Soap making dwarf fortress
Because videogame changelogs can be surprisingly entertaining
2015.04.08 20:27 1080Pizza Because videogame changelogs can be surprisingly entertaining
A place to share funny or otherwise interesting changelogs for videogame patches.
2023.05.30 23:39 Frequent_Many2 ML needed of Heptane
Can someone give me a rough estimate of how much ACS n-Heptane (using instead of Naphtha) I would need to use if I’m making soap using Cybs' Hybrid ATB 'Salt' Tek and 100g of MHRB powder?
submitted by Frequent_Many2
to DMT [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 22:36 Vulcann111 [H] 300+ Games [W] Steam Marketable Items (Cases, Gems, Keys, Skins, Trading Cards etc) and Wishlist
submitted by Vulcann111
to indiegameswap [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 22:34 Firelite67 What happens when you buy 40k minis for kids.
A: So, you decided to buy some 40k miniatures for your kid?
B: Yeah, I wanted him to see a bit of each faction so he can decide which one he likes best.
A: Okay... so, which one did he like?
B: Actually... just ask him.
A: Hey kid, whatcha got there?
B's son: These are my Warhammer figures. This is Captain Blueberry the Space Marine, and this is his best friend Orky the Ork! There's also Mr. Bonez the Necron, who acts mean but is really nice! And this is Buzzy the Tyrannid, who loves eating food and digging holes. Oh, and here's Jessie the Eldar, she has a magic gem that lets her see the future. I also have Spikey the Space Marine who's jealous of Captain Blueberry for some reason. And this is Ninja Kiki, the Tau who's great at stabbing people with this knife thing! And lastly, there's Dr Mitchell the Techpriest who makes people better! They're a bunch of super good friends who protect the galaxy from evil!'
A: Oh... I see what you mean.
B: I mean, at least it's better than the ones my daughter got
B's Daughter: "Captain General Kitten! How could you cheat on me with Magnus the Red?" "It's not what it looks like Commander Shadowsun, please don't leave me!"
A: You let her watch TTS?
B: No. But my wife let her watch her favorite soap opera.
A: I mean it could be worse. At least you didn't get them any Daemons
B's son: This is Gerald the Great Unclean one! He's mean and smelly!
B's daughter: "What? You're not my sister, Saint Celestine?" "No, Holly the Sister of Battle, your mother is actually Jessica the Daemonette!"
A: ...Oh god
B: Ironically, Ghazghkull ended up falling in love with Trazyn the Infinite, but Norbert the Lord of Change killed both of them with his ultimate super multi-arm attack laser. At least they're playing together. Sort of.
submitted by Firelite67
to Grimdank [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 22:23 Good-Constant-6487 Uncontrollable growth! 😳
Hard to tell from the pictures but this little baby is relentless... Pic 3 was on the 16th so two weeks ago she was just a couple days old. Gonna go with 17 days from seed to be safe but in comparison to my sativa bag seed experiment that's been going for 38 days it makes it look like a dwarf. Genetics really does play a super large role like 89% I would speculate 🤔 lol. Bless all my fellow growmies!
submitted by Good-Constant-6487
to cannabiscultivation [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 22:20 zaken 2 weeks post surgery
Previous post: https://www.reddit.com/valvereplacement/comments/1363zn2/surgery_in_2_weeks/
Bio: male, early 30s, bicuspid aortic valve, severe aortic regurgitation, severe 6.9cm LVEDD, 3.5cm mild ascending aorta aneurysm, no symptoms other than a significant heart murmur and a visible bounding pulse in my neck. I had the David procedure done, which is an open heart surgery where they repair the aortic valve and replace the aorta root with a synthetic graft. The native valve is placed inside the graft. Day before surgery:
I spent the day hanging out with my wife and daughter. My parents also flew in the night before to help take care of my kid while my wife and I would be in the hospital. I'm quite fortunate to have had essentially no anxiety leading up to the day. From my point of view, I didn't really have to do much of anything so there was nothing to be anxious about :) I tend to only get anxious before a performance or presentation or things like that where I'm responsible for executing something.
Before bed, I washed with the special antibacterial soap and we changed the bed sheets, pillow cases, and my PJs. Chugged a good liter of water before going to bed. Day of surgery
: Woke up at 4:30am. Showered again with the special antibacterial soap. Said bye to my parents and drove with my wife to the hospital for 6am check-in. The surgery itself would start at 8am. They called my up at around 7am to start prep. I hugged my wife in the waiting area and followed the nurse into the pre-op area where they shaved my chest and legs, wiped me down with some antiseptic wipes, and placed an IV. I waited for about 30 minutes once I was prepped, mostly browsing reddit on my phone and sending funny faces to my wife since I was wearing a dorky shower cap thing, before a team of 2 anesthesiologists came and confirmed all the details about the procedure. They wheeled me off into the OR. The last thing I remember is an anesthesiologist apologizing for all the "stickers" (ECG electrodes I think?) they were putting on me. I have no memory of them starting the anesthesia itself (like the mask or IV; no memory of counting down from 5 or anything like that).
A blink of an eye later, I had teleported to the ICU and woke up with a breathing tube, 3 chest tubes, a Foley cather, and like 3-4 more IVs and arterial lines that I had no memory of (left wrist, right wrist, right elbow, right side of the neck, possibly left elbow? Can't recall). It was slightly uncomfortable but absolutely no pain at all. The most uncomfortable thing was that the breathing machine seemed to have its own cadence for breathing and I wanted to breath my own way. I asked them to remove it but the ICU nurse said it was still too early and they wanted to wait another couple of hours. I was still pretty out of it and I'm pretty sure I was falling asleep here and there. My wife told me that the surgeon had come by and said the surgery went very well, and they were able to repair my valve. There was still some mild regurgitation remaining apparently, but nothing to worry about.
That evening, they removed the breathing tube and I had a bit more awareness. The anesthesia was wearing off and I was starting to feel pain in my lungs, which turned out to be from the chest tubes. Initially it wasn't too bad but over the next couple of days it got quite painful if I ever tried to take a deep breath. So I was taking quite shallow breaths and didn't really want to use the incentive spirometer
Woke up in the middle of the night with severe pain in my right lung and summoned my nurse, who administered dilaudid through my IV and it quickly got better. Day 2:
I was surprised to learn that the pain meds weren't scheduled, and they would only administer them if I asked for it. I was approved for 650mg Tylenol every 6 hours, 10mg oxycodone every 6 hours, and some amount (can't recall) of dilaudid and gabapentin. My recommendation would be to set some timers to ask for the pain meds on a regular cadence to avoid it getting out of hand. My right lung was by far the worst, spiking up to 7-8 on the pain scale whenever I took a deep breath, and holding at 3-4 during shallow breaths. No real pain anywhere else, including the incision.
One of the medicines they administered twice was a day was a Heparin shot, which reduces blood clots. It has to be administered subcutaneously which I found to be quite painful, and I grew to look forward the least to this medication. They also had me on metoprolol for blood pressure.
Around mid-day, they removed the Foley catheter which I would miss -- it was quite nice not to have to worry about urination. They had me get up for the first time, drink some chicken broth, and get weighed. I had gained 16lbs in fluids (160lbs -> 176lbs) so they started me on lasix to eliminate some of that. A PT guy came and had me walk to the neighboring unit and back (about 1 minute of walking) and told me to start practicing my incentive spirometer. I wasn't able to get it any higher than 500 before my right lung would start to hurt.
Soon after, they said I was ready to move out of the ICU. A transport person came, helped me into a wheel chair, and wheeled me off. I settled into the new room. Someone came to take some chest X rays with a mobile X ray machine. It shows I had a mild pneumothorax in my right lung; maybe that was why it was painful. They didn't seem concerned about it and said it would hurt less once the chest tubes came out. Day 3:
One of the chest tubes seemed to be done draining, so they came to remove it. It honestly wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. They had me exhale and hum while they pulled it out in one go. Took about 3 seconds and felt funny, but no pain. My right lung pain immediately got better. I was suddenly able to breath a lot deeper than before and was getting my incentive spirometer up to 1000.
After this point, I never really experienced much pain ever again. Except for the god damn Heparin shots.
I kept drinking chicken broth and apple juice as my only source of calories, and the lasix were in full effect at this point so I was getting up every couple of hours to pee. I was something like 168lbs at this point (lost 8lbs of fluids).
I did 3 walks around the nurse station. About 5 minutes each. Had my first bowel movement somewhere around here. By evening time, my doctor cleared me for a regular diet and I ordered a bunch of fruits and a barley soup.
Getting in and out of bed was a chore -- I had to get help from a nurse every time. It took a good 5 minutes to organize all the tubes every time. Day 4:
The other 2 chest tubes came out, and also the pacing wires. Again no pain, just feels strange and ticklish. Easily tolerable. I suddenly had a ton more freedom. Without the chest tubes, I no longer needed the nurse to get in and out of bed. Tried to get in a couple of longer 10 minute walks, but it was definitely a lot harder. My heart rate would go up to 130 and I would need to go back to bed and lie down to get it back under 100.
I also noticed that sitting upright in a chair and eating food would also spike my heart rate, up into the 120s. I would be a little bit out of breath after eating and would need to lie down.
At mid day, they wheeled me off to get my first post-op echocardiogram. The echo results were very surprising: it showed mild-to-moderate
regurgitation, and a completely normal LV size -- 4.5cm LVEDD. My surgeon's PA came by to talk about it, and said that the surgeon disagrees with the echo tech's interpretation of the images and would still classify it as mild regurgitation. More importantly, during surgery when direct visual inspection is possible, it apparently looked quite good. They think once the lasix fully drain me of all the excess fluid, there will be less regurgitation. I asked if it's really possible for the LV to shrink so dramatically in just 4 days (6.9cm to 4.5cm) and she said yep, and in fact it's a sign that the valve is working well. I think I wont really find closure on this until my next echo which is probably many months away so I'm putting it out of mind.
They did say they would switch me from metoprolol to hydralazine, which also reduces blood pressure but has the side effect of increasing the heart rate. Apparently a faster heart rate would be good in my situation to help the valve heal (I guess because faster heart rate = lower volume of blood that is pumped?).
To my surprise, the PA said they were going to discharge me ahead of schedule since I met all the necessary criteria. My blood pressure was pretty steady at around 120/80. I was a bit conflicted since it felt safe at the hospital, but I also did not want any more god damn Heparin shots so I agreed to go home.
At home, I had a wedge pillow but it was a royal PITA to get in and out of bed so I impulse ordered an power lift chair rental which they dropped off the next day. Day 5:
The lift chair arrived, which was amazing. I no longer needed help from my family to get in and out of a horizontal position. I did find that it was important to be horizontal to get my heart rate under control with the hydralazine. Lying completely flat, I was at 100 BPM. Sitting up would take me to 110. Eating would get me to 120 and walking would get me to 130. I would need to go lie down after eating or walking to catch my breath and get my heart rate down.
I went for my first outside walk, where I walked about 4 houses down and back (5 minutes).
I took my first shower sitting on a shower stool. I was very cold after -- probably another side effect of the hydralazine as well -- and struggled to warm back up in bed. I was shivering and was worried for a bit whether I had an infection, but my temperature was normal so I think I was just cold.
My appetite wasn't very good and didn't want to eat what my family had cooked for me. I preferred cold, sweet things and ate a lot of honey net cheerios with cold milk.
I filled my hydralazine in oxycodone prescription, and picked up some tylenol as well. I used the oxy once on day 5, and didn't find the need for it after. I was able to get by just fine with tylenol. Day 6-10:
More of the same. Appetite got a lot better and started eating normally. By day 10, I was able to slowly walk a good 15 minutes in one go, about .5 miles. Around this time I also stopped using the lift chair and was able to get in and out of bed solo without too much difficulty. I also no longer needed the shower stool. It was a bit of a regret to spend a bunch of money on the stool, wedge pillow, and lift chair only to use them for 3-4 days, but they did make those few days quite a bit easier so I'm convincing myself it was money well spent. Day 11-14:
Rapid improvement -- on day 14 I was able to walk 1 mile in 20 minutes, and did it 3 times that day. Heart rate is down to 90 at rest now, and eating doesn't really increase it much. I feel good enough to go back to work honestly (just a desk job, and can work from home). I was half thinking I should try jogging, but I have cardiac therapy starting in a couple of weeks so I'll save my energy for that.
I'm still on the hydralazine and tylenol. I have essentially no pain as long as I'm maintaining the sternal precautions. I'm considering stopping the tylenol to see how it goes.
All in all, I have to say it was a pretty smooth experience and wasn't that bad at all. It seems like it's not completely unlikely that I'll need another surgery in the far future, though hopefully it's at least 15-20 years away. But if it's going to be anything like this, then I really have nothing to worry about. My wife tore her ACL in a skiing accident a few years ago and I have to say the recovery from ACL reconstruction surgery was a lot harder than this!
submitted by zaken
to valvereplacement [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 21:58 HellTabby Curious about my albino Campbell's dwarf having vertigo/balance issues
First of all I am NOT asking for vet advice. She has a vet appointment scheduled but the hamster vet at my clinic is currently on break, so the appointment is 2 weeks out. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had experiences w/ something like this in their own hams in the meantime
I work at Petsmart and we've had this female dwarf ham w/ extreme light sensitivity/vision issues and apparent vertigo. I'm the first one to notice it and have her deemed adoptable (If an animal has special needs or chronic medical issues we give them away for free) 99% of the time customers have no interest in them and these animals are adopted by employees or friends/family of employees after being stuck in the back for months and one of us takes pity on them. I decided to take her since I knew she'd be stuck in the drawers we use to quarantine new animals for 3 days before moving them to the floor for God knows how long if I didn't. This is an old video and I've already taken her home and got her in a bin cage
Anyways, she does this thing where she'll constantly stand up on her hind legs and raises her head, sometimes falling to the side or backwards. She also trips over absolutely nothing and I've made sure there's no ledges/platforms in her cage that are high enough that she might hurt herself if she falls over
Also, she never uses her wheel. She was on the floor at Petsmart for a before being moved to the back and even then I never saw her use the wheel even once. It's not due to the wheel being too small either as I always make sure the Campbells/WWs/Chineses have 8 inch wheels and only give the Robos/mice the 6.5 inch ones, and have gotten my coworkers to get in the habit of doing that as well. She has a 9 inch Silent Runner and will sit in it but never runs on it or even attempts to. I think if she actually does have vertigo/balance issues running on the wheel makes her dizzy which is why she never uses it, but I obv won't know until I ask the vet
Has anyone else had an albino Campell's dwarf before and knows if this is a common issue w/ them, and/or have seen behavior like this in their own hams?
submitted by HellTabby
to hamsters [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 21:57 EastCanyonGoods My Story
I've dealt with the psoriasis as far back as I can remember like 3rd grade or earlier when kids first learned about lice and it was mistaken often. Been to so many Dr, Dermatologists and experienced most all the ointments and soaps, acids, tars, steroids, etc and nothing would stop the itching and flaking for long if at all. Left piles of skin everywhere I went. One day I come back to work from a less than helpful Derm appointment feeling at my limit of frustration and just started reading about psoriasis again as if new. I began reading medical journals in my free time and I had a lot of screentime back then to do just that. Found all sorts of studies done with natural substances with beneficial results and began formulating something for myself from that. I started with a lotion base but soon learned my skin didn't like most substances to sit on it for extended periods. Then I moved to soaps. I added natural ingredients to basic store soaps, but only had partial success. The store soaps had too many chemicals and often reacted to the natural substances and the mixes would lose effectiveness over time. While my own condition was improving drastically during this time, the soap recipe needed work. So I researched and learned soap crafting and from that I learned a natural greek castile soap recipe which is as basic as a soap can be (coconut oil, olive oil,liquid based soap) on which I add the natural plant ingredients to create the final product which has been a labor of love for the past 15 years. Now I have a recipe that is very stable... in fact I have not yet found an end of shelf life, so very stable indeed. I have no further scales on my skin and my skin is actually healthier than my relatives of similar age.
Currently dealing with workforce company reductions and so I have time for a bit to produce my product for others and am preparing to start selling shortly from my etsy storefront.
I doubt I will make a long run business from this as the batches themselves take about 8hrs more or less to produce to my specifics. After running the numbers, the only way to go long term on this would be to license out to a large quantity soap maker which I'm not likely to do as there is more to the recipe than just the ingredients. Soap making has particular stages for things to happen that affect the outcome and if my product became inconsistent I doubt it would help anyone. Also there just aren't enough of us psoriasis clients out there to really sell enough quantity to make a living beyond say minimum wage and if people clear their skins by using the new types of prescriptions available, I can't say that would bother me in the least. I'd rather people didn't suffer anymore regardless of where they get relief from.
Castile Soap (Saponified Olive Oil, Saponified Coconut Oil, Glycerin, Water, Potassium Hydroxide), Rosemary Essential Extract (Rosmarinus Officinalis), Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia Chinensis), Vitamin E (Tocopherol), Indigo Naturalis (Qing Dai), Tea Tree Essential Oil (Melaleuca Alternifolia), Lemongrass Essential Oil (Cymbopogon Schoenanthus).
I'll update this post with a link when it's available for purchase
submitted by EastCanyonGoods
to FreedomFromPsoriasis [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 21:56 TimePsychological439 Darkoaster Busch Gardens WillaimsBurg Ride Review
Darkoaster Escape The Storm is a family dark ride launch roller coaster that has you try to escape the clutches of a supernatural force, In King Ludwig's abandoned fortress. This is a ride that I was very nervous to go on. Sure I knew ahead of time that it's a family friendly coaster and it goes less than 40 miles per hour which does fit in with my limitations. But there was one detail that made me scared and that was on Busch gardens official website and app it is considered to be a high thrill ride. I am currently only someone who likes to do mild or moderate thrill rides because I can’t handle high thrill rides due to the very fast motion making me feel like I'm gonna die. Thankfully when I went on it I was more than able to handle it, I enjoyed it. This ride goes really fast but not too fast for me to be overwhelmed. It is fast to the point where I found myself saying whoa once or twice and having fun on it. The only part that I found scary were a few turns that I found pretty sharp. But not scary enough to make me scream, they were just more of a surprise. One thing I do wish this ride provided more of were visuals throughout the entire ride, a good chunk of this ride is just darkness with only a few visuals here and there. I understand that unlike slow dark rides you don’t stay in one place with roller coasters for that long but I personally just think more visuals would be great since the ride is entirely indoors and in darkness unlike other roller coasters where you woosh by nature and such. But other than that I think this is a fun ride that I would recommend to anyone who likes roller coasters, even if you can only handle family friendly ones because despite it being called a high thrill ride I don’t consider it as thrilling as an actual high thrill ride I went on. I give this ride a one word rating of thrilling.
submitted by TimePsychological439
to Themepark [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 21:55 somethingeye Photos of cuts from soap making class!
2023.05.30 21:52 pernile11 My honest thoughts on "The Juice" :(
I just received The Juice from the BOGO. To be frank, I am severely disappointed. I had such high hopes for this flavor, and it has completely let me down. For me, it tastes like soap. I could also relate it to some sort of jelly bean I have had or even this one watermelon toothpaste I had when I was young. just a very soapy flavor. I tried watermelon before in a single-serving packet, and I loved it. It had a different watermelon flavor. I was assuming The Juice would be just like that, except with a more tropical taste. I have never had a tub I didn't like, and honestly, I am thinking about giving it away to my brother. This is my first Gfuel L, and I am very sad.
TL;DR - I do not like juice flavor. It is soapy, and makes me nauseous sadly.
submitted by pernile11
to GFUEL [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 21:52 pine_apple_supreme What’s a good fish that’s both got a personality, pretty and good for a 20 gallon?
So I got a 20 gallon long luckily and I’m wanting to have a setup where I can see it on all four times.
I’m thinking of a it having an island like affect with all the plants and hard scape in the middle of the tank.
I’m wanting a fish that’ll have a bomb personality and is also pretty in its own way.
I have mutt guppies, paradise fish, sparkling gouramis and African dwarf frogs.
I like animals that are different and kinda odd looking if you know what I mean.
I’m also a big fan of low tech aquariums, so this tank would only have lighting, heating and a filter, but that’s it.
I was originally thinking maybe a giant betta or pea puffers, but I felt they weren’t flashy enough if that makes sense.
I will also be getting she’ll dwellers for another tank as well so no she’ll dwellers.
Thoughts on what I could get guys?
submitted by pine_apple_supreme
to fishkeeping [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 21:50 Jcb112 Humans Don't Hibernate [Part 48/?]
Next Patreon Official Subreddit
Confidence, certainty, and remorse. Those were the emotions that were interpreted from the readings we gleaned from the interloper’s brain. Emotions that lit up almost immediately after I asked that question, that one last interrogative inquiry that I hoped would shed more light on this person of interest. “What is this individual to you, besides a seed for your grand design?”
It was a question that was meant to crack
through the wishy washy tendencies of the interloper’s speech. One that I had hoped would lead to something
more than just another round of long-winded philosophical pondering purposefully meant to obfuscate palpable meaning and intent.
At least, that was the intended
effect I hoped
it would have.
Yet what I received dashed my expectations yet again.
As it was neither the long-winded philosophical tirades the interloper was prone too, nor another long-winded rant.
But a single word, spoken with an emphatic ferocity that took me by complete surprise.
That was the interloper’s sole reply to my question. That one word carried with it an ominous airy texture that felt eerily out of place when compared to the creature’s mightier-than-thou
persona it’d been unrelentingly projecting up to this point.
Vir and I simply allowed that word to linger in the air for a while, as we both stared at each other and eventually nodded in unison.
“So… should we wait?” I immediately asked Vir.
It wasn’t long before the interloper jumped off of that sudden proclamation into something with more meat and substance, completely disrupting the ominous buzz that had come with the silence.
… is an avatar of a future that must be actualized. They represent a foil to the follies of both humanity
and my own kind.” I wanted to scoff
at it for daring to mention humanity as in need of a foil
. The thing was projecting, and it was clear that it was simply trying to get me to doubt my resolve in the race that it so clearly held more than its own fair share of biased grievances towards. “This individual was the first to truly see beyond the veil, to understand what I
understand, to comprehend what I
comprehend. The interloper quickly paused, once again feigning thoughtfulness no doubt. “They were the first individual from beyond the fold
to reach parity, for as much as parity could
be achieved within the inherent limitations set forth by the tides of fate and the randomness of chance that is the natural order.”
The interloper’s tone had slowly, but surely, crept back to its usual haughty and disconcerting overtures.
However, when juxtaposed to its emotional readouts, it was clear that there was at least something
to go off of here.
“Confidence, hope, desire, and longing.” Vir read out the emotional readouts as they came through.
“We’ve said this once before but I’ll say it again, we can’t entirely
rely on this as an indicator of its truthfulness. You know as well as I do that the thing may be able to manipulate its own emotions.” I shrugged. “However, what I am
gleaning from this is that this person of interest
is perhaps a heavily modified person belonging to the local race endemic to the planet below. One that was perhaps one of the interloper’s more successful
test subjects. I highly doubt it values this person beyond their worth within this grander scheme it has.”
“That’s what I’m getting from this as well.” Vir responded immediately, leaving no room for any pauses in the conversation. “Well, whatever this individual is, I think we have our intel. Anything else we ask from it will be caked in a layer of poetic prose enough to give Shakespeare a run for his money.”
“A human poet synonymous with his flowery prose, his name became a common saying back amongst the crew back in my day when we had a brief classical revivalist
trend. Anyways, that’s not important. Do you have any other points you believe need to be covered?” Vir asked promptly.
“Practical concerns. We need to narrow down our search as best as we can. Otherwise, we might be in for a grueling grind that I honestly do not have the patience to deal with.” I managed out simply, as Vir responded with a single nod and gestured for me to continue on with my questions.
This time, I intended it to be a rapid-fire operation.
can I find this individual?” I stated plainly, before turning towards Vir. “Send transmission.”
“Transmission sent.” Vir acknowledged.
To my surprise, the interloper seemed to be more forthcoming this time around, actually answering within the span of just a few seconds as opposed to its monotonous
wait times of up to minutes
between each question.
“If all is as it should be, then iterative memory should serve to sequester their place. They will remain within that which they know
. A fortress hidden in plain sight, a refuge placed within what was once a verdant garden; and as is the case of all good seeds, they shall not scatter but instead remain where they fall. As even if a forest is razed and torn asunder, it is the duty of the remaining seeds to restart the cycle anew. This individual is present within a location which symbolizes their longing of reaching me
, Vanaran. Decipher for yourself the words which now mean little to you, without the gift of your elders.”
I was honestly holding my breath throughout the first half of that response, as it honestly sounded like I’d be getting something tangible we could work with. Yet it all seemed to have fallen apart at the second half where the interloper once more returned to its signature poetic prose.
I had no time to discuss it though, and I knew poking further would just result in more
So I began asking other adjacent
am I looking for here? Any specifics? Any distinguishing features? Anything I should look out for particular with regards to this individual? I’m assuming it’s one of the local species? I have plenty of generic datasets to go off of, just basing my observations off of the piles of corpses that currently surround you.” I quickly added that last bit as a sort of jab
, a petty one perhaps, but one that I wished to use to reiterate the severity of its follies. “But I need
specifics if there’s more than just a handful
of survivors down there.”
I turned to Vir. “Send transmission.”
“Transmission sent.” Vir replied with a nod
A few seconds passed. This time however, the delay was as pronounced as most of our interactions up to this point.
“They are as wise as they are foolish, and as foolish as they are wise.” The Interloper began. “And if the world beneath my tomb
is as dead and disheveled as you claim, then this fact will make it all the more simpler for you to isolate that which we both seek. For they will know
of a time before their own birth, and long for a future far beyond their own lifetime. They will be a gem amongst the soil and detritus, a star within the dark expanse. It will only be through bridging the emptiness that exists between sapient minds, for you to discover that which I speak of.”
I turned to Vir with an exasperated expression after listening to… whatever that
was, as Vir could only look at me with a look that more or less matched my own thoughts at the moment.
It was a look of complete and utter tiresome annoyance.
“Right, I think it’s time we end this, and finally see what there is to find on that untouched tomb.” I peered towards the planet below, peaking my head just beyond the litany of screens taking up the majority of my vision, just to glimpse at the blue, brown and green orb that the moon, and by extension us, currently orbited.
“This concludes our current line of dialogue, Interloper.” I spoke with certainty. “However I want to make something clear. Whether or not I proceed with your request is completely up to my discretion, as is the case with every other facet of this current dialogue, and the circumstances surrounding it.” I continued, reasserting the current dynamics currently at play as I wanted to make things as clear cut for it as possible; that this wasn’t
one of its typical games where it
was the one that held all of the cards. “Terminate connection.”
I turned towards Vir and once more gave him a single nod of approval. “Send transmission.”
“Wait, was terminate connection
comment part of the transmission or was that an order to actually
terminate the connection with the interloper?”
“That’s part of the transmission, I wanted to add that last bit in for an added bit of flair
.” I spoke with a confident wink.
Vir seemed to approve, at least, that’s what I assumed was the case with that slightly uplifted grin that was more pronounced on one side than the other. “I can get behind that… transmission sent.”
Surprisingly, the interloper refused to respond further. Whether or not it took the termination
of the connection literally, or whether it simply wanted to pull the silent treatment on us was unknown.
What we did
know however was what it felt immediately after.
We were once more bombarded by hope, anxiety, and concern, with guilt somehow present all throughout each and every emotion as it ebbed and flowed from one feeling to another.
We spent a total of five or so more minutes in silence, anticipating perhaps a delayed response that never came.
“Alright, so I guess that’s it then.” Vir was the first to break the silence. “I don’t detect any more readings from it that would indicate a desire to continue on with the conversation, so we’re all set here.” He craned his head towards the planet, shooing the screens away for a moment as the ship began moving further away from its orbit around the moon, and towards the planet in real-time.
The acceleration was genuinely impressive, as I felt at times that the monitor in front of us simply showed a timelapse of a journey as opposed to one actually happening
right before my eyes.
“And the countermeasures within its chamber?” I reflexively asked.
“Still operational. I have multiple lines of communication set up between the moon and the planet so even if
QEC goes down, we still have local live-communication feeds to fall back on. Anyways, should shit really
hit the fan, the nuke is set to go off after a very
liberal set of parameters are achieved, so I wouldn’t worry about our little friend
getting up to no good.” The AI winked back at me in reassurance.
“Right. So, with that out of the way, I think we need to focus on what
exactly we’re looking for here.” I spoke with a hefty breath. “We both agree it’s another one of the local species, correct?”
“And we both agree this person of interest is possibly augmented or genetically augmented in some way, right?”
“That would be the logical assumption after its entire long-winded speech about how this individual is literally the harbinger of a new age, yes.” Vir replied seemingly without a second thought.
“It never mentioned any distinct physical features which separates this person of interest from the rest of the species though.” I quickly added.
“No it did not. It seemed to only highlight characteristics that are details exclusive to the knowledge and personality this individual possesses. At least, that’s what I garnered from the riddles
it spoke in. Moreover, I believe it expects us
to find out exactly who this individual is via conversing with them. Bridging the emptiness between sapient minds
is a very
specific set of words to use. Which to me indicates a phenomenon I see often amongst networked
AI, and that is a sort of a cognitive and cultural disconnect when perceiving non-networked sapient beings, calling their conversations a bridging of emptiness
. And since the interlopers seem to be quite networked themselves if their psionics are any indicator, I’m assuming this
to be what it’s alluding to.”
I let out another sigh, my headfrills tilting this way and that as I spoke. “So we’re looking for a member of the local species, and the only way we can confirm if they are who we’re looking for is to talk to them.” I summarized succinctly, before moving to the next major point of contention. “But actually narrowing
down their location is another matter unto itself.”
“The interloper mentioned a fortress, which to me indicates that this person may well be hiding within a fortified position, perhaps a bunker. Furthermore, its whole emphasis of a forest is making me think that that's what we’re supposed to be looking for. A bunker hidden somewhere in a wooded area.”
said that the location symbolizes a place where a person may be able to talk or reach out to the interloper. Perhaps we’re talking about a radio station of sorts? A bunker hidden underneath a signal station, hidden somewhere in the forest?” I offered further, building off of Vir’s initial theorycrafting.
“That sounds like a solid theory in my book.” Vir nodded in agreement, as he began tapping away at the consoles in front of him. “I’ll begin downloading the data the satellites have been able to gather so far. I don’t expect much from sat-readings though. So after we pick and prod at the satellite readings, I think it’s time we put some of those autonomous intra-atmospheric survey and reconnaissance drones to good use.” A small smile began forming on the edges of Vir’s screen-face, as those little digital fangs that now framed his open grins complemented his persona very nicely. “It’s time to hunt.” First Previous
(Author’s Note: We're finally out of the interloper's domain, onto the next part of this arc, the planet! I hope you guys enjoy! :D The next chapter is already out on Patreon as well if you want to check it out!
[If you guys want to help support me and these stories, here's my ko-fi
! And my Patreon
for early chapter releases (Chapter 49 of this story is already out on there!)]
submitted by Jcb112
to HFY [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 21:37 Jack_Yakolev is there any way to make the "scream fortress collection" thing on the side go away? I couldnt find any answers with google
2023.05.30 21:10 lettered_hylobate Update 36: Gondor Renewed - releasing tomorrow, Wed. May 31
Update 36 Release Notes
Here are the release notes for Update 36: Gondor Renewed, released on Wednesday, May 31st, 2023.
Of Special Note:
A New Story Begins in A Renewed King's Gondor!
After the defeat of Sauron, King Elessar and Queen Arwen seek to bring peace to their kingdom, but the danger is not gone and new foes seek to threaten Gondor. Adventure awaits in the new zone of King's Gondor East, set after the War of the Ring when fresh breezes have dispersed the fumes of the Dawnless Day and allowed the sun to shine again! Discover the beginning of a new Epic-style storyline, 'The Song of Waves and Wind,' and team up with Legolas, Gimli, and friends both old and new to investigate the continuing threat of the Heirs of Castamir! The Song of Waves and Wind
A new story debuts with Gondor Renewed called "The Song of Waves and Wind"! For characters level 140. Start the first chapter by speaking to Glindor in Minas Tirith (Midsummer)! This new story is available to anyone who is VIP, purchases the "Gondor Renewed" quest pack, or who purchases quest packs associated with the story that are released in the future. King's Gondor Awaits
Gone are the gloomy dark skies, replaced with bright and sunny fields and hills. Players familiar with the original Central and Eastern Gondor regions will be familiar with King's Gondor from a navigation standpoint, but there are new additions, and places players previously could not go are now open to allow for further exploration!
The Quest Pack "Gondor Renewed" unlocks more than 80 quests and Deeds for level 140 characters. Includes King's Gondor East and The Song of Waves and Wind. Free to VIPs! How do I get to King's Gondor?
Go to Minas Tirith (After Battle) and head South through the Pelennor Fields. Where there once stood an impassable is no more! Questing begins in this area of the Pelennor Fields and in the under-construction version of The Harlond. From there, you can explore Gondor up to Linhir, where the gates are currently closed.
Landscape Difficulty: The Paths of Valour!
We have reworked the Landscape Difficulty setting system introduced with Treebeard and are now opening it to the general game worlds as an option! Read full details about this new Landscape Difficulty option in the release notes below. A new Faction and new rewards are now available by playing these higher difficulties. Activate your difficulty and adjust it in the future by speaking with a Hardened Traveller, which can be found in major hubs and new player zones throughout Middle-earth:
- Outside of the Prancing Pony in Bree
- Near the Stable Masters outside of the 21st Hall
- Just inside of the exit of Post-Raid Archet
- Just outside of Mossward
- Along the road Northward out of Celondim
- Just outside the door to Thorin's Hall
- Down the road from the Hobbit starter area exit waypoint
There are titles available for activating a difficulty of 3 or higher and keeping it there from level 10 to level 50, and then to level 130 respectively. The title granted depends on the class you play, but can be used by any character on your account. Make sure to select your Landscape Difficulty prior to achieving level 10 to be eligible for these titles! In order to earn these titles, you must keep the difficulty system active for the entire leveling span from level 10 thru 50/130. Entering areas of the game world where it is temporarily suppressed will not invalidate your title attempt, however turning it down or off via the Hardened Traveller will.
More Delvings are now available! The Annúminas instances Glinghant, Haudh Valandil, and the Great Barrows instances Sambrog, Thadûr and The Maze have been converted to be playable as Delvings! Find them in the Instance Finder (Control+J by default).
News and Notes
- Several player stun-removal skills were inappropriately flagged as 'Immediate' causing them to occasionally cancel themselves and fail to free you from stuns. These skills are now correctly 'Fast' rather than 'Immediate' skills.
- High Elf, Beorning, and Stout Axe Dwarf racial recall skills can now be used while mounted on any steed.
- The Beorning Trait "Battle Born" now correctly gives additional critical damage for off-hand weapons.
- The Brawler mounted combat skill "Take Breath" will now properly update the incoming healing rating when active.
- Innate Strength: Raw Power
- Fixed description of the trait to state that it grants +2.5/+5/+7.5/+10%.
- No change was made to the actual bonus granted by the trait, This is purely a tooltip change to have it reflect real values.
- Tracery Innate Strength: Damage/Threat
- Skill bonus has been modified [+10%->+5%], but is now added directly to the value of Innate Strength: Raw Power buff, which makes it considerably more effective than it was previously.
- Aim skill now works with 'Throw Knife'.
- Fighting Withdrawal can now be used while rooted to free yourself.
- The class deed "Fear the Darkness" should now properly advance even if "Courageous Convocation" is traited.
- Captain skill "Defensive Strike" is now properly affected by the tracery "Single Target Attack Damage".
- The buff from Inspire: Self-motivation should now correctly overwrite itself rather than failing to apply when you still have a few seconds of duration remaining from your previous skill use.
- Blood Rage and Continuous Blood Rage are now both correctly labeled Fast, rather than Immediate, skills. This prevents you from accidentally double-clicking the skill and putting it on cooldown without gaining the CC-removal effect.
- Tracery Swift Strike: Damage & Power Cost
- Renamed to Swift Strike/Blade: Damage & Power Restore
- Tracery now increases the Power restored by Swift Strike rather than reducing the (now non-existent) Power cost. Magnitude changed from [-33%->+20%].
- The Cardolan Essence of Retaliation effects' durations no longer benefit from the War-chant duration legacy.
- Clever Escape is now a Fast skill. This prevents you from accidentally double-clicking the skill and putting it on cooldown without gaining the CC-removal effect.
- The skill "Do Not Fall this Day" no longer breaks the target of the skill out of Stealth.
- "Forced March" will no longer be toggled off when you enter combat. It still only applies a bonus to your out of combat Run Speed.
- Seared Flesh now appropriately benefits from bonuses to your Fire Damage.
- Readied Blade's buff now provides Disarm Immunity for its duration.
- The trait 'Movement Training' now correctly increases Mitigation ratings from the Conviction and Dance of War buffs.
- Damage dealt by the trait 'Taking Advantage' increased.
- The crafting ingredients "Tuft of Torahammas' Fur", "Great Hoary Aurochs Hide" and "Speckled Shell Fragment" can now all be stored in crafting carryalls.
- Beasts in the Ettenmoors that drop crafting hides will now correctly drop Gundabad Hides instead of Eorlingas Hides.
- Crafters can now make two new tiers of selectable craftable essence boxes.
- Gundabad Skarn Deposits have been renamed to Brilliant Skarn Deposits.
- Frost-rimed Black Ash Branches have been renamed to Heavy Wind-swept Black Ash Branches.
Items & Rewards
- The Homestead Steed can now be correctly placed on a hitching post by hobbit, dwarf, and Stout-axe dwarf characters.
- Might-based selection boxes no longer reference or contain medium armour.
- Many medium Might-based armour pieces obtained from quests from levels 1-75 have been updated from medium to heavy armour.
- Enemies in Moria no longer drop obsolete Legendary Item rewards.
- The Distillation set now properly identifies itself as a Distillation set and not a Crock Pot.
- Incomparable Earrings received from the 3-stack instances from Return to Carn Dûm have had the names of their set bonuses changed to reflect the stats given by the items in their groups.
- The "Dwarf-make Helm" cosmetic has been renamed to "Dwarf-make Circlet".
- The Champion Legendary Item Tracery "Brutal Strikes Damage" now only appears in The Berserker barter profiles.
- The decorative band on the Sightseer's Straw Hat will now correctly display dye colors.
- The weapon Candelleth's Hammer is now categorized correctly in the Auction House.
- The Veteran of Helm's Deep Quartermaster now offers items for Beornings and Brawlers.
- The Homestead Steed can now be used in Zirakzigil as well as in Caras Galadhon and other appropriate areas in Lothlórien.
- We have reworked the Landscape Difficulty setting system introduced originally to Treebeard and made it available as an option to the general game worlds!
- We've added a new Faction and reward structure called The Paths of Valour that can be advanced by playing on higher difficulties.
- You can activate your difficulty setting by speaking with the Hardened Traveller that can be found in major hubs and new player zones who will offer you an array of quests representing the different difficulty levels.
- Upon accepting and completing one of these quests, your challenges on the roads of Middle-earth will increase substantially.
- The difficulty system turns itself off in group instances (3+), in the Ettenmoors, and any time the Delving system is activated. It will reactivate when you leave any of these areas.
- There are titles available for activating a difficulty of 3 or higher and keeping it there from level 10 to level 50, and then to level 130 respectively. The title granted depends on the class you play through with, but can be used by any character on your account.
- In order to earn these titles, you must keep the difficulty system active for the entire leveling span from level 10 thru 50/130. Entering areas of the game world where it is temporarily suppressed will not invalidate your title attempt, however turning it down or off via the Hardened Traveller will.
- Existing characters above level 10 will not be able to earn the titles themselves, but will be able to use those titles if they are earned by another character on your account.
- When playing at Fearless or higher, enemies of your own level or higher may drop Tokens of Heroism.
- These can be turned in to complete weekly tasks from the Hardened Traveller, which will increase your reputation with the Paths of Valour faction.
- At Fearless difficulty (3-6), these tokens can drop for up to 3 members in a Fellowship.
- At Heroic difficulty (7+) they can drop for up to 6 members in a Fellowship.
- The drop rate of these tokens increases somewhat with higher difficulties.
- The difficulty settings and effects are pretty much the same as they were on Treebeard, though we've changed up the names a bit, and added a few variations to the hotspot effects you can encounter under the Eye of Sauron.
- The Hardened Traveller has a menu of barter rewards that include a small set of Reputation accelerators for the faction and Morale/Power potions. More importantly, he also offers an array of 8 new Epic variations of familiar emotes which you will be able to find on the Collections panel.
General Landscape Changes:
- Court of Celeborn now has a map.
- Floating objects in the Allegiance Halls and in Mordor have been grounded.
- Incorrect textures in Minas Tirith has been resolved.
- Stablemaster map text has been updated for the German game client.
Missions and Delvings
- Delving Barter Vendors and Mission Givers have also been added to all our Skirmish Camps. We did this to make it easier to turn in delving quests no matter where players are. Delving Mission Givers have also been given that title as a role to make it easy to spot them.
- Created a Selectable Delving Extraordinary Box that only drops in instances at tiers 7+. While still rare, new instances have a significantly higher drop rate for this item.
- The Delving Tracery Archive Travel Skill no longer has any reputation requirements.
- Mission: Jorthkyn and the Hounds
- The Mission now appropriately identifies that you need to kill 8 wargs along with the 8 Jorthkyn to advance the quest.
- The Mission had some pesky low-level monsters that really wanted to get in on the fight. They have been reprimanded to stay in their lanes.
- Fixed an issue with the mission "Dangerous Deliveries" where the player would pick the pie up twice upon completing the induction to pick up the pie.
- The bridge in the mission Patrol the Township that was bereft of physics has found its physics and will now support your character as it should.
- Before the Shadow missions that referred to previous mission givers have been updated with references to current mission givers.
- The mission "The Nettinglade" had a single cocoon that decided it didn't want to sparkle. The spider responsible has been admonished and though it pledged to swallow all Light in the world, it relented and allowed it's cocoon to sparkle once again.
- Delving Reward Changes:
- Delving Selectable Crafting Boxes that drop at tier 7 and above can now be disenchanted instead for 20 Delvings Writs. These boxes now have a six hour expiration timer on them. These changes do not affect existing Crafting Boxes.
- Changed how many writs completing Delving quests give. Tier 1-3 now give 10 writs, Tier 4-6 give 20 writs, Tier 7-9 give 30 writs and Tier 10-12 give 40 writs.
- Two new cosmetic pets added to Delving Barter.
- Delving armour will now be disenchantable for more Delving Writs. Common armour will disenchant for 10 writs, rare armour will disenchant for 20 writs, incomparable armour for 30 writs.
- Added Tier 1 and Tier 2 Essence Boxes to the Delving Barter for Writs, and removed Tier 0.
- Added Morale and Power Potions to the Delving Barter for Writs. Morale and Power potions also drop as rewards from high tier instance Delving Chests.
- Delving Mission Givers in Skirmish Camps now give Weekly Delving Quests.
- Mission - Defilers in the Dale - Corrected a visual bug where the cauldron's contents and bubbles could become visibly offset after being destroyed.
- Rewards that drop from Delvings have been updated with new Delving-specific icons.
- We have adjusted the distribution of Infamy/Renown while grouped. In the past, there was a modifier that increased the value of player kills when more than 6 kill contributors were involved. This resulted in the value of a single kill, while in a raid, to be valued over 2x what the kill should have been worth.
- We have adjusted this modifier to make these values - in the absence of any other modifiers - equivalent to equal distribution of the infamy value of the kill.
- We have adjusted the bonus modifier to infamy/renown gains when killing ranked players. This change rewards a higher contribution bonus for killing players of a higher rank.
- The War-spoils Carry-all icons have been updated and no longer display a bottle of liquid
- Lootboxes found by monster players now always drop 3 items from three specific tables:
- Table 1 includes potions, barter lockboxes, and the potential for 500 commendations with weighting toward the barter box, and then equivalent draws for the remaining items.
- Table 2 includes an equal chance for random perk items from a pool of 5 items.
- The 3rd table has an equal chance to drop a single Audacity upgrade scroll, 2 Audacity upgrade scrolls, Lord's Symbols, Captain's Marks, 1k Commendations, 1.5k Commendations or a new Cosmetic Selection Box.
- The Cosmetic Selection Box contains 2 new skins for each class. Previews are available on NPCs present near the Gramsfoot retreat circle.
- The Selection Box also contains several new cosmetic weapons: Thrâng's Sword, a silvered scimitar, a spider-clan trident, an off-hand Gundabad mace, a Spider-clan staff, an Easterling Ghost Bow, and a new Dunharrow Shield.
- The Box also contains a new cosmetic type that can be slotted into appearance Corruptions to change the style of your 'March!' skill emitted effects. These include: a white glow, fire trail, acid trail, and a "blue-foot" trail.
- The eggs around Grodris in the Isendeep Mine will now hatch if disturbed during the battle against the matron.
- Fixed an issue with the first and second marshal rewards not providing keys to the chest. The quests for First and Second marshal now correctly reward the key to the chest.
- Tokens of Valour will now go into the War-spoils Carry-all.
- Updated the new Monster Play tutorial to reference using skills on training dummy Kelsen, Jalessa, or Light training-dummy Orion. If you choose the other training dummies you are locked in combat for the full duration of the spawn - which is five minutes. This is bad. Please use the safety dummies. Use those initial skill training dummy Kelsen, Jalessa, or Light training-dummy Orion.
- First Marshal An and Tyrant Uzulthrang are back in action and ready to rush Tol Ascarnen when the opposition is in control. The rewards on the quests to use these two is increased significantly. Each has also been buffed appropriately.
- All values and costs for Lainedhal's Insignias were reduced. You can now purchase the old versions for nostalgia, but the tier 15 version is available to all rank 1 players and better for 2000 commendations and has a 1m cooldown just as the monster player brand.
- The Rank 9 mount available in monster play now has a full +68% movement bonus because it should have been upgraded along with all other mounts that are this hard to get.
- We adjusted the damage done by Spider Hatchlings to be more in line with creatures that are level 140.
- There was a bug introduced when we lowered the cost of monster play potions where we did not lower the amount purchasable from the barter NPC. This has been corrected and now you can only purchase in stacks of three.
- Mazauk and Old Goldhead have been refreshed and stand ready to help you capture Lugazag or Tirith Rhaw.
- Old U21 gear was using old Audacity values. This has been reduced to 1.
- Freepside Ettenmoors quests now award considerably more IXP when completed.
- The Freepside weekly quest, 'Battle Across the Ettenmoors' now gives slightly improved rewards.
- Many monster player skill power costs have been adjusted. In particular, several healing skills cost substantially more power.
- The base critical heal multiplier for most Creepside heals has been reduced from 1.5 to 1.2.
- Increased damage of ranger session play skills.
- Orc Defiler
- Cooldowns reduced for Fertile Slime and Fungal Spores.
- Fungal Spores initial heal potency reduced.
- Enhanced Fungal Spores now rolls for a critical heal on each pulse, rather than following the critical outcome of the initial skill use.
- Fertile Slime no longer has an initial heal.
- Healing from Improved Blessing of Darkness now occurs every 1 second, rather than every 2 seconds.
- Constant Pain now pulses healing every 2 seconds, and will restore some power to the defiler when it does.
- Orc Reaver
- Blade Toss now only applies its slow and/or knockdown effects to targets facing away from you.
- Spider Weaver
- Several spider animations should no longer slow down when you gain attack speed buffs.
- Trapdoor Sanctuary now lasts 10 seconds; when traited, it will heal 5% of your max health each second.
- New Potions (of Bravery and Essence) are now correctly usable by the Free Peoples.
- Insignias now have a 3 minute cooldown and provide 15 seconds of combat state immunity (Tyrant Brands still have a 1 minute cooldown and only provide 5 seconds of immunity for now).
- Alwuld the Item Trader now carries the updated Morale and Power potions.
- Potions of Essence now correctly restore different amounts of Power, according to their quality and rank requirements.
Quests, Deeds and Instances
- Tier 4 of Gwathrenost, the Witch-king's Citadel is available.
- All slayer deeds in the Wells of Langflood, will now properly reward players with LOTRO Points.
- Gwathrenost, the Witch-king's Citadel - The final Objective of 'The Storming of Gwathrenost' now functions similarly to 'Into the Hiddenhoard, allowing the Player the choice of whether or not to abandon the quest after completing it. The option to complete the quest via the Quest Actions panel was causing some players to mistakenly erase their progress in a given reset cycle, so this has been removed.
- Azanulbizar - Quest: Death in the Dale - The quest guide for this quest has been corrected to highlight the proper area.
- Azanulbizar - Quest: Elusive Prey - The quest guide now properly highlights the general locations of all the Rare foes in Azanulbizar.
- Sagroth - The Sewer Water debuff that can be applied to players during the Gárvadach encounter now carries the resistance type "disease" instead of "corruption".
- Several fading or overlapping combat music bugs have been fixed in the Race of Man and hobbit tutorials, the Archet raid, and the Trouble at Tuckborough skirmish.
- The Allegiance panel can now be resized an additional horizontal distance.
- Certain Brawler Belt Buckles were appearing under the Lore-master class in searches in the Auction House. That has been fixed.
- Upgraded the compiler used to compile the 32 bit game client to make it compatible with upgraded OpenAL.
- Clydesdale mounts can now be used in Thorin's Hall and the Hall Under the Mountain
- The Assistant Stable-master at Elrond's Stables in Rivendell douses the horse less frequently.
- Facepaint rewards acquired from Hobnanigans now correctly shows on Human avatars.
- The Draught Horse cosmetic pets received in the Homesteads and Harvests Coffers have been renamed to "Miniature" Draught horses.
- Matching full size Draught horse cosmetic pet tomes have been granted (account-wide) to everyone that purchased the Homesteads and Harvests Coffers.
- The Homestead Steed mount scale has been increased to match the expected size of a draught horse. Many animation issues have been resolved for the Homestead Steed mount as well.
- Updated the icon for the Stoorvales/Clegur Milestone and for the Clegur travel skills.
- Several Run Speed buffs and debuffs were overwriting effects of greater potency. Player-applied Run Speed Effects should now only overwrite effects of the same kind (out of combat speed buff, in combat speed buff, or debuff) and the most potent effect should always be the one which is actively applied.
- In French and German the Tokens of Heroism may display as Tokens of Valour.
- The Stable-master panel in Collections has not been updated to include King's Gondor.
- The Deeds "Boar-slayer of Lower Lebennin" and "Boar-slayer of Lower Lebennin (Advanced)" are not bestowing/advancing properly.
submitted by lettered_hylobate
to lotro [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 21:00 The_Fallen_1 [THJVerse] Arcane Starfarers - ep 37 - Welcome committee
Daniel patted Corporal Seling’ten on the back as he took over the console on the bridge from him, preparing for the day ahead. He checked all the readouts and found that they were all roughly what he was expecting, so he settled down as Hannah'rah did the same next to him.
"Good morning, everyone," Captain Harris began, addressing the whole bridge. "Word has just gone out that all ground operations have concluded, and everyone and everything is safely up in orbit. We're just waiting for confirmation before we depart the system. Make sure you're all ready to jump."
The bridge chorused an affirmative, and Daniel quickly checked his sensors to find them no different to normal, before he looked over his shoulder to Milla, who was apprehensively taking her seat in her humanoid form. A few moments later, the neural interface built into her chair began to extend sensors and non-invasive probes around the back of her neck and the top of her head, and she closed her eyes as the system ran through the standard checks. After a couple of minutes had passed, she nodded to the Captain, confirming she was ready.
"Oprin, I suggest taking one of the spare seats at the back of the room. Passing through a portal can be disorienting the first few times," Captain Harris warned the Langan.
"Of course, thank you for the warning," Oprin replied, sitting down and staring at the planet on the screen.
"Captain, transmission from the Batlow," Lieutenant Commander Sentrela informed her. "Attention all ships, this is Vice Admiral Braun, we will be jumping in five minutes. Make sure preparations are complete by then,
" the comms announced.
“Signal our acknowledgement,” the Captain ordered. “Set the ship to jump alert.”
Daniel quickly glanced at the alert lighting as it suddenly lit up with a purple hue, and a single audial alert sounded, indicating the fore and aft compartments should be exited, and airtight doors sealed. The safety precautions were almost always irrelevant, but due to the increased strain on Gaters when jumping large ships, people were moved to the safest place on the ship in case of a failed jump, just in case the initial mana spike of the ship entering the portal disrupted the Gater, or they ended up flagging under the prolonged strain of the full length of the ship being transported.
“Affinity, perform standard jump checks,” Captain Harris instructed the VI.
“Affirmative, Captain,” Affinity replied. “Gater link established. Coordinates locked. All personnel are within safe boundaries. Mana levels are optimal. All systems report green. Final readiness is up to the Gater.”
“Ready,” Milla confirmed.
“Signal the fleet that we’re ready,” Captain Harris ordered.
Daniel looked at his sensors, reading the outputs to see if anything looked off with the other ships, but everything looked within normal parameters. He did notice a sudden spike of EM radiation from the direction of the planet’s moon for less than a second, but when he scrutinised it with other sensors, he found no signs of anything out of place, and a thorough scan with the gravitational sensors confirmed that there was nothing there. He logged the reading for it to be investigated at a later date in case the sensor was malfunctioning after being exposed to heightened radiation for a while, and then looked up as a series of mostly purple flashes appeared on the screens around him as the fleet prepared to jump.
He looked back at Milla as a faint purple portal opened within the ship’s shields, noticing the fierce level of concentration on her face. After a few moments, the ship began to slowly edge forwards, and Milla began to grit her teeth as the prow pierced through the portal, but the system didn’t send out any warnings of portal fluctuations, so the ship continued forwards. Before too long, the purple boundary reached the bridge, causing a flash in the back of Daniel’s eyes, and it carried on to the rear of the ship. He focussed back on Milla to find that she was hyperventilating, and the instant the all clear signal was sounded, she slumped backwards in her chair as the strain lifted off her mind suddenly.
Daniel immediately got out of his chair and ran over to Milla, catching her before she fell out of her chair and alerting everyone around them that something wasn’t right. Captain Harris immediately turned her attention to them, cutting herself off part way through confirming their location. He quickly checked Milla’s pulse and breathing, confirming that she wasn’t in a serious condition. With the Captain’s help, he lowered her down onto the floor, and a medical team rushed onto the bridge, seemingly alerted by another member on the bridge. They performed a few checks of their own, shifted Milla onto a stretcher, and rushed her off to the infirmary.
“Report to the fleet that our jump was successful, but our Gater was incapacitated,” Captain Harris ordered, breaking the silence of the bridge as Daniel returned to his seat.
“Copy that, Captain. Two freighters are reporting the same situation,” Lieutenant Commander Sentrela replied. “Apparently the spike of radiation hitting the spell-based radiation shields once the last tech-based shield emitter passed through was too much for them to bear, and the strain rendered them unconscious.”
“That matches what I’m seeing in the jump data,” Commander Santlen’coln told the Captain.
“Alright, there’s not a lot we can do about that now, and Milla is being taken care of, so we should proceed with the task at hand,” Captain Harris told everyone, turning her attention to the rocky planet nearby, which was covered in large bodies of water and had a noticeable Earth-like atmosphere. “Follow the fleet to the station-”
“Captain, I’m detecting multiple portals opening up nearby,” Daniel warned her as he noticed the sensor spikes. “All but one are Navy transponders…. Captain, it’s The Providence.”
“... Deities…” Captain Harris mumbled.
“... Captain, we’re receiving a transmission from The Providence,” Lieutenant Commander Sentrela warned her. “It seems to be different from the one the rest of the fleet is receiving.”
“Let’s hear it,” she replied. “Greetings, crew of the Trailmaker, this is Celenamartra speaking, though I am not the only Deity present,”
the comms announced as the feed of a gigantic green Dragon appeared on the main screen, adorned with a moderate amount of gold jewellery as she sat upon a padded cushion. “Firstly, I’d like to congratulate you on your successful mission. Rescuing another species from extinction is no small feat, even without any major hiccups along the way.”
“You honour us, Goddess,” Captain Harris replied, bowing her head. “Secondly, I’d like to request permission to come aboard.”
“O- of course!” Captain Harris agreed, locking up firmly. “Thank you, Captain Harris. You are clear to enter our perimeter for docking,”
Celenamartra informed her, cutting the comms.
“... Lieutenant Commander Skrnumm, take us in.”
“... Aye, Captain,” the Dwarf replied, slowly piloting the ship towards the four kilometre long ivory and gold ship, as much a work of art as it was a functional transport.
“Lieutenant Commander Sentrela, what were the other ships told?” Captain Harris asked.
“They were thanked and instructed to head to the station,” Lieutenant Commander Sentrela explained.
“Right. Let’s see what happens. Prepare the guard of honour.”
Daniel stood next to Hannah’rah near the end of the assembled guard of honour, facing straight forwards and listening out for the faint clunk of the airlock doors opening, and catching the sight of a silver Dragon with an artificial wing boarding the ship in a smaller form, followed by what was obviously Celenamartra behind them, with another silver Dragon following up the rear. The procession stopped shortly after boarding the ship, as the Goddess and the Captain exchanged words outside of Daniel’s earshot, and it then resumed, proceeding onwards until the Goddess stopped right in front of Daniel.
“Daniel Hardbrooks, Hannah’rah, please follow me,” Celenamartra requested, her voice soft but with an underlying tone that made them both eager to comply.
Hannah’rah stepped forward without a second thought, but Daniel blinked in disbelief, before suddenly coming to his senses and falling in next to Hannah’rah behind the Goddess. They continued on, quickly reaching the end of the guard of honour, but continuing on deeper into the ship.
“Left here,” Celenamartra instructed her forward guard, turning the group around a corner. “Ok, no need to keep it as formal anymore, and there aren’t any dangers on this ship.”
The guards turned into their humanoid forms and headed to the back of the group without a word.
“Hannah’rah, it’s been a few years, how are you doing?” the Goddess asked.
“I’m doing fine, thank you. I’m sure you already know all the details though,” Hannah’rah replied. “How are you doing?”
“I am doing well as well, thank you. I even managed to lug my main body out here,” the Goddess chuckled.
“... What…?” Captain Harris almost inaudibly mumbled.
“My Mother works for her Champion, so I spent a lot of time around the Goddess as I grew up,” Hannah’rah quickly explained.
“That you did,” Celenamartra confirmed, heading towards the next corner and poking her head around. “Oprin Asten, how nice it is to finally meet one of your kind in person.”
There was a sharp yelp from around the corner as Oprin realised she had been found out, and she slowly appeared from around the corner. “Sorry if it seemed like I was hiding.”
“It’s fine, you were just curious but nervous, I understand,” the Goddess assured her as the group began to walk again. “I’m Celenamartra, and yes, I am a Deity, though not as how you would describe one, am I right?”
“... I don’t think so. To us, a Deity is something fundamental to life, like our star, water, air, and soil.”
“I see. And by our definitions, a Deity is a being with the ability to permanently alter the laws of reality, and does not conform to the normal standards of mortality. For example, this body is little more than a puppet, as my true self doesn’t exist in the material world, nor does it really exist anywhere in particular, it just does. This is my original body though, so while it is effectively little more than a puppet, it is special to me.”
“Original body?” Oprin asked.
“I was once mortal myself, uncountable numbers of millennia ago, long before even the Dwarves first worked metal. This body is the one I was born with, and I’ve kept it alive, even after my ascension. I must apologise for cutting our conversation short, as there is something I must do now, but I promise we can talk more after. Follow me if you wish.”
“That’s ok, thank you for your time,” Oprin replied, glancing at Daniel as she joined him.
The Goddess led the group further into the ship, quickly arriving at the infirmary, and her two guards took their positions either side of the door. One of them flagged Captain Harris and Oprin to wait outside, while the other waved Daniel and Hannah’rah through behind the Goddess. Once inside, all the medical staff quickly stopped what they were doing and stared at the new arrivals.
“Thank you, everyone, for all your hard work. I ask for some privacy with the patient, if that is not disruptive?” Celenamartra requested.
“Of course, Great Keeper of the Forest,” Dr Leresan replied, bowing before her and making Daniel remember that despite being a Dragon, she was strongly associated with nature and life.
Daniel was unsure of what to do now though, as formality made him want to leave the room with the medical staff, but all other signs indicated that he should remain here with the Goddess. He looked up at the Dragon, finding her staring at him, as if expecting an answer.
“Thank you for saving the life of my Granddaughter, Daniel,” the Goddess repeated. "The incident with the Ridgerider would have turned out much worse if you and the Marines didn't board that ship and save everyone."
"Oh, you're welcome. It was just a part of my duty," he replied.
"That may be, but you saved her when I could not interfere, and I am truly grateful. If there is anything I can do for you, let me know," she offered.
"Thanks, but that's not necessary," he replied, wondering if being polite just cost him an amazing opportunity.
"Take your time to think and let me know if you change your mind," she replied, walking over to the side of the bed Milla was resting on.
"Is she going to be ok?" Hannah'rah asked.
"Yes, she's just in a very light coma from the strain and shock on her system. She'll wake naturally in a few hours, but the delay isn't necessary," Celenamartra explained, smiling as Milla's eyes slowly opened. "Don't get up too quickly. You need to rest."
"... Nan?" Milla asked. "... What are you doing here?"
"Originally the plan was to officially welcome the Langan, but when you had your incident, I decided to visit you first instead."
"A high strain portal incident. You got the Trailmaker safely back in UPC space, so everything is fine now. Just rest."
"Ok…. Where's everyone else?"
"They weren't able to attend at such a short notice for various reasons, nor were they aware this might happen. Your friends, Daniel and Hannah'rah, are both here though," the Goddess pointed out, directing Milla's attention to them as she assumed her humanoid form.
“Hey, you two. I hope I didn’t scare you,” Milla told them as she sat up.
“Not too badly,” Hannah’rah lied, sitting down in a chair next to her bed.
submitted by The_Fallen_1
to HFY [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 20:57 JosefStalinPants Sailor Bard
I've played DnD a few times before but it's been a while and I'm trying to create a character that is a Bard with a Sailor background who uses Sea Shanties to cast his magic and was just looking on advice for this particular build (mostly filling out the character sheet as it's been a while since I last created a character). I'm looking to be a Hill Dwarf who set to sea after a traumatic event back home who was able to inspire his crew through his singing of shanties. I've got my stats, saving throws, equipment, features & traits, and other proficiencies filled out already but I'm at a halt with how many skills I should have since I can't find a straight answer online and I'm also having a hard time figuring out how I would actually cast spells through singing as a bard. Anything helps! edit: making the character at level 1 to hopefully use in a campaign.
submitted by JosefStalinPants
to AskDND [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 20:49 InferiorFragment Mother refuses to follow doctor's orders
I recently got stitches in my back due to melanoma testing. Before I went into surgery, I was worried because I knew I would be fully dependent on my NM to take care of the wound.
The surgeon and nurse very clearly told me not to dab the surtures, nor wash them with soap. They advised me to keep the surtures dry and covered until they're removed, and to gently rinse the area once a day.
My NM refuses to follow the care instructions, insisting that she knows best and that "doctors are just practicing medicine". She dabs the wound with soapy water and makes me air it out for a while instead of immediately putting on a new bandage once it's dry. She won't even wash her hands before replacing the bandage, after doing literal garden work (she applied the bandage next to a sink, with the antibacterial soap right in front of her. She just refused to do it to prove a point or something).
When I tried to correct her today, and asked her to please follow the doctor's orders, she lectured and yelled at me, telling me that I'm being a paranoid control freak and to figure it out myself if I know better.
The thing is, I know not to trust her for these things, but due to the placement, I literally can't do it myself... Am I really being paranoid like she said, or is she putting me at risk of infection? I'm assuming the doctors didn't tell me what NOT to do for no reason. Washing your hands before handling a surgical wound also seems self-explanatory to me...
submitted by InferiorFragment
to raisedbynarcissists [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 20:48 iwanttodie95 Your photo is missing. Sorry.
Every year at our high school, the Video Productions class will put together an entire video, called the Senior Video, of the current senior class and their best moments from now all the way back to elementary, along with a few student and teacher interviews to stop the thing from turning into a massive slide show.
This thing is supposed to be thirty minutes long, and the Video Productions class is supposed to take the entire school year to make it. Due to some unfortunate teacher-switching and lazy students, it wasn't done. So I was called upon, with less than a month until swingout, to finish from an empty timeline and no student pictures or videos.
Let's meet our villain. Let's call him Andrew. Andrew is one of those people who try and actively make your life a living hell for no other reason than it being funny.
He would point me out of a crowd and call me short. Imagine: "Hey, see that guy over there? He's a senior, and he's as tall as a freshman!" Which- to be fair, I was the fourth shortest senior out of our graduating class, and I did find it funny when my friends made jokes about my height... but Andrew was malicious. He would joke with his entire friend group about my height, call me a dwarf, ect...
One thing he would do was try and make me angry. And then, he would ask why I was angry, and gaslight me into thinking I was overreacting.
A specific example that comes to mind is when I called a rubber band a 'drive shaft' off-handedly because I was describing to my friend how my project car would move forwards by winding a rubber band. Andrew overheard me, and actively bitched me out, telling me that I was wrong and stupid for ten minutes straight. Imagine if I was looking down at my desk, working on a worksheet, and Andrew was in the seat next to me leaning over and criticizing my incorrect use of the word Rubber Band.
Of course, when I finally got angry, "Can you leave me alone, dude?" He then proceeded to say, "All I was doing was pointing out your mistake? Why are you over-reacting?" Andrew would also go to his friends and tell them all about how I have a short fuse, (hahah) and was overreacting.
Remember the Senior Video?
The teacher (who knew nothing about editing, don't even know why she was the teacher) wanted to put in a slideshow at the very end of every single senior, along with their names. Pain in the ass to do, but okay. Oh, wait. I'm the only editor on this project. I see Andrew's name, along with his senior photo. What would happen if I...
Did a little trolling?
I delete his name, along with his senior photo, from the entire school's senior repository. Not from like- the system so he doesn't graduate or anything. From a folder that the yearbook classes use. No more Andrew for the senior video, yearbook, wall-banners, ect... Of course, all of those things minus the senior video were already printed, so it wasn't actually that bad, but... now I had plausible deniability. I didn't put Andrew's name in the video, because I didn't see him in the repository!
Senior video gets exported, (albeit ten minutes shorter than it's supposed to be,) everybody watches it during swingout, and Andrew is left confused. He had to watch all of his friends and classmates scroll by the screen without him. He comes up to me afterwards and asks: "Hey? Why wasn't I in the senior video?"
"Sorry, man. I didn't see you in the list." I think he knew something was up. But I'm graduated now, so... sucks to suck, man. Plus, it's such a small thing that I removed him from that nobody would really care. It's just petty.
TLDR: Bully is a bully, I delete his name from the school's master repository, and he isn't featured in the senior video.
submitted by iwanttodie95
to pettyrevenge [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 20:45 transcribersofreddit CuratedTumblr Image "[Dwarf Fortress] Dwarf games"
2023.05.30 20:41 TotemGenitor [Dwarf Fortress] Dwarf games
2023.05.30 20:38 aleonia My brother (18M) won't clean our bathroom - what can I (21F) do?
Me and my brother share a small bathroom in our house. We've lived here for 3 years and the first year my mom kept it clean but after a while she said it's our responsibility which is very valid. Since then me and my brother decided on which task would go to who. I do pretty much everything; I vaccuum & clean the shower, the floor, the sink, and the mirror. My brother cleans the toilet. I don't mind cleaning so this distribution is fine for me.
We wanted to clean weekly at first but we both have very irregular school/work schedules so we don't have a standard cleaning day, which is fine for me. However over the past few months my brother just refuses to clean anything. When I comment on it he either gets defensive and refuses to do it or doesn't clean it well enough so I have to do it anyway. Now it has come to a point where whenever I decide to clean everything (including his bit), he immediately makes it dirty. I clean the sink and he leaves all his tiny beard-hairs on it, I clean the shower and he leaves soap on the glass door, I clean the floor and he throws old towels and other things on it. I'll spare the details about the toilet for everyone's sanity, but I think you can imagine something with a boy fresh out of puberty.
I tried everything - being nice, being angry, taking photos, texting, calling, stopping him before he gets to his room, he just doesn't care. My parents won't do anything either, since they don't use this bathroom and I quote: "you're the only one who's affected by it so it doesn't bother us". They think he's too old to be given a punishment. I suggested telling him he can't use the bathroom anymore, but they said he will do it anyway and they're probably right. They won't let me use their bathroom either because I "don't clean enough".
I don't know what to do anymore. It's so upsetting because when my friends come over I feel ashamed for how gross it is, and I myself also hate using this bathroom. I find it so weird as well because he's way too old to be acting like this... right???
How can I make him clean up after himself? Any suggestions are welcome (even ones like locking the door from the outside if that's possible - I'm genuinely considering it).
TLDR; brother makes our bathroom disgusting and barely usable and refuses to clean it. How can I make him do his part?
submitted by aleonia
to relationship_advice [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 20:34 The-God-Of-Memez A character analysis of the slayer that may be accurate.
The Slayer is not some badass god of death and heavy metal but a shattered husk of a husband and father (if you look under the slayers desk in the fortress of doom you can find a picture of a man woman and child, half of the photo has been ripped of completely hiding the mans face) with an obsession to get rid of anything demon related even if that makes problems a smidge worse (destroying argent energy that was being used to power earth, shattering the “fathers” life sphere to and cripple the Makyrs, etc) the slayer chooses to forfeit his own happiness again and again just to continue his war with hell and what’s depressing is his worst enemy is the same way, a man choosing to continue needless bloodshed because he believe he is doing right by his people, and it’s depressing to watch them fight each other because neither Davoth or the Slayer are bad people, they are both just broken husk of once kind and compassionate people who wanted to protect their loved ones, but it’s their rage that locked them in a never ending cycle of pain
submitted by The-God-Of-Memez
to Doom [link] [comments]