on his trip that morning, before the return of his uncles, he was determined to ascertain what might be the meaning of so many buffalo so near the home of himself and uncles.
He approached several bunches of young buffalo, but upon seeing him approaching they would scamper over the hills.
Thus he wandered from bunch to bunch, scattering them all.
Finally he grew tired of their cowardice and started for home.
When he had come to within a half mile or so of home he saw an old shaggy buffalo standing by a large boulder, rubbing on it first one horn and then the other.
On coming up close to him, the boy saw that the bull was so old he could hardly see, and his horns so blunt that he could have rubbed them for a year on that boulder and not sharpened them so as to hurt anyone.
"What are you doing here, grandfather?" asked the boy.
"I am sharpening my horns for the war," said the bull.
"What war?" asked the boy.
"Haven't you heard," said the old bull, who was so near sighted he did not recognize Stone boy.
"The chief's twins were killed by Stone boy, who ran them over a cut bank purposely, and the chief has ordered all of his buffalo to gather here, and when they arrive we are going to kill Stone boy and his mother and his uncles."
"Is that so? When is the war to commence?"
"In five days from now we will march upon the uncles and trample and gore them all to death."
"Well, grandfather, I thank you for your information, and in return will do you a favor that will save you so much hard work on your blunt horns."
So saying he drew a long arrow from his quiver and strung his bow, attached the arrow to the string and drew the arrow half way back.
The old bull, not seeing what was going on, and half expecting some kind of assistance in his horn sharpening process, stood perfectly still.
Thus spoke Stone boy:
"Grandfather, you are too old to join in a war now, and besides if you got mixed up in that big war party you might step in a hole or stumble and fall and be trampled to death.
That would be a horrible death, so I will save you all that suffering by just giving you this.
" At this word he pulled the arrow back to the flint head and let it fly.
True to his aim, the arrow went in behind the old bull's foreleg, and with such force was it sent that it went clear through the bull and stuck into a tree two hundred feet away.
Walking over to the tree, he pulled out his arrow.
Coolly straightening his arrow between his teeth and sighting it for accuracy, he shoved it back into the quiver with its brothers, exclaiming:
"I guess, grandpa, you won't need to sharpen your horns for Stone boy and his uncles."
Upon his arrival home he told his uncles to get to work building three stockades with ditches between and make the ditches wide and deep so they will hold plenty of buffalo.
"The fourth fence I will build myself," he said.
The brothers got to work early and worked until very late at night.
They built three corrals and dug three ditches around the hut, and it took them three days to complete the work. Stone boy hadn't done a thing towards building his fence yet, and there were only two days more left before the charge of the buffalo would commence.
Still the boy didn't seem to bother himself about the fence.
Instead he had his mother continually cutting arrow sticks, and as fast as she could bring them he would shape them, feather and head them.
So by the time his uncles had their fences and corrals finished he had a thousand arrows finished for each of his uncles.
The last two days they had to wait, the uncles joined him and they finished several thousand more arrows.
The evening before the fifth day he told his uncles to put up four posts, so they could use them as seats from which to shoot.
While they were doing this, Stone boy went out to scout and see how things looked.
At daylight he came hurriedly in saying, "You had better get to the first corral; they are coming."
"You haven't built your fence, nephew." Whereupon Stone boy said: "I will build it in time; don't worry, uncle."
The dust on the hillsides rose as great clouds of smoke from a forest fire.
Soon the leaders of the charge came in sight, and upon seeing the timber stockade they gave forth a great snort or roar that fairly shook the earth.
Thousands upon thousands of mad buffalo charged upon the little fort.
The leaders hit the first stockade and it soon gave way.
The maddened buffalo pushed forward by the thousands behind them; plunged forward, only to fall into the first ditch and be trampled to death by those behind them.
The brothers were not slow in using their arrows, and many a noble beast went down before their deadly aim with a little flint pointed arrow buried deep in his heart.
The second stockade stood their charge a little longer than did the first, but finally this gave way, and the leaders pushed on through, only to fall into the second ditch and meet a similar fate to those in the first.
The brothers commenced to look anxiously towards their nephew, as there was only one more stockade left, and the second ditch was nearly bridged over with dead buffalo, with the now thrice maddened buffalo attacking the last stockade more furiously than before, as they could see the little hut through the openings in the corral.
"Come in, uncles," shouted Stone boy.
They obeyed him, and stepping to the center he said: "Watch me build my fence."
Suiting the words, he took from his belt an arrow with a white stone fastened to the point and fastening it to his bow, he shot it high in the air. Straight up into the air it went, for two or three thousand feet, then seemed to stop suddenly and turned with point down and descended as swiftly as it had ascended.
Upon striking the ground a high stone wall arose, enclosing the hut and all who were inside. Just then the buffalo broke the last stockade only to fill the last ditch up again.
In vain did the leaders butt the stone wall.
They hurt themselves, broke their horns and mashed their snouts, but could not even scar the wall.
The uncles and Stone boy in the meantime rained arrows of death into their ranks.
When the buffalo chief saw what they had to contend with, he ordered the fight off.
The crier or herald sang out: "Come away, come away, Stone boy and his uncles will kill all of us."
So the buffalo withdrew, leaving over two thousand of their dead and wounded on the field, only to be skinned and put away for the feasts of Stone boy and his uncles, who lived to be great chiefs of their own tribe,
and whose many relations soon joined them on the banks of Stone Boy Creek.
submitted by JoshAsdvgi to Native_Stories [link] [comments]

2023.06.02 00:59 No-Mongoose-8324 AITA for getting mad at my gf when she took my backpack and wouldn't give it back?

I genuinely don't know if I was over reacting or not but when we were walking to our next classes I realized I might have left one of my important papers for my next period in my last. My gf being the wonderful person she is carried my backpack from our last class up until now. I asked her for my stuff back to check but she didn't, I asked maybe another 10 times but she wouldn't budge then made a joke about my "fragile masculinity". I'm not sure what that had to do with it but I was getting annoyed and fed up, so when we stopped walking I took my bag back and she said I yelled at her, I don't remember yelling I only remember that it was annoying me. She then walked away without saying bye( we usually say bye) then started arguing with me over messages calling me ungrateful. Am I in the wrong?
submitted by No-Mongoose-8324 to AITAH [link] [comments]

2023.06.02 00:58 DudeInTheFSS Find my loot - I'm moving and won't be back for about a month.

I don't recall the specific server but it was one of the temporary servers, East Coast/New York. There is a tent South of Zelengorsk I was using to store loot while farming the area. There are a few guns, knives, lot of ammo, food, and medicine. You can find it on the south-western edge of the forest in grid 107x023. It's a mid size tent with camo.
I started laid down the tent about 10-15 days ago so it has about 30 days left.
submitted by DudeInTheFSS to dayz [link] [comments]

2023.06.02 00:57 Luniartic Is my PC dead?

Hi guys, how are you doing?
I have a question if you can help me out here. I already had my freakout and greaving session so now I guess it could be denial with a bit of hope?
So long story short, I own a war machine. My computer (motherboard) has been with me since I was 9, other parts have been upgraded with time but the brain is old... really old. For context In 27 turning 28 soon (he was a birthday present).
Up until yesterday he was fine, updated my game, watched my series, normal use no issue. This morning I decided I wanted to play a video game I used to play some time ago (MMO) with a very big installation. So I left him open to do the download while I was at work to get it ready for my return.
I used him for some typical stuff when I came in, and then I hit the play button on steam for the game. The PC froze for about 15 minutes before it crashed. When I went into windows it was fine but reaaaally slow. I checked if something got cooked but everything seemed to be recognized fine and working properly. I assumed I needed to do some windows updates as it has happened in the past.
While it was downloading, the PC crashed a second time. When I booted him up, it was asking for a reboot with correct boot device. After 10-12 restarts, crying a lot and googling everything that happened he booted windows again (we had a small moment with a black screen white dash blinking before that) but it froze the moment I clicked something.
I had to force him to shut down again.
My question is, is it corrupt windows, can it be fixed or is it just his time to go to PC heaven?
submitted by Luniartic to techsupport [link] [comments]

2023.06.02 00:57 Ayencee Can I take someone else’s amoxicillin?

F27, 5’5”, 114 lbs, do not smoke, on Wellbutrin (300 mg AM and 150 mg PM) and Adderall (10mg XR). Occasionally Tylenol, which is more often lately due to the subject at hand. Cranberry pills for a few days two weeks ago and throughout this past weekend. No medical diagnoses beyond depression and adhd. Possibly alpha gal syndrome, in my medical chart but official diagnosis is iffy.
I’ve been having what I believe is a UTI for a bit now. Symptoms first showed up two weeks ago and I took cranberry pills for a few days, symptoms seemed to ease. On Monday, I definitely didn’t drink enough water and my symptoms came back again (pain with urinating, peeing small amounts, peeing frequently, constantly feeling like I need to pee, rinse and repeat) but now I have pain in my left side/back that is constant feels like it’s getting a little worse over the last few hours.
I’m struggling to find an urgent care that can get me in tonight and my best friend offered me her amoxicillin she has, 7 days worth. I’m wondering if it’s safe to take someone else’s medication. Like, what if I don’t have a UTI but something mimicking one and amoxicillin will not help me? I really need some relief and I’m frustrated that I can’t seem to find available medical care but I worry about taking amoxicillin without doctors orders.
Thoughts? Thank you in advance.
submitted by Ayencee to AskDocs [link] [comments]

2023.06.02 00:57 Consistent_Lab_9443 My Family Won't Help Because I'm TransFem and have a Girlfriend

So I tried to post this on the AITA subreddit, but I guess there was something wrong with the story because it would get instant removed, anyways, when IW as A kid I broke my back and several other body parts in a car crash, I now have chronic issues, mostly pertaining to my back, making it hard to work regular jobs, so I work odd jobs like Doordash for a few hours whenever the pain isn't too bad while I wait for my application for disability to go through.
Unfortunately this has left me behind on some bills, and facing eviction as those odd jobs aren't bringing in enough to pay off old bills before new bills pile up, and so I asked my brother who makes quite a lot from working as a plumber if he'd be willing to help me and I would pay him back over time, and he said he'd think about, a few days later I was being bombarded with calls and texts from family basically saying that I wasn't going to get help because I turned my back on my family. I wasn't exactly sure what they where talking about since this was the first id heard of my apparent familial betrayal.
So I asked what they meant, and they said that I lost the support of my family the second I came out as transgender and started dating my current gf. I asked if they had a problem with my gf, and they said no, they just had a problem with me being MTF and dating her. Now I lack anyone's support and face a most certain eviction and subsequent homelessness. So like... What the heck should I have done different, and what should I do?
submitted by Consistent_Lab_9443 to lgbt [link] [comments]

2023.06.02 00:55 Userman1248 Help fleshing out a setting here is what I have.

There are levels to the world, the first and top level is where the gods reside ‘a colorless void that only godlike senses detect, the second level is where the elves and other forest things reside this is your typical elf country, home of the mother goddess ‘not actually a god just a very powerful tree’, the third level is futuristic ‘think I just gave all these dwarves and gnomes and other ‘underground thinkers’ unlimited metals and rare ores and left them for several million years, the fourth level is the realm of the humans, they are the first realm that is devised into kingdoms and is your typical medium fantasy, magic is rare, but not something to go home to tell mom about, most people would see someone that casts magic outside of themselves maybe seven times in their life, the fifth level is the level of outcasts, people banished from their home realm for various reasons, the sixth level has been barren since it’s creation but is filled with the souls and corpses of wanderers that got trapped there and died, cursed to wander forever longer as undead, the seventh level is a realm of punishment, for those that have wronged the gods it is a place of fear and pain, for those that have done nothing wrong you should be able to pass through unharmed but do not hinder the punishers in any way lest you be trapped in eternal torture, the eighth level is just a home for all the various demons and devils that are contracted by evil warlocks, they don’t know that the warlocks do evil with their power and think that they just made a deal with a mortal for some cool junk, nice people really, the ninth level is a stop gap for the tenth that is filled to the brim with treasures that increase the magic density ‘make spells cost one spell slot cheaper when on hand’, and the tenth level is where all the banished gods reside sealed forever never able to escape because of the seal that is mane from the ninth level. It is seen as a grave sin by all the gods if you take something from the ninth level, if they take anything they are going to have a fun time in the seventh level.
Levels with specific details
Second Woodrow Wildson Druidic politician
Third K’barr the blade smith
Wandering city of Saitz: city that has inhabitants from most layers of the world; the city appears randomly places, sometimes you can enter the city and exit in another layer, the city comes and goes at undetermined times, it can be in multiple places at once, usually leaves when a large number of people know where it is, will leave residents behind leading to some diversity in race in every layer, never in the tenth layer, let’s any being regardless of intent come and go, buildings being destroyed is not tolerated
submitted by Userman1248 to DnD [link] [comments]

2023.06.02 00:55 movingpastthehurt anyone else just so full of rage?

tomorrow will be 4 weeks since disclosure. as a lot of you know i was away for 11 days. he relapsed 3 fucking times while i was gone, one time being on mother's day. i'm so fucking angry all the time. i'm irritable and short tempered when the addict is present, not even only to him but to my children and the animals as well. we have been fighting nonstop. the other morning (530am) we were arguing about our puppy (he got while i was away, i said it was fine so it's on me) and it escalated into more and it ended with the addict saying i've been a horrible partner for the last 8 years and i never supported him or listened to him so now "we're even" after all the betrayal. you guys don't even understand how i felt-my soul left my body lmao. i started screaming and said that him stealing my sisters phone and masturbating to her nudes is no where close to even and then i threw a glass of water at the wall and locked myself in our bedroom with our 10 month old until he went to work. we didn't talk much after that. two days ago he checked in and said everything i did wrong but doesn't remember saying we're even. he also said i threw the glass at him. he was in the kitchen washing dishes at the time and i threw toward the dining room. so fucking stupid. he is upset because now that everything is in the open, no one will listen to "his side". last night he threatened suicide and i had muscle relaxers prescribed after giving birth because i literally couldn't walk (beautiful unmedicated birth that unfortunately separated my pubis symphysis) i didn't take them cus breastfeeding but i kept them. i've been so stressed out and sleeping so bad i was thinking of taking one but ofc he threw them out. i get it i'm glad he was safe with it, but he didn't even tell me until after the fact like hours later. i would have just hide the pills. you guys 🥲😅 am i crazy???
submitted by movingpastthehurt to loveafterporn [link] [comments]

2023.06.02 00:53 Lallo-the-Long I feel like I'm going to take this shame to my grave.

On May 2, my beautiful baby passed in my arms, and I'm glad i was there, but I don't think he was particularly aware of his surroundings it my presence that day. The day before he was a happy old man who went on all his walks and had an excited little dance to offer before dinner. That night we went out before bed and the trouble began. He made it downstairs, but then he stopped moving, sort of swaying slightly while standing there. I ran my other dog back upstairs then carried Kooper back home.
He was struggling. He didn't want to lay down but he couldn't stand up either. He was just standing there, leaning against the bed or trying to walk and falling over for a while with me weeping and trying to help him. When he finally lay down, I left. I walked out because I couldn't deal with my emotions and the pain of seeing him like that. My partner called my 10 minutes later yelling at me to come back.
My dog went into a major seizure after i left him. My baby boy who was always there in my darkest hours and i was too weak and pathetic to be there in the moments where he needed me the most in his whole life.
I will never forget this, and i don't know if i can ever forgive myself. I'm so sorry, Kooper. I love you, baby boy.
submitted by Lallo-the-Long to Petloss [link] [comments]

2023.06.02 00:52 kinkysoybean Anyone else have literally no friends?

I had some fairly traumatic bullying experiences as a kid that has left me unable to open up to new people at this point, or even want friends at all because of the painful history for me. Honestly, it doesn’t really bother me until hell week. I feel like such a loser during this time. I don’t think I’m unlovable or anything, just insignificant. Boring. Not very interesting. Like I’m not worth anyone’s time anyway, so why bother?
I feel like any friends I ever had always treated me like an afterthought and not someone they really cared about. I always feel like I put so much effort into friendships and then get nothing in return, or the bare fucking minimum.
It’s not just friends, either. My siblings don’t talk to me. I call them, they don’t answer. I text them, no answer. They say they’re busy, but like, really? You can’t make time for a phone call or just text back?
And all I seem to be able to do on days like this is cry about it, stalk some people I used to know on social media (who surely don’t even remember I exist) and then I feel even more like a loser.
Just feeling very low, was curious if anyone could relate. I work from home and don’t get any human interaction most days, so it honestly feels like I’m living in solitary confinement and I think it’s just making my health spiral into oblivion by now.
submitted by kinkysoybean to PMDD [link] [comments]

2023.06.02 00:50 frenchpipewrench Opinions on Offer?

Need your advice on a deal to return to an old firm.
For context I’m mid 20’s male have been in the industry since 2020 and have CFP. Started out at a solo practitioner where I was back office/ paraplanne fix it guy. Really enjoyed my time there but ultimately left to set my sights on greener pastures and work at a larger ensemble firm as I sought out an advisor track.
For the last year, I have been in an associate level role where I have much more (daily) client contact but am not in the primary advice giving chair. I’ve learned a bunch about the soft side of the business. Ultimately, I enjoy the ppl I work with a lot and am well liked and considered a great talent within the firm but will not be given a junior advisor role for at least two more years.
My old solo practitioner wants me back and is willing to carve out a path for me continue to service his clients at a higher base pay than current but this is likely only 20-25 hrs/ week of work. With the remaining time, I can use this to formulate my marketing plan and begin to build out my niche (still TBD) and COI relationships while hopefully servicing some next gen clients of the firm.
Below is the comp structure he laid out:
Base: $80K which includes 3% Firm Revenue Share (variable component of base changes with quarterly billing, so as firm assets rise, base comp rises)
Revenue Share for my clients (zero currently) :⠀⠀⠀
$0-10M 30% / 70%
$10-20M 40% / 60%
$20-30M 50% / 50%
$30-40M 60% / 40%
$40-50M 70% / 30%
$50M+ 80% / 20%
Once I move up a tier, the new percentage applies to my entire AUM. The advisor at the solo practitioner and I have a very good relationship and he wants me to be his succession plan in case he gets hit by a bus, which is a whole other story. I have no producing experience but I believe that I can stick around long enough to make something happen and am definitely a self starter. Not discounting how incredibly difficult it will all be though. No doubt that it will take much longer than I think.
However, this seems like a pretty fair arrangement, no?
submitted by frenchpipewrench to CFP [link] [comments]