Lancaster police sketch vs real person
Wolf (1994) - an overlooked movie from years ago that has one hell of a great final battle
2023.05.28 14:55 Responsible-Dish-977 Wolf (1994) - an overlooked movie from years ago that has one hell of a great final battle
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: "the only thing that can defeat a monster is an even bigger monster
No movie does that line more justice than Wolf (1994)
Jack Nicholson, the protagonist, who is cursed with Lycanthropy, is a good man at heart, who is prepared to suppress his natural instincts & transformations with the use of a talisman.
Unfortunately, his former protege, James Spader, is not only another person with Lycanthropy, but he also happens to be a full blown psychopathic monster.
We already know up to the climax how dangerous Spader's character is, having brutally raped and ripped apart a woman who was his own lover.
Then comes this climactic scene. Poor old Jack is trying his hardest to suppress transforming, barring himself in a cage with his talisman firmly on, and the love of his life (Michelle Pfeiffer) watching over him.
Then Spader gatecrashes the party, in full werewolf form, and makes it perfectly clear exactly what he intends to do to Michelle Pfeiffer (and I think you can figure out for yourself what that is).
As he begins to savagely torment Pfeiffer, Nicholson has finally had enough, and removes the talisman that suppresses his powers. As Spader foolishly attempts to attack Pfeiffer, completely ignorant to Nicholson, Nicholson rapidly undergoes a transformation into a werewolf much nastier and more vicious than Spader's.
And he does not hesitate, within moments of transforming, to show the monstrous Spader who the real alpha of the pack is. Monster vs monster. Old lion against young lion. Only this time, young lion is no match against old lion, and soon the scary monster is reduced into a helpless pathetic coward. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjXXLcbVzeE
submitted by Responsible-Dish-977
to horror [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 14:31 AnderLouis_ Hail and Farewell (George Moore) - Book 3: Vale, Chapter 11.2
PODCAST: https://ayearofwarandpeace.podbean.com/e/ep1572-hail-and-farewell-george-moore-vale-chapter-112/ PROMPTS:
George does not care about you, whatsoever. Today's Reading, via Project Gutenberg:
Borde could not enlighten him on that point, and I suggested that he should make application to the publisher of his Prayer-Book and get his money back. There is nobody. I said, like him. He is more wonderful than anything in literature. I prefer him to Sancho who was untroubled with a conscience and never thought of running to the Bishop of Toledo. All the same he is not without the shrewdness of his ancestors, and got the better of Archbishop Walsh, and for the last five years Vincent O'Brien has been beating time, and will beat it till the end of his life; and he will be succeeded by others, for Edward has, by deed, saved the Italian contrapuntalists till time everlasting from competition with modern composers. He certainly has gotten the better of Walsh. And I thought of a picture-gallery in Dublin with nothing in it but Botticelli and his school, and myself declaring that all painting that had been done since had no interest for me.... A smile began to spread over my face, for the story that was coming into my mind seemed oh! so humorous, so like Ireland, so like Edward, that I began to tell myself again the delightful story of the unrefined ears that, weary of erudite music, had left the cathedral and sought instinctively modern tunes and women's voices, and as these were to be found in Westland Row the church was soon overflowing with a happy congregation. But in a little while the collections grew scantier. This time it couldn't be Palestrina, and all kinds of reasons were adduced. At last the truth could no longer be denied—the professional Catholics of Merrion Square had been driven out of Westland Row by the searching smells of dirty clothes, and had gone away to the University Church in Stephen's Green. So if it weren't Palestrina directly it was Palestrina indirectly, and the brows of the priests began to knit when Edward Martyn's name was mentioned. Them fal-de-dals is well enough on the Continent, in Paris, where there is no faith, was the opinion of an important ecclesiastic. But we don't want them here, murmured a second ecclesiastic. All this counterpoint may make a very pretty background for Mr Martyn's prayers, but what about the poor people's? Good composer or bad composer, there is no congregation in him, said a third. There's too much congregation, put in the first, but not the kind we want! The second ecclesiastic took snuff, and the group were of opinion that steps should be taken to persuade dear Edward to make good their losses. The priests in Marlborough Street sympathised with the priests of Westland Row, and told them that they were so heavily out of pocket that Mr Martyn had agreed to do something for them. It seemed to the Westland Row priests that if Mr Martyn were making good the losses of the priests of the pro-Cathedral, he should make good their losses. It was natural that they should think so, and to acquit himself of all responsibility Edward no doubt consulted the best theologians on the subject, and I think that they assured him that he is not responsible for indirect losses. If he were, his whole fortune would not suffice. He was, of course, very sorry if a sudden influx of poor people had caused a falling-off in the collections of Westland Row, for he knew that the priests needed the money very much to pay for the new decorations, and to help them he wrote an article in the Independent
praising the new blue ceiling, which seemed, so he wrote, a worthy canopy for the soaring strains of Palestrina.
Unfortunately rubbing salt into the wound, I said. A story that will amuse Dujardin and it will be great fun telling him in the shady garden at Fontainebleau how Edward, anxious to do something for his church, had succeeded in emptying two. All the way down the alleys he will wonder how Edward could have ever looked upon Palestrina's masses as religious music. The only music he will say, in which religious emotion transpires is plain-chant. Huysmans says that the Tantum Ergo
or the Dies Irae
, one or the other, reminds him of a soul being dragged out of purgatory, and it is possible that it does; but a plain-chant tune arranged in eight-part counterpoint cannot remind one of anything very terrible. Dujardin knows that Palestrina was a priest, and he will say: That fact deceived your friend, just as the fact of finding the Adeste Fideles
among the plain-chant tunes deceived him. For of course I shall tell Dujardin that story too. It is too good to be missed. He is wonderful, Dujardin! I shall cry out in one of the sinuous alleys. There never was anybody like him! And I will tell him more soul-revealing anecdotes. I will say: Dujardin, listen. One evening he contended that the great duet at the end of Siegfried
reminded him of mass by Palestrina. Dujardin will laugh, and, excited by his laughter, I will try to explain to him that what Edward sees is that Palestrina took a plain chant tune and gave fragments of it to the different voices, and in his mind these become confused with the motives of The Ring
. You see, Dujardin, the essential always escapes him—the intention of the writer is hidden from him. I am beginning to understand your friend. He has, let us suppose, a musical ear that allows him to take pleasure in the music; but a musical ear will not help him to follow Wagner's idea—how, in a transport of sexual emotion, a young man and a young woman on a mountain-side awaken to the beauty of the life of the world. Dujardin's appreciations will provoke me, and I will say: Dujardin, you shouldn't be so appreciative. If I were telling you of a play I had written, it would be delightful to watch my idea dawning upon your consciousness; but I am telling you of a real man, and one that I shall never to able to get into literature. He will answer: We invent nothing; we can but perceive. And then, exhilarated, carried beyond myself, I will say: Dujardin, I will tell you something still more wonderful than the last gaffe. II gaffe dans les Quat'z Arts
. He admires Ibsen, but you'd never guess the reason why—because he is very like Racine; both of them, he says, are classical writers. And do you know how he arrived at that point? Because nobody is killed on the stage in Racine or in Ibsen. He does not see that the intention of Racine is to represent men and women out of time and out of space, unconditioned by environment, and that the very first principle of Ibsen's art is the relation of his characters to their environment. In many passages he merely dramatises Darwin. There never was anybody so interesting as dear Edward, and there never will be anybody like him in literature ... I will explain why presently, but I must first tell you another anecdote. I went to see him one night, and he told me that the theme of the play he was writing was a man who had married a woman because he had lost faith in himself; the man did not know, however, that the woman had married him for the same reason, and the two of them were thinking—I have forgotten what they were thinking, but I remember Edward saying: I should like to suggest hopelessness. I urged many phrases, but he said: It isn't a phrase I want, but an actual thing. I was thinking of a broken anchor—that surely is a symbol of hopelessness. Yes, I said, no doubt, but how are you going to get a broken anchor into a drawing-room? I don't write about drawing-rooms. Well, living-rooms. It isn't likely that they would buy a broken anchor and put it up by the coal-scuttle.
There's that against it, he answered. If you could suggest anything better—What do you think of a library in which there is nothing but unacted plays? The characters could say, when there was nothing for them to do on the stage, that they were going to the library to read, and the library would have the advantage of reminding everybody of the garret in the Wild Duck
. A very cruel answer, my friend, Dujardin will say, and I will tell him that I can't help seeing in Edward something beyond Shakespeare or Balzac. Now, tell me, which of these anecdotes I have told you is the most humorous? He will not answer my question, but a certain thoughtfulness will begin to settle in his face, and he will say: Everything with him is accidental, and when his memory fails him he falls into another mistake, and he amuses you because it is impossible for you to anticipate his next mistake. You know there is going to be one; there must be one, for he sees things separately rather than relatively. I am beginning to understand your friend.
You are, you are; you are doing splendidly. But you haven't told me, Dujardin, which anecdote you prefer. Stay, there is another one. Perhaps this one will help you to a still better understanding. When he brought The Heather Field
and Yeats's play The Countess Cathleen
to Dublin for performance, a great trouble of conscience awakened suddenly in him, and a few days before the performance he went to a theologian to ask him if The Countess Cathleen
were a heretical work, and, if it were would Almighty God hold him responsible for the performance? But he couldn't withdraw Yeats's play without withdrawing his own, and it appears that he breathed a sigh of relief when a common friend referred the whole matter to two other theologians, and as these gave their consent Edward allowed the plays to go on; but Cardinal Logue intervened, and wrote a letter to the papers to say that the play seemed to him unfit for Catholic ears, and Edward would have withdrawn the plays if the Cardinal hadn't admitted in his letter that he had judged the play by certain extracts only.
He wishes to act rightly, but has little faith in himself; and what makes him so amusing is that he needs advice in aesthetics as well as in morals. We are, I said, Dujardin, at the roots of conscience. And I began to ponder the question what would happen to Edward if we lived in a world in which aesthetics ruled: I should be where Bishop Healy is, and he would be a thin, small voice crying in the wilderness—an amusing subject of meditation, from which I awoke suddenly.
I wonder how Dujardin is getting on with his Biblical studies? Last year he was calling into question the authorship of the Romans—a most eccentric view; and, remembering how weakly I had answered him, I took the Bible from the table and began to read the Epistle with a view to furnishing myself with arguments wherewith to confute him. My Bible opened at the ninth chapter, and I said: Why, here is the authority for the Countess Cathleen's sacrifice which Edward's theologian deemed untheological. It will be great fun to poke Edward up with St Paul, and on my way to Lincoln Place I thought how I might lead the conversation to The Countess Cathleen
A few minutes afterwards a light appeared on the staircase and the door slowly opened.
Come in, Siegfried, though you were off the key.
Well, my dear friend, it is a difficult matter to whistle above two trams passing simultaneously and six people jabbering round a public-house, to say nothing of a jarvey or two, and you perhaps dozing in your armchair, as your habit often is. You won't open to anything else except a motive from The Ring
; and I stumbled up the stairs in front of Edward, who followed with a candle.
Wait a moment; let me go first and I'll turn up the gas.
You aren't sitting in the dark, are you?
No, but I read better by candle-light, and he blew out the candles in the tin candelabrum that he had made for himself. He is original even in his candelabrum; no one before him had ever thought of a caridelabrum in tin, and I fell to admiring his appearance more carefully than perhaps I had ever done before, so monumental did he seem lying on the little sofa sheltered from daughts by a screen, a shawl about his shoulders. His churchwarden was drawing famously, and I noticed his great square hands with strong fingers and square nails pared closely away, and as heretofore I admired the curve of the great belly, the thickness of the thighs, the length and breadth and the width of his foot hanging over the edge of the sofa, the apoplectic neck falling into great rolls of flesh, the humid eyes, the skull covered with short stubbly hair. I looked round the rooms and they seemed part of himself: the old green wallpaper on which he pins reproductions of the Italian masters. And I longed to peep once more into the bare bedroom into which he goes to fetch bottles of Apollinaris. Always original! Is there another man in this world whose income is two thousand a year, and who sleeps in a bare bedroom, without dressing-room, or bathroom, or servant in the house to brush his clothes, and who has to go to the baker's for his breakfast?
We had been talking for some time of the Gaelic League, and from Hyde it was easy to pass to Yeats and his plays.
His best play is The Countess Cathleen
. The Countess Cathleen
is only a sketch.
But what I never could understand, Edward, was why you and the Cardinal could have had any doubts as to the orthodoxy of The Countess Cathleen
What, a woman that sells her own soul in order to save the souls of others!
I suppose your theologian objected—
Of course he objected.
He cannot have read St Paul.
What do you mean?
He can't have read St Paul, or else he is prepared to throw over St Paul. Mon ami Moore, mon ami Moore
The supernatural idealism of a man who would sell his soul to save the souls of others fills me with awe.
But it wasn't a man; it was the Countess Cathleen, and women are never idealists.
Not the saints?
His face grew solemn at once.
If you give me the Epistles I will read the passage to you. And it was great fun to go to the bookshelves and read: I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost, that I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart. For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh.
Edward's face grew more and more solemn, and I wondered of what he was thinking.
Paul is a very difficult and a very obscure writer, and I think the Church is quite right not to encourage the reading of the Epistles, especially without comments.
Then you do think there is something in the passage I have read?
After looking down his dignified nose for a long time, he said:
Of course, the Church has an explanation. All the same, it's very odd that St Paul should have said such a thing—very odd.
There is no doubt that I owe a great deal of my happiness to Edward; all my life long he has been exquisite entertainment. And I fell to thinking that Nature was very cruel to have led me, like Moses, within sight of the Promised Land. A story would be necessary to bring Edward into literature, and it would be impossible to devise an action of which he should be a part. The sex of a woman is odious to him, and a man with two thousand a year does not rob nor steal, and he is so uninterested in his fellow-men that he has never an ill word to say about anybody. John Eglinton is a little thing; AE is a soul that few will understand; but Edward is universal—more universal than Yeats, than myself, than any of us, but for lack of a story I shall not be able to give him the immortality in literature which he seeks in sacraments. Shakespeare always took his stories from some other people. Turgenev's portrait of him would be thin, poor, and evasive, and Balzac would give us the portrait of a mere fool. And Edward is not a fool. As I understand him he is a temperament without a rudder; all he has to rely upon is his memory, which isn't a very good one, and so he tumbles from one mistake into another. My God! it is a terrible thing to happen to one, to understand a man better than he understands himself, and to be powerless to help him. If I had been able to undo his faith I should have raised him to the level of Sir Horace Plunkett, but he resisted me; and perhaps he did well, for he came into the world seeing things separately rather than relatively, and had to be a Catholic. He is a born Catholic, and I remembered one of his confessions—a partial confession, but a confession: If you had been brought up as strictly as I have been—I don't think he ever finished the sentence; he often leaves sentences unfinished, as if he fears to think things out. The end of the sentence should run: You would not dare to think independently. He thinks that his severe bringing-up has robbed him of something. But the prisoner ends by liking his prison-house, and on another occasion he said: If it hadn't been for the Church, I don't know what would have happened to me.
My thoughts stopped, and when I awoke I was thinking of Hughes. Perhaps the link between Hughes and Edward was Loughrea Cathedral. He had shown me a photograph of some saints modelled by Hughes. Hughes is away in Paris, I said, modelling saints for Loughrea Cathedral. The last time I saw him was at Walter Osborne's funeral, and Walter's death set me thinking of the woman I had lost, and little by little all she had told me about herself floated up in my mind like something that I had read. I had never seen her father nor the Putney villa in which she had been brought up, but she had made me familiar with both through her pleasant mode of conversation, which was never to describe anything, but just to talk about things, dropping phrases here and there, and the phrases she dropped were so well chosen that the comfort of the villa, its pompous meals and numerous servants, its gardens and greenhouses, with stables and coach-house just behind, are as well known to me as the house that I am living in, better known in a way, for I see it through the eyes of the imagination ... clearer eyes than the physical eyes.
It does not seem to me that any one was ever more conscious of whence she had come and of what she had been; she seemed to be able to see herself as a child again, and to describe her childhood with her brother (they were nearly the same age) in the villa and in the villa's garden. I seemed to see them always as two rather staid children who were being constantly dressed by diligent nurses and taken out for long drives in the family carriage. They did not like these drives and used to hide in the garden; but their governess was sent to fetch them, and they were brought back. Her father did not like to have the horses kept waiting, and one day as Stella stood with him in the passage, she saw her mother come out of her bedroom beautifully dressed. Her father whispered something in his wife's ear, and he followed her into her bedroom. Stella remembered how the door closed behind them. In my telling, the incident seems to lose some of its point, but in Stella's relation it seemed to put her father and his wife before me and so clearly that I could not help asking her what answer her father would make were she to tell him that she had a lover. A smile hovered in her grave face. He would look embarrassed, she said, and wonder why I should have told him such a thing, and then I think he would go to the greenhouse, and when he returned he would talk to me about something quite different. I don't think that Stella ever told me about the people that came to their house, but people must have come to it, and as an example of how a few words can convey an environment I will quote her: I always wanted to talk about Rossetti, she said, and these seven words seem to me to tell better than any description the life of a girl living with a formal father in a Putney villa, longing for something, not knowing exactly what, and anxious to get away from home.... I think she told me she was eighteen or nineteen and had started painting before she met Florence at the house of one of her father's friends; a somewhat sore point this meeting was, for Florence was looked upon by Stella's father as something of a Bohemian. She was a painter, and knew all the Art classes and the fees that had to be paid, and led Stella into the world of studios and models and girl friends. She knew how to find studios and could plan out a journey abroad. Stella's imagination was captured, and even if her father had tried to offer opposition to her leaving home he could not have prevented her, for she was an heiress (her mother was dead and had left her a considerable income); but he did not try, and the two girls set up house together in Chelsea; they travelled in Italy and Spain; they had a cottage in the country; they painted pictures and exhibited their pictures in the same exhibitions; they gave dances in their studios and were attracted by this young man and the other; but Stella did not give herself to any one, because, as she admitted to me, she was afraid that a lover would interrupt the devotion which she intended to give to Art. But life is forever casting itself into new shapes and forms, and no sooner had she begun to express herself in Art than she met me. I was about to go to Ireland to preach a new gospel, and must have seemed a very impulsive and fantastic person to her, but were not impulsiveness and fantasy just the qualities that would appeal to her? And were not gravity and good sense the qualities that would appeal to me, determined as I was then to indulge myself in a little madness?
I could not have chosen a saner companion than Stella; my instinct had led me to her; but because one man's instinct is a little more clear than another's, it does not follow that he has called reason to his aid. It must be remembered always that the art of painting is as inveterate in me as the art of writing, and that I am never altogether myself when far away from the smell of oil paint. Stella could talk to one about painting, and all through that wonderful summer described in Salve
our talk flowed on as delightfully as a breeze in Maytime, and as irresponsible, flashing thoughts going by and avowals perfumed with memories. Only in her garden did conversation fail us, for in her garden Stella could think only of her flowers, and it seemed an indiscretion to follow her as she went through the twilight gathering dead blooms or freeing plants from noxious insects. But she would have had me follow her, and I think was always a little grieved that I wasn't as interested in her garden as I was in her painting; and my absent-mindedness when I followed her often vexed her and my mistakes distressed her.
You are interested, she said, only in what I say about flowers and not in the flowers themselves. You like to hear me tell about Miss —— whose business in life is to grow carnations, because you already see her, dimly, perhaps, but still you see her in a story. Forget her and look at this Miss Shifner!
Yes, it is beautiful, but we can only admire the flowers that we notice when we are children, I answered. Dahlias, china roses, red and yellow tulips, tawny wallflowers, purple pansies, are never long out of my thoughts, and all the wonderful varieties of the iris, the beautiful blue satin and the cream, some shining like porcelain, even the common iris that grows about the moat.
But there were carnations in your mother's garden?
Yes, and I remember seeing them being tied with bass. But what did you say yesterday about carnations? That they were the—
She laughed and would not tell me, and when the twilight stooped over the high trees and the bats flitted and the garden was silent except when a fish leaped, I begged her to come away to the wild growths that I loved better than the flowers.
But the mallow and willow-weed are the only two that you recognise. How many times have I told you the difference between self-heal and tufted vetch?
I like cow parsley and wild hyacinths and—
You have forgotten the name. As well speak of a woman that you loved but whose name you had forgotten.
Well, if I have, I love trees better than you do, Stella. You pass under a fir unstirred by the mystery of its branches, and I wonder at you, for I am a tree worshipper, even as my ancestors, and am moved as they were by the dizzy height of a great silver fir. You like to paint trees, and I should like to paint flowers if I could paint; there we are set forth, you and I.
I have told in Salve
that in Rathfarnham she found many motives for painting; the shape of the land and the spire above the straggling village appealed to me, but she was not altogether herself in these pictures. She would have liked the village away, for man and his dwellings did not form part of her conception of a landscape; large trees and a flight of clouds above the trees were her selection, and the almost unconscious life of kine wandering or sheep seeking the shelter of a tree.
Stella was a good walker, and we followed the long road leading from Rathfarnham up the hills, stopping to admire the long plain which we could see through the comely trees shooting out of the shelving hillside.
If I have beguiled you into a country where there are no artists and few men of letters, you can't say that I have not shown you comely trees. And now if you can walk two miles farther up this steep road I will show you a lovely prospect.
And I enjoyed her grave admiration of the old Queen Anne dwelling-house, its rough masonry, the yew hedges, the path along the hillside leading to the Druid altar and the coast-line sweeping in beautiful curves, but she did not like to hear me say that the drawing of the shore reminded her of Corot.
It is a sad affectation, she said, to speak of Nature reminding one of pictures.
Well, the outlines of Howth are beautiful, I answered, and the haze is incomparable. I should like to have spoken about a piece of sculpture, but for your sake, Stella, I refrain.
She was interested in things rather than ideas, and I remember her saying to me that things interest us only because we know that they are always slipping from us. A strange thing for a woman to say to her lover. She noticed all the changes of the seasons and loved them, and taught me to love them. She brought a lamb back from Rathfarnham, a poor forlorn thing that had run bleating so pitifully across the windy field that she had asked the shepherd where the ewe was, and he had answered that she had been killed overnight by a golf-ball. The lamb will be dead before morning, he added. And it was that March that the donkey produced a foal, a poor ragged thing that did not look as if it ever could be larger than a goat, but the donkey loved her foal.
Do you know the names of those two birds flying up and down the river?
They look to me like two large wrens with white waistcoats.
They are water-ouzels, she said.
The birds flew with rapid strokes of the wings, like kingfishers, alighting constantly on the river, on large mossy stones, and though we saw them plunge into the water, it was not to swim, but to run along the bottom in search of worms.
But do worms live under water?
The rooks were building, and a little while after a great scuffling was heard in one of the chimneys and a young jackdaw came down and soon became tamer than any bird I had ever seen, tamer than a parrot, and at the end of May the corncrake called from the meadow that summer had come again, and the kine wandered in deeper and deeper and deeper herbage. The days seemed never to end, and looking through the branches of the chestnut in which the fruit had not begun to show, we caught sight of a strange spectacle. Stella said, A lunar rainbow, and I wondered, never having heard of or seen such a thing before.
I shall never forget that rainbow, Stella, and am glad that we saw it together.
In every love story lovers reprove each other for lack of affection, and Stella had often sent me angry letters which caused me many heart-burnings and brought me out to her; in the garden there were reconciliations, we picked up the thread again, and the summer had passed before the reason of these quarrels became clear to me. One September evening Stella said she would accompany me to the gate, and we had not gone very far before I began to notice that she was quarrelling with me. She spoke of the loneliness of the Moat House, and I had answered that she had not been alone two evenings that week. She admitted my devotion. And if you admit that there has been no neglect—
She would not tell me, but there was something she was not satisfied with, and before we reached the end of the avenue she said, I don't think I can tell you. But on being pressed she said:
Well, you don't make love to me often enough.
And full of apologies I answered, Let me go back.
No, I can't have you back now, not after having spoken like that.
But she yielded to my invitation, and we returned to the house, and next morning I went back to Dublin a little dazed, a little shaken.
A few days after she went away to Italy to spend the winter and wrote me long letters, interesting me in herself, in the villagers, in the walks and the things that she saw in her walks, setting me sighing that she was away from me, or that I was not with her. And going to the window I would stand for a long time watching the hawthorns in their bleak wintry discontent, thinking how the sunlight fell into the Italian gardens, and caught the corner of the ruin she was sketching; and I let my fancy stray for a time unchecked. It would be wonderful to be in Italy with her, but—
I turned from the window suspicious, for there was a feeling at the back of my mind that with her return an anxiety would come into my life that I would willingly be without. She had told me she had refrained from a lover because she wished to keep all herself for her painting, and now she had taken to herself a lover. She was twenty years younger than I was, and at forty-six or thereabouts one begins to feel that one's time for love is over; one is consultant rather than practitioner. But it was impossible to dismiss the subject with a jest, and I found myself face to face with the question—If these twenty years were removed, would things be different? It seemed to me that the difficulty that had arisen would have been the same earlier in my life as it was now, and returning to the window I watched the hawthorns blowing under the cold grey Dublin sky.
The problem is set, I said, for the married, and every couple has to solve it in one way or another, but they have to solve it; they have to come to terms with love, especially the man, for whom it is a question of life and death. But how do they come to terms? And I thought of the different married people I knew. Which would be most likely to advise me—the man or the woman? It would be no use to seek advice; every case is different, I said. If anybody were to advise me it would be the man, for the problem is not so difficult for a woman. She can escape from love more easily than her lover or her husband; she can plead, and her many pleadings were considered, one by one, and how in married life the solution that seems to lovers so difficult is solved by marriage itself, by propinquity. But not always, not always. The question is one of extraordinary interest and importance; more marriages come to shipwreck, I am convinced, on this very question than upon any other. In the divorce cases published we read of incompatibility of temper and lack of mutual tastes, mere euphemisms that deceive nobody. The image of a shipwreck rose up in me naturally. She will return, and like a ship our love for each other will be beaten on these rocks and broken. We shall not be able to get out to sea. She will return, and when she returns her temperament will have to be adjusted to mine, else she will lose me altogether, for men have died of love, though Shakespeare says they haven't. Manet and Daudet—both died of love; and the somewhat absurd spectacle of a lover waiting for his mistress to return, and yet dreading her returning, was constantly before me.
It often seemed to me that it was my own weakness that created our embarrassment. A stronger man would have been able to find a way out, but I am not one that can shape and mould another according to my desire; and when she returned from Italy I found myself more helpless than ever, and I remember, and with shame, how, to avoid being alone with her, I would run down the entire length of a train, avoiding the empty carriages, crying Not here, not here! at last opening the door of one occupied by three or four people, who all looked as if they were bound for a long journey. I remember, too, how about this time I came with friends to see Stella, whether by accident or design, frankly I know not; I only know that I brought many friends to see her, thinking they would interest her.
If you don't care to come to see me without a chaperon, I would rather you didn't come at all, she said, humiliating me very deeply.
It seemed to me, I answered, blushing, that you would like to see ——, and I mentioned the name of the man who had accompanied me.
If I am cross sometimes it is because I don't see enough of you.
It seems to me that it was then that the resolve hardened in my heart to become her friend ... if she would allow me to become her friend. But in what words should I frame my request and my apology? All the time our life was becoming less amiable, until one evening I nipped the quarrel that was beginning, stopping suddenly at the end of the avenue.
It is better that we should understand each other. The plain truth is that I must cease to be your lover unless my life is to be sacrificed.
Cease to be my lover!
That is impossible, but a change comes into every love story.
The explanation stuttered on. I remember her saying: I don't wish you to sacrifice your life. I have forgotten the end of her sentence. She drew her hand suddenly across her eyes. I will conquer this obsession.
A man would have whined and cried and besought and worried his mistress out of her wits. Women behave better than we; only once did her feelings overcome her. She spoke to me of the deception that life is. Again we were standing by the gate at the end of the chestnut avenue, and I remembered her telling me how a few years ago life had seemed to hold out its hands to her; her painting and her youth created her enjoyment.
But now life seems to have shrivelled up, she said; only a little dust is left.
Nothing is changed, so far as you and I are concerned. We see each other just the same.
I am no more to you than any other woman.
She went away again to Italy to paint and returned to Ireland, and one day she came to see me, and remained talking for an hour. I have no memory of what we said to each other, but a very clear memory of our walk through Dublin over Carlisle Bridge and along the quays. I had accompanied her as far as the Phoenix Park gates, and at the corner of the Conyngham Road, just as I was bidding her goodbye, she said:
I want to ask your advice on a matter of importance to me.
And to me, for what is important to you is equally important to me.
I am thinking, she said, of being married.
At the news it seems to me that I was unduly elated and tried to assume the interest that a friend should.
submitted by AnderLouis_
to thehemingwaylist [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 14:31 BiasMushroom The Exterminators RELOADED! Episode 2
Part 2 of “The Exterminators RELOADED!”
A Fanfic of u/SpacePaladin15
’s work “The nature of Predators” Thank you for the story!
IMPORTANT NOTICE. I AM WRITING ABOUT 247 EPISODES OF THE EXTERMINATORS. ANY IDEAS WOULD BE GREATLY WELCOMED! AS DETAILED OR NOT AS YOU WANT, I WILL CREDIT YOU FOR ANY HELP GIVEN!
Memory transcription subject: Henry, Venlil Primary School Student
Sylvan’s dad gestured for us to get the show set up while he walked into the kitchen. I couldn’t bring myself to sit still as the sound of popcorn in the microwave bounced through the house. Sylvan threw himself next to me as the annoyingly long series of logos started to parade through the screen.
“C’mon Dad! It’s starting!” We both held our arms up and caught a bag of popcorn as Mr. Smith copied Sylvan and threw himself on the couch. As Sylvan started to juggle the burning hot bag I started to mockingly mimic him. “Oh shut up! You and your built-in oven mitts!”
I batted Sylvan in the face who didn’t hesitate to try and hold off my attacks by smooshing me down into the chair. We both stopped when the Deep heavy beat of the Exterminators RELOADED started to play. This time though the beat didn’t stop as the opening sequence ended. Instead it played dully in the background like we were hearing it through a wall.
Friotetzali stepped into the scene and sauntered his way through an alley. He stopped and looked at a poster hanging on the wall. It showed a picture of a carrot and tomato with forward facing eyes and silly little stick arms cowering in fear of a ravenous looking Venlil. Plastered above it was the episode's title! “THE HERBIVOROUS BEASTS FROM BEYOND THE STARS!!!”
Frio let out a light chuckle as his tail curled in delight. “Oh that looks hilarious. Gotta remember to go see that.” He gently shook his head as he continued to walk and drop into an indifferent attitude as he approached a lone Mazic by a door. The two stared at each other for a moment before the Mazic slowly turned and opened the door.
With a slow and droning voice he addressed our head investigator. “He’s waiting for you by the dance floor. Doubt you’ll miss him. Welcome back Frio. Try not to burn the place down.” As the door opened the tune picked back up and was almost deafening. Frio walked down the dark staircase and eventually into a room filled with neon signs decorating the walls, strobe lights, lasers, and dozens of people dancing everywhere.
Our Harchen Hero cut through the crowd and haze like a fish through water before finally sitting down at a table with a rather… sleazy looking Gojid. “FRIO! MY OLD PAL! Have a seat! Let me get ya a drink!” The greased back fur of the Gojid just looked out of place as he waved for the servers to bring colorful beverages with little umbrellas over.
I honestly couldn’t make out any words that came out of the Gojid’s mouth after that. The dude just seemed to talk and not say any words. But eventually Frio took a slow sip from his drink and turned his head to stare down the greasy porcupine who’s quills extended in a little bit of fear.
“Cut the crap Genseng. I want to know why by Inatala’s tits you’d think it's a good idea to smuggle terran animals here!” He slammed a pawfull of photos on the table. Each one showed the greasy Gojid buying and selling small animals like rabbits and chickens.
Genseng sputtered and pouted “COME ON! I haven’t done anything that puts anyone at risk! I just sell human’s xeno-safe pets! A bunny never ate a Dossur! Don’t you want humans to take care of the petting addiction on things that want to be pet?” Despite my body telling me this guy was bad news, I couldn’t help but agree. I’ve been ‘pet’ more times than I would like by strange humans… and a few Venlil… and one Kolshian… and I ran away from the Mazic.
Frio sat back in his chair and huffed. “Then WHY have I found NO civilians with one of your pets?” This time he slapped down a paper list of names and places that clearly documented each and every business he sold animals to.
The scumbag sat there with a look of shock on his face and started to sputter out several noncommittal and contradictory statements. ALl the while Frio stared at his “friend” with more and more disgust. Eventually Genseng just sighed, stood up, and shouted. "GUN! HES GOT A GUN! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!” and bolted for the back door as screaming began to fill the room
Frio just casually stood up and watched that douchebag flee! He pulled out his badge and announced to the crowd. “FALSE ALARM! FALSE ALARM! OFFICER FRIOTETZALI, HERE ON OFFICIAL BUSINESS OF THE AVALON CITY POLICE! REMAIN CALM YOU ARE IN NO DANGER!”
I couldn’t understand why he was just standing there as the bad guy ran away! The camera cut to Genseng who was sprinting full force down a narrow hall dodging all manner of obstacles like it was an action movie only for it to cut back to Frio slowly taking a sip of his drink!
Again it cut back Genseng huffing and wheezing as he sprinted through his own shipping operation. The only pauses he took were to open up cages causing a small whirlwind of feathers and bunnies to start in the warehouse. Yet Frio started to casually talk to the people in the room. He just slowly went around reassuring everyone that everything was fine and why he was here.
As I sat there in disbelief that he’d just let the bastard run away Genseng rounded a corner to see his getaway truck. Only to step around the corner and get punched squarely in the gut by Iloralia who was hiding there.
“Come on Genseng? Couldn’t you do something original? This is starting to get boring!” Ilo extended a cattle prod and let the end buzz with electricity as an Extermination Officer van pulled up behind her.
The Gojid let out raspy breaths. “Should have- … figured- … he’d send his- … BITCH! To wait in the alley!” The sleazy man sucked that insult back in when Ilo pressed the business end of her cattle prod to his throat.
“Shut the fuck up. You have the right to remain silent, but for your sake… I hope you’re smart enough to use it!” Ilo’s tail waved behind her with delight as Sephon climbed out of the van with a Gojid arrestor vest to cover Genseng’s quills and bind his arms.
I jumped as the video smash-cut to Sephon slamming down piece after piece of evidence on an interrogation room table in front of a nervous Gojid and his exhausted human lawyer. The angelic Tasamine sat on her perch gently drinking some tea as our perturbed Venlil explained each and every paper and photo that he threw on the table.
“Finally we have you on felony tax evasion. You do know you have to declare ALL sources of income right?” Genseng sheepishly looked to his lawyer, who just sat there with a defeated look on his face. “You are looking at forty years behind bars for this Genseng! FORTY!”
Tasamine let her voice coo out over her cup of tea. “We aren’t going to do you any favours over the tax stuff. The IRS is over our jurisdiction on that, BUT we are prepared to drop the rest of the charges.”
Genseng’s lawyer appeared to wake up in an instant and elbowed his client before he could open his filthy mouth. “So what do you want from my client in return for dropping the charges you have against him?”
Tas let out a little smile that set butterflies to flight in my stomach. “We want everyone that Tas sold animals to. And we do mean EVERYONE.”
Sephon started to pace back and forth as the Gojid and lawyer talked amongst themselves. Eventually Genseng relented and turned to our heroes. “Ok… SO I technically never really sold to a person per say… BUT I kept really good papers on all the businesses I did sell to!”
The conversation started to dull out as the camera began to pan back and into the observation room with Frio, Ilo, and a rather small Mazic. Frio stood stoically silent, his paw held gently under his jaw, lost in thought. Ilo was typing away on the computer crosschecking every business Genseng sold out.
The Mazic took a step forward. His badge now clearly showing that he was the Chief of the Avalon City Police. “I know those businesses… Why would he be selling pets to…” The Chief huffed and stormed out of the observation room leaving Frio and Ilo slightly confused only to watch with an ounce of shock as the Police Chief walked into the interrogation room.
“YOU FUCKING IDIOT! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU HAVE DONE?” Genseng recoiled away from the angry Chief as his lawyer was trying to figure out what was happening. “YOU HAVE BEEN SELLING HUMAN PETS AS FOOD TO HUMANS! YOU KNOW LESS THAN ONE PERCENT OF HUMANS EVEN EAT ONCE-LIVE MEAT! EVERYONE KNOWS THAT! MOST HUMANS GET VIOLENTLY ILL AT THE THOUGHT OF IT AND STRAIGHT VIOLENT IF TRICKED INTO IT! IF THIS GETS OUT THERE WILL BE RIOTS!”
Genseng’s lawyer slowly looked to his client with a look of anger and despair plastered on his face. The sleazy man just kinda shrugged. “I didn’t make them buy it!”
“BUT YOU DIDN’T TELL THEM WHERE YOU GOT THE MEAT FROM DID YOU?”
“OF COURSE YOU DIDN’T ‘CAUSE, HOW THEN, WOULD YOU GET RID OF YOUR UNWANTED ANIMALS?”
“HEY! I’VE GOT A GUY WHO TAKES THEM IN! I MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS HUMANE AND SAFE FOR CONSUMPTION AND ANYTHING UNWANTED GO TO THAT GUY! OK? NO MONEY TRANSACTION! … I think he ships them back to Earth or something. No unethical stuff… except maybe selling Once-live as Cloned… but that isn’t that bad! Humans only just considered Rabbits to be on par with dogs!”
The Chief of Police just stood there menacingly as the ever beautiful Tas asked a question. “Who is this man you give the animals to?”
Genseng slowly walked back to his seat. “I don’t have a name. Just some dude wearing the old face hiding masks and a Pleather trench coat. Kinda creepy and usually lets the fat Venlil do the talking, but they scratch my back I scratch thier’s.”
The screen faded to black before coming back to their conference room and joined by the Chief of Police. “So you think this individual is the same one behind the Sheep Operation?”
Ilo sat up in her chair. “It seems to meet up with his M.O. of undermining food production.”
Tas brought a pair of population maps up on their projector. “Just looking at the before and after, the invasive rabbit population was miniscule at best. We had been doing a great job of catching them faster than they could repopulate. At least until their population unpredictably exploded into the hundreds of thousands.”
She swapped out the maps for a single one that showed several areas circled in red. “DNA testing on the rabbits has shown that they aren’t spreading naturally. One population has no genetic relation to the others even though their areas overlap. It has to be someone introducing rabbits in waves to different locals.”
The Chief slowly shook his head. “Do we have any clues as to where the masked man is?”
Frio’s tail curled in delight. “Why yes! Yes we do! He has a meetup with my good buddy Genseng who desperately doesn’t want to spend the next forty years in jail.”
The small Mazic let out a low and insidious laugh “OH! I think I know where you are going with this. You have my support. Let's get this sting operation set up!”
In an instant the day flew by and night rose over the docks of Avalon City. Genseng drove down the roads and pulled around the corner of a large warehouse situated nearby. The sleazy man looked oddly calm. I wouldn’t be surprised if this isn’t his first time ratting.
Overlooking the docks from the warehouse was our team of heroes. Tas had set up a network of monitors and was observing the operation. Several disguised vans were parked nearby filled with Extermination Officers all biting to get a hold of their quarry.
Frio walked over and placed a paw on Tasamine’s wing, before speaking into a recorder. “Looking good Gen. Looks like I misplaced the paperwork on those charges. Get through this and I won’t have time to go looking for it!”
Gen let out a small chuckle. “Hey Frio… Do you miss when we were kids? Getting into trouble. Scraping enough money together to buy lunch when our parents couldn’t afford to feed us?”
Frio took a step back from the monitors. “You said that in a really weird way… but yeah. Just the two of us. Sometimes we were delinquents scamming someone out of five credits and sometimes we were the heroes helping people out. Guess we took different paths…”
The greasy Gojid leaned back in the driver seat of his van. “I- … I am kinda tired of living Frio… It’s just… One deal after another with barely enough money to get from one job to the next… Do- … Do you think I could get a job working with you guys?”
It almost looked like Frio was going to cry as his eyes watered up. “Well… we are a man down at the moment, but my team only hires experienced individuals. It would be hard work, but if you joined as an apprentice and applied yourself… I think you could make it.”
Genseng sat and fiddled with his paws for a few moments. “Even with my arrest record?”
“We are the Exterminators not the City Police. I doubt there isn’t a single one of us that hasn't done something that would get us blacklisted by them!”
Gen let out a light laugh. “Ah good point! They hired you! Well I’d- Wait. He's here.”
A long black limousine pulled up around the corner. Slowly and silently stopping beside them. Frio took a step back. “Alright everyone. It's go time. Gen, get ready to duck down if they open fire.”
With almost perfect unison every unmarked van and cruiser lit up with Yellow and Orange lights and started to race towards the Limo. But with a heart stopping ‘BWOOOOOM’ the Limo exploded into an inferno, sending metal flying through the docks at high speeds.
Gen’s voice screamed over the radio for a brief moment before falling silent.
The next sounds we heard were of a heart monitor. Frio sat at the bedside of what I assumed to be Genseng. His body was covered entirely in bandages, with tubes running into his head and arms. Wires tracked his vital signs and, while steady, didn’t look like they broadcasted good news.
Frio looked up to see Ilo leaning in the doorway. “The limo was automated. No one on board. Mask either knew it was a setup or intended to end Genseng one way or the other.” She slowly walked over to Frio and nuzzled the side of his head. “I talked with the Doctors. They think he’ll make it. Might be a few years, and he will have to learn how to do most things, but he will live.”
Ilo forced her way into awkwardly cuddling Frio. After a small moment of resisting he accepted the embrace and leaned back. “How are we on tracking down the leads?”
She somehow managed to wrap herself around Frio as she quietly responded. “The limo was a dead end. Everything was bought from scrap and assembled off-grid. Camera networks were wiped clean enough that even Tas couldn’t scrape something off of the hard drives. DNA results on the rabbits gave us enough to work with Earth and track down the suppliers on that side, but they were using Genseng as a scapegoat and intermediary for all of it. I don’t think he even realized that the man he was ‘giving’ rabbits to was the man that arranged for him to be able to buy them in the first place.”
Frio wrapped his arms around her. “So this whole operation was basically a money laundering scam with rabbits. They scarred him for life just to- to-” Tears ran down his cheeks as the pair embraced each other. The credits started to roll over the sounds of a heart monitor slowly pinging on. Gentle sobbing slowly faded away as the sound of claws on tile echoed through the speakers.
A rather portly Venlil was flanked on both sides by massive looking dogs. Sylvan’s Dad pointed out those where Karelian Bear Dogs. Bred to actually hunt one of Earth’s apex predators. The Fat Venlil, or Chublil as Sylvan said, walked into an immaculate office, where a man with a silvered mask and brown trench coat sat.
“Sir? Operation Clean House is over. The results are one Gojid launderer hospitalized. He is expected to recover in a few years. When the exterminators watching him clear out an agent will enter with an air-filled syringe and fake death by heart-attack. As you expected the last meetup was a sting operation. Police remain slightly aware of your presence.”
A robotic voice came from the man. “Good work Gavreg. Did you enjoy your trip to Earth?”
“Yessir. You were right. Bear meat is simply divine when prepared correctly.”
WHAT THE FUCK. WHY WOULD HE KNOW WHAT THAT TASTES LIKE?!?
“Glad to hear it. As for the Gojid, I think he’s gotten the message on what happens to people who cross us. Send him a normal fruit basket when he regains consciousness. Have it say… Sorry you got fired! Take a siesta!”
“Very well sir. Just to be clear, hold off on permanently silencing him?”
“Hrm… Yes. He was always amusing to work with.”
“Very well sir. If there is nothing else, I shall take my leave.”
The Fat Venlil turned and walked out of the room. Ending the episode and leaving the three of us sitting on the couch.
“You know Loural is going to throw a fit if she finds out we let both Sylvan and Henry watch this!”
I wasn’t proud but at least the humans screamed louder than I did.
Special thanks to u/Dinomannick
for the prompt
"I got a few ideas for the show. How about a few episodes have them dealing with invasive earth species on alien worlds, brought there for zoos, rich blokes pet, criminals, whatever. They have either catch or kill all of them before their establishing breeding populations and have the cane toad/rabbit problem like down-under. Think it might be interesting enough for future space TV?"
I hope this lived up to your expectations, and the bunny boom won't be relegated to just this episode either.
Links are still broken cause reddit is more like brokeit... Will get around to fixing them soon, real life has been kinda hectic
submitted by BiasMushroom
to HFY [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 14:28 Taylor-Swifty A4A Anyone Else Like OCs?
[possible fandoms: Transformers, Totally Spies, Disney, TMNT, Street Sharks, Pixar, Star Wars, G. I. Joe, Nintendo, Marvel, DC, possibly more!]
I am 18+ and all participants and characters must be 18+.
Hey there! Most people call me Desi. I am a role player, obviously! I usually spend my time indoors every day with a mild excursion here and there to the store, movies, or beach. I adore writing, but that's obvious.
I am very versatile on genre, I have major preference for romance, drama, slice of life, mysteries, action and adventure, Hallmark-esque plots, and anything else we might conjure up! I do have tons of canons and OCs! I’m sure you can find one you like. I can write from a paragraph to novella.
I am looking for any gender of partner and character, I have so many unique characters and ideas for each one! I can also slide my OCs into any fandom.
your character replaces Sam/Charlie in the Transformers franchise while fixing various mistakes made by Michael Bay. I have the characters set up on my server, with alternate designs for Jazz, Sideswipe, and Hot Rod.
I also have a ton of Disney characters, I’ve been dying to play out a ripple in the space time continuum where one or a group of them get sent to the real world.
I also am hunting for a Totally Spies role play.
My character is a Spanish heiress, who lives a life of luxury, only her father is murdered, and the people who did it, are now after her. She runs away in search of a bodyguard to help her get back what was stolen from her.
The next idea I have is for a relationship that is on the rocks, and the two are left trying to navigate their lives past the honeymoon phase and learn how to adapt to living together.
This is specific to my character but she was a championship surfer, and she got injured at the top of her game. I really want to play out her becoming a mentor, teaching someone how to become the next champion.
One of my characters goes undercover to try and expose a illegal ring, this would play out like a suspense or thriller, could play male or female.
An emotionally damaged stripper who is abused by staff spends her days trying to get by, until the day comes where she meets someone who could help her pursue her true dreams of running her own operation.
A Russian woman who was stolen from her family as a little girl and tormented into becoming a living weapon is hired to bring your character to them. On the way, she finds out that the people who hired her are working for the militia that made her the way she is, and so, she decides to take a stand, and wipe them out.
This is only a third of my ideas, not even that, a fraction! Come check out my characters, let’s discuss something!
I have men, women, young and mature, thieves, business owners, single mothers, wayward young adults, college students and staff, bounty hunters, detectives, police officers, victims, patients, crooked therapists, strippers, so many unique stories to tell! I guarantee one of them will strike your fancy!
I am looking for a romantic role play as one of my many OC characters, drama or major events will happen depending on the character you select, and I have 300+ so far.
I also have many canon characters I would love to play as, such as Legolas, Transformers, Marvel and DC , Avatar and Disney.
I have many ideas depending on who you choose!
I am a very affectionate person, I love to make people happy, so I am always open to adjusting characters or role plays.
I don't like role plays with action asterisks, Sorry! I also don't like to role play without proper punctuation and grammar. I usually write at least one paragraph. 25 being my record.
I am a firm believer in conversation so I most likely will text you OOC for any reason, I also prefer to keep things adult, meaning I don't take part in petty or childish arguments.
I don't ghost either, so Ill probably rip the bandage off and tell you why I don't want to role play anymore.
I also love having friends! I used to get bullied quite a lot for many, many reasons, so I haven't had many friends in my 20 years of living. Lets chat, get to know one another!, I've been role playing for a long time, about 6-8 years give or take? I typically enjoy modern role plays with real life basing.
I enjoy stories of the romantic genre as well as action and adventure. My characters are original with face claims, some are canon characters from Marvel and DC. Characters like Barney, Captain America, Superman, just really selfless characters have always been my inspiration.
I always try to write my characters with loving aspects if I can. Life is broken and many people suffer, life isnt perfect so I usually write some darkness for a character if I feel it.
I don't use random face claims, I use actors or media icons I feel fit the character, I mentally put myself in the position of director, my role play is a movie, and I am casting the character, that is how I usually go about it, and if you don’t like it I am not the partner for you.
I definitely want a partner who can be a friend, who can be detailed yet tame, someone who can give me something to reply to, I am not very picky. I don't like people who are judgmental though, I prefer good vibes only.
Replies from me are vary. Sometimes I cant write as much as Id like because I get a writers block.
Sometimes I can reply 5 times a day, but sometimes I cant reply for a day maybe even two or three. But usually I update OOC. I look for people who aren't looking for perfection, I don't like role players who are too arrogant about their skill. I wouldn't say I'm the best role player out there, so if we don't mesh I completely understand.
I keep my characters location/job vague so that I can work them into a plot better. They are pieces to the puzzle, and I keep them so they can fit better into any story we choose!
I will only be role playing on discord partly just to be able to show you my original character portfolio server, which has channels with their backgrounds, age, and their galleries.
Simply DM me for my tag and we can get things started.
Sexuality wise all my characters are adjustable.
Reply wise, this will be fairly advanced. I strive to keep things above a paragraph but I can go lower depending on the plot. I write a maximum of 10 paragraphs but my usual is 3-4.
my character portfolio will be the main key to our discussion, so you will be viewing it upon your interest. I have 100+ characters. I can also role play over email or reddit chat, that way I can just copy the bios and send the photos.
That being said our characters will have romance, and adult content will be ahead If desired. All my characters are adults.I am looking for action, adventure, romance of course is my favorite, mystery, drama, anything is up for debate!
I am looking for both male or female characters to partner my own with, as well as trans or non binary as well, all are welcome.
I hope we can have a fun role play together!
submitted by Taylor-Swifty
to RoleplayPartnerSearch [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 14:23 queenliz2fr Headcanons you have about the lesser known parts of Tom Riddle's life
So throughout my posts and comments I have already shared a few of mine.
This particular one covers my headcanon on his pre-Hogwarts and summers during his first four years at Hogwarts: https://old.reddit.com/HPfanfiction/comments/13gfgtx/tom_riddle_discovers_his_love_for_reading/
Some other ones that I have:
- Lestrange and Avery were his best friends. Lestrange (the one that was contemporary to Tom's time in Hogwarts) was the closest thing he would ever call a friend. In fact he might have been his first and last true friend, while Avery was mostly what Pettigrew was to James and Sirius. Later in life, when the Death Eaters were formed, the trio wielded almost equal power within the organization. However Tom was the real charismatic leader, while Lestrange was the cautious voice of reason. Avery was pretty much the weak link. When Lestrange realized what direction Tom intended to take the organization in (and refused to listen to his advice) and furthermore saw his children, Rodolphus and Rabastan admiring more Tom's ways than his, he decided to turn informant for the Ministry. This lead to a lot of arrests and even deaths. Lestrange also tried to turn Avery to his side and kick Tom out of the organization, but Avery much more preferred Tom as he saw him as a real leader so he snitched on Lestrange. Upon finding out, Tom was heartbroken and that's the point he became extremely cynical and refused to allow anyone else to get too close to him. He captured Lestrange and brutally tortured him, ripping his tongue out in the process. Then he presented a nearly dead Lestrange to the Death Eaters and said the Aurors did this to him. He convinced his sons to kill him "to put him out of his misery" as a last mocking to his former best friend.
- Tom and Dumbledore had a similar relationship as Harry and Snape. Tom perceived Dumbledore as being unfair towards other houses and favoring Gryffindors and while, unlike Snape, Dumbledore never showed direct cruelty or meaness towards Tom, he always kept a close look on him and would often tax even the smallest mistakes he would catch Tom making.
- In his first two years Tom was really withdrawn, behaved mostly like at the orphanage. He spent of his time in the library and his classmates found him rather creepy. He was trying to figure out his ancestry but since there were no records of a Riddle family and Marvolo was not a notable man enough to be recorded anywhere, he was getting nowhere. He did however excel in his classes and occasionally helped Avery (who was sort of like Neville and he kind of felt pity for him) with his homework and Avery tried to form an awkward friendship with him. However when the Gryffindors decided to pull a prank on the Slytherin's new chaser, Lestrange by disillusioning a bunch of snakes and hiding them in his Quidditch uniform, Tom Riddle used his Parseltongue to control the snakes (kind of paralleling Harry's reveal in book 2) and chase away the Gryffindor bullies. It was then that he formed a close relationship with Lestrange, after the latter asked him if he was related to the Gaunts. Partially out of interest for the source of information that Lestrange could provide and partially because Lestrange was genuinely a likeable person, Tom developed a close friendship with him. It was also due to the information provided by Lestrange that he was able to track his ancestry to Slytherin.
- In the third year, due to unforeseen circumstances, the Qudditch game between Gryffindors vs Slytherins also got switched to the last one to parallel PoA. Tom Riddle, now becoming more outgoing, decides to help the Quidditch team to pull a prank on the Gryffindors. I haven't thought exactly what but likely something to do with hexing brooms. That's when he earns the respect of Nott, Rosier, and Mulciber which are older students in the team.
- I have detailed in the link above Tom Riddle's brush with death due to Dragonpox in the link above and how he came to name himself Voldemort as well as his rising interest in defying immortality so I won't bore you again with it. However the Dragonpox epidemics also affects professor Merrythought who is quite old. She has to take a sabbatical year to recover. In turn paralleling the events from OotP, the wife of the first muggleborn head of DMLE is hired as a supply teacher (she's also a Muggleborn). Due to the atrocities committed during WW2, she starts pushing an agenda of Muggle tolerance and using magic to help them. This annoys the purebloods of Slytherin and it is during this time that Tom discovers the Chamber of Secrets. He plans to use the Basilisk to terrify the new professor. After several attacks that fail to chase her out of school, he decides to finally kill her but he accidentally kills Myrtle. This scares Tom and makes him back out of his plan. Still since he already killed someone, may as well try his hand at creating a horcrux. However Myrtle's death does also manage to chase away the supply teacher from the school. This leaves several students without a DADA teacher before the OWLs. In an attempt to fill that demand, Tom starts a study group with his fellow Slytherins where he teaches them dark arts, and paralleling it to Dumbledore's Army, he calls it the Knights of Walpurgis since the study group is started on the night of the 30th of April, as Tom is a huge fan (as I detailed in the link above) of astronomy.
- However not all Ministry workers are satisfied with the closing of the Chamber of Secrets case and an over-zealous Auror lingering on, accidentally overhears Tom bragging to his gang about the Chamber of Secrets and how he plans to reopen it again next year. This prompts him to keep a close look on Tom and under the pretense that he thinks a student might have been involved in the murders of the Riddle family, he is reluctantly allowed to return to Hogwarts the next year because of a compelling argument he made to his bosses that he has suspicions a child might have been involved since the Trace got activated despite no known magical child living in Little Hangleton. And since Dumbledore conveniently left the school to get more actively involved in the war against Grindelwald, this Auror replaces him as a Transfigurations teacher. This annoys Tom to no end since he feels the new Transfigurations teacher is hounding him even worse than Dumbledore and he can't afford to reopen the Chamber of Secrets.
- Meanwhile Tom learns of a legend that the four founders once saved some goblins from a "sticky situation" and befriended them. At the Hogwarts inauguration, an envoy of goblins came and presented them with four gifts. For Gryffindor it was a sword that would make him as powerful as every enemy he defeated, for Ravenclaw a diadem that retained the wisdom and knowledge of all its wearers and transfer it to the current wearer, for Hufflepuff a cup which when filled with something it would never end (kind of fits the protections in Gringotts) and for Slytherin, who was blind and relying on snakes to guide him, a locket that would allow him to see as far as the soul of humans (hence the eyes within the locket that Harry sees when he opens it). Tom instantly becomes obsessed about possessing this items. Also realizing he has no chance of reopening the Chamber as long as the Auror is within Hogwarts, he will want to leave it as a legacy and thus creating other horcruxes. It is then when he realizes that if he made an object out of each of the founders' relics and the ring he stole from his uncle (which while he didn't know what it was sensed its immense magical power) and becomes fascinated by the idea of splitting his soul in seven. Hence his question for Slughorn.
- In the following year, he researches all the relics. He manages to find from Helena what happened to the diadem, learns that the locket stayed with the Gaunts and makes the connection with what Morfin said that his mother stole the locket, learns that the cup also stayed with the descendants of Hufflepuff which are now called the Smiths and learns how to get the sword. So he starts a plot to steal the sorting hat but when he manages, the hat is quick to read his mind and tells him that he'll never be able to make the sword his as Gryffindor left it to the Gryffindor house since he did not have any children and enchanted it so that it will forever remain to the worthy Gryffindors. This prompts Voldemort to drop his plan of making it a horcrux and decide he will in time find another powerful item to use it as a container for his seventh part of the soul.
That's it for now. If you have any other headcanons about the lesser known deeds of Tom Riddle, feel free to share. As for me, I have developed a biography for him a while ago, but seeing that I am too old to write fanfiction anymore, feel free to borrow also any of the ideas.
submitted by queenliz2fr
to HPfanfiction [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 13:58 temptationaus UFC Fight Night: Kara-France vs Albazi (Provide Picks Full Card Breakdown) [+92 Units in 18 months]
2023 Results (So Far): +18.78 Units
2022 Results: +73.185 Units
All Time: +92 Units
Full transparency, I run a MMA betting service called Provide Picks. We have been operating for roughly a year and a half completely tracked and verifiable with a return of over 96 units in that short time. You can find our full tracking sheet history here
and you can also see a bunch of customer testimonials and betting slips throughout that time here
Me myself, I have watched MMA religiously for more than 10 years and trained for over 4.5 years, I love this sport so I figured why not help bring some insight and analysis to others! Now this isn’t a sales pitch, I know how Reddit works and I really enjoy the opinions shared on this sub-reddit so I genuinely want to help contribute and if you enjoy the output, please feel free to join the team! We are proven to be profitable long-term so if you have some spare change to invest at any level, you love the sport and are interested in improving your knowledge - come over and check us out at providepicks.com
. As we have a fair base of paying members, it wouldn’t be fair to them to share every single one of our bets however I want to provide as much value for this betting community as people, hopefully to help you guys see a different angle in terms of MMA betting and long-term profitability and more importantly - sending these bookies broke.
Anyways enough waffle - let’s get into this week’s shenanigans. This is a surprisingly fun fight night card, I love these events that are lower on name value but just full of decent talent and exciting matchups. This is definitely one of them and generally when you have slightly lesser talent stacked fight nights, you have a night full of violence and finishes - let’s see if that continues in this one. Onto the breakdowns! Maxim Grishin (32-9-2) vs. Philipe Lins (16-5):
Grishin is a tall, orthodox fighter who is just a real good mixed martial artist. He is a big frame for the LHW division, is strong and still has fairly slow, plodding style of movement and footwork. Is good in the clinch, very good at holding position by winning underhooks and using his big head to frame against the neck of his opponent and keep them in position for taxing knees to the body and just wearing on them with his big frame. I like his ability to keep the fight in his range, using slight forward pressure and a decent feint game to his advantage. Can be a little heavy set on the lead leg so should look out for the speedy outside leg kick of Lins in this one - Grishin is also pretty handy at catching the body kick and punishing. Personally, never been massively high on Lins in his career, admittedly he has looked better since dropping to his proper weight class post juice cycle but it is against weak competition. He is OK everywhere but not great anywhere, I do like his hand-speed with his boxing combos especially when pressuring forward. I think he mixes in takedowns well in his game at times but he can also be held against the cage. I probably slightly edge Lins in terms of cardio but I also do think this is a massive watch the scales fight due to Grishin’s size and propensity for bad weight cuts. This is a tough fight to call given both guys are fairly unimpressive. I favour the speed of Lins with the hand-speed and kicks definitely but he doesn’t set them up intelligently. I think Grishin can hold Lins against the cage, wear on him with his size and win minutes. I capped this fight 50/50 and I think we see a close fight, will take Maxim Grishin by UD
but with very low confidence. BET:
No bet. Luan Lacerda (12-2) vs. Da'Mon Blackshear (12-5-1):
I like what I saw on debut from Lacerda - he has a very Muay Thai style of fighting, very flat-footed with a high guard, move forward pressuring with the lead leg ready to pop up and check kicks quickly. He has sharp, fast hands and particularly his hooks to the body are very technically sound. Against Stamann he was able to mix some grappling in when it suited but it is clear he is more of an Aldo style fighter that prefers to stuff takedowns and keep it on the feet. Coming up against Blackshear here who I have been very impressed with even though he is off 2 losses. Da’mon is a super well rounded guy, I like his creative offence on the feet and I also like his offensive grappling ability on the ground too. Defensively, he leave a little more to be desired and can be a little comfortable with fighting off his back which I don’t particularly like. We haven’t seen too much grappling from Lacerda so will be interested to see how he fares in this one but I think the technicality of Lacerda on the feet, the ability to mix his targets to the head, body and legs and just land the more damaging strikes will edge him this one. Taking Luan Lacerda by UD. BET:
No bet. Jinh Yu Frey (11-8) vs. Elise Reed (6-3):
I would be doing a disservice to everyone who reads this if I honestly told you with any level of confidence that you should put your hard earned money anywhere near this fight. Don’t, simple as that. Daniel Santos (10-2) vs. Johnny Munoz Jr. (12-2):
This is a super fun matchup between two very efficient grapplers which should make for a exciting scrap here. Let’s start with Daniel Santos, if you knew nothing of this guy and watched him fight and had half a clue on MMA, you would know immediately that he is a Chute Boxe fighter. He has relentless forward pressure, irresponsible boxing defence and is a very kill or be killed style fighter. I like his stalking style, but he has little head movement besides the pull counter really, likes to pressure you until that back foot is up against the cage and then explode in with spinning attacks or elbows from weird angles. He keeps his hands high but then head on centre line and thus far has shown some crazy durability but this can only get you so far. Looks to have solid grappling, not accepting bottom position and constantly looking to invert and throw up submissions. Against Arce he looked good however Arce was able to be elusive with his footwork, stick and move and use angles well to counter in and out of range. I think against anyone who can effectively stay on the outside and use smart, straight shots effectively, he will struggle. I just don’t think that guy is Munoz JR on the feet - he is clunky, doesn’t throw in combinations and looks to parry alot of shots defensively which I really don’t like against a guy who throws wild, unorthodox strikes in Santos. He is a solid wrestler with some good offensive TD numbers but he has to be careful not to shoot unintelligently and throw himself into a submission which will make him hesitant and have to strike. I think Munoz’s wins have been against low level guys who aren’t in the promotion anymore and I think this is a bad stylistic fight for him. I think Santos will land the more damaging shots and I fancy he gets him out of here in under 2 rounds. Taking Daniel Santos via TKO RD 1. BET:
Like the look of the Santos moneyline, fancy Santos Inside the Distance too but will wait to see what price this opens at. If we get anything in the realm of +125 to -120, I would look at a 1.5 unit play. Under 2.5 rounds is an option also depending on price, I think it will probably be around the -200 to -250 play so anything south of that will be a play too. Andrei Arlovski (34-21) vs. Don'Tale Mayes (9-5):
Huge experience edge to the old-dawg here in Arlovski. Mayes has been everything but impressive thus far in his UFC career and I don’t know how you could be intrigued to play either side in this one. Mayes can hit hard and is reasonably athletic for the HW division but skill for skill outside the boxing, he doesn’t offer a lot. I couldn’t be confident on ever betting him to be quite honest. You know what you’re going to get with Arlovski and that is volume, if his chin can handle what is coming back at him. He is a special for split decisions so if you’re a degen and want action, look to that but for me, no interest here. Will take the side of Andrei Arlovksi via UD
using his volume and experience but you couldn’t be more lower confidence. John Castañeda (19-6) vs. Muin Gafurov (18-4) :
Gafurov taking this on short-notice with Castaneda set to take on Mendonca before that was cancelled and replaced with possibly the furthest opposite style of fighter. The Gafurov gameplan is simple, contest on the feet, use blitz attacks such as looping overhands when moving forward followed by a double leg against the cage and rely on his Sambo capabilities to hold top position and out-work his opponent. Castañeda is a guy that doesnt get a huge amount of spotlight but I like his game alot. He has nice footwork, good striking out of southpaw and orthodox, has good wrestling entries and is able to grapple competitively, just a solid all around mixed martial artist. In this one, I really favour the movement and footwork of Castañeda and I think the speed is going to give Gafurov issues. Castañeda is sitting at a 60% TD Defence rate which is concerning against a guy who will consistently shoot like Gafurov, but I think Castañeda will be hard to find, using the angles in and out of the pocket and throwing quick shots up the middle to dissuade and make Gafurov think. I like John Sexi Mexi Castañeda to win this one by UD. BET:
No lines opened yet but have capped Castañeda as a 60% winning chance. Elizeu Zaleski (23-7) vs. Abubakar Nurmagomedov (17-3-1):
Zaleski is an interesting fighter to me. Good sprawl, solid TD Def against the cage, good balance and strength to win underhooks. Quite a flat-footed striker, not a massive amount of footwork but I like his rear leg power kick, he hits the body well and switches levels nicely. Relatively low volume and works single shots mainly without a massive amount of feinting. The frequency that he fights worries me but it has been the story of his career. Abubakr is the typical Dagestani fighter, limited stand up basically a quick overhand right and other single shots, tied in with a grinding, gruelling wrestling pace. He seems on the lower end of the Nurmagomedov scale in terms of skill, often leaving himself open to submission when in top control whether it’s knee-bars or even the common triangle. He is able to hold a good pace over 15 mins which is good given how top heavy and smothering he can be at times. He fights out of both stances, looks more comfortable out of OD but if he fights SP, I think he will lose this fight. Zaleski is too sharp on the feet especially with the body kicks and straight shots which will only be accentuated in the opposite stances. I also think the knees for Zaleski are going to be huge here, he throws them with bad intentions in the centre and against the cage which tied in with his teeps and front kicks are a dangerous sight for Abubakr. Abubakr is a good chance at smothering the fire power of Zaleski and just wearing on him but I think he is dangerous enough off his back to survive and challenge at times and I expect the damage will start to add up on the Zaleski side and I think we see a finish. Taking Elizeu Zaleski via TKO RD 2.
BET: Zaleksi ITD will be a play if over +200. Moneyline odds are probably bang on. Guram Kutateladze (12-3) vs. Jamie Mullarkey (16-5):
Guram has a K1 kickboxing background and it shows, very high level on the feet with good head movement and sharp, unpredictable strikes set up with a smart feint game. He has really good distance management, uses great fundamentals and is super quick with his hand-speed and he finishes combos with kicks which I love, its that kickboxing mentality. He fights out of All Stars which shows in his TD Defence especially against the fence, he is clearly strong but has very good wrestling and counter wrestling technique. He has had a super high level of competition and performed very well in wins and losses, we just don’t see him active enough due to injuries and bad luck. Mullarkey is an absolute junkyard dog, pushing the pace and moving forward with intense pressure making you fight every second of that 15 minutes. He like to engage in the pocket, for better or worse, and in recent times we have seen his wrestling really shine through some of these tough scraps. He has a nice jab which I expect to be pumping prior to every combo and entry for Mullarkey. I just think at this point in his career this is quite a tough fight for Mullarkey. Guram is a super high-level striker with a good base for stuffing takedowns and keeping the fight in kickboxing range. I expect Mullarkey to want to close distance and engage, I just don’t think defensively he is strong enough to absorb and adapt to the speed and combinations of Guram and I think we see that chin tested for Mullarkey. I think this is a bit of a step down in competition for Guram although if Mullarkey can get some early takedowns it will be interesting to see the gastank of Guram tested. The activity is always a question mark but at this point I think Guram should win this handily, will be taking Guram Kutateladze via TKO RD 2. BET:
Wouldn’t touch Guram at -350 but he should win. Karine Silva (15-4) vs. Ketlen Souza (13-3):
Silva should win here but at that price, even blind Freddie could see that this is a pass on the moneylines. Silva actually has a high finishing ability in terms of WMMA, so if we can get a good price on a fight doesnt go the distance line, that could be an option here.
BET: Wait for round lines to drop. Tim Elliott (18-12-1) vs. Victor Altamirano (12-2):
Altamirano is a SP fighter, fairly unusual style of striking with sort of a Tony Ferguson style mixed in with some well timed takedown attempts. He has very little power in his strikes but OK volume. Defensively, he leaves a lot to be desired with a modified sort of philly shell style where his lead hand is low and near the hip, he does get hit and often but he has shown very good durability. His takedowns worry me at times because he is very content to dip his head to an advancing opponent and run a double or single leg, he is very open to knees and front kicks up the middle. Tim Elliott lives up to his nickname of “Awkward” extremely well. He has bizarre head movement, footwork and feints that all tie in to his sort of herky jerky style of fighting. He is able to tie his wrestling game in very well, I’d say technically he is far more technically sound than Victor. He does put himself into submission opportunities with some of his entries but im not too worried about that in this fight. This has the potential to be one of the worst fights we have seen TBH and only because of how weird and unorthodox these guys are, the awkwardness really has the potential to make this fight a strange one. I am pretty confident that Tim has the grappling/wrestling edge and also the more diverse and comfortable striker, the recent occurrence with Tim and Gina Mazany in the media does give me pause that he might be coming into this too emotional but I think it may fire him up to really perform. I think Tim is under his value here and can win in a multitude of ways, going to take Tim Elliott via UD. BET: Tim Elliott Moneyline -175 (2 Units to win 1.14 Units) Jim Miller (35-17) vs. Jared Gordon (19-6):
I will keep this one short and simple, Gordon is a really bad stylistic matchup for Miller and would win probably 7/10 times currently BUT he is returning way too soon after getting KO’d by that headbutt from Bobby Green. Gordon has good wrestling and generally good durability with a knack for pushing these grinding paces and outworking and outlasting his opponent. Pair that up with good submission defence and thats a horror fight for A10 Miller. But you can never count Jim out, he hits hard for a vet, he is unorthodox and he has the potential to catch you. For me, Gordon should roll here but I love to play Jim Miller round one given that is his money round - have cashed plenty on this through his career! Short breakdown and not a thorough one, I think Jared Gordon should win this fight but I think it is too soon. I will take Jared Gordon via UD
**,** but take it with a pinch of salt. BET: Jim Miller wins round 1 (price not available yet, .75 units) Alex Caceres (20-13) vs. Daniel Pineda (28-14):
Haven’t had time to break this one down yet but will update if any bets come off it! Kai Kara-France (24-10) vs. Amir Albazi (16-1):
KKF is a kickboxing fighter who we have seen develop nicely through his career in the UFC. He has worked tirelessly on his takedown defence and it shows in his huge improvement in ability to not only stuff shots but his ability to use the cage and his excellent balance to keep his feet underneath him. I think KKF’s hands are still fairly rudimentary and not necessarily in a bad way, he uses the jab decently well and relies on the 1,2 sometimes too much. For his weight, he has good power and one area I really like are his leg kicks, he has solid rear leg power kicks that he lands very efficiently off the back of his straight shots. Albazi is more of a grappler in nature with a majority of his victories by submission but I have liked what I have seen from him on the feet also. He has a sharp, snappy jab which he works off the back of and allows to dictate the fight. He has a pretty limited kicking game and in terms of kick defence, I expect KKF to really try and exploit the lack of checking and the heavy set stature of Albazi. In the grappling realm, I don’t think it’s close. Albazi has some elite scrambles on the mat and if you’re content to sit in his guard, he has some really damaging ground and pound in which he will equally target your head and body and punish you and wear on you. Albazi is far superior in terms of grappling but the question is will he be able to get it down to the mat? I think his timing going under the big right hand will be an option and I think he will be able to use his strength advantage when in close to muscle certain movements. This is a big step up in competition and his first venture into main event rounds which is a worry. This is going to be a fun fight and I am really looking forward to it but I think as long as everything looks good after weigh-ins, I will be on the Albazi side. He is improving with every fight and I think we see him get this fight to the ground and wear on KKF, eventually finding a submission, probably a RNC. Taking Amir Albazi via SUB RD 3. BET:
Will wait to see what round lines are set at. Will be looking at the Albazi Inside the Distance line also. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And that wraps up the breakdowns for this week! We send our followers the full betting cards on Saturday morning here in Australia, post weigh-ins. Nothing worse than betting on a fighter pre weigh-in, just to see him look like complete shit on the scales. We will post some of our betting card here incase anyone is interested!
Good luck, always gamble responsibly and remember to hang around long-term because there will be ups and downs but trust the process and we will build some bankroll. Would love to know if you agree or disagree anywhere and let us know who you are riding with below. Enjoy the fights! - Dylan.
submitted by temptationaus
to MMAbetting [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 13:24 Perkelton Weekly Crowdfunding Roundup: May 28 2023 30 ending soon (incl. Monster Hunter World Iceborne: The Board Game, Botany) & 21 new this week (incl. Carson City Big Box, Age of Steam Deluxe Expansion Volume IV + Acrylic Track Tiles)
What is this?
This is a weekly crowdfunding roundup of new projects launched last week and projects that end the coming week.
Expect new lists every Sunday between 00:00 and 23:59 CEST
The criteria for the lists are as follows:
- Sorted by number of backers
- Kickstarter projects ending in the next 7 days, that have at least 100 backers (or marked as "Project we love" by Kickstarter), will have reached more than estimated 95% of their goal by their deadline and passed the filters:
- No DnD books
- No zines
- No 3D printing
- No dice sets
- No magazines
- No shirts
- No playmats
- No furniture
- No events
- Gamefound projects ending in the next 7 days, that will have reached more than estimated 95% of their goal by their deadline and passed the above filters.
- (beta) Backerkit Crowdfunding projects ending in the next 7 days, that will have reached more than estimated 95% of their goal by their deadline and have a matching BGG page.
- Sorted by number of backers
- Kickstarter projects launched in the last 7 days, that have had at least average 15 backers per day, have at least 100 backers or is marked as "Project we love" by Kickstarter and passed the filters (see above).
- Gamefound projects launched in the last 7 days and passed the filters (see above).
- (beta) Backerkit Crowdfunding projects launched in the last 7 days and have a matching BGG page.
Notable filtered projects
- Filtered projects from above lists that have more than 1000 backers.
🎉: Staff pick/featured
🔥: More than average 200 backers/day
🌱: Creator's first project
🌳: Creator's >5th project
🔄: Money back guarantee (Read more
FAQ I live in Belize/Canada/Nicaragua/USA, why are you posting on a Saturday?!
Because I'm writing this from Europe in the future where it's already Sunday. Timezones be crazy. Why are there a bunch of non-board games in the board game list?
Because the Tabletop games category on Kickstarter includes anything remotely related to board games and sometimes things slip through my filters. Why is this future award winning board game and literal saviour of humanity missing from your list?
Sometimes my filters get a bit overzealous and discard actually valid projects. If you feel something is missing for this reason, leave a comment and I'll add it (maybe). Can I donate all my money to you?
No Can you help me promote my game?
Please no. I make lists. Nothing more. Your list is full of errors and now my vacuum cleaner sucks!
Indeed, this fine piece of code runs purely on meatballs and schnapps, so anything can happen. Leave a comment and I'll see what I can do.
Ending soon (30)
|Name ||Description ||Backers ||Pledged ||Ends ||Information ||Tags ||BGG |
|BOTANY: Flower Hunting in the Victorian Era ||Experience the thrill of the hunt in Botany: the ultimate Victorian flower collecting game for 1 to 5 botanists. ||11148 ||$780,234.00 (15605%) in 26 days ||2023-06-01 ||Kickstarter 2‑5 players age 10+ 45-90 min. ||🎉💰🔥🌱 ||BGG |
|Monster Hunter World Iceborne: The Board Game ||Hunt massive monsters with giant weapons in this co-op boss battler board game! ⚔️ Based on the hit video game. ||9199 ||£1,326,230.00 (884%) in 10 days ||2023-06-01 ||Kickstarter 1‑4 players age 14+ ||🎉💰🔥🌳 ||BGG |
|Dead Cells: The Rogue-Lite Board Game ||Explore the ever-changing island of Dead Cells in this ruthless co-op metroidvania dungeon crawler. Explore. Kill. Die. Mutate. Repeat. ||8222 ||CA$1,003,754.98 (2008%) in 12 days ||2023-06-02 ||Kickstarter 1‑4 players age 14+ 45 min. ||🎉💰🔥🌱 ||BGG |
|Leviathan Wilds ||A solo & co-op, boss-battling board game about climbing massive creatures. From the designer of Imperial Assault. ||3227 ||$163,972.50 (1640%) in 19 days ||2023-06-01 ||Kickstarter 1‑4 players age 10+ 45-90 min. ||🎉💰 ||BGG |
|Raising Robots ||Gear up for an expert level, engine-building game with simultaneous play and adorable robot companions. ||2509 ||$168,802.00 (844%) in 19 days ||2023-06-02 ||Kickstarter 1‑6 players age 14+ 60-90 min. ||🎉💰🌳 ||BGG |
|Axe-A-Lot-L ||A quick, chaotic card game for people who love axolotls. And also axes. ||2073 ||$34,193.50 (263%) in 25 days ||2023-06-02 ||Kickstarter 2‑4 players age 7+ 15-25 min. ||💰 ||BGG |
|Detective: Saints and Sinners ||Detective: Saints and Sinners is the newest expansion for Detective: City of Angels, which is an epic narrative-driven board game set in the dark and violent world of 1940's Los Angeles. Most players will step into the shoes of LAPD Homicide detectives that will do whatever it takes to solve the cas… ||1436 ||$93,705.15 (469%) in 12 days ||2023-06-03 || Gamefound 1‑5 players 120 min. Cooperative ||💰 || |
|Wishland: Dreams from America ||Expand your own theme park in this tableau building, worker placement & point salad eurogame for 1 to 5 players. ||1264 ||€69,681.00 (465%) in 26 days ||2023-06-02 ||Kickstarter 1‑5 players age 12+ 60-120 min. ||🎉💰 ||BGG |
|Cities of Venus ||A Euro Board Game where players establish floating cities in the clouds of Venus before contact is lost with Earth ||1048 ||CA$112,269.59 (561%) in 26 days ||2023-05-31 ||Kickstarter 2‑6 players age 8+ 45-90 min. ||💰🌳 ||BGG |
|Warzone Eternal ||An officially-licensed skirmish miniatures game set in the techno-fantasy Mutant Chronicles universe. ||727 ||$140,963.00 (201%) in 26 days ||2023-06-01 ||Kickstarter 2 players age 12+ ||💰 ||BGG |
|Chiefdom: a Worker Placement Roll & Write Game ||A single sheet, 3 dice, much fun ||702 ||€2,307.00 (2307%) in 13 days ||2023-05-31 ||Kickstarter 1‑6 players age 8+ 30 min. ||💰🌱 ||BGG |
|disrupt ||Become Silicon Valley's new Unicorn Startup! A fully asymmetric economic board game with worker placement and card-driven mechanics! ||547 ||€19,384.00 (242%) in 12 days ||2023-06-02 ||Kickstarter 1‑4 players age 14+ 50-90 min. ||🎉💰🌱 ||BGG |
|Gettysburg 1863 ||Volume IV in Worthington's Civil War Brigade Series. Refight the battle of Gettysburg on the largest mounted board we have ever made. ||468 ||$53,665.00 (2881%) in 13 days ||2023-06-03 ||Kickstarter 1‑2 players age 13+ 120-600 min. ||💰🌳 ||BGG |
|Holy Guacamole ||A church game for party people. ||462 ||$28,974.00 (232%) in 26 days ||2023-06-01 ||Kickstarter ||💰 || |
|Roll and Control ||Conquer the land in this roll and write game. Area control board game in print and play format. ||422 ||€2,893.00 (1447%) in 20 days ||2023-05-29 ||Kickstarter 1‑4 players age 10+ 20-45 min. ||💰 ||BGG |
|Unhappy Campers: Camping has never been so miserable! ||A strategic and sarcastic camping-themed card game where players race to build campsites and roast other campers! ||386 ||$14,327.00 (260%) in 40 days ||2023-06-02 ||Kickstarter 2‑6 players age 12+ 30-60 min. ||💰🌱 ||BGG |
|Drakerion TCG ||Dark Fantasy Trading Card Game - Join us on Discord https://discord.gg/EhSCqCfvcC ||335 ||€137,191.00 (343%) in 30 days ||⚠️ 2023-05-28 ||Kickstarter ||💰🌱 || |
|One Page Space ||Print one page at home and start the game. You have to defeat the alien armada that has invaded the Earth colonies ||322 ||$2,318.90 (232%) in 24 days ||2023-06-02 ||Kickstarter 1 player age 8+ 15-40 min. ||💰 ||BGG |
|18Rhl-Rhineland ||Cross the Rhine with railway lines and run the Rheingolg-Express for maximum profit! ||289 ||€22,053.00 (88%) in 15 days ||2023-06-02 ||Kickstarter 3‑6 players age 14+ 240 min. || ||BGG |
|Lindyhop the Card Game ||A cooperative card game for two people about swing dancing. ||252 ||NZ$11,079.42 (170%) in 30 days ||⚠️ 2023-05-28 ||Kickstarter ||💰🌱 || |
|Personal Preference - Updated Edition ||An update on the wildly popular 1980's 'how well do you really know each other?' party game, by original creator Don Carlston ||228 ||$27,339.00 (109%) in 28 days ||2023-06-01 ||Kickstarter 2‑16 players 40 min. ||💰🌱 ||BGG |
|Premium Card Sleeves ||Premium card sleeves for your board games with the best price. Each pack per 1 euro, easy! ||203 ||€11,339.00 (756%) in 33 days ||2023-06-02 ||Kickstarter ||💰🌱 || |
|Havoc! The Combat Card Game ||A fast-paced cards-and-dice game of medieval combat. ||202 ||$20,372.71 (204%) in 26 days ||2023-06-01 ||Kickstarter 1‑10 players age 14+ 20-120 min. ||💰 ||BGG |
|Al Chile-Balconea a tus amigos ||El juego perfecto para balconear a tus amigos y saber que piensan en realidad de ti. ||198 ||MX$218,896.80 (116%) in 33 days ||2023-06-03 ||Kickstarter ||💰🌱 || |
|"RustBots - The Robot Building Card Game" ||"RustBots" is a turn-based strategy card game for 2 to 6 players. Compete against your friends to become the ultimate engineer! ||192 ||$15,680.00 (105%) in 26 days ||2023-06-01 ||Kickstarter 2‑6 players age 8+ 30-60 min. ||💰🌱 ||BGG |
|Which Craft? - A fast-paced game of deduction and bluffing. ||Players must capture an evil Witch before she can gather enough potions to unleash a terrible curse upon the village! ||157 ||$7,912.00 (132%) in 26 days ||2023-06-01 ||Kickstarter 4‑7 players age 10+ 10-30 min. ||💰🌱 ||BGG |
|ORAO - Oint Generation ||Be the leader of the new mankind in this 1vs1 card game. Manage resources on a checkered gamefield to survive. Your choices are crucial ||155 ||€11,038.69 (1104%) in 39 days ||2023-05-31 ||Kickstarter ||💰 || |
|Tablut | ancient Norse board game + 4 more historic games ||A classic Viking game of siege and escape and 4 other "large-format" Peg Pastimes games. ||129 ||$10,146.00 (254%) in 23 days ||2023-06-04 ||Kickstarter 2 players age 8+ 45 min. ||💰 ||BGG |
|KINGS of ROME ||Lead Rome to its eternal glory in this historical boardgame ||121 ||€7,809.00 (156%) in 24 days ||2023-06-03 ||Kickstarter 1‑4 players age 10+ 180-360 min. ||💰 ||BGG |
|9th Circle: a Diabolical 2-5p game of Take-That Area Control ||Take your place as a Demon Lord vying for the favor of Malacoda while you fight for control of the realms! ||86 ||$4,560.00 (152%) in 12 days ||2023-06-02 ||Kickstarter 2‑5 players age 14+ 60 min. ||🎉💰 ||BGG |
New this week (21)
|Name ||Description ||Backers ||Pledged ||Ends ||Information ||Tags ||BGG |
|Carson City Big Box ||The Carson City Big Box edition is a complete collection of everything that Carson City ever offered, all expansions and an all new solo mode are included. ||1359 ||€121,782.00 (304%) in 5 days ||2023-06-14 || Gamefound 1‑6 players 120 min. Area Control ||💰🔥🌱 || |
|Age of Steam Deluxe Expansion Volume IV + Acrylic Track Tiles ||A fourth Expansion Volume for Age of Steam Deluxe plus accessory Acrylic Track tiles. ||1121 ||$123,242.73 (548%) in 3 days ||2023-06-09 || Gamefound 1‑6 players 120 min. ||🎉💰🔥 || |
|The Medusa Report ||A thrilling tabletop puzzle adventure about a missing spy, a nuclear physicist and Cold War family secrets. ||687 ||€47,014.00 (392%) in 5 days ||2023-06-20 ||Kickstarter 1‑5 players age 14+ 100-240 min. ||🎉💰 ||BGG |
|RUSE - INSTINCTS OF THE DEN ||Fox-themed Euro-style strategy game. Unique design with worker placement, territories exploration, resource and dice management. ||566 ||CA$58,273.29 (216%) in 5 days ||2023-06-15 ||Kickstarter 2‑4 players age 12+ 50-100 min. ||💰🌱 ||BGG |
|Murder on the Moon: An immersive puzzle adventure. ||Escape room in a box that combines puzzles, technology and a thrilling story to help you solve a murder... ON THE MOON!! ||479 ||£30,639.00 (306%) in 6 days ||2023-06-22 ||Kickstarter 8‑24 players age 18+ ||💰🌳 ||BGG |
|McBaron - Bravery in the Sky ||An action-packed solo Print and Play Wargame. Fly over the battlefield, accomplish missions, and prove your bravery! ||432 ||€1,827.00 (1827%) in 6 days ||2023-06-09 ||Kickstarter 1‑2 players age 12+ 20-30 min. ||💰 ||BGG |
|SlackJack - A Pirate Game of Bluffing and Deception ||A 10-minute game of blackjack and social deduction for 4-8 players! ||362 ||$8,961.00 (179%) in 5 days ||2023-06-10 ||Kickstarter 4‑8 players age 10+ 10-20 min. ||🎉💰🌳 ||BGG |
|El Burro: A La Granja Game ||El Burro is a new standalone game where you are developing your farm but have to move your goods to the port of Palma. The game uses multi-purpose cards and dice-drafting like La Granja. ||281 ||€22,743.00 (91%) in 2 days ||2023-06-11 || Gamefound 1‑4 players age 12+ 75-150 min. Card Game Dice Game || ||BGG |
|『ゾンビサイド2.0』 日本語版 ||現代版ゾンビサイドの第２版が、日本語版になってついに登場！ 高品質のフィギュアと、遊びやすくなったルールを、拡張セットと共にお届けします New Japanese Edition. This project is only available in Japan. ||259 ||¥11,939,509 (1194%) in 6 days ||2023-06-07 ||Kickstarter ||🎉💰🌱 || |
|Thunder Rolls: The Garage Expansion ||More mayhem, cars and fun for the Thunder Rolls game by Richard Launius ||214 ||$14,770.00 (369%) in 5 days ||2023-06-07 ||Kickstarter 1‑8 players age 8+ 20-60 min. ||💰🌳 ||BGG |
|Loam ||Loam is a set-matching strategy game about building healthy soils. You are a plant, who for obvious reasons is into that sort of thing. You also have a lot more power and agency over your environment than humans often give you credit for. Sculpt the soil’s weird and wonderful biodiversity to assembl… ||162 ||$8,288.77 (83%) in 5 days ||2023-07-01 || Gamefound 1‑4 players age 12+ 15-40 min. Card Game || ||BGG |
|Go Ahead Punk! ||A One-vs-All hidden movement board game inspired by classic 70s cop cinema. ||152 ||£10,406.00 (110%) in 5 days ||2023-06-22 ||Kickstarter 1‑4 players age 12+ 60-90 min. ||💰🌱 ||BGG |
|Rainbow Puppy Poopy Party ||The game that gets you talking, laughing, moving–in a different way every time you play. ||143 ||$7,603.00 (152%) in 5 days ||2023-06-22 ||Kickstarter ||💰🌱 || |
|Overlords: In Training ||Survive, outlast, and outwit your enemies long enough to take on the Boss and become the next Overlord! ||131 ||$9,097.00 (45%) in 5 days ||2023-06-27 ||Kickstarter ||🌱 || |
|A new collection of 3 Print and Play games ||A new great collection of 3 Print and Play, Roll and Write games ||115 ||€817.00 (817%) in 3 days ||2023-06-20 ||Kickstarter ||💰🌳 || |
|Realms Of Enchantment ||Experience the epic battle in a solo, co-op, or competitive combat adventure with a series of challenges to defeat the dark force. ||114 ||€10,122.00 (228%) in 5 days ||2023-06-22 ||Kickstarter 1‑6 players age 13+ 60-180 min. ||💰🌱 ||BGG |
|Hard Level ||From the computer screen to roll and write gaming experience ||107 ||€864.00 (864%) in 6 days ||2023-06-12 ||Kickstarter 1 player age 10+ 15-30 min. ||💰 ||BGG |
|Escape Family Box ||Experience the real-time, frantic board game in this Anniversary Edition! ||74 ||€6,126.00 (123%) in 4 days ||2023-06-03 ||Kickstarter 1‑5 players age 8+ 10 min. ||💰🌳 ||BGG |
|Blank Me. ||An outlandish and easy to play party game! Fill in the blanks for your friends, then perform a monologue filled in for you! 17+ ||72 ||CA$4,774.29 (48%) in 4 days ||2023-06-15 ||Kickstarter 4‑99 players age 17+ 10 min. ||🌱 ||BGG |
|Anima Mundi - A Fantasy Board Game of Magic and War ||Strategy, simplified. ||23 ||$3,987.00 (30%) in 1 days ||2023-06-26 ||Kickstarter 2‑4 players age 12+ 30-120 min. || ||BGG |
Notable filtered projects (9)
|Name ||Description ||Backers ||Pledged ||Ends ||Information ||Tags |
|Knave RPG: Second Edition ||The Questing Beast toolkit for creating and running sandbox campaigns packed into a lean, beautiful hardback. ||9308 ||$558,985.20 (5590%) in 26 days ||2023-06-01 ||Kickstarter ||💰🔥 |
|Tales of the Valiant RPG: Launching Black Flag Roleplaying ||The heart of 5th Edition: core rules for high fantasy games, including a Monster Vault and a Player's Guide to power your campaign! ||6125 ||$749,202.00 (749%) in 5 days ||2023-06-24 ||Kickstarter ||💰🔥🌳 |
|Shuffle Up & Play: Season 2 ||Help us bring Shuffle Up & Play to the next level! ||2927 ||$241,539.69 (372%) in 3 days ||2023-06-23 ||Kickstarter ||💰🔥 |
|Kinks and Cantrips ||A 5e source book focused on exploring yourself and learning about kink. ||2545 ||$44,006.00 (8801%) in 58 days ||2023-05-30 ||Kickstarter ||💰🌱 |
|The Last Spell - The Board Game ||Fight shoulder to shoulder with your friends in this exciting and innovative coop 1-4 player rogue-like RPG with a tower defense twist! ||1987 ||€249,387.85 (249%) in 4 days ||2023-06-16 ||Kickstarter 1‑4 players age 14+ 120-150 min. ||🎉💰🔥🌳 |
|The Ultimate Game Master Screen: Customizable & Affordable ||The fully customizable, magnetic, portable and affordable game master screen for TTRPGs ||1496 ||$264,483.05 (2645%) in 3 days ||2023-06-24 ||Kickstarter ||💰🔥🌱 |
|The Emporium of Wonders 5E ||Surprise and delight your players with 400 new magic items for the world's favorite roleplaying game! ||1263 ||A$40,270.32 (2237%) in 26 days ||2023-06-01 ||Kickstarter ||💰 |
|The Mystery Flesh Pit National Park RPG ||The official tabletop RPG of the MFPNP website. ||1070 ||$55,067.00 (367%) in 26 days ||2023-06-01 ||Kickstarter ||💰🌱 |
|FILLER - Storage System for Pocket Board Games ||Elevate your gaming experience with a perfectly organized collection, created by gamers and designers ||1067 ||€79,820.00 (798%) in 5 days ||2023-06-22 ||Kickstarter ||💰🔥🌱 |
submitted by Perkelton
to boardgames [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 13:03 FelicitySmoak_ On This Day In Michael Jackson HIStory - May 28th
| || |1971 submitted by FelicitySmoak_ to MichaelJackson [link] [comments]
- The Jackson 5 play at the Spectrum (now closed - 2009) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. 1988
- Michael's duet with Stevie Wonder , "Get It", from Stevie's album Characters
peaks at #80 on the Hot 100 Chart while it was at #6 on the R&B chart 1989
- Michael was one of the few winners present at the Black Radio Exclusive awards
show at the Universal Amphitheater in Los Angeles. He was honored as the "Triple Crown Winner for Outstanding Achievement in Pop, Rock and Soul."
The elegantly laminated plaque has a black and gold edging, with purple printing on a faux-marble background, with a stylized photo image of Michael in his trademark black fedora. 1997
- His 2nd day in Poland
starts with a stop at the presidential palace where Michael is received by the first lady. In his quest for a residence in Poland, he then visits the luxury Hotel Bristol. Price for the hotel ended up being too high. He then went to the Warsaw City Hall where he signed a “preliminary letter of intent” to develop a 'Michael Jackson’s Family Entertainment Park', in the Polish capital.
“My dream is to appeal to the child that lives in the heart of every man and woman on this planet and to create something in Poland that is so unique and so unusual that it cannot be experienced in any other place", he said
The letter mentioned no price, but Jackson’s business manager, Tarak Ben Ammar, said in an interview that estimates of Jackson’s contribution range between $100 million and $300 million--modest sums by Western theme park standards. Poland would add an unknown amount.
" I would also like to tell a great truth, I have traveled all over the world six times and have been everywhere, but nowhere I liked it more than in Poland. A visit to Poland is the fulfillment of my childhood dreams...."
He shops at the Kidiland toy store, reportedly in the amount of $670,000. He then goes to the children's hospital
, with his arms loaded with gifts.
Next he takes a helicopter to Lubiaz, in order to see Cistercian Abbey of Lubiaz, wich he also planned to purchase. Accompanied by Professor Marek Kwiatkowski, who guided him during his visit, Michael spends 45 minutes marveling at the Baroque architecture and the relics. He'll even try a little "heehee" in the middle of the Hall des Princes to test the acoustics! Michael, who wanted to settle in Poland, already saw himself owning this old building, despite the millions of dollars in restoration to be expected.
In the evening, he flies to Bremen, Germany where in three days he will begin the 2nd leg of his HIStory Tour.
The plans to build the amusement park at a nearby military airport won approval from state officials in February 1998. Michael asks for sketches to be drawn up for the proposed theme parks, however, following the project’s approval and a huge hiatus, the army owning the airport does not agree to make it available for the park. Two grounds pointed out by the government will also be denied due to local protests. The Polish government abandons this project altogether and nothing will come out of it 2004
- Santa Barbara County Superior Court Judge Rodney Melville has ordered a trial-setting conference hearing today. Thomas Mesereau, Brian Oxman & Joe Jackson go to the courthouse; Michael's appearance isn't required. They argue for a reduction in his $3-million bail and seek an order to force prosecutors to move faster in sharing evidence.
In accusing the prosecution of moving too slowly in giving the defense access to the evidence, as required by law, Mesereau said Michael's right to a fair trial was “jeopardized by the undue delay of discovery.”
“The investigation of this case involves dozens of, if not over 100 witnesses, voluminous documents and expert examination on a variety of topics,” Jackson’s lawyers wrote. “The defense needs ample time to conduct follow-up witness interviews, locate and interview rebuttal witnesses and conduct its own forensic examinations, among other things.”
Prosecutors have responded that they have turned over vast amounts of evidence already and are processing the information they have as quickly as possible. They also are strongly resisting an attempt by Mesereau to substantially reduce Jackson’s bail on grounds that it is much higher than the bail for other defendants facing similar charges.
The bail-reduction request notes that Jackson has no prior record, arrests or convictions & that he has fully complied with all conditions of his release on bail, including attending court when ordered.
“Mr. Jackson’s ties to this community are substantial,” the defense motion states. “The record reveals that Mr. Jackson is not a flight risk or a danger to the community. It is also apparent that Mr. Jackson intends to confront and vigorously defend rather than evade the allegations in this case.”
Though Mesereau noted that Santa Barbara County’s bail schedule calls for bail of about $135,000 for the conspiracy and molestation charges in the grand jury complaint, prosecutors oppose the request on grounds that Jackson is a flight risk and that his wealth should be a factor in retaining high bail.
Melville said early in the proceedings that he hoped a trial could begin before the end of this year, but legal experts and many criminal lawyers predicted that would be impossible.
September 13 is set as the date for the trial to begin
On another legal front, Janet Arvizo filed a claim against county child protection officials accusing them of moving too slowly in investigating leaks to the media that were helpful to Jackson’s defense.
Before a psychiatrist who had examined Gavin told Santa Barbara County officials that the child had been molested, Welfare officials had interviewed the family after Living With Michael Jackson
aired in early 2003
A memo written by authorities after Jackson’s arrest said the family had denied any sexual abuse. The memo was subsequently released on a website.
Attorney Larry R. Feldman, representing the Arvizos, said he filed the claim, a necessary step before a lawsuit, to force county officials to speedily conclude their investigation to ensure that such a breach of confidentiality “will never occur again to another innocent child.” 2006
visited a Tokyo orphanage
and told a group of 140 excited children "I love you" in Japanese. Michael's van was swarmed by 100+ fans as he arrived. Inside the Seibi Gakuen children's home, he watched a performance of traditional music and dance by the children before speaking briefly on stage. He later shook hands and signed autographs for the children.
Michael's children and Grace visited with the children on this tour of the Japanese orphanage.
"I look forward to seeing old friends and saying hello to my huge fan base in Japan who, like my other fans around the world, have for so many years consistently shown their love and support to me and my family."- MJ
"Everyone couldn't believe such a big international star was visiting us," said Kiyoko Mito, headmistress of the Christian-run school. "The children only believed me after seeing the news yesterday that Michael Jackson was actually in Japan," she said 2009
- Having not heard from AEG regarding his salary, Conrad Murray sent another email to AEG & receives a response from Tim Wooley
- Jackson v AEG Trial Day 18
Katherine, Janet, Rebbie and Randy Jackson are in court. Only one of the siblings was allowed in the courtroom as they are potential witnesses. Janet accompanied Katherine during morning session while Rebbie was with her during the afternoon session. Paul Gongaware Testimony Jackson direct
Paul Gongaware is one of the defendants in the case. He's an adverse witness called by the plaintiffs. Gongaware is Co-CEO of Concerts West, part of AEG Live. Gongaware has toured with Beach Boys, Led Zeppelin and is currently on tour with The Rolling Stones. He worked for Jerry Weintraub in the 80s
He produced Prince's tour in 2004. He has not promoted/produced tours since. Gongaware has not talked to Prince after the tour
Gongaware was a CPA licensed in NY and Washington. He said he believes he's still licensed but hasn't checked status since there's no need
Gongaware testified that landing Jackson, whom he felt was the biggest artist of his era, was huge for AEG. In a 2008 email to AEG Live President and Chief Executive Randy Phillips, Gongaware described how the company should approach Jackson and his manager about a possible comeback tour:
We need to start at the fundamentals. How we do it. The difference between [Live Nation] and us is huge. We are artist-based, they are Wall Street-driven. We are smart people. We are completely honest and transparent with everything we do. That's how [founder] Phil [Anschutz] wants it
Gongaware said he worked on an Elvis Presley tour. Panish asked if Elvis died of drug overdose, and Gongaware said "Yes". Gongaware replied to a condolences' email on July 5, 2009:
I was working on the Elvis tour when he died, so I kind of knew what to expect. Still quite a shock
"So you knew what to expect when Michael Jackson passed away, is that right, sir?", Brian Panish asked.
"I kind of knew what was going to happen, yes",Gongaware answered.
Despite working as a tour promoter for 37 years -- including for Led Zeppelin, the Grateful Dead and many others -- Gongaware testified that the only artist he ever knew that was using drugs on tour was Rick James
Panish asked about working for Jackson 5, Gongaware said had no interaction with Michael. Gongaware was a logistics manager on the Dangerous tour in 92-93. Panish said Michael made $100 million and donated it to charity. Gongaware said he didn't know
When Gongaware met Jackson was with Colonel Parker (Elvis' manager) in Las Vegas. Michael had wanted to meet the Colonel
Gongaware explained the difference between being tour manager and managing the tour. He talked about Michael's History tour
Panish: "You knew that Michael had been to rehab during the dangerous tour?"
Gongaware: "Yes, based on the statement he made after the tour"
Gongaware said he never knew MJ was involved with drugs until after the end of the Dangerous tour. Gongaware told LAPD he was aware of Jackson's previous use of pills/painkillers but did not want to get involved. Gongaware had known for years that Michael Jackson was taking painkillers but wasn't aware he was abusing them until MJ abruptly canceled his Dangerous world tour in the early 1990s to enter rehab. Gongaware said he knew of "two occasions" when Michael used painkillers between shows, but he claimed he didn't grasp the scope of the Michael's sickness until the taped 1993 announcement. "I would dispute knowing that he had a problem. I wasn't aware that there were problems", Gongaware said
Gongaware said he knew a doctor was medicating Jackson during the Dangerous tour but did not find out why the tour was eventually cut short. "Didn't have time,I was just dealing with what was in front of me", he said
Panish said Dr. Finkelstein testified under oath that Gongaware knew Michael had problems with painkillers before the Dangerous tour ended.
Panish: "Do you dispute that?" (Finkelstein testimony)
Gongaware: "I knew that he had pain"
Gongaware said Dr. Finkelstein is his doctor and friend and that they talk off and on, but he doesn't know specifics of the doctor's deposition. Dr. Finkelstein said he gave MJ painkillers after the concert in Bangkok following Michael's scalp surgery. In Gongaware's video deposition:
"Did you ever ask Dr. Finkelstein if he treated Michael during the Dangerous tour?"
"He wouldn't take about that stuff"
Another part of Gongaware's video depo: He said yes, he "occasionally treated Michael Jackson on the Dangerous tour"
Panish: "Were you always honest with Michael?"
Gongaware: "I believe I was"
Panish: "Did you throw around numbers to trick Michael Jackson?"
Gongaware: "I didn't try to trick Michael"
Panish elicited contradictory testimony asking over and over about Gongaware's memory, how long he spent with lawyers to discuss testimony.
On the Bad Tour MJ sold out 10 stadiums at 75,000 tickets per night.
Panish: "That's a pretty big number?"
Panish: "In 2 hours, how many tickets sold?"
Gongaware: "In initial presale we sold 31 shows"
Panish: "The fastest you had ever seen?"
"No one knows how many shows we can get with Mikey," said Gongaware. Panish asked about name "Mikey" - he said he used it occasionally
Email on 2/27/09 from Gongaware to Phillips:
We are holding all of the risk, if Michael won't approve it we go without his approval.We let Mikey know just what it will cost him in terms of him making money, and then we go with or without him in London. We cannot be forced into stopping this, which Michael will try to do because he is lazy and constantly changes his mind to fit his immediate wants.
Gongaware said his use "Mikey" was affectionate, not disparaging, and that the 'lazy' crack amounted to "poor choice of words" but one that accurately reflected how Michael "really didn't like to rehearse. He didn't like to do these kinds of things."
"People were aware at this point there would be a press conference. Michael wouldn't show up at the conference, it'd cost money," Gongaware said. "It wasn't much risk at all, we hadn't spent money," Gongaware said about that point of the tour. This was prior to news conference.
Gongaware said the situation in London, where they constantly referred to Michael as "Wacko Jacko" would impact marketability to sell tickets
"He doesn't want to do this kind of things, but it was important to show Michael to the world if he wanted to do a show," Gongaware explained
Jurors were shown several e-mails from Gongaware that Jackson lawyers suggested were evidence that AEG Live deliberately misled Jackson about how much money he would make from his comeback concerts and how many days he would have to rest between shows. Gongaware wrote to his boss, AEG Live President Randy Phillips, that they should present gross ticket sales numbers to Jackson, not the percentage of the net profits, during contract talks.
"Maybe gross is a better number to throw around if we use numbers with Mikey listening"
Panish talked about an email Gongaware sent to his secretary suggesting that she design a concert calendar for Jackson using light tan colors for show dates, while drawing attention to his rest days
Don't want the shows to stand out too much when Michael looks at it.Less contrast between work and off. Maybe off days in a contrasting soft color. Put 'OFF' in each off day after July 8, as well. Figure it out so it looks like he's not working so much.
Panish: "Did you want to change the color of the schedule to show Michael would not be working so hard?"
Panish: "Were you trying to fool him?"
Gongaware: "Nah, I wasn't trying to fool him, I wanted to present it in the best possible light"
Gongaware said it would be obvious when Michael would be working and not and he wasn't trying to trick him.
Email on 3/25/09 from Phillips to Gongaware:
"We need to pull the plug now. I will explain"
Panish: "Mr. Phillips wanted to pull the plug on the show, right sir?"
Gongaware: "I think he was referring to pull the plug on Karen Faye. We never talked about pulling the plug on the tour. Not that I recall"
"Kenny wanted the pull because the way she (Faye) handled situations," Gongaware explained. "She tried to control access to Michael and Kenny didn't like that"
Karen Faye expressed strong opinion that the tour as dangerous and impractical for MJ. Panish asked about a chain of emails where Gongaware said the pulling the plug refers to Ms. Faye. "I believe he was," Gongaware repeated.
In another March 25, 2009, email, Ortega wrote Gongaware that it was Faye's "strong opinion that this is dangerous and impractical with consideration to Michael's health and ability to perform.".
"I thought he was in good shape at the press conference, I was there," Gongaware said at the deposition. Gongaware was at O2 arena and Phillips was with Michael.
"Michael was late, Randy [Phillips] was saying I'm trying to get him going, I'm trying to get him going".
Panish: "Did Randy tell you MJ was drunk and despondent?"
Gongaware: "No, not drunk and despondent. Just said he was having hard time getting him going"
As to Dr. Conrad Murray, Gongaware said there was 1 rehearsal he said hello to him.
"It was basically a hello, on the floor at the Forum. Mikey asked me to retain him. I never hired him"
Panish played an interview of Phillips to SkyTV after Michael died:
"The guy is willing 2 leave his practice for large sum of money, so we hired him"
"I was told Michael wanted him as his doctor for the show," Gongaware said. Gongaware said Michael did not have any illness that he knew of.
Gongaware: "He had taken a physical, he passed the physical and from what I understand there was nothing wrong with him. Maybe some hay fever"
Panish: "Do you know what his blood test showed?"
Gongaware: "It showed it was good"
Gongaware said he received an email from Bob Taylor that everything was fine and that Michael had passed the physical. Gongaware said he never saw the results of the tests and doesn't know who saw them.
Panish showed video deposition of Gongaware and a declaration he signed about a month before giving the deposition. They contradict themselves.At first, Gongaware insisted he did no negotiating with Murray, but, confronted with emails and his previous testimony, he changed his position and said, "The only thing I did with Dr. Murray was negotiate a price." Gongaware said that neither he nor anyone at the AEG investigated Murray's background or credentials
Panish: "First you said how much did you want?"(to Dr. Murray)
Panish: "He said he wanted $5 million, right?"
Gongaware: "That's what he said. He said he had four clinics he would have to close, he would have to lay people off"
Gongaware said Dr. Murray had been Michael's personal doctor for the past 3 years. He said he did not know how many times MJ had seen the doctor. "Michael insisted on him, recommended him, and that was good enough for me, it was not for me to tell him who his doctor should be" Gongaware said
"The fact that he had been Michael Jackson's personal physician for three years was good enough for me," Gongaware said.
He said that Murray initially asked for $5 million to travel to London with Jackson and tend to him during the tour. "I just told him it wasn't going to happen," he said, recalling that Jackson then suggested offering him $150,000 a month. "Michael Jackson insisted on it and recommended him and it was not for me to tell him no," said Gongaware. "I wanted to provide what was necessary for him to do his job...He wanted a doctor and I wanted him to be healthy." Even after the offer of $150,000, Murray wasn't satisfied. "He started saying he wanted more and I said, 'The offer is coming directly from the artist," Gongaware said. Minutes later, he said Murray accepted.
"Did that seem desperate to you?" asked Panish.
"No," said Gongaware. "He just accepted Michael's offer."
"We agreed on what the compensation was going to be, but there were a lot of issues to be resolved," Gongaware said. Gongaware said he recalled meeting with Dr. Murray where he was told the doctor was going to take care of the medical licensing in London. Gongaware and Timm Wooley are longtime friends. They are currently working on The Rolling Stones tour. Gongaware said he negotiated the price for Dr. Murray, but didn't negotiate the contract. Gongaware explained that he didn't do the negotiation, he would normally refer that to Wooley.
Dr. Finkelstein and Gongaware have been friends for 35-plus years. Gongaware said he never offered Dr. Finkelstein the job of being MJ's doctor and said the doctor would be mistaken if he testified otherwise. Gongaware told the jury he called Dr. Finkelstein to ask what a fair price for a tour doctor would be. Doctor told him it was $10,000/week. As to Dr. Finkelstein wanting to be the tour doctor, Gongaware said he didn't recall specifically, but knew he wanted it."After his death we may have talked, but I don't recall specifics," Gongaware said. Gongaware said he sees Dr. Finkelstein a few times a year, but the subject of Michael never came up. Panish asked Gongaware if Dr. Finkelstein wanted to know if Michael was clean or using drugs. Gongaware said he didn't recall the conversation
Panish asked: "You could have told Dr. Murray at any time that his services were no longer needed, couldn't you?"
"No", Gongaware replied.
Panish: "You were involved in terminating one of the nannies who took care of Michael's kids?"
Gongaware told nanny, Grace Rwamba, that her services would not be needed anymore because AEG was cutting down on Michael's expenses
"I never read the contract, I was there when Michael signed it, but didn't see what was in it," Gongaware said, "Doctor Murray was 100% Michael's cost" Based on the contract, Gongaware said 95% of the production expenses were Michael's responsibility, 5% AEG.
Panish: "Who decided there was a need for a written contract with Dr. Murray?"
Gongaware: "I don't know"
Gongaware said that if the tour went forward, Dr. Murray would've made $1.5 million for 10 months. Ortega would've made almost that.
Gongaware said although AEG never did a background check on Murray, in his view they had "checked out" the doctor according to their standard practices. "When we check out someone, we either rely on if we know the person or if they're known in the industry or if they're recommended by the artist & in this case, Dr. Murray was recommended by the artist, in fact, the artist insisted"
Panish pressed Gongaware:
"You did nothing to verify anything about Dr. Murray, isn't that true, sir?"
Panish asked Gongaware if he approved budgets for April-July including Dr. Murray as production expense. He said he didn't know which budgets he approved. "It's my job to get that show on the road," Gongaware said.
Gongaware said he had to know how much the production had spent at any given time, but didn't have time to read the budget.
Panish: "Do you think you're good at your job, sir?"
Panish: "Very good?"
Gongaware: "I think so"
Gongaware testified that he didn't pay attention to the tour budgets that he approved, even though he was the tour manager.Paul Gongaware said he didn't read through the budgets, instead trusting that the tour accountant knew what he was talking about.
Gongaware testified that Dr. Murray's salary, although included in the company's budget for several months, wasn't something he saw as an actual payment that would be made. "If there's a potential for cost we put it in our budget so there are no surprises later", he said.
Gongaware often pleaded poor memory of events. He said he may have met with Jackson as many as 10 times, but could remember only two of the meetings and only one when Murray was present
Gongaware said he doesn't remember how many meetings he attended at Carolwood house. He didn't recall a meeting where a vase was broken. "There was a meeting where he signed the contract," Gongaware recalled, saying there were more but he doesn't remember specifics. At the meeting in early June, Gongaware said he was present along with Kenny, Randy, Frank DiLeo, Dr. Murray and Michael. "The meeting was about making sure Michael and Dr. Murray had everything they needed to care for Michael," Gongaware explained.
"Yes, we did talk about health-related issues. It was more a general meeting about what Dr. Murray would need", Gongaware said. He had told the police the topic of the meeting was Jackson's overall health ( i.e., diet, stamina and his weight)
He remembered that Jackson arrived late from a doctor's appointment and had slurred speech. Gongaware said Michael Jackson "was a bit off". "He was just coming back from visiting Dr. Klein. I believe he was under the influence of something. That was the only time I saw him like that", Gongaware said.
Jackson had missed a rehearsal and was thought to be dancing at home. However they discovered he was only watching video. Doctor Murray was receptive to their concerns and indicated he would take care of the situation Court Transcript
2023.05.28 12:04 Electrical-Ad1820 Let's talk about: Balance ⚖️
So recently I made a post asking about Lance because it's a very polarizing weapon, which makes it perfect testing grounds to reaffirm what I know about balance.
WARNING THIS IS A LONG POST
What is balanced, And how it's mostly emotions. So gameplay balance is less about what really is actually technically balanced, and more about emotions, and yes, emotions aren't based on facts but video games provide us nothing but a vector for emotion (ideally to have bloody fun) so balance can sometimes take less of a logical and factual approach and more about making it "appear" balanced to the players.
Okay what does the italicized and quotation "appear" mean, sure it's not based on facts and logic but what else is there? well for that I want to give a example:
It's one thing to make the game balanced by having two guys fighting eachother with the same strengths and weaknesses and a perfectly symmetrical stage, but it becomes a different story when one character moves faster, the other does more damage, and give both of them different weapons on a stage that can be asymmetrical and still make that "appear" or feel fair.
This is what game balance really is, the goal is to make the game fun and feel fair, so it doesn't necessarily mean actual balance, because by the nature of changing characters from one another we create a inbalanced situation where one will be stronger than the other in one situation or another. Thus balance often is less about actual balance but to align with the player as much as possible to reduce the frustration associated with the game. This often means that balancing for a person can mean their emotions and opinions can be formed outside of the games actual balance.
What's fair is abstract and emotions aren't the only way to judge balance Okay so change everything so no one is upset, nerf weapons that a bunch of people on discord and reddit scream are op, right?
No, not only because that's a strawman that I set up for a Segway but because in a game where different weapons characterss and stages exist there will always be a imbalance, for many reasons, it's not really possible to quantify the value of range and control and transfer it into damage and frames, and that if a weapon has it's own identity the identity that it has will naturally conflict with another weapons identity in either a disadvantageous or advantageous way.
And of course there's problem I want to talk about, even in situations where it usually feels balanced, there will always be situations where it feels like... Well absolute shite, and that's just how we are we don't like losing for the most part, no matter how balanced the fight was, and we can't fight that part of people really. So we can't mindlessly follow emotions wherever they lead us because
git gud, mad cuz bad, etc. It's really important thing to note is that despite the idea that a side of balancing a game is basically working with, or around abstract feelings rather than empirical balance, sometimes we have to acknowledge that there sometimes is what the lads call "A skill issue" and this is also abstract since skill basically has to be developed, and too many times someone just doesn't want to develop certain skills. But it's important not to too quickly assume it's a "skill issue."
When is it not a Skill issue? Now considering I mentioned Lance earlier let's use it for a example, if you're saying Lance's neutral and side air have too much drift,, that's fine you're critiquing the actual balance
Or if you want to say there's no consistent punishing moves that you can safely do against boots, there's too little that most weapons can do in general without immediately being at disadvantage against boots, or that at best the weapon can be frustrating to fight. That's also fine, you're critiquing both Actual Balance and how the balance feels.
It's one thing to acknowledge these situations weapons, signatures, and legends, talk about them even in a emotionally charged way (with a lot of salt.)
But then there's situations where a brat, playing whatever pro won on last tournament, runs into Yumiko or Arcadia down sigs, and get punished, 8 to 9 times them at the end of the game say some spastic shite about how trap sigs ruined Brawlhalla, when in reality this is a "Skill Issue "
Of course this "skill issue" argument should still be used sparingly since at a certain level people who play videogames casually probably don't have the time to dedicate to mastery of niche systems or combos like... Fucking I don't know the "Dante's explosive Outback Steakhouse Fox Diarrhea Inferno" (A Yumiko specific 9 hit variation on the russian mafia that's only available if you run her Dex Stance started by her BOW Dsig ending using a hammer NSig, and requires using a preasure mine and a boomerang, that requires 6 frame perfect inputs only able to be done on apocalypse*)
*This is not a real combo... Unless one of you Yumiko mains can get a clip and post it on here.
At a certain level we need to understand that in general not every player should be expected to compete with something at the same level as pros or house husbands, this means that at a certain level if something that doesn't impact high level play can still be nerfed.
give it a weakness in return for it's strength Generally speaking in multi player games it's important to understand that when balancing a character, item, weapon, or shindig-whatchamacallit, that it's usually with the context you're also balancing for someone they're fighting against as well, you're effectively pandering both sides at once, and so you have to make trade offs and stronger or weaker tools/functions, unfortunately this means occasionally you have to pick out situations (indirectly) where one set of tools have niche or specific use cases, which means that if a legend like Ember repeatedly makes mistakes and overusing bow DSig for some reason and gets hit that she should be fairly punished for these mistakes in return for her impressive weapons, and high stats, and that in it's intended situations bow DSig is applying a really strong spike.
Give it's strength a weakness for it's strength. Of course this doesn't mean that because something has one or two weaknesses, that their strengths can't be too strong, even if only in a way that "Appears" too strong rather than imperically strong or weak.
Just because Blasters doesn't have a diagonal moves or a move that hits when they're being stacked on, from the ground that something else couldn't be too strong (I don't know for sure but blasters seem to be in a good spot from my POV) and this often leads to people who will almost exclusively talk about the weaknesses of a frustrating weapon and ignore it's strengths, like Scythe at one point had it's hay day and was basically the "Meta" weapon, despite it's weakness of a lack of stacking control, and hard kill moves it still retained it's value amongst players like Sandstorm (and eventually everyone else + their extended family) due to it's range, speed, and strings.
The opposite can happen On the other end we can get situations where characters like Xull, Thea, and Magyar come to pass, where they are built around one strength and that strength only, and so logically buffing anything else in their kit can possibly pull from their identity at best, and at worst make them overpowered, but if the strength they have isn't cutting it and buffing that won't be good you might choose another aspect than their gimmick to be buffed.
If something doesn't work after that much tinkering, you might want to change it completely Other times a legend or weapon could be in a spot where if They're good they're too good, if they're not good they're just badl, and this while not always a problem especially for concepts that's weaknesses and strengths are extreme such as high attack and defense for low Dextirity and speed being the weakness and counter to their goal, other times such as weapons, and if theyre use quite literally everything in their kit buffed with another being nerfed often considered a soft rework rather than a complete rework (think gauntlets vs cannon) other times even taking a subtle approach won't work and thus you need to rebuild the weapon from the ground up.
Conclusion In the end balance will always be hectic and the ideas of balance will always be met by someone who doesn't like it, ideally it's to find as few of these people as possible with your decisions. And that often the arguments of balance should take in consideration that balancing only for imperical reasons can leave players with weapons that are just frustrating even if they're not strong.
submitted by Electrical-Ad1820
to Brawlhalla [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 12:00 AutoModerator Weekly Reminder: Rules and FAQ - May 28, 2023 (Now with updates!)
Below you will find a weekly reminder of our Rules
and partial FAQ
. It's definitely a long read, but it's worth your time, especially if you are new to the community, or dropping by as a result of a link you found elsewhere. We periodically revise our rules, this weekly notice will help keep you informed of any changes made. NOTE: These rules are guidelines. Some moderation discretion is to be expected.
1. Kindness Matters Advise, don't criticize.
- Post with empathy, thoughtfulness, and constructive commentary rather than judgment. Don't be an asshole.
- Name-calling, slurs (including gender or race based slurs), and insults towards other community members will not be tolerated. Do not attack others for their personally held values, custody situation, marital status, physical distance from stepkids, or economic status; or on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, or ethnicity.
- No name-calling toward children, including the above-mentioned insults or the term "skids", or terms such as "mini-wife" or "mini-husband."
- Comments advocating spanking or any mention of wanting to harm children are not allowed.
- This is a support sub, not a judgement sub, assholes are not tolerated. Comments with terms used in other subs to pass judgement on assholes will be removed.
2. No Drama This is a support sub.
- Bickering, nitpicking, and thread derailment will not be tolerated and will be subject to removal at moderator discretion.
- Do not repeatedly badger a poster demanding answers, or refuse to acknowledge an answer that's already been given.
- Do not use sensitive issues from past posts (either from this sub or other subs) to attack another user, as we are all discussing vulnerable topics.
- Crossposting anything from /stepparents to any other subreddit might result in a ban and may result in the original thread being locked. Brigading our sub will result in an immediate ban.
3. Report, Don’t Rant No backseat modding.
- If you see someone breaking the rules, report the post or comment to the mods rather than engaging them in an argument. Failure to do so may be subject to comment removal at moderator discretion.
- No meta posts complaining about rude comments, DMs, or general sub issues.
- If you think someone is a troll or previously banned user, either use the report function or message the mods to direct their attention to the issue.
4. No Naming & Shaming No userpings or links.
- Tagging/pinging users or other subreddits in an attempt to bully, harass, or complain will not be tolerated. Do not tag other subs, ever.
- If you want to complain about another subreddit being hostile to stepparents, do not name the subreddit. "Other parenting/advice/judgement subs" will suffice.
5. No Platitudes Nobody knew what they were getting into.
- Comments like "You knew what you were getting into", "Love them, love their kids!", "They're a package deal!" and "You have to love them like your own!" will be removed.
- Comments suggesting that OP is not cut out for stepparenting will be removed at moderator discretion.
- Comments like "This is just a part of parenting, deal with it!" will be removed at moderator discretion.
6. No Trolling We have zero tolerance for trolls.
- This is a support sub. Our subscribers do not have the time, nor inclination, to provide support to internet trolls. Posts that are suspected to be trolling attempts will be immediately removed, and the poster banned.
- Concern trolling, devil's advocating, gish-galloping, sealioning, and general asshattery are subject to immediate removal and banning without warning or notice.
- Any attempt to circumvent the ban by creating a new username will be reported to reddit admins and possibly result in account suspension.
7. No Personally Identifiable Information Use discretion when posting.
- We highly recommend using a separate account for support subs to help prevent being doxxed. Do not post any information that may allow others to figure out your identity.
- Do not post photos of children, or any other photo that could be used to identify you or another user on the sub.
- Any image that contains a name or other identifying information should have the name or identifying information blurred out. This includes drawings, notes, and screenshots.
- Do not link to social media or any articles/blogs where you or another user on the sub is mentioned by name.
8. No More than 2 Posts per 24 hours Use the daily threads.
Remember the human.
- We are not a huge sub, but we are no longer a small sub. If you have multiple grievances to air, use the daily discussion threads instead of multiple posts.
- Adhere to the same standards of behavior online that you follow in real life.
- Read it in full here.
- Downvoting is reserved for comments that don’t contribute, and shouldn't be used to indicate disagreement.
- If you believe someone is in violation of the subreddit rules, please either use the report function or message the mods to direct their attention to the issue.
- Suspected brigading will be reported to reddit admins.
10. No Porn, Spam, Blogs, or Research Studies/Surveys Without Mod Approval Just don't.
- This is a SFW subreddit. Posting pornography will result in immediate post removal and permanent ban.
- Advertising on the subreddit (outside of Reddit's own advertising) is not allowed.
- No personal blog posts are allowed without express moderator permission.
- No advertising without prior mod approval.
- No asking for money/posting fundraisers/etc.
- For links to parenting research studies or surveys, please message the mods for permission before posting.
11. Disputes in Modmail Only Don't argue with the mods on the sub.
- Any issues specifically related to how a mod is moderating should be addressed to the full moderating team via mod mail. This ensures that all mods are aware of any concerns and prevents disintegration of the topic thread at hand.
- This means to do not message or send chat requests to individual mods. All discussion and complaints about mod actions need to be done in mod mail ONLY. Failure to follow this rule can result in an immediate permanent ban.
- Comments in threads asking about mod decisions are subject to removal without notice.
12. Moderator Actions We aren't kidding.
- Users are expected to know the rules before posting. If you are warned or banned for violating the rules, ignorance is not an excuse.
- Moderators will remove posts and comments and/or lock threads in accordance with the rules above. Typically this happens when threads have gone off-topic in a way that is not productive for the OP, or comments overall have become contentious or disrespectful.
- If a poster continues to argue or to willfully violate these rules, temporary and permanent ban procedures will be followed. Any attempts to avoid or bypass temporary bans will result in a permanent ban. User bans will not be discussed in the sub. Questions posted about user bans are subject to removal and the poster subject to warning/ban procedures. The mod team will not discuss a specific user ban with anyone other than the user involved.
- New accounts are subject to manual approval until they are no longer deemed "new" by the mod team. This helps to weed out trolls and ban evaders.
- We rely on Automoderator to scan for specific words and phrases that are not welcome here and notify the mod team to review the comment or post. This includes slurs of any type and platitudes such as "Love them as your own!"
- The mod team uses a combination of blacklisting and banning when dealing with trolls.
- We employ the use of a bot that automatically bans anyone who comments in subs that have historically harassed our users. If you are picked up by the bot for telling trolls to get fucked, reach out via mod mail and we'll get you sorted out.
- The rules above as well as ban procedures are considered guidelines only; some deviation may be necessary on a case by case basis and/or at the mod team's discretion.
13. Ban Procedure These actions are at moderator discretion.
- Pornography will result in an automatic permanent ban.
- Extremely egregious content will result in an immediate permanent ban.
- You may receive a 7 or 30 day temporary ban for first and second rule violations, depending upon severity.
- Continued rule violations will result in a permanent ban.
- Willful attempts to avoid or bypass temporary bans will result in a permanent ban.
- We recognize the reddit site-wide rules of using alt names to get around bans and will ban those as well as report them to reddit admins.
- Shortest version? Don't be an asshole. People come here for support and advice, they do not come here to be yelled at or told they are the reason everything is going sideways. There are ways to point out that someone may want to do some reflection on their own actions and reactions without being an asshole about it.
- The purpose of this subreddit is to provide support and a sense of belonging for struggling stepparents. We aren't here to pass judgement, but rather to offer support, empathy, and constructive commentary. That does not include "hard truths" or "tough love." Stepparents get enough of that in every other subreddit, we're not passing it out here. Be respectful.
- Remember, most people aren't going to come to a sub like this when everything is going great and everyone is getting along. People are coming here when they are down, when they are feeling defeated and stretched to the limit. Kicking someone when they are down is shitty behavior and we don't tolerate it.
What about being kind to the kids?
- "Won't somebody think of the children?" Pearl clutching isn't needed here. If you read the Kindness Matters rule closely, you will see that there is a clause in there about name calling children. We don't allow it. We also don't allow people rolling in telling OP that they feel sorry for their stepkids because OP is feeling overwhelmed and overloaded.
- If anyone is advocating slapping, spanking, or any other form of violence, report the comment immediately. We do not advocate violence towards children of any sort. The mod team does not advocate any sort of physical punishment at any time.
- Venting about behaviors is not the same as insulting the kids. However, if you see a post or comment where kids are being name called or dragged to the point of no return, use the report button. We try to catch the posts and remove them before they hit the sub, but we cannot see every comment without your help. Use the report button to bring problematic comments to our attention. Don't engage in a war of words on our subreddit.
Why is this sub such an echo chamber?
- Not allowing contributors to pile on and tell OP that they are a terrible human being who should never be around children does not equate to being an echo chamber. Many contributors here will offer OP suggestions to help them work through their resentments and frustrations, and the most egregious situations are called out. We simply ask that it be called out with respect.
- If you feel that a post is simply too much for you to handle without following the rules, move on to another post.
- If you believe that a post itself is crossing the rules report it. If the mod team has approved the post, it is because the mod team believes that the OP needs help from the community or needs a moment to vent and move on from their vent. That does not give you license to pile on disrespectfully. Unless it is proven that OP is a bot, assume that OP is a human being with real thoughts and feelings and has posted from a place of vulnerability.
Why can't I tell OP that they are an asshole?
- Because this isn't a judgement sub. We aren't AITA, we don't want to be AITA.
- Comments with terms like YTA, NTA, ESH, NAH will be removed.
- Don't start your posts with INFO either. We generally recognize that as a fishing attempt for more information to pass judgement on OP, and again, we are not a judgment sub.
But OP asked if they were an asshole?!
- Their post somehow got past our automoderator. Just use the report button. We will address it with OP.
- If you've asked if you are an asshole, a-hole, a*hole, a**hole, whatever, don't be surprised if your post is removed without warning. This isn't a judgment sub. If you want judgment, you know where to go.
What is a gendered slur?
- While it seems that everyone understands what racist slurs are, people struggle understanding the concept of gendered slurs. Generally speaking, we are talking about derogatory nouns or verbs that are used to negatively describe people or situations based on gendered terms.
- We've gone back and forth on this a few times, and the truth is, we get it, it's your safe space and you want to be able to vent about BM/BD how you want to vent about them, without us telling you how to vent about them. Fair enough. Vent away. What we are going to stick to here how people are referring to other users and to stepchildren.
- Examples that are not allowed:
- "My SD is such a little bitch."
- "She dresses/acts like a slut."
- "My SS acts like a pussy."
- "My SS is such a beta male."
- "You are all fucking whores."
- "Any dude who is raising some sluts kids is a cuck!"
- "Little Lord Fauntleroy over here thinking he runs the house!"
- "You're just the bangnanny, get used to it."
- Don't call users here names, don't call stepchildren names.
- Masking the term with asterisks or other neat little tricks might get you around the bot, but if we see it, we're removing it and quite possibly giving you a time out. The intended word is still there and you deliberately tried to skate the rule.
- As there is not enough space to list every term that is offensive and does not belong, nor every situation in which term or phrase may be allowable in context, this rule is enforced based on moderator discretion.
Seriously? You are the language police now?
- We're here to talk about stepparenting. And we would like for that to happen in a respectful way. Attacking each other doesn't help. Belittling stepchildren draws in trolls who don't understand your frustration, all they see is an evil stepmonster talking shit on the internet about a poor, innocent baby. Yes, even if that "poor, innocent baby" just robbed you blind and set fire to the house on their way out the door. That's just how it goes.
- We are aware that this is a relatively new rule and a lot of older posts and comments contain a lot of problematic language, including some from mods themselves. We are growing and evolving, and rules change as the sub grows and evolves.
What does No Drama really mean?
- Pretty much what it says, do not bring drama from other subs into this sub. Do not engage in vote brigades. Do not try to incite other subscribers to riot in a different sub. Don't follow posters into this sub from other subs to continue to harass them. Do not badger someone or derail threads. Do not harass community members because you don't agree with them. There's enough drama in the daily lives of subscribers, more isn't needed.
What is thread derailment?
- When a comment chain has devolved to the point where all you are doing is arguing back and forth with someone about the same thing over and over again, you have derailed the thread. Also known as bickering. It's what children do. We assume if people are in a stepparent role they are adults. We expect you to act like it.
- If you aren't a stepparent, or in a stepparenting role, consider that perhaps this subreddit isn't for you. If you want to participate, do so with respect. Thread derailment, arguing, bickering, and nitpicking are not allowed.
But what if they didn't answer my question?
- No one has to answer your questions. This is a support sub, not an inquisition. Jumping on a bandwagon with "OP is evading the question" in a 20 comment long chain is the epitome of thread derailment. You'll find more information about trolling below and how this might be considered such.
Why am I being silenced? I'm just asking for a back and forth!
- Thread derailment, badgering, and nitpicking are considered harassment. Continued harassment of either community members or mods will get you banned.
Why can't I look at someone's post history and comment about it?
- No mod in the history of this sub has ever once said post histories are forbidden. What we do frown upon is using someone's post history to attack, belittle, or otherwise harass someone.
- Example Post: "My stepkid's mom really hates me. How can I make this better?"
- Okay: "Based on the timeline and your post history, it looks like this may have started as an affair. Unfortunately there's going to be outstanding issues for a long time due to that. Try focusing on yourself and how you can move forward without worrying about how someone else feels about you."
- Not Okay: "Holy shit! You were the OW! What the hell do you expect, homewrecker?!"
- Example Post: "I am completely overloaded and feeling very down about myself."
- Okay: "In your post history you mentioned that your spouse wasn't really helping around the house. Has that changed at all?"
- Not Okay: "LOL, you already got the answers you need in your post on relationships. You are stupid for sticking with your lazy spouse."
Why can't we crosspost stuff to other subs?
- We can't stop you from doing so. The problem isn't that something has been crossposted, it's when the community that it's been crossposted to feels the need to come over here and harass OP. When we see that happening, we lock the post and start passing out bans. If you did the crossposting, you'll be banned. If you participated in the brigading, you'll be banned.
What if it's my own post?
- Again, we can't stop you from doing so. We prefer that you don't technically crosspost, but rather just copy and paste your post. Why? Because inevitably the above will happen. Redditors from other subs will follow you back to /stepparents and start attacking users here. It just happens.
What is "brigading"?
- Reddit defines vote manipulation and brigading as follows:
- Using multiple accounts, voting services, or any other software to increase or decrease vote scores.
- Asking people to vote up or down certain posts, either on Reddit itself or through social networks, messaging, etc. for personal gain.
- Forming or joining a group that votes together, either on a specific post, a user's posts, posts from a domain, etc.
- We, along with pretty much every other subreddit that has ever had to deal with this nonsense, further define brigading as this: You saw a post on another sub that linked to our sub either via a link in a comment or a crosspost. It was basically saying something along the lines of "OMG, check out these assholes over on /stepparents! They literally hate all their stepkids!" And then you and your friends come over and start hammering on OP and telling OP how much they suck. Congrats, you have just participated in a brigade.
- If you see a post or comment that breaks the rules, instead of engaging, report it. When you report it, it sends notification to the mod team. We will act on it where appropriate. Engaging with bad faith users may result in your comments being removed. If you repeatedly do so, you may end up being banned.
What if I see an obvious troll?
What if they are being really mean in comments?
What if they are harassing me in private messages?
- Step 1: Report them to admins. You can report harassment to reddit by using this link or send a DM to reddit admins. Include the link to the DM, admins can see your inbox and providing a direct link is helpful for them to weed out bad actors.
- Step 2: Block the person so they cannot directly contact you again.
- Step 3: Send us a mod mail and let the mod team know. Tell us who they are and what they said, send us a screenshot if you can - admins can see your DMs, mods can't. We'll take action where necessary by banning from the sub if they aren't already banned.
- Just as we prefer to not be linked to or crossposted from, we do not allow linking to or calling out other subs by name. If you see something you want to share, say it's a hot post that has hit the front page and a stepparent is being absolutely flayed, just refer to it as "that hot post that hit the front page." If you want to complain about other places in general, "other parenting/advice/judgement subs" will suffice. Absolutely under no circumstances should you link to anywhere else.
I can't link to other subs?
- Do not directly link to another sub. (e.g.: "/insertsubnamehere is ridiculously hostile to stepparents!")
- Do not name other subs. (e.g.: "I won't link to it directly, but insertsubnamehere is ridiculously hostile to stepparents!")
- Do not abbreviate other subs. (e.g.: "I know that ISNH is ridiculously hostile to stepparents!")
I can't ping other users?
- Do not summon another user with a username ping/tag. (e.g.: "insertusernamehere was being an asshole.")
- If you are agreeing with someone, it is okay to link to them. (e.g.: "I agree with insertusernamehere, you need to take a couple of steps back and reflect on this.")
- Sanctimonious, overused clichés that grossly oversimplify the stepparenting experience are neither wanted nor allowed here. We have all heard it a thousand times before, we don't need to hear it again. It's not nearly as insightful and wise as some would like to think.
Why don't you people understand it's a package deal?
- Any comment that suggests that OP should have known what they were getting involved with, or that they needed to understand that the kids were part of some package they needed to accept before signing up for marriage is subject to immediate removal.
- This is one of the most insensitive things you can say to a stepparent. Most stepparents were aware of the children, but they were probably not aware of all of the family dynamics.
Why can't you just love them like they are your own?
- Demanding that a stranger you do not know love children that are not biologically theirs as if they were theirs can be incredibly damaging to someone who is already in a vulnerable situation. Any comment that falls along these lines will be removed.
What do you mean by No Trolling? I was just...
- No means no. No trolling. No pretending to be a stepparent and then whipping out the Greatest Hits Bingo Card of The Worst Stepparent in the History of Stepparents. We see you. We've seen you a thousand times.
What does "concern trolling", "gish-galloping", and "sealioning" have to do with stepparenting? This isn't a debate sub, why are you using debate terms?
- That's absolutely right, this isn't a debate sub. And yet, here we are, day after day, having to defend ourselves against this sort of thing. So, enough. No more. Usage of any of these things will get you banned.
What is "Concern Trolling?"
- A concern troll is someone who disingenuously visits sites of an opposing ideology to disrupt conversation by offering unwanted advice on how to solve problems which do not really exist.
- Example Post: OP expresses concern that she will feel, and possibly act, differently towards her stepchildren after her husband decides that no, he doesn't want anymore children after all.
- Example Concern Troll pulled from actual mod mail after their comment was removed: "Possible child abuse claims need to be sorted out well before whatever empathy you believe the OP was looking for."
What is a "Devil's Advocate"?
- "I'm just playing devil's advocate here, but have you considered that maybe BM is just really tired and needs a break, too?" BM has dozens of different mom based subs alone on reddit she can complain on, this sub is for stepparents. The stepparent doesn't need to consider that maybe BM is just really tired and needs a break.
"Gish-galloping?" What does that even mean?
- The Gish Gallop is the fallacious debate tactic of drowning your opponent in a flood of individually-weak arguments in order to prevent rebuttal of the whole argument collection without great effort. The Gish Gallop is a conveyor belt-fed version of the on the spot fallacy, as it's unreasonable for anyone to have a well-composed answer immediately available to every argument present in the Gallop.
And "sealioning?" What's that?
- Sealioning involves jumping into a conversation with endless polite, reasonable questions and demands for answers, usually of entry-level topics far below the actual conversation (e.g. "please prove sexism exists"). This tactic differs little from harassment; instead of discussion, the point is to derail discussion, receive criticism (for their ignorance) so as to look like a victim, or to make someone feel overwhelmed and quit talking.
Who gets to define what is considered asshattery?
- The mod team, of course! If we feel that comments are out of line, are trolling, are leading up to a fight or "just asking questions", we are going to remove them and most likely ban the offender.
Posting Guidelines for Stepparents
- Body text is required, we suggest you use line breaks between paragraphs as a wall of text is difficult to read. Posts that have only a title are likely to be removed. Instead of using names (even fictitious ones), try to use the sub acronyms. It helps our users to follow along if you use the acronyms and not names.
- Assign a post flair that accurately describes what your post is about and what you are seeking. If you are posting an update from a previous post, include a link to that post.
- Flairs are applied to posts to determine what a person is looking for. When submitting a new post, you should choose a flair that specifies if you are looking for advice, support, etc. The following link flair is available and is color coded with side bar links so that you can search by flair:
- Advice - For when you are specifically asking for advice or help.
- Announcement - Mod Use Only, for subreddit announcements.
- Daily (Formerly TTP) - Mod Use Only, for our daily discussion threads.
- Discussion - A little advice, a little "How does your family handle this?"
- JustBMThings - Pretty sure this is self explanatory!
- Legal - Asking for legal advice? Tag it with this!
- Miscellany - Just a sort of off topic thing? Use this tag.
- Resource - Sharing a good resource or asking for one? This is the tag you need!
- Support - For those days when you want nothing but a good old fashioned cry and some community love.
- Update - Updating us on something that you posted about previously? Use this one!
- Vent - We all need to vent sometimes. Respect the tag as a vent. This isn't how OP talks all day every day.
- Win! - Celebrate those wins with us with this tag!
- Megathread - Mod Use Only, for large mega threads (typically around major calendar events.)
Posting Guidelines for Bioparents
- Stepparents is a support community for stepparents, by stepparents. As bioparents, you may want to have more insight into how the stepparent in your life feels or thinks. You may have questions on how to ease the transition for your partner. However, please keep in mind that this community was not created for you. It was created for your partner or your ex's partner. If you are seeking support on how to deal with a stepparent, there are other subs more suited for your situation and your post is subject to removal.
- There are some posts from bioparents we will accept:
- Seeking advice on how to support your partner as they navigate stepparenting
- Seeking resources to help you better support your partner
- Seeking resources for your partner
- There are some posts from bioparents we will not accept:
- Complaints about how the stepparent is too involved in your kids lives
- Vents about how the stepparent is not involved enough in your kids lives
- "Cautionary tales" advising stepparents to back off
- Seeking advice on how to tell the stepparent to back off
- The Do's and Dont's of Stepparenting
- How your kid's stepmom is literally The Worst
- Comments from bioparents that are helpful and supportive are welcome and appreciated. Comments from bioparents that are not helpful or supportive are not welcome and subject to removal. There are several other subs that may meet the needs of bioparents better than we can. We recommend /coparenting, /parenting, /parents, /blendedfamilies, and /singleparents as starting points.
Guidelines for Stepkids
- At this time, we do not generally accept posts from stepkids. Comments from stepkids that are helpful and supportive are welcome and appreciated. Comments from stepkids that are not helpful or supportive are not welcome and subject to removal. If you are a stepkid seeking support, we highly recommend /stepkids. It is a very supportive community specifically for stepkids. We also recommend /blendedfamilies as another potential group for support.
What the heck are all these acronyms? I'm confused!
Why aren't my posts or comments showing up?
- New posters and accounts go through a waiting period before their posts will show in the sub and the comments on posts automatically. During the new account approval period the mod team will check posts to be sure you aren't attempting to circumvent a ban with a shiny new account. Please be patient while the timer runs down on your "new" status and the mod team approves your posts and responses.
Why was my comment removed?
- Comments are removed when they do not follow the rules of the sub. These rules are published in several places for your reading pleasure.
- Comments are removed at moderator discretion. In some cases your comment may be removed while another remains up. If you find this to be the case, and you believe the comment to be violating the rules, instead of arguing with mods or demanding they remove the additional comments, just report it.
This comment/post is really offensive! Why is it still up?
- All moderators are volunteers and have busy real lives. Sometimes things get past us. The best thing you can do is report anything you find offensive or inflammatory. It's the quickest and most reliable way of alerting us to an issue.
I've received a hurtful/unwanted PM from someone about my recent post. What should I do?
- If you receive an unwanted/hurtful PM from a name you don't recognize, please report it to Reddit Admins using our handy pre-populated form. Be sure to include the permalink to the message. We've been dealing with a few unhappy folks who like to attack stepparents, and reporting it to the admins is the only way to make it stop.
What are the general moderator guidelines?
- Users are expected to know the rules before posting. If you are warned or banned for violating the rules, ignorance is not an excuse.
- Moderators will remove posts and comments and/or lock threads in accordance with the rules above. Typically this happens when threads have gone off-topic in a way that is not productive for the OP, or comments overall have become contentious or disrespectful.
- If a poster continues to argue or to willfully violate these rules, temporary and permanent ban procedures will be followed. Any attempts to avoid or bypass temporary bans will result in a permanent ban. User bans will not be discussed in the sub. Questions posted about user bans are subject to removal and the poster subject to warning/ban procedures. The mod team will not discuss a specific user ban with anyone other than the user involved.
- New accounts are subject to manual approval until they are no longer deemed "new" by the mod team. This helps to weed out trolls and ban evaders.
- We rely on Automoderator to scan for specific words and phrases that are not welcome here and notify the mod team to review the comment or post. This includes slurs of any type and platitudes such as "Love them as your own!"
- The mod team uses a combination of blacklisting and banning when dealing with trolls.
- We employ the use of a bot that automatically bans anyone who comments in subs that have historically harassed our users. If you are picked up by the bot for telling trolls to get fucked, reach out via mod mail and we'll get you sorted out.
- The rules above as well as ban procedures are considered guidelines only; some deviation may be necessary on a case by case basis and/or at the mod team's discretion.
I've been wrongly banned/Why can't I comment here?
Why was I banned without warning?
- There are numerous reasons that the mod team might opt to move perm banning without warning. Message the moderators if you have specific questions.
submitted by AutoModerator
to stepparents [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 11:13 eraque We built a personal AI designer which can help those who carry out architecture designs
We built a personal AI designer called PromeAI
. It is an innovative AI-driven design tool that empowers users to effortlessly create art & designs. Whether you're a seasoned design professional or a novice, PromeAI has all the tools and features necessary to bring your imagination to life. With its intuitive interface, users can generate art and designs by simply uploading hand sketches, rough drawings (such as CAD or 3D models), doodles, or photoshots. Additionally, minor adjustments can be made to specific areas of the design via text input-driven image editing functionalities. Erasing and replacing content in your designs is a breeze, making the entire design process both easy and enjoyable. With just a few clicks and simple text inputs, PromeAI allows users to create professional-level designs in seconds. PromeAI is the perfect solution for anyone looking to bridge the gap between creativity and the real world.
There is a video
made by youtuber Theoretically Media
regarding using this tool to generate AI image/art/comic books. We hope you find it useful.
submitted by eraque
to architecture [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 10:47 Proletlariet 60s Spider-Man
"Whallopin' websnappers!" Spider-Man, Spider-Man, does whatever a spider can. Spins a web any size, catches thieves just like flies. Look out! Here comes the Spider-Man. Is he strong? Listen bud, he's got radioactive blood. Can he swing from a thread? Take a look overhead. Hey there, there goes the Spider-Man. In the chill of night, at the scene of a crime, like a streak of light, he arrives just in time. Spider-Man, Spider-Man, friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. Wealth and fame he's ignored, action is his reward. To him, life is a great big bang-up, wherever there's a hang-up, you'll find the Spider-Man!
Lifting & Throwing
Pushing & Pulling
Reactions & Dodging
Tempered Webbing Strength
Gadgets & Gear
submitted by Proletlariet
to u/Proletlariet [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 10:30 CommercialTap4581 How you could have been typed as ENTJ but you are not
Everyone in discomfort can go two ways become anxious and freeze or become driven dominant aggressive and commanding.
Trauma can cause these stressful situations or inner frustrations but also society expectations for women and man. I notice a ton of people type as ENTJ when they are stressed or frustrated while in real life they are different types. A lot of ESTP ENTP ENFP INTP INFP ISFP ISTP i have seen mistype as ENTJ obvious for some because their inferior function is Te when its forced to be used and its not strong it causes outcomes of aggression and demanding forceful behaviour that could be abused and toxic.
A ENTJ in stress will most likely freeze and isolate to rethink strategies and efficiency and worst case scenario become very introverted and depressed and stuck.
A ENTJ is not aggressive from nature also not demanding they can be of course when its needed but rather stay chill and responsible. Things as revenge and mockery or bullying behaviour is also not a ENTJ thing, there might be some who could be like that but its not natural behaviour for ENTJ.
If a ENTJ would do these things its most likely for morality of the bigger picture and some forces try to manipulate their plan or will cause massive damage to the bigger picture when it comes to things where a lot of people are involved and they are not aware of it like politics for example.
ENTJ are not aware of themselves that they can come over to others as to driven or unemotional its not intended. Although they are very sensitive and emotionally rich. Some types who manipulate based on emotions see ENTJ as cold and unavailable but it is protection for manipulation but is not too other types. A ENTJ is not really unemotional or aggressive they have a lot of impact and are direct and anti drama and manipulation which can be intimidating for some people.
How Te is used in every situation
No matter where a ENTJ goes they are calculating and thinking about everything. For example if a ENTJ goes to a coffeeshop they most likely order normal espresso without anything in it to taste how the coffee is intended to be Te-Fi. They already observed how the staff has problems and can’t work together, the design of the cafe and marketing and thinks why they would have gone for that. when they get the coffee, analyse the taste and experience and thinks about how coffee beans are fermented and where the coffee might have come from and the business model behind the coffeeshop and if they would have their own coffee how it would taste like. Observes the customers etc. All in combination with Ni-Se-Fi. Just a random example
Ni is future planning and evaluating different perspectives very openminded, and Te will fact check the perspectives and take them in consideration. automatically have a systematic overview and visionary hawks eye perspective on situations and plans and all the surrounding things that are involved as root networks that are connected with the vision and revaluation is in realtime and very flexible.
Through Se we get inspired and experience we look at what others want and like we are curious to try new experiences and give others a good experience because we know the best of the best places ,tastes, good atmosphere and vibes. Se makes us feel good and wants others to feel good.
Our Fi goes hand i hand with Se and Ni but gets snowed under by Te a lot its like a constant battle. We appreciate things that work well and where a lot of attention is put into. We navigate to perfection and Fi makes us reflect on what we really want and like in life and how we feel about certain things without being objective. In combination with Te its a lot like ”this is bad, this is great because, this is awesome because, this is false because etc. You hear a ENTJ say a lot: i love this because this is doing this and this for society. I hate this because it does this and this. This is just wrong because this and this.
Always a decision with Fi and explanation why that is based on Te.
Not to be confused ENFP and ESFP can be also very high in Te-Fi and can be more ridicules based on higher Fi or in ISFP and INFP can be pretty delusional the higher the Fi and lower the Te the more aggression and personal opinions based on Fi.
ENTJ are very abstract and pragmatic not to be confused with ENTP, a ENTP will preach like a teacher and is very direct and step by step talking in progression from past experiences to now, self promoting a lot and takes over conversations and can be scatter brained and chaotic and involve a lot of Si past experiences and have a debating challenging approach in conversation.
A ENTJ always talks in outcomes is in charge but always calm listens to the other person and take their views in consideration and responds to that their abstraction is more pragmatic and visionair and not perse challenging. When a ENTJ talks he wants to explain his vision in language everyone understands clear and straightforward and involves overseight for multiple people (group thinking).
A ENTJ doesn’t wanna be misunderstood and are afraid that people see the wrong intentions from them and seen as bad people or incapable. They will explain a lot with graphs or whiteboards.
A ENTJ is pretty sensitive even if they don’t like to admit it, we don’t want drama manipulation and bullshit and are extremely loyal to friends and loved ones.
The difference between ENTJ and INTJ
The difference between ENTJ and INTJ is not introverted vs extravert. A INTJ always uses Ni above everything overthinking plans and situations in real time. This takes a hit on Te and Se especially the combination of Ni-Fi can be less factual. And INTJ have lower Se for a bug majority almost not used and are more individual.
The difference between ENTJ and ESTJ
The ESTJ is more individual and based on order and debunking peoples intentions their Si is very strict and not as openminded and think more internal systematic more rule based and routine based. Where ENTJ is more creating systems and busy with the bigger picture and what is out there and struggle with fitting in systems and routines.
ENTJ and ESTP differences
They are both extraverted the ESTP is more in the moment and aware of their body as a ENTJ they follow hype trends and what others do and think introverted about how to challenge things and ideas and are very good at nitpicking on details. Where a ENTJ thinks less in the moment and is more vision based and detailed on surrounding external factors and facts. A ESTP collects all the data but has a hard time connecting them which can result in stories that are somewhat true and less in depth where a ENTJ filters what is really important and lays natural connections although forgets small details that are less important.
submitted by CommercialTap4581
to entj [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 10:26 subreddit_stats Subreddit Stats: KessokuBand top posts from 2023-04-28 to 2023-05-27 22:01 PDT
Period: 29.79 days
| ||Submissions ||Comments |
|Total ||1000 ||9169 |
|Rate (per day) ||33.57 ||303.99 |
|Unique Redditors ||129 ||654 |
|Combined Score ||74430 ||49663 |
Top Submitters' Top Submissions
- 12847 points, 241 submissions: Stand-on-Toilet
- Seika (@CRANE1192) (245 points, 13 comments)
- Nijicat Doing Lucky Cat Pose (@wata9mm_no) (203 points, 9 comments)
- Angry Nijika: A Towel Only (@spell_PhD) (200 points, 25 comments)
- Cheerleader Seika (@ThundraDrawings) (131 points, 28 comments)
- Nijika: Just Like Older Sis (@suta0822) (131 points, 9 comments)
- Pink Blob: Waffled (@nitarinDX) (129 points, 8 comments)
- Date with Kita (@KIUCHI_ILLUST) (122 points, 9 comments)
- RyoNiji: Hair Around Neck (@Kuronichi285) (122 points, 4 comments)
- Ryo Under Nijika (努力画画的狸花 on pixiv) (120 points, 7 comments)
- Nijika: A Mother Too Early... (@ree_kkr) (119 points, 6 comments)
- 8005 points, 50 submissions: mysteryface1723
- Have you found your Nijika? (377 points, 27 comments)
- Kessoku Band members meet their followers (340 points, 25 comments)
- WARNING: Do not take Nijika's dorito (338 points, 33 comments)
- How to meet your Nijika (Yamada Method) (330 points, 31 comments)
- Drummers Appreciation Post (324 points, 22 comments)
- KessokuBand user ❤ (318 points, 24 comments)
- Fandom Bocchi part 3 (286 points, 12 comments)
- BTR fans every livestream (261 points, 23 comments)
- Kessoku Band Artists' Curse (256 points, 32 comments)
- Fandom Kita (246 points, 12 comments)
- 6483 points, 128 submissions: Pundarikaksh
- A rainbow that will meet after 8 years by Rotto 🥲 (163 points, 11 comments)
- Adult Kessoku band by NeonFloyd (139 points, 17 comments)
- Kessoku band cheer squad by E20 (135 points, 15 comments)
- Secret story by Kurou (112 points, 20 comments)
- Little Dino Bocchi and Michiyo by Yusaku (111 points, 6 comments)
- BoRyo by Iyokan (105 points, 7 comments)
- GuitarHero by Nooka (98 points, 5 comments)
- Loneliness of each by U soul (93 points, 12 comments)
- Hitori on new year's by Akira (92 points, 5 comments)
- PA-san and BoRyo by Armpit slack (89 points, 7 comments)
- 5096 points, 57 submissions: Idz4gqbi
- If Kessoku Band Does Not Exist... (308 points, 25 comments)
- Do You Trust Volcanovolk? (258 points, 50 comments)
- Slandering the Four Churches of Kessoku Band (243 points, 42 comments)
- There are only Two Types of People (242 points, 39 comments)
- "Happiness is not an ideal of reason, but of Nijika." (222 points, 8 comments)
- Blast from the Past — When Doritos Memes were at its Peak (218 points, 26 comments)
- Volcanovolk Conspiracy Theory (209 points, 52 comments)
- Everything began with the Nijika Folder... (165 points, 18 comments)
- Nijika Fan Starter Pack and Advanced Pack (165 points, 36 comments)
- Canon & Fandom Nijika — The Definitive Scale (154 points, 27 comments)
- 4056 points, 22 submissions: yetanother234
- She's just like me (394 points, 31 comments)
- Choose (346 points, 44 comments)
- Aki is a cutie (283 points, 15 comments)
- Kessoku Band members described in one word (271 points, 28 comments)
- Shoutout to the one person who is just like Kita frfr (259 points, 16 comments)
- Bocchi the Rock final episode leaked (250 points, 17 comments)
- Both are valid reasons for liking Nijika (249 points, 22 comments)
- Bocchi's 3 forms (233 points, 9 comments)
- Nijika is real and lives inside you (208 points, 15 comments)
- Bocchi the Rock spinoff ideas (192 points, 33 comments)
- 3187 points, 22 submissions: YUZUtry
- The concentration of Nijika on this sub Today (351 points, 29 comments)
- Nijika 「saw」 her fans (278 points, 42 comments)
- Bocchi otter found her new nest！ (233 points, 16 comments)
- Is this just a coincidence ? (191 points, 34 comments)
- guys...Pluto is actually Bocchi！ (187 points, 30 comments)
- Bocchi under friendly fire (179 points, 24 comments)
- You guys scared my friend IRL... (177 points, 33 comments)
- Nijika the ninja—Ninjika ! (167 points, 36 comments)
- I trust our sub to see through this... right? (163 points, 28 comments)
- Ni...Nijika... (148 points, 21 comments)
- 1932 points, 12 submissions: whatdoilemonade
- Seika's Wacky Shenanigans [pixiv@豚猫ブスタ] (302 points, 24 comments)
- POV: Nijika greets you at home [pixiv@球体X] (232 points, 19 comments)
- Morning in the Ijichi household [pixiv@なまず] (231 points, 20 comments)
- Just a dream [pixiv@さくらてるる] (230 points, 26 comments)
- Runaway Guitar [pixiv@ぎんぎつね+] (196 points, 19 comments)
- The sister's present [pixiv@じんやま] (155 points, 19 comments)
- Kessoku ASMR [pixiv@豚猫ブスタ] (113 points, 19 comments)
- Bocchi The Smell [pixiv@広肉ル] (112 points, 13 comments)
- ShibaYami back hug [pixiv@ホシナ] (104 points, 38 comments)
- Bocchi's school uniform [pixiv@豚猫ブスタ] (101 points, 5 comments)
- 1529 points, 13 submissions: ThugBaby05GT
- She always there in the right time (261 points, 14 comments)
- But I see her... (197 points, 18 comments)
- Word can not describe how Happy I am with Nijika (166 points, 9 comments)
- Their lies won't stop me (135 points, 11 comments)
- She my Queen (115 points, 11 comments)
- Nijika will Save her (109 points, 5 comments)
- I'm glad she here with me (107 points, 6 comments)
- I feel happy going outside with Nijika (93 points, 6 comments)
- Life is pain without her (81 points, 15 comments)
- Why does Nijika disappear... (80 points, 13 comments)
- 1322 points, 18 submissions: Solar1011
- Placeholder. (221 points, 17 comments)
- Ryo has no reason to be looking at Nijika like that. (@ree_kkr) (168 points, 12 comments)
- Just the two of us. (121 points, 11 comments)
- What’s in the box? (105 points, 12 comments)
- Nijika Ijichi (@log_008) (99 points, 6 comments)
- Nervous Bocchi (@oekakiism) (83 points, 5 comments)
- Ryo’s way of making money. (@Meyshi29) (77 points, 8 comments)
- Pouty Nijika (@kkggbpn4g27) (62 points, 6 comments)
- Even More Maid Bocchi (@PepUnti) (60 points, 5 comments)
- Nijika Ijichi (@bo_illustration) (56 points, 5 comments)
- 1237 points, 14 submissions: Mukaido
- JLT4n's completed animation. (178 points, 8 comments)
- Nijika interacts with her fans. (169 points, 24 comments)
- Hi! Welcome to Jollibee! Kita kita c: (154 points, 21 comments)
- Kessoku Band at Zepp Haneda Tokyo (146 points, 8 comments)
- Kessoku Band (144 points, 9 comments)
- Leaked STARRY HR document. (89 points, 11 comments)
- Five more minutes Mom. (69 points, 14 comments)
- "Yuzu, I trust you." (68 points, 6 comments)
- The Angel of Shimokitazawa Spoils Me Rotten (56 points, 17 comments)
- New Nijika Blush dropped (38 points, 3 comments)
- 1174 points, 13 submissions: Gotoh_Naoki
- I hate myself for this (168 points, 17 comments)
- "Look, a cute cat!" (159 points, 7 comments)
- Rural Style Bocchi (141 points, 8 comments)
- Kessoku Band in different poses (125 points, 3 comments)
- This is why I have eyes. (104 points, 22 comments)
- Seika doesn't like selfies, or does she? (78 points, 8 comments)
- Futari the Rock! (71 points, 11 comments)
- [OC] Never Forget (Italian Cover) (71 points, 37 comments)
- kessokuband concert photos i stole from the official twitter (61 points, 2 comments)
- Seika but I'm unoriginal with titles (54 points, 3 comments)
- 1155 points, 22 submissions: MrBig6lesw0rth
- Too cute, might melt a few hearts... (109 points, 6 comments)
- Sometimes you help yourself by helping others (96 points, 3 comments)
- Ryo but cute (83 points, 10 comments)
- A little bit of BoKita never hurt anyone (68 points, 2 comments)
- Kita-chan can be quite Radiant (64 points, 15 comments)
- "I know you can do it, Kita-san!" (62 points, 10 comments)
- That smile melts my heart (62 points, 5 comments)
- Eating the Boccher?! Is that even legal? (61 points, 7 comments)
- Kita Kita (55 points, 4 comments)
- The paragon of virtue and her hero (50 points, 4 comments)
- 1149 points, 12 submissions: crazycorgiperson
- How to protect your Bocchi (171 points, 32 comments)
- The Kessokucord Experience: Opening #starry (164 points, 20 comments)
- KessokuBand has reached 2,000 members! (134 points, 31 comments)
- Different Hairstyles of Bocchi (123 points, 32 comments)
- Preserving History: The Bad Ending (106 points, 30 comments)
- Rainbocchix Siege (106 points, 10 comments)
- Fiction has to be original and creative, reality does not (94 points, 11 comments)
- kita spin (90 points, 14 comments)
- Top commenters of the main sub, March vs. April (51 points, 59 comments)
- Happy Nijika (45 points, 5 comments)
- 974 points, 20 submissions: caloyagin
- my beloved (117 points, 12 comments)
- really cool (108 points, 17 comments)
- GOTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (90 points, 8 comments)
- Recreating the Nijika ribbons (80 points, 14 comments)
- The full members have been posted before, but not the individuals of sideros (I think yoyo was posted) (59 points, 3 comments)
- DRUMS (53 points, 4 comments)
- SHIBA (51 points, 7 comments)
- Recreating The Nijika Ribbons Pangalawa (45 points, 26 comments)
- the dead iceberg (think of the explanations yourself) (44 points, 46 comments)
- Recreating The Nijika Ribbons four (42 points, 21 comments)
- 907 points, 10 submissions: Oteycri000
- It's 1984 again (224 points, 38 comments)
- Caged Bochher (132 points, 19 comments)
- Yandere PA -San (114 points, 23 comments)
- I'm watching you (108 points, 4 comments)
- You're just like me fr. (95 points, 23 comments)
- G-E-X (72 points, 13 comments)
- Thanks to someone I'll mention in comments I made 4 memes they gifted me templates (48 points, 12 comments)
- Too much Nichija (41 points, 3 comments)
- This is the finale season post I'll see make. (38 points, 3 comments)
- Jealous Yan Kita (35 points, 6 comments)
- 906 points, 21 submissions: unremarkable_123
- Pills are a goverment ploy to get you to pay taxes (106 points, 14 comments)
- The REAL kita flag (86 points, 18 comments)
- The List (75 points, 75 comments)
- is it edible? (71 points, 16 comments)
- Kessokucord tierlist (66 points, 54 comments)
- BUT HEY ITS JUST A THEORY A BOCCHI THE ROCK THEORY (49 points, 12 comments)
- Boccher Unification of Middle East (44 points, 12 comments)
- more BTR characters as nations (43 points, 14 comments)
- Dorito. (37 points, 11 comments)
- Shiba themed milk (37 points, 13 comments)
- 875 points, 11 submissions: Tezlaivj
- Bocchi & Nijika by asado0000 (155 points, 12 comments)
- BoNiji Sleepover by aayh (113 points, 10 comments)
- Professor Gotou's research result by maki_photograph (108 points, 10 comments)
- Bocchi's first time by satsuki_meito (75 points, 7 comments)
- Cinema by rafkan_tail (75 points, 7 comments)
- Unexpected counterattack by meendaco (67 points, 8 comments)
- Dear my hero by orbea_aqua_2012 (66 points, 5 comments)
- Asking for a date by Sondeneva (58 points, 14 comments)
- Neko Jealousy by maki_photograph (57 points, 7 comments)
- Some doses of BoNiji by hngkdaisy (56 points, 3 comments)
- 840 points, 6 submissions: RecommendationFancy5
- Ryo got hungry (341 points, 18 comments)
- Bocchi Digivolution Line (If Bocchi was a Digimon) (176 points, 5 comments)
- I will not take my pills! THEY'RE REAL! NIJIKA REAL! (114 points, 11 comments)
- Schrödinger's Kita (97 points, 8 comments)
- Learning Relationships with KessokuBand! (77 points, 41 comments)
- I made some stupid Bocchi Youtube thumbnails (35 points, 11 comments)
- 758 points, 7 submissions: Radiant-Lotus
- How’re ya feeling peeps? (320 points, 59 comments)
- :NijikaGlare: (95 points, 8 comments)
- Her gentle smile ❤ (93 points, 12 comments)
- CONSTELLATION COME BACK PLEASEEEEE 😭 (78 points, 33 comments)
- Everyday is a fever dream (°ー°〃) (70 points, 18 comments)
- Someone asked, so I delivered (cheers, Yami fans 🥂) (52 points, 15 comments)
- Slandering KessokuBand Mods (50 points, 41 comments)
- 749 points, 15 submissions: Ale_med_al
- Bocchi and you might not be so different, Chavito (114 points, 11 comments)
- The what subreddit? (85 points, 25 comments)
- What would a sovereign Kessoku Band nation be like? (Meta) (68 points, 22 comments)
- You expected... (65 points, 13 comments)
- Bunnijika and Botter (by @SGYmyhumo; TL by @Slowrider88) (59 points, 6 comments)
- Sick Ryou (art by @yubune42do) (51 points, 6 comments)
- 絵が無いと言ったけどうおおとなったので描いた (@Kerorira1) (51 points, 2 comments)
- Niji-physics (45 points, 7 comments)
- Kita, Ikuyo! (41 points, 1 comment)
- One of the Bocchi references from Daidus’ latest video (37 points, 2 comments)
- 638 points, 8 submissions: mendezmen
- The Ijichi Sisters Switch Bodies! (by Kumichou) [Part 2 of 2] (193 points, 15 comments)
- The Ijichi Sisters Switch Bodies! (by Kumichou) [Part 1 of 2] (104 points, 4 comments)
- Love ・ Ho ・ Tel! (by @lanlanlap) (84 points, 9 comments)
- Yoyoko Ohtsuki Can't Smile (by @rebanirax01) (73 points, 5 comments)
- Bocchi the Rock: Love is War (62 points, 7 comments)
- There must be a melody only you can sing (by: @mmiyakoo) [Part 2 of 2] (51 points, 5 comments)
- There must be a melody only you can sing (by: @mmiyakoo) [Part 1 of 2] (36 points, 1 comment)
- Bocchi's Ideal Girl (35 points, 11 comments)
- 623 points, 15 submissions: MementoMori228
- Daily Yoyoposting till I keel over (Day 15) (77 points, 7 comments)
- Daily Yoyoposting till I keel over (Day 16) (58 points, 9 comments)
- Daily Yoyoposting till I keel over (Day 20) (53 points, 4 comments)
- Daily Yoyoposting till I keel over (Day 19) (48 points, 8 comments)
- Daily Yoyoposting till I keel over (Day 23) (48 points, 2 comments)
- Daily Yoyoposting till I keel over (Day 14) (47 points, 4 comments)
- Daily Yoyoposting till I keel over (Day 21) (40 points, 7 comments)
- Daily Yoyoposting till I keel over (Day 22) (39 points, 2 comments)
- Daily Yoyoposting till I keel over (Day 12) (35 points, 4 comments)
- Daily Yoyoposting till I keel over (Day 11) (34 points, 2 comments)
- 604 points, 4 submissions: DestructionCatalyst
- Really like them fr (216 points, 14 comments)
- Typical Boyoko interaction (182 points, 6 comments)
- In episode 11 there are blue and yellow decorations on the wall. This is a reference to the anime "Bocchi the Rock!", where the protagonist, Hitori "Bocchi" Gotou wears a hair accessory of the same colors (180 points, 9 comments)
- Patchi the rock ! [Touhou Project] (26 points, 2 comments)
- 604 points, 3 submissions: zebrano08
- POV: You are Bocchi fr fr updated (252 points, 13 comments)
- Reminder to do it for her, no matter what (247 points, 20 comments)
- Kessokucord lore in my head (I don’t use discord) (105 points, 22 comments)
- 600 points, 20 submissions: boche_123
- Cube. (57 points, 11 comments)
- SIDEROS (colored by me) (55 points, 6 comments)
- Yoyo standing up (37 points, 7 comments)
- KITAURA-爆破 (36 points, 1 comment)
- Kemonoria Tea Band. Article written by PoisonYami (CSM redraw) (34 points, 6 comments)
- Yo (32 points, 5 comments)
- MEN KISSING!!!!!! :KitaLetsGoooo: (31 points, 5 comments)
- That one definetly not Yoyo girl (29 points, 2 comments)
- That one definetly not important in the future girl from the opening and ep10 sitting with stone statues (29 points, 4 comments)
- Yoyoko👍 (27 points, 6 comments)
- 579 points, 12 submissions: BenjaXotz
- How could I forget about this hood classic (NO VHS EFFECT YOOO) (106 points, 14 comments)
- hood classic (80 points, 9 comments)
- The end (69 points, 23 comments)
- I think I have a problem guys (53 points, 9 comments)
- hi (45 points, 1 comment)
- I'LL START POSTING MH SCHIZO STUFF HERE CUZ I CAN'T IN ANY OTHER PLACE (44 points, 11 comments)
- fuck (not canon) (39 points, 4 comments)
- This one is not canon is just me being delusional (35 points, 5 comments)
- I posted the wrong one and now I'm completely ashamed (31 points, 11 comments)
- To the dude trying to find the lore: I'll be not posting this in order, so try hard llolololoolol (29 points, 5 comments)
- 559 points, 8 submissions: XxMinecraftBoss69xX
- kita is in my room this is so cool (123 points, 10 comments)
- BOCCHI BLAST me (79 points, 19 comments)
- bow cheese????? (75 points, 7 comments)
- Fumocchi by me (72 points, 7 comments)
- “noooo kita leave some for the rest of us” by me (62 points, 0 comments)
- NIJIKA NUKE me (56 points, 9 comments)
- 🍌Banana Nijika 🍌 (53 points, 10 comments)
- Go Into the Light me (39 points, 4 comments)
- 557 points, 7 submissions: Artster900
- my messy brainrot [oc] (125 points, 7 comments)
- I don't even know why. (124 points, 18 comments)
- Ryo but Saku [oc] (111 points, 21 comments)
- kita kita but hasegawa ikumi [oc] (57 points, 8 comments)
- kita has a gun [oc] (49 points, 6 comments)
- bokita brainrot, i need help [oc] (48 points, 8 comments)
- dorito [oc] (43 points, 2 comments)
- 536 points, 7 submissions: Hamazi__
- Society (100 points, 4 comments)
- Bocchi The driver (97 points, 8 comments)
- Nijika tube (81 points, 8 comments)
- Another day in kessokucord (70 points, 11 comments)
- Happy out of touch Thursday!! (66 points, 2 comments)
- Wrong bocchi (63 points, 1 comment)
- End of watch (59 points, 7 comments)
- 512 points, 5 submissions: Chilio95
- It's Week 6 of Out of Touch Thursday! (270 points, 10 comments)
- POV: You came in last in sales the previous quarter and now upper management wants to chat with you real quick. (84 points, 28 comments)
- Otter Bocchi spending quality time with her little otter sister! (66 points, 9 comments)
- BTR Keyboard and desk mat from Kapco (58 points, 10 comments)
- My Bocchi The Rock! Onkyo wireless earphones finally arrived today!! (34 points, 53 comments)
- Idz4gqbi (3958 points, 461 comments)
- YUZUtry (3011 points, 552 comments)
- Pundarikaksh (2896 points, 723 comments)
- caloyagin (2732 points, 453 comments)
- Mukaido (2438 points, 340 comments)
- Pete-zaTime (2010 points, 267 comments)
- mysteryface1723 (1696 points, 141 comments)
- lostWayZERO (1376 points, 176 comments)
- crazycorgiperson (1214 points, 137 comments)
- boche_123 (1106 points, 182 comments)
- Stand-on-Toilet (1091 points, 304 comments)
- Ikuyo_Kita (940 points, 76 comments)
- Chilio95 (849 points, 187 comments)
- Ale_med_al (671 points, 175 comments)
- whatdoilemonade (641 points, 84 comments)
- Distinct-Ad3397 (634 points, 76 comments)
- DomoandFinch (576 points, 86 comments)
- SezyFazes (550 points, 98 comments)
- ThomYorkeOfficiaI (522 points, 94 comments)
- unremarkable_123 (485 points, 129 comments)
- MrBig6lesw0rth (438 points, 106 comments)
- zebrano08 (431 points, 38 comments)
- Ijichi_Seika (428 points, 65 comments)
- Kana-Arima (403 points, 51 comments)
- ztarfroot (401 points, 120 comments)
- Radiant-Lotus (386 points, 78 comments)
- F_Foundation (380 points, 85 comments)
- Gotoh-Michiyo (356 points, 102 comments)
- Gotoh_Naoki (342 points, 97 comments)
- Herrscher_of_Yatta (328 points, 57 comments)
- kirkisgrizz (313 points, 83 comments)
- matto334 (313 points, 51 comments)
- NeighborhoodToad (304 points, 48 comments)
- Oteycri000 (283 points, 75 comments)
- Akane_Kurokawa (280 points, 30 comments)
- RecommendationFancy5 (268 points, 54 comments)
- LoveMoon-II (244 points, 55 comments)
- A_Weakling (238 points, 24 comments)
- Amazin_Acc (236 points, 50 comments)
- 1ts_ya_boii (229 points, 25 comments)
- Eliza_Shimizu (227 points, 47 comments)
- Solar1011 (210 points, 49 comments)
- Hamazi__ (203 points, 36 comments)
- DestructionCatalyst (195 points, 37 comments)
- ssj_sjnk (194 points, 38 comments)
- ScummyBocchi (194 points, 23 comments)
- DestinyDrop (179 points, 34 comments)
- ScummyBandman_Bocchi (170 points, 44 comments)
- Fandomer_ (170 points, 31 comments)
- Arlend44 (164 points, 37 comments)
- She's just like me by yetanother234 (394 points, 31 comments)
- Have you found your Nijika? by mysteryface1723 (377 points, 27 comments)
- Bocchi the Rock by l1qmaballs (352 points, 28 comments)
- The concentration of Nijika on this sub Today by YUZUtry (351 points, 29 comments)
- Choose by yetanother234 (346 points, 44 comments)
- Ryo got hungry by RecommendationFancy5 (341 points, 18 comments)
- Kessoku Band members meet their followers by mysteryface1723 (340 points, 25 comments)
- WARNING: Do not take Nijika's dorito by mysteryface1723 (338 points, 33 comments)
- How to meet your Nijika (Yamada Method) by mysteryface1723 (330 points, 31 comments)
- Drummers Appreciation Post by mysteryface1723 (324 points, 22 comments)
- 83 points: Idz4gqbi's comment in Kessoku Band Artists' Curse
- 78 points: YUZUtry's comment in Kessoku Band members meet their followers
- 74 points: Asbjorn26's comment in What is the most important lesson Bocchi the Rock taught you?
- 72 points: Mukaido's comment in Slandering the Four Churches of Kessoku Band
- 69 points: mysteryface1723's comment in She's just like me
- 55 points: Unlucky_Wall711's comment in Damn Bocchi's got cake
- 55 points: Yozora4's comment in What is the most important lesson Bocchi the Rock taught you?
- 54 points: Ikuyo_Kita's comment in Choose
- 54 points: Mukaido's comment in If Kessoku Band Does Not Exist...
- 54 points: Spell_PhD's comment in KessokuBand Interviews Spell (Volcanovolk): A Nijika Birthday Celebration Special
Generated with BBoe's Subreddit Stats
submitted by subreddit_stats
to subreddit_stats [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 10:17 decho Pre-Match Thread: Barcelona vs Mallorca [La Liga]
Match Information: Match
Barcelona vs Mallorca Competition
: La Liga Date
: Sunday, 28th of May 2023 Time
: 19:00 CEST / 13:00 EDT - Convert to local time Venue
: Camp Nou, Barcelona
- 99354 capacity Referee
: Jorge Figueroa Vázquez
Lineups and Squads: Barcelona
- Official squad confirmed GK
: Ter Stegen, Iñaki Peña, Arnau Tenas DEF
, Christensen, Alonso, Alba, Koundé, Eric, Álex Baldé MID
, Kessié, Sergi Roberto, Frenkie, Gavi, Pablo Torre ATT
: Dembélé, Lewandowski, Fati, Ferran Torres, Raphinha Unavailable
: Araújo, Pedri (injured) Not called
- Official squad to be confirmed GK
: Predrag Rajković, Dominik Greif, Leo Román DEF
, Dennis Hadžikadunić, Copete, Pablo Maffeo, Jaume Costa, Giovanni Gonzalez,
, Martin Valjent MID
Ruiz de Galarreta
, Clément Grenier,
, Manu Morlanes, Iddrisu Baba, Dani Rodríguez,
Lee Kang-In ATT
: Vedat Muriqi, Abdón Prats, Tino Kadewere, Ángel, Amath Ndiaye Unavailable
: Matija Nastasić, Ludwig Augustinsson, Raillo, Ruiz de Galarreta (injured) Antonio Sánchez, Lee Kang-In (suspended) Not called
Form guide: Barcelona
- Form: [L] L W W W
- Goals scored: 11
- Goals conceded: 7
- Last match: Real Valladolid 3:1 FC Barcelona - La Liga
- Form: [W] L W L D
- Goals scored: 4
- Goals conceded: 6
- Last match: Mallorca 1:0 Valencia - La Liga
Comments (Post-match thread):
This is just a classic ''Barca back from international break'' game. I wouldn't really overreact since this was a well drilled Mallorca on their home turf against a team, ridden with injuries and players who served international duty. Pretty sloppy and brutal but these are the games you need to win for a league title.
MOTM either Christensen who was unquestionably our best defender tonight or Gavi who ran his ass ragged all night long, also special mention to Ter Spider for that monster save in the first half
Lewandowski and Ter Stegen more or less being the reason for the 3 points today.
Thought Gavi and Christensen were also good, Pique as well. Everyone else was sub-par.
Xavi holds the record for longest unbeaten away streak in la Liga taking the record from the bald fraud
Lewa is worth every penny. 3 hard fought points after a brutal international break.
Christensen was solid today. Lot's of recoveries, interceptions in dangerous situations and some good passes too
Mallorca have conceded 7 goals this season. 4 from madrid and 3 from penalties. They're extremely well organised defensively. It's good that we somehow came out with a win. Hate international breaks tho, breaks momentum of teams.
Christensen had a great game. Balde was also not bad for being played at RB. Lewy's individual class bailed us out here. Gotta admit, Mallorca's game plan worked out nearly perfectly for them. Parking the bus and trying to hit us on the counter was probably the most realistic way they could have gotten points today.
I'm still kinda worried about our defense without Araujo and Kounde. Christensen is good, but Alba doesn't convince me at all as a lb anymore.
They were still parking the bus down 1-0 in stoppage time.... Pretty boring game.
Xavi beating most away matches without a loss record and Ter Stegen beating his clean sheet streak. Lewandowski saved the team with his brilliance.
Shout out to Christensen, rock solid.
Ter Stegen fully deserves that 500 mins of clean sheet
We played like shit yet won. Is this what it feels like to be a Real supporter? 🤔
Ferran always skies every shot he takes lol like how is it even possible
I’m ok with the result. Mallorca was defensive and not much else we can do. On to the next game.
Not much to analyse. Difficult to break down a team which is happy to defend while being down on a shit pitch
Slowly, Christensen becomes the best Chelsea export in years.
Tough win, was obvious we lacked rhythm. Hopefully this helps us be back in our mojo mid week. Like what I saw from Ansu, can tell he's slowly coming back to his usual self.
Kessie on the other hand does not work when we need to break a team down.
Lastly, unrelated to us, bit how did Valencia let kang-in Lee go so cheaply? He's such a good player. Will not surprise me if he's in a champions league team in a couple of years.
In Spanish, “Partido de mierda”…
But 3 points, given the injuries, against low block and post national break? I’ll take those any day.
Thanks Lewy and congrats to MATS on the clean sheet record!!!
I thought we’re joking, but people genuinely want 4-0 every match. Sorry, but it won’t continue like that and it’s not necessarily the problem (though it could be one). Such matches won you league titles. Go look at Real Madrid’s February schedule of the last season and see how thet did it (I say that because it’s recent example). Sometimes you barely won and it’s okay as long as you have a win even though it’s due to a few game-changer players.
Kessie continues to be invisible, 3 appearances in a row. He’s neither finding good spaces nor asking for the ball. It’s concerning. He looked far more dynamic in pre-season. He hasn’t made any mistakes per se, but he’s just not getting involved. His attempted pass into the box for Lewy was a nice idea at least.
🚨 Xavi: "Finding a replacement for Busquets is the absolute priority. It's fundamental." - src @barcacentre
Xavi: "When things go well I'm happy, when not, I'm sad. You feel lonely, but I'm happy to be here." - src @barcacentre
🚨 Xavi: "Pep Guardiola has been the most influential person in the world of football in the last 15 years." - src @barcacentre
Xavi: "We have been lucky because Busquets was almost never injured. His replacement? It won't be easy. As I said, it depends on FFP. It should be a player who's strong to win duels, technical, intelligent and someone who's used to the position." - src @barcacentre
Xavi: "Samper, Oriol Romeu... Touré Yaya himself had to leave. Busquets has spent 15 seasons here and in each one has played a minimum of 45 games. That's why he hasn't had a replacement and now we have to look for one." - src @barcacentre
Xavi: "Fati? I haven't talked to him about his future. We don't know the fair play situation. When we know, we will plan signings and departures." - src @barcacentre
Xavi: "On the left-back position we have Balde and Marcos, so we don't need to strengthen ourselves there." - src @barcacentre
Xavi: "Alba's departure was his personal decision. When we spoke, he told me that it was time to leave." - src @barcacentre
Xavi: "Pedri and the Nations League? We are in communication with the federation. We think it's time to rest, he has muscle fatigue. We are in contact with the coach." - src @barcacentre
Xavi: "Going to Montjuïc, getting used to the change, it won't be easy... The Camp Nou is our natural habitat and we will have to change and get used to it. That's why the support of our fans will be important. The fans must realize that we will need them." - src @barcacentre
🚨 Xavi: "Jules is a great guy. A professional through and through." - src @barcacentre
🚨 Xavi: "I already said that with Koundé there is not and there has not been a problem. He's a fundamental piece." - src @barcacentre
Xavi: "We will miss Busquets and Alba, of course. They are a reference for their teammates, but in the end the roles change and there are players who will have to step forward." - src @barcacentre
Xavi: "We chain two consecutive defeats and we want to win. We want to end with a good feeling and hopefully Lewandowski will take the Pichichi and Ter Stegen the Zamora." - src @barcacentre
Xavi: "I will feel sad because the Camp Nou is my home and there are many memories here... Now we have to think that we will have a new and better stadium, where we will all be more comfortable." - src @barcacentre
Xavi: "Managing friends, with whom you've experienced so many things... It's not easy to say that they're going to play less. These are painful decisions, as happened to me with Alves and Piqué. But as a coach you have to be professional above all else." - src @barcacentre
🚨🎙️ Xavi Hernández: "Saying goodbye to the Camp Nou… There are many years of passion and it will be an emotional day, on which we'll also say goodbye to Busquets and Jordi Alba." - src @barcacentre
Latest News: [Squad] - The squad for the final game at Spotify Camp Nou
- fcbarcelona.com [Article] - Barça v Mallorca: Farewell for now Spotify Camp Nou
- fcbarcelona.com [Article] - Xavi Hernández: 'We want to finish the season winning'
- fcbarcelona.com [Training] - Return to work ahead of last game at Spotify Camp Nou
- fcbarcelona.com [Article] - When and where to watch FC Barcelona v Mallorca
TV/Online: Livesoccertv Liveonsat FCBarcelona.com
submitted by decho
to Barca [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 10:16 MrMonkey2 Tattoos are a sign of insecurity/being emotionally unstable.
Yes I know there's plenty of tattoo unpopular opinions but I mostly have seen people saying "tattoos look bad" or "tattoos are cringe". I guess 50 years ago this wouldn't of been unpopular at all but at least with the younger generations I dont hear this take. I always think people who get tattoos are more likely to not feel secure about themselves, have anxiety/depression and be more emotionally unstable/illogical. It's not automatic but to dump money on dyeing your skin for the end goal of...... expression? What exactly is being expressed? Even if you got a tattoo as a memorial there's no real increase of importance vs getting a mural or plaque made. It's a similar mindset if people buy luxury clothes, get piercings or body mods. I don't auto dislike someone for it, I got plenty of friends with them, but it's definitely an instant minor loss of respect. Nearly every tattoo could be boiled down to not feeling comfortable in your own body. Whether you don't feel people take you seriously, you want to be noticed or don't feel attractive. When I meet someone new and see they have a tat I immediately put them in a box of people who just arnt comfortable with themselves for whatever reason. Not a horrible sin or that it makes them a bad person, just makes me see them as .... weaker? The only exception is Polynesian coming of age tattoos. That is something that's kinda almost culturally enforced on the youth and I can't really fault them for being raised like that.
submitted by MrMonkey2
to TrueUnpopularOpinion [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 10:13 LeadingFlight9254 Ottawa 911 Dispatcher
Long story short, a hobo was being beaten by 3-4 other guys at 2:30 am today, and I called 911 (for the first "real" time of my life).
Tonight at 2:30 am I got woken up by my mother who was screaming "omg they're going to kill him, what's the number for the police" (I'm not sure how people can still be unaware of that). After I told her, she dialed 911 and proceeded to tell the situation to the dispatcher. It went something like this:
Her: "...there are 4 guys beating up a guy in the street with a stick.." (I then told her to tell the address)
"it's around 800 Bank Street, right next to the church"
The dispatcher seemed confused, and my mom, who was obviously stressed, and whose first language is not English could not carry on the conversation efficiently. I took the phone and took over (she was on the phone for no longer than 6-7 seconds before I took over).
The conversation went something like this:
Me: "Hi, there are 3-4 people beating up a guy on 800 Bank Street, they're using a stick" (somewhat of a club). I'm a neighbor and am observing from a window.
Dispatcher: "Can you describe the assailants"
Me: They're leaving now, one of them is bald and doesn't have a shirt on, he's overweight. There is another with a hoodie.
Dispatcher: What color is the hoodie?
Me: I think it's black (can't see well with bad lighting).
Dispatcher: what kind of pants does he have?
Me: long, also dark pants. The bald guy is walking towards a car, I think he's going to leave on it..
Dispatcher: What type of car is it?
Me: I can't see the license plates, and I'm too far to see the brand, it looks like the car is grey.
Dispatcher: What car is it?
Me: I'm too far to say for sure, but the car is grey.
Dispatcher: What car is it!
Me: I'm too far away to see. it's driving off.
Dispatcher: where is it heading?
Me: It's going towards the river, towards parliament.
Dispatcher: what direction is it going?
Me: It's going the direction towards the riveparliament.
Dispatcher (angry): NO, like SOUTH, WEST, NORTH, EAST.
Me: I'm not sure (I'm still half asleep and under shock, and don't normally use the cardinal directions when navigating). But the car is going is going towards the RIVER.
Dispatcher: So that's North?!!!
Me: (took 2 seconds to think if it's north), yes, it's going north.
Dispatcher: Who's the guy that was beaten up?
Me: He's a hobo
Dispatcher: Okay, okay.. what was he wearing?
Me: He's wearing a grey hoodie, has a cap on...
Dispatcher: NO, what was he wearing?
Me: A grey hoodie, a cap..
Dispatcher (at this point hysterical): ARE YOU NOT LISTENING TO ME?!!!!
Me: Mam, As a 911 dispatcher you're acting very unprofessional, please stay calm.
Dispatcher (now calmer): what was the guy in the car wearing?
Me: He was bald and didn't have a shirt. The guy that was attacked has a grey hoodie, a cap and has ___ color shoes (I don't remember anymore). His hair color is ginger.
Dispatcher: I'm sorry, I don't know what hair color ginger is (I kid you not.... the dispatcher actually said that)
Me: Il a les CHEVEUX ROUX!
Dispatcher: (silence, a good couple of seconds) Okay, the police are on their way. Can I have your information?
Me: Okay good, yes.
Dispatcher: What's your address?
Me: _____________ (the address)
Dispatcher: What's your name?
Me: _____________ (first and last name)
Dispatcher: Okay thanks
Me: do you... ("want me to come out", is what I was in the middle of asking)
Dispatcher: HANGS UP
The police showed up around 10-15 minutes after the call ended, and the HOBO is alive (although limping). I was not asked any questions by the police when they arrive, nor did they try to get a statement from me. I don't think any of the assailants were found.
Note: The conversation happened right in the middle of the night after I woke up, and therefore it's already starting to get foggy in my mind, but overall, spare a couple of details, it's very close to what happened.
Is this kind of treatment by a dispatcher normal? I know it's a stressful job, but I honestly wasn't expecting THIS. Is not asking the medical state of the person being attacked normal? Is being hung up on normal?
submitted by LeadingFlight9254
to ottawa [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 10:12 SleepingGiants89 Bloody Good Business
[WP] 1920s Speakeasy owner notices his clients are going missing and finds out his club is bing used as vampier hunting grounds. After getting over the shock undead are real, he has to take matters into his own hands to save his business.
"MISSING!" I read the poster asking for information on the whereabouts of Joseph Smith. I felt bad but I wouldn't put my other patrons or myself at risk. I wasn't going to walk to the police station and tell them last time I saw him he was leaving my speakeasy with an elegant looking woman who was definitely not his wife. Hopefully the police find something but as best I could reason its not my problem.
Looking at my watch I realize it was much later in the evening than expected. I knew I had to hurry as it was almost time to open up. When prohibition first came around I figured my bartending days were over but luck smiled on me. After closing my bar down and selling it I found the perfect location for a speakeasy. It was a small shop, just one narrow wooden windowless door at the end of a dark and sleazy downtown alley. Most people don't even know the exists there. But the little shop had a big secret. After carefully navigating the tight corridor there was a rickety spiraling staircase to a basement that stretched under the adjacent building. I wasn't sure of its original purpose but after a lot of work it was an almost perfect spot to sit and drink. I had a solid oak and brass bar rail, cozy stools, some elegant booths and a nice hardwood floor installed. The atmosphere was well lit and made it easy to forget the troubles outside. That said, being a speakeasy was dangerous business for most folks but with its elegent interior and hard to find location it was easy to grease the palms of city officials to ensure it was kept private and profitable.
About mid way through the normal hours I caught a glimpse of that woman. She had the same light skin, dark red hair, and stunning low cut red dress. The dress was how I knew it was definitely her. It was the same woman that left with Joseph a few nights prior. Tonight she was the arm candy of Jackson Clarke. She looked completely enthralled by whatever he was saying. If his wife ever found out there would be trouble, but everyone here knew better than to say anything. It must not have been another 10 minutes before they were grabbing their jackets and heading out the door together. She was hanging off him like a scarf and his grin was almost wider than his head. I could only imagine where they were going. I hoped they would at least be discret as I didn't want any extra attention brought this way. Once they were out the door I realized I had been staring so i snapped back to reality. I went back to serving the rest of the regulars before closing up shop and heading home.
"MISSING!" I stared at the poster surely it had to be a coincidence that now Jackson was also missing after leaving with the same woman. Either way I knew I had to do something. Two disappearances would bring a lot more police into town and make things a lot more dangerous for me. The sooner things went back to normal the better. I decided I should confront her the next time I saw her in my bar.
A week went by with no signs of the woman or any leads on the disappearances. With so little for the police to work with the frustration was mounting and they were getting aggressive. There were police everywhere at almost all hours of the day. My business was suffering because with the increased police presence the risk was much higher that they may get caught. I was getting stressed out. I needed answers but for that I needed that woman. I had asked the doorman about her but he said he didn't know too much. Said she was from out of town but passed all the needed checks required for entry. He even had a friend at city hall pull her records to see if she might be using an alias or be a cop, but they found nothing out of the ordinary.
10 days after she left with Jackson I finally saw her again. I decided to get the doorman to take her to the storage room before she became somebody's arm candy. I had to ask her some questions just to confirm that it was just a coincidence that she was seen with both Joseph and Jackson just before they disappeared. I watched her get grabbed and roughly led out back. I excused myself for a second from the bar and made my way to the storage room as well.
I got to the door and gathered my thoughts before entering. A few deep breaths and I was ready. I opened the door and quickly ducked in closing it quickly behind me. It made a loud thud as it slammed closed a little harder than I expected.
"OK I have a few questions for you. Depending how you answer your night could be really good or bad," I said to her.
She was seated in what was probably the most uncomfortable wooden chair I'd ever seen. She wore the same dress as before but now I was noticing something I hadn't seen before. She glared at me with piercing blue eyes.
"What do you want to know" she snapped back with so much venom in her it made the hairs on the back of my neck standing up.
"What happened after you left her with Joseph and Jackson? You were the last person anybody has seen them with. After leaving here with you they just simply vanished. It might be a coincidence but I can't take that chance; especially since its messing with my business."
"Oh sweetheart do I look like the type of woman who kisses and tells." Her voice mocking me, " but maybe if you're a good little boy I can show you just what we did."
"Don't make this difficult!" I quickly moved closer to her and grabbed her shoulders giving her a quick shake. "Tell me what I want to know!"
As soon as I touched her she completely changed. Gone from her face was a playful smile. I could only describe the expression I saw now as a wolf baring its teeth as a warning.
"Get your hands off me now!"
She stood up so fast the chair flew backwards before slamming into the ground. Before I knew it she had wrapper her hand around my throat and began lifting me up. I couldn't believe the strength she had. She stood there choking me with her icy grip. I could feel her nails digging into my neck from how tight she gripped me. Now lifted off the floor by my neck, my legs dangled helplessly. I tried to look around to see the doorman. Surely he would help but once I caught sight of him I saw he was just standing there casually watching me.
I could feel the darkness creeping in from the corners of my eyes. I wondered if this was how I would die. I tried to free myself by grabbing her arm and trying to pry her hand open but to no avail. Just when I thought it was all over she effortlessly tossed me into the wall. I hit it hard with the back of my head snapping forward and back. I slumped down on the floor. My lungs now burning as the air returned to them. My head and back throbbed from the impact. I tried to stand but I was too disoriented and my legs buckled below me.
"Let me tell you exactly what's going to happen." Her voice now completely different. Firm and powerful sounding she was in charge and she knew it. "If you want to live you're going to continue to run your little club and I'm going to keep coming and hunting here as I please."
My head still fuzzy I wasn't sure if I heard her correctly, "hunting? What do you mean hunting?"
"My god; I don't understand how you've survived this long. You're slower than a snail in molasses so let me spell it out for you. My friend here," she pointed to the doorman," and I are vampires. We're not the only ones in town but we're the only ones you'll be dealing with. As vampires we require human blood from time to time. This cute little bar has become the perfect place to find meals. Nobody talks about them being here so even if questions are asked they never lead back to us. We do have a slight issue with you losing business as that would make things more difficult. Are you still listening, nod if you're following."
My head still reeling I made the effort to look up at her and for the first time i noticed them. Sharp fierce looking fangs sticking out past her lips. I nodded as best I could. I would do anything to stay alive.
"Good you're still following. In the morning you're going into the police department and file a tip that both Joseph and Jackson were last leaving town. Pitch the idea that they abandoned their families and changed their names. With that tip the police should leave here to search elsewhere and business will resume as normal."
"Say I help you; what do I get out of it?"
"Oh you mean other than getting to live and not be todays lunch? My associates and I are willing to pay you handsomely for your discretion."
"Well staying alive and making money are my two favorite things so it looks like we have a deal," I said. I knew my fate was already sealed regardless so I might as well take the money while I could.
"Good we believe this will be a bloody good opportunity for you."
With that her and the doorman disappeared back into the bar. I dragged myself off the floor and to the bathroom to clean myself up. I'd made a deal with the devil. If there was a hell I was surely destined for it.
This was requested by a friend to be made into a series but I'm not sure how to continue so this is it for now.
submitted by SleepingGiants89
to u/SleepingGiants89 [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 10:09 subreddit_stats Subreddit Stats: ProgressiveDemocrats top posts from 2022-11-20 to 2023-05-27 15:45 PDT
Period: 187.69 days
| ||Submissions ||Comments |
|Total ||1000 ||6982 |
|Rate (per day) ||5.33 ||37.12 |
|Unique Redditors ||48 ||878 |
|Combined Score ||25426 ||29352 |
Top Submitters' Top Submissions
- 8359 points, 357 submissions: FarPiano9575
- This was US Marine combat veteran Ruben Gallego as violent MAGA insurrectionists were overrunning the Capitol on January 6th. He gathered fellow Democrats to prepare to fight if necessary. "I would have killed motherfuckers to save this democracy. Fuck those guys." (638 points, 128 comments)
- Students from Nashville-area high schools and colleges, including Belmont University and Vanderbilt U, are pouring into downtown Nashville to gather at the Capitol for another rally to call for safe gun laws following last week's mass school shooting. (112 points, 20 comments)
- Sen. John Fetterman is back. “Great to be here,” he says. (77 points, 9 comments)
- My friend's late father, at 18, fighting the Nazis in France. He was ANTIFA. (74 points, 16 comments)
- Fun fact: Speaker Pelosi won nine consecutive leadership elections—on the first ballot. (71 points, 7 comments)
- This is historically important and this is the first step in holding Trump accountable for his crimes. (67 points, 10 comments)
- "We're literally building bridges, and they're literally banning books." - Pete Buttigieg (64 points, 3 comments)
- Insurrectionist Marjorie Taylor Greene has just been placed on the House Homeland Security Committee. Does that make you feel any more secure? 😱 (64 points, 29 comments)
- Trump hid in an underground bunker while Americans protested in the streets. Joe Biden flew into the middle of a war in Kyiv, Ukraine on President's Day and walked the streets as air raid sirens blared. One man stands for world freedom and peace, while the other stood only for his narcissistic self (61 points, 14 comments)
- 200 students walked out of class at an Alabama high school after they were reportedly told their student-led Black History Month program could not reference slavery or the civil rights movement "because one of our administrators felt uncomfortable" (60 points, 10 comments)
- 7529 points, 276 submissions: ProgressiveDemocrats
- Wow. Students are standing outside the Tennessee House right now and chanting, “Fuck you fascists.” Young people are absolutely pissed off & we are about to give Republicans hell like they’ve never seenZ We aren’t forgetting this. (814 points, 309 comments)
- President Biden just schooled Republicans by reminding them, “Ronald Reagan was doing the 28% tax rate, you know, that wacko liberal guy." Does anyone else love President Biden’s sense of humor? (122 points, 22 comments)
- JUST IN: Justin Jones has been voted BACK to the Tennessee State House by the Metro Nashville Council! The Council was responsible for choosing who would fill the seat until the special election, and they voted to select Jones. Right after the vote, Jones embraced the council members. (115 points, 14 comments)
- Holy shit. The former Lt. Governor of Texas, Ben Barnes, just came forward to say he was part of a secret Republican operation that convinced Iran to keep Americans held hostage in order to sabotage Jimmy Carter’s 1980 presidential campaign. (Link to the story in comments below) (84 points, 15 comments)
- As the Republican party tries to gaslight Americans into thinking Biden's State of the Union Address was terrible, note that 72% of Americans had a positive view of the Address. - That's leaps and bounds better than any Trump SOTU. - Joe Biden knocked it out of the park. (82 points, 6 comments)
- WOW. Absolute power move by Hakeem Jeffries. After Republicans kicked Ilhan Omar off of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, Rep. Jeffries immediately put her on the House Budget Committee. Republicans messed with the wrong party and person. Rep. Omar won’t be silenced. (82 points, 19 comments)
- Way to go, Tulsa high schoolers!!🥳 (80 points, 9 comments)
- HOLY SHIT! Senate Judiciary Chair Dick Durbin is about to put the smackdown on SCOTUS Justice Clarence Thomas after revelations that he's been accepting luxury gifts from Republican donors and not disclosing them. 📢 (71 points, 14 comments)
- MAGAs are attacking Arnold Schwarzenegger for posting a video in which he condemns anti-Semitism after his visit to Auschwitz. It was a 12-minute video that was powerful, uplifting, and inspiring -- and Arnold doesn't even talk about politics. Why are they offended by this video? (71 points, 29 comments)
- BREAKING: In a SHOCKING move, two Texas Republicans just joined the Democrats to PASS the “Raise The Age” gun control bill out of committee in the Texas Legislature! That's right – TEXAS! (more in the comments) (64 points, 11 comments)
- 2671 points, 84 submissions: Top-Bottle7403
- Jamie Raskin just destroyed Lauren Boebert with Donald Trump's OWN Words. Rep. Raskin is truly the greatest. (113 points, 15 comments)
- If you're randomly posting about World War III on Easter, you don't need to be running for the presidency, you need to run to a mental health provider. (99 points, 21 comments)
- BREAKING: Four members of the Proud Boys, including their former leader Enrique Tarrio, were convicted today of seditious conspiracy for plotting to keep Trump in power after his election defeat by leading a violent mob to attack the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. (78 points, 8 comments)
- Jamie Raskin is owning MAGA Republicans, all while undergoing cancer treatment on a daily basis. He’s a true hero! Please drop a comment below ❤️ to show him your support. (72 points, 12 comments)
- Sometimes one image can say more than a thousand words (70 points, 6 comments)
- Wonderful people should get to hear the wonderful things about themselves while they're still with us. Jimmy Carter was the first President I cared about when I was a kid, and he's been an incredible human being ever since. Thanks President Carter, for living an exemplary life in service of others. (66 points, 7 comments)
- God has nothing to do with it. (64 points, 6 comments)
- Last month, DeSantis signed a bill that “will allow anyone who can legally own a gun in Florida to carry one without a permit. It means training and a background check will not be required to carry concealed guns in public. It takes effect July 1.” Get ready for more mass shootings in Florida. (63 points, 21 comments)
- The China spy balloon just sent back its first pics from Missouri (61 points, 8 comments)
- This 1977 image is of GOP Tennessee Gov Bill Lee dressed in drag. There nothing wrong with this, except for the fact that Bill Lee is about to sign a bill that will ban and criminalize drag in the state. - The image is from a high school yearbook. GOP hypocrisy just keeps getting worse and worse. (58 points, 11 comments)
- 2598 points, 101 submissions: In-The-Middle12
- Eight years. No scandals. No impeachment hearings. No drama. Just class and grace personified. Let's let them know we miss this wonderful family. (79 points, 14 comments)
- If Republicans in the TN House can expel fellow members of the opposition party simply for protesting gun violence, then surely Democrats in the US House should be able to expel members of Congress for taking part in or aiding an insurrection, right? (79 points, 7 comments)
- BREAKING: Tesla has fired 30+ workers at its Buffalo gigafactory, one day after workers there announced a unionization campaign. -Tesla managers announced surprise performance reviews, then fired 8x as many workers as usual. - Tesla is notorious for union-busting. (61 points, 6 comments)
- A five-hour police delay in alerting the public that the Monterey Park, California, dance hall killer was on the run is throwing a spotlight on the nation's flawed, patchwork system for warnings of mass shooters at large. (58 points, 7 comments)
- Can you find five people in any job outside of policing where one of them wouldn't have stopped the others from beating a man to death? There are no dentists or plumbers, or accountants who would've done that to Tyre Nichols. Only cops have been trained to think that's normal. (49 points, 10 comments)
- NEW: Some actually newsworthy footage that was just released in connection with a Jan. 6 trial of Ed Badalian, the InfoWars superfan whose buddy drove a stun gun into Mike Fanone's neck during the Capitol siege. From inside a trashed suite of Senate hideaway offices: (49 points, 7 comments)
- Texas Republicans just found out that if they secede from the Union, they lose all their government checks. Say what!! The right-wing Republicans are now double-thinking this move. (49 points, 15 comments)
- Oh my. A new video just surfaced that shows Rep. Nate Schatzline (R-TX), who wrote a bill to restrict drag shows, dressed in drag while skipping through a park wearing a black sequined dress. (48 points, 4 comments)
- When Trump was POTUS he was still renting an entire floor of Trump Tower to China’s largest state owned bank. They paid him 5.4 million while in office so y’all can STFU about Biden. (48 points, 3 comments)
- If you only share ONE post today, let it be this list of 156 House Republicans who voted to raise the retirement age for Social Security to age 70. -- Don't let them get away with it. - Make sure EVERYONE knows. (45 points, 1 comment)
- 1121 points, 37 submissions: Safe_Salt9663
- This is not normal (81 points, 20 comments)
- D.C. should be a state. What do you think? (80 points, 19 comments)
- A corrupt Republican lawmaker has just been EXPELLED from the Arizona State Legislature over ethics violations, including some relating to election misinformation. (62 points, 11 comments)
- BREAKING: Wall Street Journal drops bombshell, reveals that Elon Musk’s Twitter is now a whopping $13 billion in debt due to Musk’s failed Twitter Blue grift and the wave of advertisers fleeing to “protect their brands” from Twitter’s toxicity. (click for more) (61 points, 16 comments)
- Walker’s campaign paid $595,600 to a company called ‘Jetts’ to supposedly charter private planes. However, Fox has learned that ‘Jetts’ is a defunct car wash that was owned by a Walker donor. (54 points, 12 comments)
- The stacked Supreme Court… (49 points, 5 comments)
- Another war I must’ve missed. (44 points, 14 comments)
- MAGA world is sharing this photo claiming 700K migrants are on their way to the US border. This is FALSE. This photo was taken on October 27, 2018, of Honduran migrants in Arriaga, Mexico, heading to the US. Under Trump's presidency. Just another lie from the GOP. (43 points, 7 comments)
- JUST IN: Far-right extremist Riley Williams has been sentenced to 3 years in prison for storming the U.S. Capitol on January 6 and directing a mob toward the office of then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. (click for more) (41 points, 5 comments)
- Happy Sunday to everyone who knows that no sitting US President has ever attended the coronation of British royalty, so if you're trying to shame President Biden for not doing so, you're a complete dummy... Get a grip. (37 points, 4 comments)
- 485 points, 17 submissions: Top_Bottle7403
- This is why every vote matters! (91 points, 18 comments)
- Thank you Senator Blumenthal for holding Clarence Thomas accountable — (49 points, 11 comments)
- Child labor is making a comeback in Republican-led states. That’s what THEY mean by “progress”. (47 points, 11 comments)
- A conservative city council has banned the LGBTQ+ flag from government property in Huntington Beach. Another attempt to marginal LGBTQ+ individuals. But hate cannot be allowed to win. Not in California. Not anywhere. (44 points, 13 comments)
- Donald Trump just called Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg "a Racist in Reverse," and claimed that Joe Biden pushed Bragg to prosecute him. He then made a call to “investigate the investigators!” (34 points, 13 comments)
- The Southern Baptist Convention decided Tuesday to oust Saddleback Church, the second-largest congregation of the convention, because it has a female pastor (34 points, 6 comments)
- I wonder what the MAGA zombies think when Trump says DeSantis is being disloyal. Do they then hate DeSantis? Do they think he’s part of deep state? Or do they think Trump is a senile, old man? There are no policy differences. So, do they weigh which one is owning the libs harder? (29 points, 9 comments)
- BREAKING: After taking heat for days trying to handle this on his own with Norfolk Southern and making it much worse, Gov. Mike DeWine finally relents and declares a disaster so he can get federal assistance. (25 points, 3 comments)
- Here’s my advice to everyone — like me! — who’s excitedly awaiting Trump’s indictment: Relax, and keep your popcorn ready. 🍿 (20 points, 9 comments)
- Good morning and Happy Saturday to everyone who agrees that it's better to be "woke" than to sleepwalk through life acting like a rude, obnoxious, selfish asshole. (18 points, 1 comment)
- 288 points, 10 submissions: SetMau92
- Sanders Counters GOP Giveaways With Tax Hike on Estates of UltraWealthy"Over and over again, Republicans in Washington have professed their deep concern about the national debt and yet virtually all of them have signed onto legislation that would provide a $1.8 trillion tax giveaway to billionaires. (43 points, 2 comments)
- Senate Finance Chief: Nothing Unites GOP More Than 'Helping Rich People Cheat on Their Taxes' "It's a centerpiece of the ransom Speaker McCarthy has cobbled together as he threatens to trigger a catastrophic default," said Democratic Sen. Ron Wyden. (43 points, 11 comments)
- Audio Reveals Top GOP Lawyer's 2024 Strategy: Make It Harder for College Students to Vote "Instead of fighting for the people or actually earning the votes, Republicans' only plan is to try to 'combat' voting on college campuses," said Rep. Summer Lee. (39 points, 5 comments)
- All is not well in Florida... (35 points, 1 comment)
- Darn those pesky facts.. (33 points, 4 comments)
- Sanders and others Ramp Up 14th Amendment Pressure on Biden to Counter 'Reckless' GOP "Republicans have made it clear that they are prepared to hold our entire economy hostage unless you accede to their demands to reduce the deficit on the backs of working families. That is simply unacceptable." (29 points, 10 comments)
- GOP Debt Limit Bill Could Put Over 10 Million at Risk of Losing Medicaid: Analysis "This agenda would narrow opportunity, deepen inequality, and increase hardship," said the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities. (23 points, 2 comments)
- GOP Readies 'Shameful' Vote to Oust Omar From House Committee "You cannot remove a member of Congress from a committee simply because you do not agree with their views," said Rep. Pramila Jayapal. "This is both ludicrous and dangerous." (17 points, 2 comments)
- Progressive Young Voters to Biden: Energize Us and Win or Ignore Us and Lose "We need you to deliver the bold ideas that our generation cannot live without—stop the climate crisis, fight for the rights and dignity of immigrants, impose real gun control—and run on a bold platform." (17 points, 4 comments)
- Whitewash is to “gloss over or cover up,” (9 points, 1 comment)
- 125 points, 4 submissions: blixt141
- Nebraska Republican Says Six-Week Abortion Ban Is Necessary Because White People Are Being Replaced (49 points, 9 comments)
- Supreme Court rolls back federal safeguards for wetlands under Clean Water Act (35 points, 13 comments)
- Where Things Stand: Biden Shreds McCarthy’s Performative Debt Limit Bill (33 points, 5 comments)
- Police: 11 shot, injured during mass shooting at South Carolina park (8 points, 1 comment)
- 108 points, 5 submissions: Smelly-taint
- I love how the GOP wants to destroy everything that their own constituents benefit from. (33 points, 7 comments)
- Can't think of anything better than a dictator. 🤦🏽♂️ (30 points, 9 comments)
- Yes! Yes! Yes! (21 points, 28 comments)
- Woke? (13 points, 3 comments)
- Fuck these Anti Constitutionalist. Attack the Capital then attack my rights. (11 points, 20 comments)
- 89 points, 6 submissions: Puffin_fan
- Idaho Republicans Deny Girls Free Tampons in School (28 points, 6 comments)
- GOP’s Proposed Expansion Of Work Requirements Targets Low-Income People In Their Early 50s Who Already Work (20 points, 3 comments)
- Finland's average electricity price slips into negative territory (14 points, 2 comments)
- 'I’m trying not to go into panic.' Review of millions of Medicaid enrollees plagued by error and confusion (10 points, 4 comments)
- After Signature Bank Deal, FDIC Is Left With $11 Billion in ‘Toxic Waste’ Loans (9 points, 3 comments)
- As Rail Profits Soar, Blocked Crossings Force Kids to Crawl Under Trains to Get to School (8 points, 0 comments)
- SpukiKitty (2210 points, 453 comments)
- SqnLdrHarvey (1737 points, 394 comments)
- In-The-Middle12 (1456 points, 284 comments)
- Top-Bottle7403 (1301 points, 240 comments)
- SmylesLee77 (1147 points, 294 comments)
- ProgressiveDemocrats (1104 points, 204 comments)
- FarPiano9575 (1090 points, 205 comments)
- Alternative-Flan2869 (679 points, 178 comments)
- HillbillyEulogy (588 points, 124 comments)
- Biishep1230 (533 points, 101 comments)
- Wow. Students are standing outside the Tennessee House right now and chanting, “Fuck you fascists.” Young people are absolutely pissed off & we are about to give Republicans hell like they’ve never seenZ We aren’t forgetting this. by ProgressiveDemocrats (814 points, 309 comments)
- This was US Marine combat veteran Ruben Gallego as violent MAGA insurrectionists were overrunning the Capitol on January 6th. He gathered fellow Democrats to prepare to fight if necessary. "I would have killed motherfuckers to save this democracy. Fuck those guys." by FarPiano9575 (638 points, 128 comments)
- President Biden just schooled Republicans by reminding them, “Ronald Reagan was doing the 28% tax rate, you know, that wacko liberal guy." Does anyone else love President Biden’s sense of humor? by ProgressiveDemocrats (122 points, 22 comments)
- JUST IN: Justin Jones has been voted BACK to the Tennessee State House by the Metro Nashville Council! The Council was responsible for choosing who would fill the seat until the special election, and they voted to select Jones. Right after the vote, Jones embraced the council members. by ProgressiveDemocrats (115 points, 14 comments)
- Jamie Raskin just destroyed Lauren Boebert with Donald Trump's OWN Words. Rep. Raskin is truly the greatest. by Top-Bottle7403 (113 points, 15 comments)
- Students from Nashville-area high schools and colleges, including Belmont University and Vanderbilt U, are pouring into downtown Nashville to gather at the Capitol for another rally to call for safe gun laws following last week's mass school shooting. by FarPiano9575 (112 points, 20 comments)
- If you're randomly posting about World War III on Easter, you don't need to be running for the presidency, you need to run to a mental health provider. by Top-Bottle7403 (99 points, 21 comments)
- This is why every vote matters! by Top_Bottle7403 (91 points, 18 comments)
- Holy shit. The former Lt. Governor of Texas, Ben Barnes, just came forward to say he was part of a secret Republican operation that convinced Iran to keep Americans held hostage in order to sabotage Jimmy Carter’s 1980 presidential campaign. (Link to the story in comments below) by ProgressiveDemocrats (84 points, 15 comments)
- WOW. Absolute power move by Hakeem Jeffries. After Republicans kicked Ilhan Omar off of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, Rep. Jeffries immediately put her on the House Budget Committee. Republicans messed with the wrong party and person. Rep. Omar won’t be silenced. by ProgressiveDemocrats (82 points, 19 comments)
- 26 points: KayleighJK's comment in Wow. Students are standing outside the Tennessee House right now and chanting, “Fuck you fascists.” Young people are absolutely pissed off & we are about to give Republicans hell like they’ve never seenZ We aren’t forgetting this.
- 23 points: Similar_Candidate789's comment in Wow. Students are standing outside the Tennessee House right now and chanting, “Fuck you fascists.” Young people are absolutely pissed off & we are about to give Republicans hell like they’ve never seenZ We aren’t forgetting this.
- 23 points: SpukiKitty's comment in Wow. Students are standing outside the Tennessee House right now and chanting, “Fuck you fascists.” Young people are absolutely pissed off & we are about to give Republicans hell like they’ve never seenZ We aren’t forgetting this.
- 23 points: brotherstoic's comment in Should we be looking for someone other than Biden?
- 23 points: moreobviousthings's comment in Holy shit. The former Lt. Governor of Texas, Ben Barnes, just came forward to say he was part of a secret Republican operation that convinced Iran to keep Americans held hostage in order to sabotage Jimmy Carter’s 1980 presidential campaign. (Link to the story in comments below)
- 22 points: westofme's comment in Alex Jones transferred his assets to his family and friends, evading payments to Sandy Hook families. It should be illegal, but sadly, it's not.
- 20 points: Explorers_bub's comment in The city of Franklin, Tennessee is voting whether to allow a Pride festival. Someone during public comment says it will result in “a rainbow room where 8-12 year-old kids are given butt plugs & dildos.” --- This is what GOP propaganda is doing.
- 19 points: ProgressiveDemocrats's comment in Holy shit. The former Lt. Governor of Texas, Ben Barnes, just came forward to say he was part of a secret Republican operation that convinced Iran to keep Americans held hostage in order to sabotage Jimmy Carter’s 1980 presidential campaign. (Link to the story in comments below)
- 19 points: westofme's comment in Another war I must’ve missed.
- 18 points: HillbillyEulogy's comment in Please tell me whats wrong with this picture?
Generated with BBoe's Subreddit Stats
submitted by subreddit_stats
to subreddit_stats [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 10:03 TR-GhostTortilla About
Welcome to LeagueStats.no
A League of legends Website and Discord Server.
What is LeagueStats.no?
It is a website focused around League of Legends statistics. It focuses more on the individual players statistics and user feedback on what features are missing and or need changing are highly welcome.
Each player has the ability to link one Discord Account to one League account (Done internally on the Discord Server). This will unlock the following features for your profile.
- Profile Page
- Match History Page
- Mastery Page
- Statistics for each champion (Still in Development). Rough Sketch Sites have been added.
- Notifications after played games on Discord
For each game recorded on the server (From Linked Accounts) a Match Summary will be generated. With all the information from the played game.
The Discord Server's Bot has several Commands related to League of Legends and their Champions etc. Profile Information and so on.
What data is collected from players?
The only data being collected from players specifically is the Discord ID and the linked Summoner. This is to be able to send the correct use a message about their recent matches etc.
The Website itself does not show any references to what Discord account has been linked with what summoner, neither does the Discord.
What is this Subreddit about?
Anything related to the Website and or Discord Server.
Feedback, questions and or help are all things that can be discussed here.
Note that most of these topics have dedicated channels on the Discord Server.
How to join the Discord?
You can follow the link here: Discord
Everything which might be unclear and or not explained very well can (Hopefully) be found on the Discord server.
What does it cost?
Project is entirely free, as the resources required to host it are not that high... (Yet).
There won't and will not be any advertisements on the website.
There is a Patreon
which was created for long-term support, but which might not see much use until I feel satisfied with the end product. So it is optional and has no real benefits for the time being.
This Project is a single person operation, so if things don't look right and or are not a 100% accurate, feel free to tell me about it on the Discord and I will have a look at it.
submitted by TR-GhostTortilla
to leaguestats_no [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 10:02 Rea-wakey B1537 - European Economic Area Referendum Bill - Final Division
A Bill To Make provision for the holding of a referendum in the United Kingdom on whether or not the United Kingdom should join the European Economic Area; and for connected purposes.
BE IT ENACTED by the King’s most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Lords, and the Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:- 1: The referendum
(1) A referendum is to be held on whether or not the United Kingdom should join the European Economic Area. (2) The referendum shall be held on July 27th 2023, or 45 days after this legislation’s passage, whichever is latest. (a) The Secretary of State may, by order in the positive procedure, appoint an alternative day on which the referendum is to be held but may not delay it beyond October 1st 2023 and may not appoint it on a date that would coincide with the following- (i) A General Election to the UK Parliament (ii) An election to the Senedd Cymru, Northern Irish Assembly, or Scottish Parliament (iii) Any referendum held in any part of the country, except when organised by a local authority (3) The question that is to appear on the ballot papers is-
“Should the United Kingdom join the European Economic Area?”
(4) The alternative answers to that question that are to appear on the ballot papers are-
“The United Kingdom should join the European Economic Area”
“The United Kingdom should not join the European Economic Area”
(5) In Wales, there must also appear on the ballot paper- (a) The following Welsh translation of the question- “Dylai’r Deyrnas Unedig ymuno a’r Ardal Economaidd Ewropeaidd?” (b) The following Welsh translation of the alternative answers- “Dylai’r Deyrnas Unedig ymuno a’r Ardal Economaidd Ewropeaidd” “Dylai’r Deyrnas Unedig ddim ymuno a’r Ardal Economaidd Ewropeaidd” 2: Eligibility to vote in the referendum
(1) Those eligible to vote in the referendum are- (a) The persons who, on the date of the referendum, would be entitled to vote as electors at a parliamentary election in any constituency, (b) the persons who, on that date, are disqualified by reason of being peers from voting as electors at parliamentary elections but- (i) would be entitled to vote as electors at any local government election in any electoral area in Great Britain, (ii) would be entitled to vote as electors at a local election in any district electoral area in Northern Ireland. >(c) the persons who, on the date of the referendum, are either- >> (i) a Commonwealth citizen, or >> (ii) a citizen of the Republic of Ireland. 3: Conduct etc
(1) The Electoral Commission shall be entrusted to establish regulations concerning the formal campaign period, with the following non-binding recommendations: (a) The Electoral Commission ought to designate a formal ‘Should Join’ organisation and a formal ‘Should not join’ organisation. (i) Each designation shall be given permission to produce a one page A4 pamphlet outlining their case, to be distributed to the electorate in such a way that the Electoral Commission deems fit (b) The Electoral Commission ought to arrange at minimum two debates during the campaign period between representatives of each organisation, with authority for approving those representatives given to the organisations. (c) A period or purdah must begin no later than 14 days before the designated date of the referendum. (2) The Secretary of State may make regulations in the negative procedure to amend this Act for the purposes of holding the referendum in Gibraltar 4: Extent, commencement and short title
(1) This Act extends to the whole of the United Kingdom and to Gibraltar. (2) This Act comes into force on the day on which this Act is passed (3) This Act may be cited as the European Economic Area Referendum Act 2023.
This bill was originally model-mili
and was inspired by the real life European Union Referendum Act 2015 and the Wales Justice and Policing Referendum Act 2020, with thanks to Miraiwae
for the Welsh translations.
This bill was submitted and dates slightly altered by u/thechattyshow
, and is submitted as a Private Members Bill. Opening Speech: thechattyshow
I reached out to u/model-mili
, and permission was granted to resubmit this for the term.
Let me quote the now Prime Minister:
I rise in support of this bill. It was a key promise in the Labour manifesto, and I’m excited to see it through.I think all the members here can agree that we are in a cost of living crisis, Deputy Speaker, and measures to address this are ongoing. Yet, in most of the discussions members have missed that there is a large trading bloc on our doorstep that we were members of until quite recently, which was a net positive to our economy and to living standards in the UK.This bill is not an endorsement of the EEA, nor is it attempting to argue that we should join EEA - rather, it is about giving a choice to the British people. With the rise of the Social Liberal Party - an unashamedly pro-EU party - it is clear there is appetite for a closer relationship, and Labour’s second place with our promise to hold a referendum shows that this is the next step that the people of the UK would like to consider.
Pretty convincing words, hey?
The reality is that the European Economic Area for many, such as myself, is an organisation that I am very keen to join. The EEA offers us a great deal of growth, and is a clear indication of a Britain that wishes to stand alongside it's EU colleagues, together for prosperity.
We have seen the rise of pro-eu parties. Last Labour manifesto, stated:
Since our departure from the European Union, more barriers to tradehave unnecessarily been put into place with our closest neighboursand friends. Labour will, as we did last term, push for a referendum onEEA Membership to re-enter the single market. Given people nowknow the effects of Brexit, it is important that they are given thechance to re-evaluate and reconsider, and if they choose to remainoutside the EEA the matter can be considered settled.
Now it would be a great shame if Labour broke a manifesto promise like this - so I am happy that this will get their support. It is important that manifesto policies are delivered, and so I offer this as an olive branch to the Labour Party, as a token of goodwill, for them to help achieve one of their promises. This division will end at 10pm on the 31st May.
submitted by Rea-wakey
to MHOCMP [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 09:08 Amazing-Salary6558 This isn’t hate,political,it’s wrong to ignore ppl who are dangers to others.She is a danger.How dare she allow her mom call an ambulance.Her mom could be legally charged.Adrielle & her privilege will manipulate & lie more to get out of trouble.If questioned she’d say she was just so worried.
Adrielle is so selfish she doesn’t care. She doesn’t care ab animals she doesn’t help or care for animals. She’s the reason all of her pets had horrible lives and then died without having the love they deserve all while she used them for attention online.The issue isn’t the fact she’s a hairy toad. The issue is in the fact she lies so much and will throw anyone under the bus . Just like the cop. I’m not a fan of cops but the man neither cop was rude , creepy, flirty, etc .. infant she claims she was soooo afraid. She was a target. Yet , he didn’t even ticket her . If it was personal for him and he had the mindset she fabricated in her hairy small brain… he would of been the one to happily ticket her. She never wears a seatbelt and drives like she’s 15 and snuck out in the car. She uses her whiteness . She’s not oppressed. If she was she would be up every morning working her ass off and she hold of actually been treated poorly by the cops. She can lead innocent ppl to serious trouble. She is so truly removed and unaware of how the real world is outside of the realm of TikTok and Facebook. She’s not oppressed . She’s not struggling she goes to Whole Foods and buys gross overpriced stuff marketed to idiots like her . She’s unaware of how the law works . False ACCUSATIONS and claims have hundreds of thousands of people in prison and in the system- one lie ab a man ab sexual assault of any of the other lies … can ruin someone and she is truly truly just so absolutely stupid that she doesn’t understand that people every day call in with this revenge type mentality against somebody else and makes false police reports against them, and that person often is found guilty of something they did not do. She could post a video, someone else, or the police find it, she forget that her lies are exactly that ally… Uber, her phone, all have information of who took that ride and where they went. If she wanted to help so much, she could also have taken a photo of the house talk to a police officer and pointed it out but she’s a liar, and it’s absolutely sick that she claims she almost died because of domestic violence. She’s never been hospitalized because of domestic violence that man was eager for her to get the fuck out and be done with her weird ass. She was never abused by him, she’s the abuser, and if somebody broke and shoved her because she is a psychopath that’s not abuse, she’s an abuser. She abuses her own family and children her lies are an issue. All of her made up little stupid fucking stories about being bullied. Well, she’s a bully … and are also absolute bullshit. Sick freak ! Her being an obvious pedophile is also an issue somebody who goes online to go as far to post a question publicly… Means that there was some sort of exchange between her, and that child, where some sort of relationship developed for her to even say that. She felt enough for a minor that she asked that… You also noticed she’s so very often talked about her ex, and his relationship with a 16-year-old Sounds like they are both some weird sick people. One day she will see a consequence and I hope that it’s publicly posted as well as her mug shot with her hairy face now that would travel so great in her 40 mile radius of fame people would love it and laugh she would become a meme, the fact that she is so selfishly and openly humiliated her children with those vile unsexy sexual Videos that she posted of herself, licking sex toys… pedophile, much? Knowing her children’s friends see all of her posts and give her fake attention that she thinks is so flattering because some little boys are lying to her telling her that she’s so hot… She think she’s famous, and people are jealous of her so-called platform. She can’t really think she has the biggest platform in her entire area or that she ever did have that… This person is not normal it’s person as a threat to society, though she’s not so mentally sick that she has no idea what she’s doing… she certainly needs to be charged for all of these lies, and for the ambulance ride if they even went, I’m very curious. I’m surprised she even still has a job with Uber. She’s a threat to them as well as other people the writers and just people all around. She is a threat she’s a liability she’s a vial Gross beast . It’s cruel and weird to do all that she does She is a prime example of absolute white privilege and entitlement. Nothing about her is tan or dark skin. She can’t claim that nothing about her sexy like a beautiful woman with melanin or tan rich bronze skin she sits in a tanning bed and looks like leather. she cries online, begging for attention And comments she needs them about her body how beautiful she is… Oh, well, she’s ripping apart people because of their weight !! I really can’t believe the way she gets away with treating her children legally as well… They’re clearly neglected emotionally and physically because withholding food in forcing veganism is not OK not allowing them to have regular food in their house is fucking weird. She is an absolute creepy monster. It’s clear why men run from her and she has no friends. Even when she’s with her fam she’s crossed eyed , drooling into her phone , feeding her addiction, not allowing anyone to talk - she talks over them or around bc she can’t be interrupted. It’s obvious her fam is so uncomfortable around her . Can u imagine how happy and relaxed and just…. Happy her fam is when she’s gone ?? She says she can’t wait for her kids to gtfo but she can’t see that … they already are . She can post all the bs feeding her kids being so fake nice … she’s not a good liar . She can post all the lies she wants but it’s clear who she is and ppl aren’t mean to her she deserves it and also it’s all lies ppl don’t chase her down and yell at her everywhere she goes I bet there’s a small tiny group mainly kids bc of her kids. …. And a huge population who have no clue ! Parents of other kids not liking her is not surprising and good for them I’d keep her away too on top of all the shit she talks about people of that community. All while she’s absolutely and exactly what she describes the other people to be… She’s an unaccomplished, uneducated, loser. Another idiot on TikTok, who believes they’re gonna find success financially by posting all the stupid shit, she posted… She was lucky she got followers on that other account it was all based on lies… karma visit her then and she lost that account. She’s never going to make as much money as she think she is $500 in one video while… $500 is not a lot of money. Meanwhile there’s people that have salaries who have busted their asses or bust their ass every day and actually feed their kids and cook them dinner and drive them and don’t get vacation… she needs to stop !she won’t stop tho !! Let’s see what crime is against her next —- maybe the trooper will end up saving her and they fall in love !!! She is a weird liar anyone who goes as far as she goes …. !!! Deserves a cell !!
submitted by Amazing-Salary6558
to Adrielle_Sigler_Vegan [link] [comments]